PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White or Reggie Bush?

AsianOrange
01-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok, somebody i talked to the other day actually told me something I haven't thought about. Is Reggie Bush NFL material? He is the same mold as Raghib Ismail and Desmond Howard....very explosive players coming out of college with the same hype as Reggie Bush is getting.

LenDale White is already sized for the NFL and has good enough speed to be in the same catagory as Eddie George or even Mike Anderson.

I want to take a very early poll and see what you guys think before April comes around. Let me hear your thoughts.

jletourneau
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
I like LenDale White A LOT, and I really believe he will be a better PRO than college player, but...

Reggie Bush is just a ridiculous talent. He will change the defenses game plan just by being on the field, even at the NFL level.

He just has too much speed and moves to go along with it not to succeed. The only thing I can see deterring great success for Bush is injuries at the next level. He hasn't had to take many hits at the college level, so that is my one question with Bush, his consistent LONG TERM durability.

BOTH should be fantastic talents in the NFL and have very successful pro bowl careers IMO.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-03-2006, 02:24 PM
They'll both be top 10 picks in all liklihood.

myoung
01-03-2006, 02:52 PM
First your comparison to Howard and Ismail is very bad. not only because Bush has so much more talent (he cuts at full speed) but he plays a different position. If you want to compare him to a similar player in the NFL then Westbrook or maybe Marshall Faulk. Although I don't see him as a 30 hand offs a game guy. I think the team would be best to try and get him the ball 15-20 times a game in open space.

My prediction is that he takes the role Westbrook plays to the next level and becomes a very feared NFL player (especially when he gets the ball in space).

Jared
01-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, wow.

They should both be productive NFL Players.

I think Bush may have a more immediate impact, but I think White is perfectly capable of having a very long, productive career.

It depends on who drafts them and how they use them.

White, being a more traditional backfield runner, statistically, is more likely to have a shorter career.

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
I think Reggie will be the Micheal Vick of the feature
White = Long term player

Broncosinindy
01-03-2006, 04:24 PM
i like both of them but i think with bushes ability to razzle dazzle it sets him over the top..

SethGrandpa
01-03-2006, 10:14 PM
White isn't even a great RB in college, he's overrated because all the teams try to shut down the great players on USC (Matt, Reggie, Jarrett, Byrd).

watchthemiddle
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Bush, but this draft could look like last years with Cadillac WIlliams and Ronnie Brown both in the top 5 from Auburn.

BroncoStampede
01-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Isnt Bush a little overrated??? Has the Hype gotten into his head??? He was fumbling and bumbling last night.

900 yards rushing 500 yards recieving + returns... He isnt even the workhorse for his own team, a "Tatum Bell" type role.

LenDale White is bigger and can probably be a better starter in the NFL.

Jared
01-05-2006, 10:43 AM
White isn't even a great RB in college, he's overrated because all the teams try to shut down the great players on USC (Matt, Reggie, Jarrett, Byrd).

I am not sure what criteria you use to evaluate talent, but you simply cannot set a USC and Pac-10 record for rushing TD's and not be considered a great college RB.

White is the second best offensive threat on the team,behind Bush, but ahead of Leinart (yeah, I said it).

myoung
01-05-2006, 03:19 PM

This is as uneducated as they come. I could see how you could argue that he may not translate well as a pro but did you notice how many touchdowns he scored this year. How does that not translate to a great college RB.

You could make the same argument that each of the other players are overated because they have others around them.

Broncosinindy
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
lendale gets after it they are two different style backs..they boh get the job done.. they are both gonna be productive in the NFL and greatly loved by the teams that pick them

BroncoBailey024
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Reggie is too good and too versatile to be below Lendale. ;)

BVP
01-05-2006, 05:28 PM
I like White because he can roll over people, and out run people. To me, he is the ultimate RB. If he enters the draft, I heard Mel Kiper say on PTI that he would be a mid 1st rd pick. If he is there when the Broncos pick, we defeniltly need to get him.

West
01-05-2006, 05:52 PM
You know, it really depends on what kind of system you are running. If your Denver's system you want LenDale White because he can grind it out in the 4th quarter and has that amazing power. But if your the Falcon's system you want Bush who can slash and come off as another Warrick Dunn. That's all I see him as, another Warrick Dunn.

OhNoKoolAid
01-05-2006, 08:38 PM
You know, it really depends on what kind of system you are running. If your Denver's system you want LenDale White because he can grind it out in the 4th quarter and has that amazing power. But if your the Falcon's system you want Bush who can slash and come off as another Warrick Dunn. That's all I see him as, another Warrick Dunn.

Denver's system and Atlanta's system are the two closest related running schemes in the league. I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

jletourneau
01-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Denver's system and Atlanta's system are the two closest related running schemes in the league. I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

:confused: yes, very curious indeed.

I don't think too many teams would turn down or shy away from either talent. It would simply alter how the team chose to use said player and the system would be more built around them.

Bush will likely be the more dynamic player and have some very good, perhaps spectacular seasons as a pro that might trump White's best seasons.

But, I would expect White to have a more prolonged successful career that goes for 1300 yard seasons pretty consistently with about 12-14 TD's per year.

And as far as systems go, either would work here or in Atlanta, and most other places too as I'm sure you'd agree. There would be certain clashes of style with some perhaps, but both are such supreme talents and the bottom line is, teams will make their system work with a talented player. Case in point, Washington Redskins because Portis' style sure didn't work AT ALL with their system, but they've made it work out for both parties.

White and Bush should be no different no matter where they go.

GridironChamp
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Reggie Bush is so much better its not even funny. Lendale White is mainly succesfull because of Reggie Bush's success. If Bush doesnt run with his speed to the outside, the middle wouldn't be open for White. Bush can create his own opening where as White cant. Teams plan for Bush and he still does great, teams dont plan for White, and usually, USUALLY, Still does less than Bush.

So simpley put Bush is better cause he does his work with Defenses trying to stop him, White does it with teams trying to stop Bush not him.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Reggie Bush is so much better its not even funny. Lendale White is mainly succesfull because of Reggie Bush's success. If Bush doesnt run with his speed to the outside, the middle wouldn't be open for White. Bush can create his own opening where as White cant. Teams plan for Bush and he still does great, teams dont plan for White, and usually, USUALLY, Still does less than Bush.

So simpley put Bush is better cause he does his work with Defenses trying to stop him, White does it with teams trying to stop Bush not him.

Lol!!!

The middle isn't "open" for White. What do teams do when Bush is on the sidelines, just sitback and chill? Not sure what you're tryin' to say here...

Did you not see his game last night? He was punishing would be tacklers, and he nearly decapitated Huff. That's pure crazy talk...

IMO, he easily had a better game than Bush. He just seemed better suited to run against Texas than Bush. I'd still take Bush over White though...

Momentum
01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
LenDale White has consistently been the better back. Even last year, Reggie Bush didnt even start infront of White. Sure, Bush can bust any play but with his style of play you better have someone to spell him and take the heat off. Hence, the Texans needing Davis to team with him. LenDale is one of the most talented runners Ive seen in a while. IMO, he's better than Ronnie Brown, and Julius Jones were when they came out. White would easily be a top 5 pick in a less saturated RB market.

West
01-06-2006, 03:24 PM
What i'm getting at is that we use different running backs for our system, eventhough we have a similar running scheme. We typically use power and Atlanta uses speed ala Warrick Dunn.

West
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Lol!!!

The middle isn't "open" for White. What do teams do when Bush is on the sidelines, just sitback and chill? Not sure what you're tryin' to say here...

Did you not see his game last night? He was punishing would be tacklers, and he nearly decapitated Huff. That's pure crazy talk...

IMO, he easily had a better game than Bush. He just seemed better suited to run against Texas than Bush. I'd still take Bush over White though...
Please, LenDale was not even getting touched until 6-10 yards down field. Those holes were WIDE open. You could have put 2 sumo wrestlers through there. Bush typically likes to bounce runs to the outside and I believe he doesn't have the vision of LenDale White to see the holes in the line to run through.

OhNoKoolAid
01-06-2006, 03:36 PM
What i'm getting at is that we use different running backs for our system, eventhough we have a similar running scheme. We typically use power and Atlanta uses speed ala Warrick Dunn.

Sorry, still not buying it. Atlanta uses Duckett often, and we have used the likes of Bell and Griffin recently, the schemes are not different in that manner either.

West
01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Sorry, still not buying it. Atlanta uses Duckett often, and we have used the likes of Bell and Griffin recently, the schemes are not different in that manner either.
Duckett is only used in short yardage. Bell is up to around 220 and has some power. Griffin's speed only worked in one game for him and that was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL at the time. See we use power all the time; see Dayne, Anderson and Bell.

OhNoKoolAid
01-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Duckett is only used in short yardage. Bell is up to around 220 and has some power. Griffin's speed only worked in one game for him and that was against one of the worst defenses in the NFL at the time. See we use power all the time; see Dayne, Anderson and Bell.

Duckett had 121 carries, quite a few for the prototypical short yardage back. Bell is closer to 210, and considering him anything remotely close to being a power back is laughable. We have some power guys now, that is where you've based your argument, and it is flawed.

West
01-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Duckett had 121 carries, quite a few for the prototypical short yardage back. Bell is closer to 210, and considering him anything remotely close to being a power back is laughable. We have some power guys now, that is where you've based your argument, and it is flawed.
Bell had 173 carries. Nowhere near 210. Our system has always been about power backs minus Portis. We like to grind it out in the 4th quarter and control the clock. Whereas Atlanta likes to go for the big play IE Mike Vick(which is basically another RB) and Dunn. Our blocking scheme is very similar but our running back system is not.

OhNoKoolAid
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Bell had 173 carries. Nowhere near 210. Our system has always been about power backs minus Portis. We like to grind it out in the 4th quarter and control the clock. Whereas Atlanta likes to go for the big play IE Mike Vick(which is basically another RB) and Dunn. Our blocking scheme is very similar but our running back system is not.

I'm talking about Bell's weight...

Having seen Bell throughout college and into the pros, while noticing he hasn't added much bulk, his combine numbers of 210 still look fairly accurate. Including Portis also debunks your entire argument. Denver looks for a particular style of runner, being the one cut slasher, not a particular size of runner. If Denver wanted Sproles last year, they would have taken him, and likewise, they may consider Ross out of Nebraska and Drew out of UCLA because they are similar slashing style runners. Style not size, you are wrong again.

WABronco
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Please, LenDale was not even getting touched until 6-10 yards down field. Those holes were WIDE open. You could have put 2 sumo wrestlers through there. Bush typically likes to bounce runs to the outside and I believe he doesn't have the vision of LenDale White to see the holes in the line to run through.

Yea, on some. That Lutui's a monster.

But still, he's the much better inside runner, obviously.

West
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Yea, on some. That Lutui's a monster.

But still, he's the much better inside runner, obviously.
Of course he a much better inside runner, did you notice Bush bouncing just about every run he had? While LenDale stayed to the inside and got big yards.

WABronco
01-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Of course he a much better inside runner, did you notice Bush bouncing just about every run he had? While LenDale stayed to the inside and got big yards.

Lol, I made sure to use the word "obviously"

Momentum
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
West, what football do you watch?

We use the exact system Atlanta uses. After all it is Gibbs'. If anything, its the vision and patience of the backs that determines their success in Gibbs system, not weight or any other tangible (I notice you, West, look at football by tangibles too much).

Examples

Clinton Portis- came into the organization already with the patience to wait for the cutback lanes. Proceeded to rush for 3000 in 2 years. Gets Gibbs to use the same running style, rushes for 1500 in 2005.

Mike Anderson- doesnt have anything on Portis as far as tangible speed is considered, still is named rookie of the year and comesback from injury to lead the team in yards and TD's this year.

Quentin Griffin- could not develop enough patience and relied on his jukes to get him space to run. It worked against the Colts in one of his first career starts, soon after the league had his number and he is now gone.

Tatum Bell- relies on speed to get him by, sometimes has laspes of confidence that the lanes will open. Rushed for 900 yards still, but only on 173 carries: a little bit more than 10 carries per game.

Ron Dayne- ran in the same system in college where he ran for more yards than anyone. Comes here after getting 52 carries for 179 yards in his last season as a Giant. Goes for 53 carries, 270 yards. Almost ran for 100 additional yards in 1 extra carry in this sysyem....

I didnt include TD as he is a one in a lifetime back IMO.

Momentum
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM
For the sake of the Falcons arguement I also want to add that Warrick Dunn ran for a career best 1416 yards in the same system.

BroncsOwnU
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Lendell White in the Denver system is a perfect fit. Plus he's a home-town kid.

I mean, him, and BVP in the backfield would create a home-town feel that no other team could match. (Not saying replace Plummer with BVP, just talking about down the road.)

West
01-08-2006, 02:31 PM

I mean, him, and BVP in the backfield would create a home-town feel that no other team could match. (Not saying replace Plummer with BVP, just talking about down the road.)
No way. I think we're pretty set at RB for right now. Next year will be our 2nd attempt at the 3 headed monster with Dayne, Bell and Anderson. Already tried this once with Gary, Davis and Anderson but injuries would not let us try it.

myoung
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM

Are you kidding? Come on guys we are taking the home town homerism a little to far. Why don't you go get Kordell Stewart to help groom BVP and while you are at it can someone dig up Rashaan Salaam to help Tatum move along..

Guys this is the NFL not a game of lets see which local boys we can get on the team. We have to worry about winning games.

White is a legitimate back but we have solid RBs. And if you haven't noticed, most backs are perfect for our system. We should not waste a high draft pick on a RB when we have other needs to address.

I want a pass rush DE, another pass rush DE, while we are at a a DT to go with a resigned Gerrard Warren. I want a cover safety, a playmaking WR, a real backup QB, and an OT (I believe to replace Lepsis) before I want a RB.

Buffalo118
01-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, somebody i talked to the other day actually told me something I haven't thought about. Is Reggie Bush NFL material? He is the same mold as Raghib Ismail and Desmond Howard....very explosive players coming out of college with the same hype as Reggie Bush is getting.

LenDale White is already sized for the NFL and has good enough speed to be in the same catagory as Eddie George or even Mike Anderson.

I want to take a very early poll and see what you guys think before April comes around. Let me hear your thoughts.

Reggie Bush isn't NFL material. He did absolutely nothing against Texas, except run to the sideline and get tackled. He is to scrawny and will be the biggest NFL bust ever. However, I would draft him in the 7th round though.

AsianOrange
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Reggie Bush isn't NFL material. He did absolutely nothing against Texas, except run to the sideline and get tackled. He is to scrawny and will be the biggest NFL bust ever. However, I would draft him in the 7th round though.

that's exactly what I was thinking

myoung
01-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Are you kidding???

eabort
01-18-2006, 04:09 PM

Bush is 6 ft tall and weighs 200lbs. Not the most intimidating player when looking at his size. However, he does run a 4.2 and has been compared to Gayle Sayers throughout the year in light of his vision and moves.

I think scrawny is an overstatement and not being NFL material is laughable. He does run inside and hits the hole hard.

Astrass
01-22-2006, 09:51 PM
I think they will both be great. White does have size over Bush early on but after the training Bush will get in the NFL he will grow to take more hits. I'd say Bush will be a better talent. He move unlike any other and breaks tackles like a bull. Its amazing. I watched all his games this year and not only are his moves/speed great but he's damn smart too. He's going to be exciting as hell after he gets a season under his belt.

RoorRipper
01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
For those who voted Lendale White, I seriously doubt your knowledge of football.

Reggie Bush people.

B_Rex
02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I think White will have more of a rookie impact. But Bush throughout their careers will be regarded as the better back because of his play-making abilities. UNLESS the Broncos pick up White :rockon:

Jay1
02-08-2006, 12:12 PM
i really think lendale white will be a better pro. mainly because his size Reggie is a great player no doubt about it but he is too small to be a running back. i dont know where he will end up but my guess is he will move to a wide out or flanker and if that doesnt happen he will be more of a brian westbrook type of player.

RoorRipper
02-12-2006, 10:52 AM
i really think lendale white will be a better pro. mainly because his size Reggie is a great player no doubt about it but he is too small to be a running back. i dont know where he will end up but my guess is he will move to a wide out or flanker and if that doesnt happen he will be more of a brian westbrook type of player.
Too small? Was Barry Sanders too small? Dante Hall? You shouldn't judge a persons potential by his size. Heart and determination can overcome size, and I think that is what Bush is all about. LT and him worked out together, LT killed him in all of the drills, so Bush knows what he must do to be a force in the league.

Lendale is a stud but Reggie is special.

no-pseudo-fan
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Too small? Was Barry Sanders too small? Dante Hall? You shouldn't judge a persons potential by his size. Heart and determination can overcome size, and I think that is what Bush is all about. LT and him worked out together, LT killed him in all of the drills, so Bush knows what he must do to be a force in the league.

Lendale is a stud but Reggie is special. :confused:

You know who else was special, The Rocket Ismail. What ever happened to him? Lendale is a sure thing, at least more than Bush is. Bush was a great college player, but that does always translate into great pro.

Medford Bronco
02-24-2006, 02:43 PM

Lendale is a stud but Reggie is special.

I agree that both will be good, however Reggie Bush is built somewhat like Tiki Barber, when he first came into the league he was "too small" by the experts, but he had blossomed the last 3 years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3937

daniel80111
02-25-2006, 01:53 PM
This is a NO BRAINER. I work for the team and although both will have great careers, REGGIE BUSH will undoubtedly have a greater impact on his team. I see both of them every day. It's Bush.

bigtwist
02-27-2006, 08:48 AM
I dont think either one will be a great back in the NFL. I hope I am wrong about Lendale but he seems to have an attitude problem. I think he will be fat and out of shape and needs to be taken down a peg before he shows his true talent. As for Reggie Bush does anybody see similarities to Eric Metcalf?. I think in a couple of years he will be a kick returner and sometimes they will put him in the backfield as a change of pace guy. Glyn Milburn anybody. The best running back will be the kid from Memphis.

maruske845
03-01-2006, 06:51 PM
i like white, more power

PlummerToOwens
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Bush all the way.

xX-Bronco-Xx
03-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Bush all the way.
Your avatar makes me go :eek:

Btw I still pick LenDale White.

PlummerToOwens
03-12-2006, 08:40 AM
regie bush runs over every body

theshiverman
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Laurence Maroney :coffee:

tommy1986
03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
DeAngelo Williams

LABRONCO
03-12-2006, 05:03 PM
thats a no brainer lol ill take reggie over white in a heart beat. i live in los angeles attended every USC game this past year the man is a beast :beer:

Hoss
03-17-2006, 04:23 PM
I would take Reggie Bush too. He has way too much talent. I used to call people foolish for always comparing college players to hall of fame NFL'ers, but I believe it when analysts say he has Barry Sanders like moves.

runnerg26
03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree that if he's there then we should take him. He's more prepared then Bush. If he were in the Broncos system, then man he would be amazing, and i think we need that. I mean like yea they plug anyone in and they do good, but what happens at the end of the season, and in the playoffs those backs didn't perform well, that's why we need a superstar back.

TXBRONC
03-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Well, wow.

They should both be productive NFL Players.

I think Bush may have a more immediate impact, but I think White is perfectly capable of having a very long, productive career.

It depends on who drafts them and how they use them.

White, being a more traditional backfield runner, statistically, is more likely to have a shorter career.

I agree. You put LenDale in a system like ours he wil more than likely be extremly productive.

bdw7778
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
LenDale White is going to be the better HB in the NFL.

daniel80111
03-24-2006, 06:09 PM
LenDale White is going to be the better HB in the NFL.

You're crazy.

Tommy S.
03-24-2006, 08:26 PM
I've read the posts and first thing that comes to mind is the resemblace people think that bush has to barry sanders. Well let mejust say that barry sanders was a once in a lifetime kinda RB. I mean don't get me wrong but bush imo doesn't have BS like qualities. And he just doesn't seem like a 20+ carry type of back. Sure he was good in college but so was lendale he is the back that i think will gain more yards and be a jamal lewis type of guy who will make the hole for himself he just seems like hes already built for the NFL. Not like bush who still needs to gain weight. I mean honestly i don't watch to much college football, but i've seen a couple games and i have yet to see bush take a big hit. White on the other hand has been giving out hits like hot-cakes. I can see white as a teams go to guy, and i can see bush in a back up role at the beginning of their careers. I think bush will be a third down type of guy, and i see white starting at the beginning of his career.

Just remember guys this is just my opinion though so don't get to crazy with it.... :beer:

Inkana7
03-24-2006, 08:48 PM
I've read the posts and first thing that comes to mind is the resemblace people think that bush has to barry sanders. Well let mejust say that barry sanders was a once in a lifetime kinda RB. I mean don't get me wrong but bush imo doesn't have BS like qualities. And he just doesn't seem like a 20+ carry type of back. Sure he was good in college but so was lendale he is the back that i think will gain more yards and be a jamal lewis type of guy who will make the hole for himself he just seems like hes already built for the NFL. Not like bush who still needs to gain weight. I mean honestly i don't watch to much college football, but i've seen a couple games and i have yet to see bush take a big hit. White on the other hand has been giving out hits like hot-cakes. I can see white as a teams go to guy, and i can see bush in a back up role at the beginning of their careers. I think bush will be a third down type of guy, and i see white starting at the beginning of his career.

Just remember guys this is just my opinion though so don't get to crazy with it.... :beer:
I think one of the reasons Bush hasn't taken a big hit yet is because of his crazy moves. If I could move like he does, I would go out for the draft right now.

But you do have a point, and I agree with you. That's why I voted for LenDale. Bush just isn't built to be the premier back like White is. We'll just have to see. :beer:

jam1369
04-02-2006, 10:05 AM
For the NFL long term LW is going to be better than RB. Bush seems to lack the durability to be an every down player. These days NFL teams need backs who can play every down, establish a rhythm with the O-line, and block when needed. Examples are Faulk, Sanders, Terrell D., and LT. He has not had to play against the caliber of defensive players he will find in the NFL. His wake up call, or snooze alarm, may be a good old fashion "slobber knocker" delivered by Al Wilson. :eek:
Bush will probably go to the Texans. He will have the advantage of playing half the games on turf, but the disadvantage of a weak O-line. IMHO he will do more for Carr's passing numbers than anything else.
LW will not put up the flashy numbers but he will be in for the long haul, and depending on the team he may well out shine Bush. :coffee:

daniel80111
04-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I tracked Reggie's performance on pro day at Cromwell Field...he had an exceptional outing, everything went perfectly for him. 4.33 is a great 40 time along with a 40.5 inch vert.

broncolitis
04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
If it's a given that we will get one or the other I would Like reggie Bush. Personnaly I think that we need some bigger o-line guys to block for Bell and Dayne.

ElwaystillKing
04-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Bush is the best, but Maroney is better than White.

Laurence will be a BEAST with Denver's offensive line schemes.

PsychoChicken
04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I've been wondering this for a long time now: Why does this thread deserve a sticky?

I mean by now, the answer's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything. One's going at the beginning of round one. The other's going at the end of round one. One ran a 4.3. The other made up a b.s. excuse in order to not have to run. One is compact, but very ripped and strong. The other is, well, flabby to say the least. This topic isn't really controversial anymore.

Anyway, I think the top of this forum would look a lot less crowded if this thread wasn't stickied anymore.

jletourneau
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I've been wondering this for a long time now: Why does this thread deserve a sticky?

I mean by now, the answer's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything. One's going at the beginning of round one. The other's going at the end of round one. One ran a 4.3. The other made up a b.s. excuse in order to not have to run. One is compact, but very ripped and strong. The other is, well, flabby to say the least. This topic isn't really controversial anymore.

Anyway, I think the top of this forum would look a lot less crowded if this thread wasn't stickied anymore.

Couldn't agree more. I've been wondering this for awhile now, and that was before USC's pro day.

If you want a controversial topic for a sticky discussion regarding comparative picks, look no further than Matt Leinart vs. Vince Young. Cutler can, should, and will come into that equation too. But Vince and Matt have squared off for the Heisman, for the Championship, and now likely for the top QB taken. There styles are very different, they bring very different strengths and weaknessess, one is noted a more safe to very good pick and the other generally regarded as boom or bust.

I don't know, anyway, I'm just in agreement that the Bush vs. LenDale discussion has more than run its course, and may have even had to plow some of its own course.

Tour
04-08-2006, 07:15 PM
If Reggie Bush it's drafted by the Texans, and LenDale White goes to Denver.
And both start all games.
Who is going to have more rushing yards to the end of the season?
Who is going to have more TD's?
which could have a bigger chance to play in the Superbowl?.
have in mind the succes of our ofensive line, and their ofensive line. And the QB's of both teams. even the D-fence. And don't tell me: that's obvious.
I know, i know... that doesn't make him a better player. but what have more waight?. at least it's a better question.
... well i think reggie still wins.

who im i fooling never a power RB will win in yardage to a speed RB but maybe in TD's

Snk16
04-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Reggie seems to have a better work ethic and he is faster.

Broncos86
04-12-2006, 10:09 PM
yea but faster dont mean anything at all

jhns
04-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Bush is the better back because he is 1. faster 2. more agile 3. can catch like a good reciever 4. has great vision, I watched some clips where they showed his eyes and he doesnt even look at the guy closest to him he just knows that guy is juked already and is always looking at the next set of guys down field. 5. White doesnt work hard enough to be considered in the same league as Bush.

Nick
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Bush is the better back because he is 1. faster 2. more agile 3. can catch like a good reciever 4. has great vision, I watched some clips where they showed his eyes and he doesnt even look at the guy closest to him he just knows that guy is juked already and is always looking at the next set of guys down field. 5. White doesnt work hard enough to be considered in the same league as Bush.

Also Bush is stronger going off his pressed LOL, Bush is over all better then White not just because what he wrote but also makes and impact every where on the football field