PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Draft: Top 20 Picks

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Here is the set order for the top 20 picks in April's draft, the only thing of these that could change would be San Francisco and Oakland switching picks based on the results of an upcoming coin flip.

1. Houston
2. New Orleans
3. Tennessee
4. NY Jets
5. Green Bay
6. San Francisco
7. Oakland
8. Buffalo
9. Detroit
10. Arizona
11. St. Louis
12. Cleveland
13. Baltimore
14. Philadelphia
15. Atlanta
16. Miami
17. Minnesota
18. Dallas
19. San Diego
20. Kansas City

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 09:00 AM
1. Houston- Reggie Bush
2. New Orleans- Matt Leinart
3. Tennessee- D'brickishaw Ferguson
4. NY Jets- Vince Young- for arguments sake, but this likely could be a trade
5. Green Bay- Mario Williams
6. San Francisco- Haloti Ngata
7. Oakland- A. J. Hawk
8. Buffalo- Joe Thomas- if he comes out, I think he's leaning that way lately
9. Detroit- Jimmy Williams
10. Arizona- Winston Justice
11. St. Louis- Michael Huff
12. Cleveland- Tamba Hali-has leap frogged Kiwi of late who is said to be dropping
13. Baltimore- Chad Greenway
14. Philadelphia- LenDale White
15. Atlanta- LaRon Landry
16. Miami- Jay Cutler- still can't believe he'll go this high, but some have him higher
17. Minnesota- DeAngelo Williams
18. Dallas- Marcus McNeill
19. San Diego- Santonio Holmes
20. Kansas City- Ahmad Brooks- higher talent, questions w/ injuries, K. Bell might be released because of low production/high salary from what I've heard and they need to tackle. If Brooks doesn't come out than perhaps D'Qwell Jackson here.

The best thing about this scenario to me is that both Kiwi and Maroney are still on the board. I don't think Kiwi will fall all the way to our pick, but he's closer than previously thought if his current value remains the same. After Cleveland, there just isn't a HUGE DE need for teams picking in that mid range. Maroney will very likely fall to one of our picks should we choose to take a look.

A couple of guys to look out for who could climb the boards quickly are Ko Simpson at safety and Manny Lawson at DE/OLB among other possibilities.

billymischke_33
01-02-2006, 07:46 PM
1. Houston- Reggie Bush
7. Oakland- A. J. Hawk
12. Cleveland- Tamba Hali-has leap frogged Kiwi of late who is said to be dropping
16. Miami- Jay Cutler- still can't believe he'll go this high, but some have him higher
20. Kansas City- Ahmad Brooks- higher talent, questions w/ injuries, K. Bell might be released because of low production/high salary from what I've heard and they need to tackle. If Brooks doesn't come out than perhaps D'Qwell Jackson here.

The best thing about this scenario to me is that both Kiwi and Maroney are still on the board. I don't think Kiwi will fall all the way to our pick, but he's closer than previously thought if his current value remains the same. After Cleveland, there just isn't a HUGE DE need for teams picking in that mid range. Maroney will very likely fall to one of our picks should we choose to take a look.

A couple of guys to look out for who could climb the boards quickly are Ko Simpson at safety and Manny Lawson at DE/OLB among other possibilities.
whatta bout calhoun? he had a good year, RB outta wisconsin

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/517600

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Probaby more of a second round pick at this point. Doesn't quite have the size for a team to spend a first round pick on him, and the production like this year hasn't extended throughout his whole career. But he is a very good talent if he can get placed in the right system.

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 07:49 PM
The coin flip happened today for Oakland vs. San Francisco for the 6 and 7 spots and I believe Oakland won. So the Raiders will have the 6th pick and the 49ers will have the 7th.

billymischke_33
01-02-2006, 09:35 PM
1. Houston- Reggie Bush
7. Oakland- A. J. Hawk

Deangelo williams in the #1 rusher in the nation, heel go sooner

ttejuco
01-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Houston will not take Reggie Bush, they will trade down because they have WAY too many needs. They absolutely need D'Brickshaw Ferguson. I just dont know who they would trade down with and still be able to draft him. Are the Saints going to do what they did to get Ricky Williams, and move up to get Reggie Bush, or are the Titans going to get that playmaker for their young team.

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Deangelo williams in the #1 rusher in the nation, heel go sooner

Just because he is the leading rusher in the nation does not mean he will go sooner.

He may go sooner, he could go top 10, but a lot will depend on his workouts and the senior bowl.

A lot will also depend on team needs at draft time and how FA plays out because this year's free agent market is stacked with RB's: E. James, S. Alexander, A. Green, J. Lewis, N. Davenport, D. Foster, etc. That's a lot of talent out there.

LenDale White has been said to have passed DeAngelo if LenDale comes out, plus, it will depend on which team is picking the back. If it's Philadelphia, it will be LenDale way before they would take Williams. DeAngelo's best hopes of going early are probably the NY Jets if they trade down a little to get him and stockpile some picks in the process.

But it is also not out of the realm of possibility that he slips to the 15-20 range, very possible. A lot more goes into the picks than just being the leading rusher in college.

The|Snake#16
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Why on earth would the Eagles take White, they just gave Westbrook a gargantuan contract, and they already have a pretty solid backup.

Personally, I think it'd be smart for Arizona to either....A) Trade up for Bush, then draft some O-line and look to trade for David Gerrard.....or.....B) Draft Omar Jacobs in the first round, then look to a RB the next round.

Miami might also consider looking for Jacobs or Gerrard, both of whom I think would be great additions to those QB-lacking teams.(Warner isn't good enough, but they could try to keep him in another year for the rookie to sit under)

DenverFanInGB
01-03-2006, 06:45 AM

I don't think he said he was coming out for sure this year.

But he is a solid RB.

GridironChamp
01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
1. Houston- Reggie Bush
7. Oakland- A. J. Hawk

Chiefs i think will be taking a QB or WR. Bell really played better in the last 3 games than he did at the beginning of the year. I think he has one more year before they right him out. So i see them taking the best WR or QB left on the board. Maybe like Hester, if he comes out, or maybe Quinn if he comes out (i cant remember if he can) or maybe we will get lucky and Holmes will drop 1 spot ;)

I dont think Denver needs another RB, so they should pass on Maroney if he is there, they have a relitvily young RB right now.

jletourneau
01-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Why on earth would the Eagles take White, )

Because Brian Westbrook is not an every down back and has played almost equal time split out wide.

The Eagles recognized this year that success started coming back more consistently at times when they went back to a solid mix up of the running game and LenDale White is everything Brian Westbrook is not for the running game, and vice versa.

Putting White with Westbrook in a platoon situation would be very similar to what USC has done between White and Bush.

The|Snake#16
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Because Brian Westbrook is not an every down back and has played almost equal time split out wide.

The Eagles recognized this year that success started coming back more consistently at times when they went back to a solid mix up of the running game and LenDale White is everything Brian Westbrook is not for the running game, and vice versa.

Putting White with Westbrook in a platoon situation would be very similar to what USC has done between White and Bush.

If this happened i'd be more than surprised, and if they went with a 2 RB scheme i'd be even more surprised, this idea is a stretch.