PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss as a Bronco??

Buff_bronc_fan
12-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this, PFT.com likes to just throw things out there for rumor mill fodder around the league. However, the fact that someone outside of Denver is reporting this raised my eyebrow.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

MOSS FLIRTING WITH BRONCOS?

The weekly Broncos Mailbag feature penned by Bill Williamson of The Denver Post leads off with an intriguing question.

Was Raiders receiver Randy Moss quietly lobbying to join the Broncos in 2006 during Saturday's game between Denver and Randy's Raiders?

Writes Williamson: "Moss does look uninterested in being a Raider. It's early, but this pairing hasn't worked. However, with a new quarterback and coach likely coming to the Raiders, his time in Oakland may not be a total loss."

Still, 2005 clearly has been the most disappointing season of Moss's football career. Though he has more catches and yards in Oakland than he had during a final season with the Vikings in which he missed three games and was greatly limited in two others due to a hamstring injury, Moss has not been the focal point of the passing game -- and his reputation as a game-breaking receiver has been tarnished.

The likely arrival of a new coach and a new quarterback brings hope, if the new coach and the new quarterback are committed to feeding Randy like a spoiled fat kid who has gone months without his heaping helping of Ho-Hos. Our guess is that Randy will keep his mouth shut as the looming moves are made, but that at the first sign that he's not going to be the shiz-nit next season, he'll start popping off about wanting out.

In this regard, he has some leverage. He's due to make $8.25 million in 2006, $9.25 million in 2007, and $11.25 million in 2008. At some point, the Raiders will ask him to restructure his contract, especially since those base salaries in '06 through '08 also carry big chunks of his 2005 salary, nearly all of which was converted to a signing bonus in order to reduce his cap number this season.

Unless Randy is happy, he'll say no. And then the Raiders will have to decide whether they're willing to devote so much money to a guy who isn't what he was with the Vikings.

That's why we still have a feeling that, at some point, Moss will find his way back to Minnesota, just as Fran Tarkenton did more than 30 years ago after being traded to the Giants.

That's why it would be our guess that any perception of flirtation with the Broncos more accurately could be described as the first step in an effort to alienate the Raiders, in the hopes that he'll eventually get out of Oakland.

--After re-reading the article, and going to the Denver Post.com, I realize that this story basically started with one fan's speculation, and Williamson's lack of insight about pertinant subject matter to put in his 'mail bag'. I didn't realize how much I liked Adam Shefter until I started reading Bill Williamson's boring stories that offer zero insight. Too bad NFL.com snatched him up, now we're forced to read this inferior journalism.

Tyler_Thompson
12-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I don't think that would happen but it might be kinda cool if it did

Tony
12-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't think that would happen but it might be kinda cool if it did

I wouldn't mind moss as a bronco, as opposed to TO. :coffee:

OrangeCrush16
01-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Mike Shanahan is a better coach then to pick up Randy Moss! He could handle him, but it would naver happen!

Sam_Z
01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Sounds moreless like he's just using Denver to send a message to Oakland. That hes not happy and unless they feed him like a hogg he aint staying around.

Bronco_f1
01-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I am one of the few who would much rather have TO than Moss. Moss plays when he wants. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't play well

Southstander
01-07-2006, 05:00 AM
I am one of the few who would much rather have TO than Moss. Moss plays when he wants. If he doesn't want to, he doesn't play well

That like asking if you would rather get poked in the eye or kicked in the nuts, I take neither

broncolitis
01-07-2006, 12:24 PM
He'd be OK to have but with guys like Rad Smith and Ashlie Lelie he might not start. He's getting kind of old.

deer_dance9
01-07-2006, 01:23 PM
He'd be OK to have but with guys like Rad Smith and Ashlie Lelie he might not start. He's getting kind of old.

whoa whoa whoa whoa randy moss not start, what??? randy moss i believe is going on 30 or 29, he is relitively still young, hes tall and hes fast as hell. rod smith is getting old and who knows may retire. id love to see moss a bronco, ooo and he could and will beat lelie outta a starting job for sure by the way lelie has played this season

Gyro
01-07-2006, 10:50 PM

I agree, he makes alot of plays after the catch and even if he may not be a great team player he is the most talented reciever in the NFL.

Archimedes Owl
01-08-2006, 12:37 PM
You guys joke funny.

Yeah, I read that mailbag and it was some random fan making random speculations. It shouldn't have made the mailbag, but Bill Williamson doesn't really seem to have standards, so I wasn't really surprised. Still, there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

As for Randy Moss, I know it isn't a popular opinion, but I'd rather have TO than Randy Moss. Now, I'd hate to have TO on our team, but Randy Moss wouldn't be any better. At least TO plays hard when he's on the field. Randy doesn't always play at full speed and sometimes he improves on his own. Beyond that, he's notorious for not blocking in the running game.

As for mailbags, we still have a pretty good one in Denver. Jeff Legwold of the Rocky Mountain News still provides good insight.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/broncos/

TXBRONC
01-08-2006, 02:48 PM

Broncolitis Moss is something like five or six years younger than Rod so he's not that old, he in his upper twenties. He's also a true number one receiver. I almost certain we can't afford him nor am I saying we should get him but he is still one of the best recievers in the game.

tpryce93
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree TO >Randy I'd rather have my players fighting with TO then smoking it up and skipping games with moss. :beer:

BroncosWayback
01-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Any word yet on the signing of Tight End Landon Trusty from San Deigo???

He was supposed to sign last Friday but I haven't seen it posted yet.