PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good Mock

WABronco
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

There are a few discrepancies, like Wroten to the Giants, but overall, it's solid.

And it's not bad for the Bronc's either. I'd prefer a defensive pick over Colledge, but whateva...

Actually, I just looked at it closer, if Winston is there at 22, we gotta take him. Then best player available at 1b...

Den21-Bal19
01-03-2006, 05:29 PM
OK, I try to stay out of the draft stuff as much as possible, as I don't see much, if any college ball over here, but as a trivia question (& I don't know the answer) when was the last time two guys from the same college were taken 1 & 2 and who likely is it that it will happen this year.

Thanks for the read :beer:

WABronco
01-03-2006, 05:30 PM
OK, I try to stay out of the draft stuff as much as possible, as I don't see much, if any college ball over here, but as a trivia question (& I don't know the answer) when was the last time two guys from the same college were taken 1 & 2 and who likely is it that it will happen this year.

Thanks for the read :beer:

Damn, good question...

I'm sure someone like OhNo or MUG knows off the top of their head...

JoRo
01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Damn, good question...

I'm sure someone like OhNo or MUG knows off the top of their head...

I dont think its ever happened. Usually when one uber talented player makes himself worthy of the first pick, he overshadows most of his team mates to a certain extent, this is the first time that i know of that the two uber talents complemented each other so well.

jletourneau
01-03-2006, 05:45 PM
The closest I remember this happening when two were selected at the top from the same school was when the Redskins had the 2nd and 3rd picks behind the Browns who were picking first.

Cleveland took Courtney Brown 1st overall from Penn St, then with the next two picks the Redskins took Chris Samuels out of Alabama and Lavarr Arrington out of Penn St.

I'll have to check on the order though, because I can't remember if Arrington was 2nd or 3rd in that draft, I do know that they specifically ordered it in one specific way because of the way they wanted to pay the players contract wise.

jletourneau
01-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah, it was Courtney Brown and Arrington out of Penn St. as Arrington was the #2 pick by Washington in 2000, not Samuels.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2000

WABronco
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, it was Courtney Brown and Arrington out of Penn St. as Arrington was the #2 pick by Washington in 2000, not Samuels.

Good find...

DiehardinAlaska
01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
That's funny, because as I watched the bowl game I was most impressed by his blocking (Santonio Holmes) and I thought he would be a good fit for us. But I didn't think he had first round speed. At his own school he's atleast the 3rd fastest receiver if not worse. I was hoping we got him much later.

I would love to see us find a way to get one of the top flight D linemen or Ballhawk Safeties. We got 2 first rounders, maybe we can trade up?

WABronco
01-03-2006, 08:53 PM
That's funny, because as I watched the bowl game I was most impressed by his blocking (Santonio Holmes) and I thought he would be a good fit for us. But I didn't think he had first round speed. At his own school he's atleast the 3rd fastest receiver if not worse. I was hoping we got him much later.

I would love to see us find a way to get one of the top flight D linemen or Ballhawk Safeties. We got 2 first rounders, maybe we can trade up?

Ohhh man, he's definitely got first round speed...hehehe...

PsychoChicken
01-03-2006, 09:06 PM
Ohhh man, he's definitely got first round speed...hehehe...
Heh, yeah, no kidding. He's at least sub-4.4. Don't worry about that, Alaska.

Scott Wright's website is by far the best free one out there. He puts a lot of thought and effort in his analyses, and though a lot of his picks seem off (whose doesn't?), he seems to justify them well. I often use his rankings for quick reference, though scout.com is my favorite.

DURANGO BRONCO
01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
I would rather pickup a FA Wide Receiver, than draft Holmes. Strong group of FA's available. Love the Colledge pick. He nuetralized Kiwi last week.

Den21-Bal19
01-04-2006, 12:27 AM

Good call, cheers :beer:

Charlie Brown
01-04-2006, 12:32 AM
The Browns need a nose tackle and not a Defensive End that would only fit as an OLB/DE hybrid in a 3-4. Kiwanuka does not fit the 3-4 he would only be a situational player and the Browns need a nose tackle. A large body to plug and stop the run. That is what the team needs. The Browns drafting Kiwanuka would be a mistake.

Momentum
01-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Nightmare draft IMO. If we do go offense with pick 1a, we should simply take the highest rated offensive player, and not blindly a WR. No WR is worth a 1st in this draft IMO. Id be content with Mercedes/Lendale and Dumervil. We must select a DE in round 1.

BroncoStampede
01-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Nightmare draft IMO. If we do go offense with pick 1a, we should simply take the highest rated offensive player, and not blindly a WR. No WR is worth a 1st in this draft IMO. Id be content with Mercedes/Lendale and Dumervil. We must select a DE in round 1.

True, this draft would indeed be a nightmare. With the players on the board when we drafted we should have taken Wroten and Dumervil.

Perry1977
01-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I hate the Holmes pick, that should have been a DE. Love the Colledge pick though, which is my projection/hope for 1b.

Broncosinindy
01-04-2006, 03:54 PM
with the crap picks we have this year.. (not as good as i would have hopped) i say give one our picks to the texans for there first next year.. they could get another lineman and we get there pick next year

WABronco
01-04-2006, 04:48 PM
with the crap picks we have this year.. (not as good as i would have hopped) i say give one our picks to the texans for there first next year.. they could get another lineman and we get there pick next year

Lol, I don't think the Texans would be interested in trading their top pick...