PDA

View Full Version : Denver will pick 30th even if we lose our first playoff game.

Perry1977
01-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Because of our 13-3 record and strength of schedule of .500, even if we lose our first playoff game we will be the last to pick of the non-superbowl competitors. The round of the playoffs that you get to is meaningless; the only thing that is taken into account to determine the order is final record and strength of schedule. Even if Seattle, who has the same 13-3 record as us, loses early, they would still pick before us because they have a weaker strength of schedule at .430.

However, this basically locks in the Washington pick at 22 for the same reasons...unless of course they make it to the superbowl, where the pick would jump to the 31st or 32nd spot depending if they win or lose.

But just how big was that fumble return by Sean Taylor last night that ended a potential game-winning drive by the Eagles and sealed the game for Washington? Well, it bumped us from the 19th pick to the 22nd....and we would have been picking just ahead of San Diego and Kansas City at 20 and 21...

Gads that sucks!!! :(

PR-Broncomaniac
01-02-2006, 11:15 AM
At least I ain't counting on the Draft to get a better team.

We have a great team, so just get all the Free Agents signed and get ready for '06.

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 11:34 AM
At least I ain't counting on the Draft to get a better team.

We have a great team, so just get all the Free Agents signed and get ready for '06.

The draft is VITAL to building a consistently good team. Especially considering the Broncos need to trim nearly 30 million dollars to get under the cap.

You might not be counting on the draft to help make the Broncos a better team, but I can assure you that Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen and Ted Sundquist are counting on the draft to help improve the team.

The best GM's in recent years who have succeeded in the FA era have realized the necessity of building through the draft. Not just the first round, but through the whole draft.

We do have a great team, but if we do not build well through the draft you will not continue to see the same model of consistency for great teams for this Broncos organization.

Pryce, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, DJ, Foxworth, Darrent Williams, Jason Elam, Portis who got us Champ, Tatum, Mike Anderson, Matt Lepsis, Putzier, Nalen, Hamilton, Foster, Carlisle. ALL were original draft picks by the Denver Broncos.

The draft matters, I wouldn't be so quick to ignore it. I'm going to enjoy every moment of this playoff year, and already have, but I want to keep seeing continued success and consistency by developing a team that can compete in the salary cap era. That is why I am counting on the draft, and so is Mike Shanahan.

PR-Broncomaniac
01-02-2006, 11:40 AM
The draft is VITAL to building a consistently good team. Especially considering the Broncos need to trim nearly 30 million dollars to get under the cap.

You might not be counting on the draft to help make the Broncos a better team, but I can assure you that Mike Shanahan, Pat Bowlen and Ted Sundquist are counting on the draft to help improve the team.

The best GM's in recent years who have succeeded in the FA era have realized the necessity of building through the draft. Not just the first round, but through the whole draft.

We do have a great team, but if we do not build well through the draft you will not continue to see the same model of consistency for great teams for this Broncos organization.

Pryce, Al Wilson, Ian Gold, DJ, Foxworth, Darrent Williams, Jason Elam, Portis who got us Champ, Tatum, Mike Anderson, Matt Lepsis, Putzier, Nalen, Hamilton, Foster, Carlisle. ALL were original draft picks by the Denver Broncos.

The draft matters, I wouldn't be so quick to ignore it. I'm going to enjoy every moment of this playoff year, and already have, but I want to keep seeing continued success and consistency by developing a team that can compete in the salary cap era. That is why I am counting on the draft, and so is Mike Shanahan.

I am sure that it matters a lot.

BUT I am focusing on the current roster with a chance to end a very Good season with a bonus RING.

If you know what I mean.

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I am sure that it matters a lot.

BUT I am focusing on the current roster with a chance to end a very Good season with a bonus RING.

If you know what I mean.

Of course I know what you mean, and that's my first focus too.

But, there is only so much that can be talked about until the game is played, and there is a lot of draft matters taking place that have great impact on the Broncos and their ability to get that RING more often.

This awesome season and playoff run is as good as it gets for a Broncos fan, but the draft and abilities to add to that team are dessert at the same time.

BroncoStampede
01-03-2006, 08:54 AM
But just how big was that fumble return by Sean Taylor last night that ended a potential game-winning drive by the Eagles and sealed the game for Washington? Well, it bumped us from the 19th pick to the 22nd....and we would have been picking just ahead of San Diego and Kansas City at 20 and 21...

Gads that sucks!!! :(

Are you kidding? 2 first round picks can rebuild our defensive line regardless of who we pick after. The Chargers wont need a defensive lineman and the Chiefs have lots of holes to fill besides the defensive line. Cheer up man we have 2 first round picks this year. I dont think Shanahan has ever had two first round picks to work with and he's been coach since 1995. The only thing to be worried about is getting Marcus Nash and Willie Middlebrooks.