PDA

View Full Version : what 2 position do you want denver to draft in round 1?

bronx_2003
01-02-2006, 03:32 PM
the picks will probably be about #25/30 unless they trade.

i would like them to pick up -

DL (not bothered if its DT or DE as we need both)

OT - to provide depth and hopefully a quality starter soon to the ageing OL.

i also like the look of HUFF - S (TEXAS) but he will probably be gone.

i dont like the QB or WR's in the draft and they are risky.

i would like one of the top 2 TE's to fall but i doubt that will happen.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-02-2006, 04:23 PM
DE and DT.

Whether that's a Rush End or Power End and a Nose or Under Tackle depends on who we lose in Free Agency.

Broncosinindy
01-02-2006, 04:26 PM
DE, OT, DT. S,
in that order

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
DE and DT.

Whether that's a Rush End or Power End and a Nose or Under Tackle depends on who we lose in Free Agency.
I think the same, we need a real speedy DE for pass rush, and a big strong DT for the run. If we lose alot of our D-line due to salary cap, then this is the way we HAVE to go.

BroncoStampede
01-02-2006, 04:45 PM
DE and DT.

I agree DE and DT in whatever order gives us the best 2 players. Warren will walk and Brown will be cut.

Broncosinindy
01-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I think the same, we need a real speedy DE for pass rush, and a big strong DT for the run. If we lose alot of our D-line due to salary cap, then this is the way we HAVE to go.

what about if lepsis and nalen leave. the oline is the staple of this team...

BroncoStampede
01-02-2006, 07:03 PM

We still have Chris Myers and Cornell Green, and if we lose both Lepsis and Nalen we will have to use one of our first 3 picks on an offensive lineman.

Archimedes Owl
01-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Corner and corner

Or maybe Linebacker and Running back

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-02-2006, 10:48 PM
We have always found great talent on the O-line with later round picks....Carlisle 4th round, Hamilton 4th, Nalen 7th, and Lepsis was a rookie free agent. Foster is the only exeption with a first round pick....

Buffalo118
01-07-2006, 10:57 PM
We have always found great talent on the O-line with later round picks....Carlisle 4th round, Hamilton 4th, Nalen 7th, and Lepsis was a rookie free agent. Foster is the only exeption with a first round pick....

Ya, I'm not that impressed with Foster for being a 1st round pick.

I hope a couple of ex- Browns will restructure their contracts, because they favor winning, instead of getting paid a lot of money and being on losing yearly teams.

However OT Daryn Colledge and OC's Eslinger, and Mangold are very tempting due to their athletic abilities.

I just hope they turn out better than Foster. ;)

PsychoChicken
01-07-2006, 11:19 PM
DE and DT.

Agreed, only I think one of them HAS to be a rush end because we don't really have one to lose in FA to begin with. I'm sure we can agree it's the biggest glaring hole on the team. So I'd say no to the power end unless his name is Mario Williams. But I agree on the whole N/UT thing, which should be determined by whether Gerard Warren leaves.

Momentum
01-07-2006, 11:46 PM
best offensive player available
best pass rusher available

nas1
01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Deangelo Williams & Greg Blue Or Mike Huff

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 08:32 AM
and usually when we did find them they had a year or so to backup and leanr from the man.. i know foster was a first round pick but he sat his whole first year

KnightOLB53
01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Offensive playmaker and a Defensive Playmaker.

Ncfootball
01-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I want a WR/S and a DE/DT in the first round. I don't see any stud WRs or Safeties, so I'd like to see Denver pick the best one they feel is left and choose the one they didn't pick in the second round. Because of the possibility of some D-lineman leaving, I wanna see the Broncos pick a DE or DT with our other pick in the first round and possibly pick one later in the draft too.

BroncsOwnU
01-08-2006, 11:02 AM
O-Line and then WR, if there is not a playmaker available at WR then go for D-Line.

West
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
When Washington loses next weekend, that pick will be 22 I think since they have the worst regular season record of the teams in the playoffs. Then our normal pick will be 28-32.

JoRo
01-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I think Dl and OL

We are aging at OL, plus Lepsis (who was probowl worthy this year, tho lost cuz he doenst have a big name) may not return.
If we pick a decent OL in the top 3 rounds, I would be happy, though unless we get a chance at Ferguson I dont think its worth a 1st rounder, OL can be picked up well throughout the draft if you know what your doing (and Shanny has proven he does with picks like Hamilton)

I also know for a fact our DL is going to need to be rebuilt after this season, being optimistic we may get two of our starters back. Unless Pryce takes another pay cut I cant see him as a bronco. Gerard Warren has been a very good player, but he is a FA next year, and he may ask for too much. Brown has been kinda on an off from what I have seen, not just with sacks (I dont take that stat as seriously as some, cuz pressures are almost as good, and theyre are other big plays that some SACK kings dont help on) but with pressure as well. I think our DL as a whole could use a serious upgrade, but I hope we dont tkae some risky 1st round pick if the talent isnt there, hopefully their is someone good that dropped for some stupid reason.

I also think draftin an rb in the third or fourth round would seriosly help us, I think our current system is great, having MA/Dayne (a bruiser) complemented well by a speed guy, but history says an rb will be drafted, as is the case every year, I hope it is another bruiser, its startin to sound like a broken record, but MA is 31, and Dayne is unsigned at the moment (tho I think he will resign again if he has another shot to start)

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
S and WR, no doubt.

chickennob2
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
S and WR, no doubt.

If this happens, Shanny migh as well hang em up. There is no way that happens. Saftey is not a first round type of pick. We can make do at WR with FA or later round picks. Our D-Line will be GONE in free agency. We need to draft a passrusher. SO im thinking 2 DL picks in round 1.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Micheal Huff and someone else.

West
01-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Personally I think we trade up for a higher 1st round pick and draft Mathias Kiwiuanka JMHO. We could get a higher 1st round pick and a 2nd for our 2 1st round picks.

1) Mathias
2) Justin Blalock OT
2) Mike Huff/Greg Eslinger.

DURANGO BRONCO
01-09-2006, 06:35 PM
What we draft is entirely dependent on free agency.

A. Can we resign Lepsis?

If Lepsis is gone I would love to pick up Daryn Colledge from Boise State. He schooled Kiwi in their bowl game.

B. Can we resign Warren, Pryce, Brown, Myers?

We should try and keep Warren. Al Wilson loves the way this guy wrecks opposing lines. It would be nice to find a pure speed rusher. Not sure who we let go between Pryce and Brown. This will likely come down to $. I am not sold on any of the DE's coming out, especially late first.

C. Can we land one of the many quality receivers that will be free agents?

Either David Givens, Reggie Wayne, Eric Moulds, or Joe Jurevicious would be great additions. Wide recievers take a while to make an impact so you might as well draft one in the later rounds that is a project. 2007 will be loaded with wide outs.

D. Can some of our younger safeties step up to the plate? Brandon Browner was projected as a 1st rd pick, so there is obviously some talent there.

BF_forever
01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Kiwanuka and Chad jackson or a DT

Cire72
01-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I would have to go with Santonio Holmes WR (possible Rod replacement) and a DE/DT or OL guy.

Reason I say holmes is the kid has good speed and a great route runner with great hands. I always hear how rod isn't getting any younger and I have seen every buckeye game this year. The kid also is a great blocker down field. He has kind of been over shadowed by Ted ginn jr, because that guy is just shifty and exciting to watch. Holmes was the man last year and would be a good fit.

tpryce93
01-09-2006, 08:53 PM
safety and wide reciever :coffee:

dogfish
01-11-2006, 12:54 AM
what's up dawg? sounds like you know what you're talking about, i agree with most of what you said. . . i haven't studied the draft class enough to target specific players, but by position. . . i thinkWR is definitely the biggest need, but there's not much at the top of the draft, we might have to pick up a vet free agent (eric moulds, anyone?) and add some second day projects for depth. theO-line definitely needs some youth, but the broncs have shown they don't always need blue-chippers on the line- hell, foster ain't half the player lepsis is, and he was a TE in college. . . i like huff a lot too, and he'll be gone before we pick for sure. i actually like our TEs- putzier gets rocked a lot, but he usually hangs on and always gets up. Alexander is solid, and duke sounds like he may have some potential. a playmaking safety to help cover gates and gonzalez would help- sam brandon played a lot more this year and looked solid- he may be the guy. i think an impact pass-rusher is the one thing our D needs to go from good to dominant- that would be my focus. . . with 2 first round picks this year, we could also think about trading up to add one elite prospect instead of two late first-rounders. . . how about mario williams, the DE from nc state? big al is indeed the man. . . alright, i'm out like tom brady's perfect postseason record this weekend!

Buffalo118
01-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Corner and corner

Or maybe Linebacker and Running back

Hey Owl, I'm curious :confused: Why would you draft two corners with Williams and Foxworth?

dogfish
01-11-2006, 01:35 AM
A; we better damn well hope so- he's one of our top 2 linemen and should have gone to the pro bowl this year! notice how many big runs go to the left? i think he'll be their top priority. . .
B; pryce and warren are probably the best of the bunch. warren is younger, and shanahan seems to like him, plus he likes denver and may not get a big offer somewhere else based on 1 good year. pryce seems a better bet than brown, who played most of this season but may never do it again. i think that besides WR, an impact pass rusher is what this team needs most, and you usually can only get those guys in the draft, most teams will never let them hit the open market, although I'll keep an eye on john abraham. a top pass rusher could put this D over the top- i wish thet could have found a way to keep bert berry!!
C; WR is obviously the most pressing need, and the draft class looks thinner than paris hilton. . . and a lot less appealing! i think indy will let james go before wayne, they'll franchise him if they have to. . . moulds looks like the best bet to me- he can still get it done, and he shouldn't cost a fortune. please god shanahan doesn't go after TO, but it wouldn't surprise me- he did draft clarett. . .
D; i've thought for the last 2 years that the broncs need a faster safety, a guy who is more of a playmaker in the passing game than the traditional hard-hitters we've got- they're tough against the run, but we could use a guy with speed, range and ball skills to play deep center field- and help cover gates and gonzalez! i notice they played sam brandon a lot on passing downs this year, and he was solid but not spectacular. hard to say about browner- it caught my attention when they picked him up, but without ever seeing him play, it's tough to form an opinion.
E; isn't ron dayne also a free agent? if so, they need to keep him, 'cause anderson is going to be 33 next year and bell probably can't handle 300 or more carries in a season. dayne seems to fit well and to like denver- he shouldn't break the bank. either way, they'll probably take a chance on a back on the second day just like they always do, but there's nothing wrong with keeping a guy you've seen have success in your system who doesn't have a lot of tread on his tires. . .
what do you think?

dogfish
01-11-2006, 01:45 AM
what's up dawg? sounds like you know what you're talking about, i agree with most of what you said. . . i haven't studied the draft class enough to target specific players, but by position. . . i thinkWR is definitely the biggest need, but there's not much at the top of the draft, we might have to pick up a vet free agent (eric moulds, anyone?) and add some second day projects for depth. theO-line definitely needs some youth, but the broncs have shown they don't always need blue-chippers on the line- hell, foster ain't half the player lepsis is, and he was a TE in college. . . i like huff a lot too, and he'll be gone before we pick for sure. i actually like our TEs- putzier gets rocked a lot, but he usually hangs on and always gets up. Alexander is solid, and duke sounds like he may have some potential. a playmaking safety to help cover gates and gonzalez would help- sam brandon played a lot more this year and looked solid- he may be the guy. i think an impact pass-rusher is the one thing our D needs to go from good to dominant- that would be my focus. . . with 2 first round picks this year, we could also think about trading up to add one elite prospect instead of two late first-rounders. . . how about mario williams, the DE from nc state? big al is indeed the man. . . alright, i'm out like tom brady's perfect postseason record this weekend!

Archimedes Owl
01-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Hey Owl, I'm curious :confused: Why would you draft two corners with Williams and Foxworth?
It was a bad joke.

Buffalo118
01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=dogfish]A; we better damn well hope so- he's one of our top 2 linemen and should have gone to the pro bowl this year! notice how many big runs go to the left? i think he'll be their top priority. . .

I totally agree and have noticed all of the big runs going to the left. Denver should upgrade the right side of their line. It would be interesting to see how many times Denver has actually ran the ball on the left with Lepsis, Hamilton, and Nalen.

Dean
01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
I would like to see a speed rusher (preferably DE) taken with our first pick. For our 1-b pick IMHO I would pick an offensive tackle. With our second round pick, take either a D-tackle or a possesion receiver.

Now, having said all that, the results of free agency and who we can and can't resign (many with reduced cap number) will probably change all that. For now, that is the view from here.