PDA

View Full Version : Louisville G/C Jason Spitz

MindField
12-30-2005, 05:08 PM
This guy might be worth taking a look at. If he is a legit first round talent, and can project to LG, he might be worth selecting.

Jason Spitz Sr. C/G 6'3 1/2"-307 Louisville

Kiper: "Versatile player who will have a long career at the next level. Strongest player on the Cardinals roster."

I value LG's. Look no further than the damage Steve Hutchison does for the Seattle Seahawks each week, and the holes he opens for Shaun Alexander.

Or what Mark Schlereth meant to our O-line success when TD was running rampant.

If Hamilton is to move to Center, as expected, we need to plug in a LG that has size, speed and talent to play there nad become part of our O-line for the forseeable future.

The fact that Spitz is a Center is a plus, because that means he has run the O-line and their adjustments. If he is athletic enough, and can legitimately project to LG, he is worthy of consideration for Drafting by the Broncos.

TheChampion
12-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Spitz, in my opinion is the second best Guard in the draft behind Joseph of Oklahoma....he figures to be a very late second rounder or 3rd round selection.

he would look great in a bronco uniform if available with our 3rd rd. pick

Perry1977
12-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't think Myers is going to cut it?

TheChampion
12-30-2005, 11:02 PM
i have not seen him play in an actual game yet.

goeagles99
12-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Spitz is a good OL, but I don't see him as a Bronco type player. He's more upright and strong. You guys tend to like athletic players. Mark Setterstrom of Minnesota would be a great OG prospect for you guys.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/player.asp?sport_id=mfball&player_id=1825