PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn Jr.---is he coming out in 2006?

BroncosRPH
01-02-2006, 03:58 PM
If so he would be a valuable addition to the Broncos assuming that he would be available in the low 20's when we use the Redskin's pick. He is lighting up ND today and he has that explosive, big play ability that would add a huge dimension to Denver's offense.

OrangeShadow
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM
god i hope so. reminds me kind of reggie wayne

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Hmmm... He would be a great WR, and a KR/PR to maybe take some work off D-Will

WABronco
01-02-2006, 04:33 PM
god i hope so. reminds me kind of reggie wayne

Reggie Wayne? How so...

jletourneau
01-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Ginn can't come out until next year if he so chooses, but his teammate Santonio Holmes is a junior as is expected to declare for the draft after the game.

Holmes doesn't have the size that Shanahan typically looks for, but the other quality we often see Shanahan look for from a WR in the draft is route running like when Shanny wanted Michael Clayton 2 years ago or Mark Clayton last year. Mark Clayton wasn't Shanny's prototypical size either, but his route running was great.

Santonio Holmes likewise is a very good route runner, but I don't know that he'll still be available by the Broncos' first pick.

This isn't a good WR draft, but I believe Shanny will look to draft one in the first round anyway. However, I think there is more value in selecting one in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

From that same game, OSU vs. Notre Dame, besides the speedy OSU standout receivers a guy we could look at who has the size Shanahan normally looks for and that we could get 2nd or 3rd round instead of 1st is Maurice Stovall of Notre Dame. That would be a better value pick for us in this draft instead of a WR in round 1.

Broncosinindy
01-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Ginn can't come out until next year if he so chooses, but his teammate Santonio Holmes is a junior as is expected to declare for the draft after the game.

Holmes doesn't have the size that Shanahan typically looks for, but the other quality we often see Shanahan look for from a WR in the draft is route running like when Shanny wanted Michael Clayton 2 years ago or Mark Clayton last year. Mark Clayton wasn't Shanny's prototypical size either, but his route running was great.

Santonio Holmes likewise is a very good route runner, but I don't know that he'll still be available by the Broncos' first pick.

This isn't a good WR draft, but I believe Shanny will look to draft one in the first round anyway. However, I think there is more value in selecting one in the 2nd or 3rd round this year.

From that same game, OSU vs. Notre Dame, besides the speedy OSU standout receivers a guy we could look at who has the size Shanahan normally looks for and that we could get 2nd or 3rd round instead of 1st is Maurice Stovall of Notre Dame. That would be a better value pick for us in this draft instead of a WR in round 1.

id go for stovall in the third..

WABronco
01-02-2006, 06:56 PM

Mark Clayton is going to be a stud...

Stovall would be cool-he's garnered serious comparisons to Plax Burress-but I doubt he'll be around at the Broncos' 2nd round pick. Guys with that much size and athletic ability aren't gonna get past the Chiefs, Packers, Bears, and Seahawks of the world, IMO. It just seems that lots of second-tier players move up a notch after combine workouts.

CAMERON
01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
yeah stovall would be great, but so would holms they both look like great wr's
i really hope that they take stovall in the 2nd

chickennob2
01-02-2006, 09:57 PM
man i wish we could get ginn, and for one play in that bowl game. On the touchdown at the end that sealed it, he got and MAINTAINED a block that allowed the runner to get around the end and into the endzone. that is exactly what denver needs from its wide receivers.