PDA

View Full Version : A jerk named vick.

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Many of you probably know that Marcus Vick led his team to victory over Luisville in the fiesta bowl on monday. But during the game after a play Vick intentionaly stomped on a players leg. I don't know about you but no matter where he gos in football I will hate him as much as I hate the raiders.

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry wrong board.

LDB
01-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I saw it. Totally classless act. The only reason this chump gets media attention is cause his brother. He is like the Ashley Simpson of football.

Jared
01-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah, I saw it. Totally classless act. The only reason this chump gets media attention is cause his brother. He is like the Ashley Simpson of football.

BIG smile of agreement here!

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Like I said he is a jerk, but he can play.

BroncFanIN
01-04-2006, 10:01 AM
This seems to be getting more national media attention than local attention. We receive Louisville, KY TV channels, and hardly anything has been mentioned locally. :confused:

Of course, college basketball rules in these parts. Go IU! :D

alan
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
ya i saw that aswell....it was so blatent.im surprised the opposition players didnt jump on him and start beating the crap out of him.

you could see the luck of disgust on his own team mate..

Dang i hate him aswell.

broncos_chica
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I haven't seen the clip..but there is no reason for such sportsmanship. I really don't think there is room for such disrespect among players in the NFL, IMO.

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 11:10 AM
I haven't seen the clip..but there is no reason for such sportsmanship. I really don't think there is room for such disrespect among players in the NFL, IMO.
This was Marcus Vick not Michael

broncos_chica
01-04-2006, 11:19 AM

I realize that..but I assume he has the aspirations to live up to his brother, or at least come within the same realm and join the NFL, no?

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 11:25 AM
yeah I guess you're right.

Tyler_Thompson
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I thought it was pretty funny because he just looks dows steps on him then hands the ball to the ref

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
it was elvis dumervil wasnt it? i hope vick didnt mess up our future DE ;)

SeekandDestroy
01-04-2006, 02:46 PM
he difinaltely should have been tossed

WABronco
01-04-2006, 05:19 PM
he difinaltely should have been tossed

Yea, he shoulda been tossed, but I'm pretty sure the cheapshots were coming from both sides.

Remember when George Foster wacked someone on the Giants? We all thought it was cool cuz we're Bronco fans...

I'm sure Marcus Vick isn't the total scumbag some of you are making him out to be...

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Yea, he shoulda been tossed, but I'm pretty sure the cheapshots were coming from both sides.

Remember when George Foster wacked someone on the Giants? We all thought it was cool cuz we're Bronco fans...

I'm sure Marcus Vick isn't the total scumbag some of you are making him out to be...
They may have been coming from both sides but not like this.

DBfan187
01-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Many of you probably know that Marcus Vick led his team to victory over Luisville in the fiesta bowl on monday. But during the game after a play Vick intentionaly stomped on a players leg. I don't know about you but no matter where he gos in football I will hate him as much as I hate the raiders.
My Buckeys won the Fiesta Bowl over Notre Dame, not VT. ;)

Jared
01-04-2006, 05:34 PM

Well, you just have to look at his entire body of behavior while at VA Tech.

Giving alcohol to underage girls. According to the police report, he and his friend were also was trying to encourage them to do strip dances.

Reckless driving and marijuana possession.....twice

And although this one play was an isolated incident in terms of his on field behavior, it was pre-medicated and could have caused an injury.

So either he has bad judgement, or has a sense of entitlement and has no coping skills for adversity. Not good traits either in sports or in real life.

Yes, he is young and immature.. No, maybe he is not a total scumbag. But he is making it hard to think of him otherwise.

DrunkPanda
01-04-2006, 05:42 PM
elmer dumervil shoulda kicked his ass. just like how cox shoulda kicked rivers' ass.

DrunkPanda
01-04-2006, 05:44 PM
if it was michael, he probably would have broken his own ankle doing that

broncolitis
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
elmer dumervil shoulda kicked his ass. just like how cox shoulda kicked rivers' ass.
Agreed!!!!!!

WABronco
01-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Well, you just have to look at his entire body of behavior while at VA Tech.

Giving alcohol to underage girls. According to the police report, he and his friend were also was trying to encourage them to do strip dances.

Reckless driving and marijuana possession.....twice

And although this one play was an isolated incident in terms of his on field behavior, it was pre-medicated and could have caused an injury.

So either he has bad judgement, or has a sense of entitlement and has no coping skills for adversity. Not good traits either in sports or in real life.

Yes, he is young and immature.. No, maybe he is not a total scumbag. But he is making it hard to think of him otherwise.

Egghhh, u got me there...

Yea, on second though, he's a ******bag supreme...

Jared
01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10738471/

Well, credit coach Beamer for doing the right thing here.

BroncFanIN
01-06-2006, 11:31 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10738471/

Well, credit coach Beamer for doing the right thing here.
I'm glad to see it. No one should get away with such a blantant act of disrespect.

Tyler_Thompson
01-06-2006, 12:00 PM
if anyone wants it in their sig the link to it is youtube.com just search for Marcus Vick

broncolitis
01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
We had better not pick him up if he enters the draft. It would just cause trouble. You might wonder where I'm coming from with this so I'll tell you. We picked up maurice clarret and he caused trouble. Marcus Vick is just as much as a jerk as Clarret was.

BroncosorBust
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I thought I saw a clip in someone's sig. yesterday showing a player stepping on a downed players leg or arm.

broncolitis
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I thought I saw a clip in someone's sig. yesterday showing a player stepping on a downed players leg or arm.
that was John_Elway's sig but he changed it today.

RoorRipper
01-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I was very angry after watching that. I didn't like him before the play (the guy is a freshman in college and he's trying to have 14 (freshman in HS) year old girls drink alcohol and hook up with them. That is awesomely pathetic.

It did surprise me that a fellow D-linemen saw it and only pointing his finger at Vick, very smart thing to do, but in the heat of the battle I expected him to rip Vicks head off.

horsepower84
01-06-2006, 03:19 PM
OH SH*T!

He's gone for good!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

Wanobe
01-06-2006, 03:43 PM
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was dismissed from the team Friday, the result of numerous legal transgressions and his unsportsmanlike conduct in the Gator Bowl.

University president Charles Steger announced the dismissal on the same day that coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother in their Hampton Roads home, the school said. Beamer informed them of the decision during the meeting.

Vick, the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, was suspended from school in 2004 for several legal problems. The junior came under new and intense scrutiny this week after replays showed he stomped on the left calf of Louisville All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil during the Jan. 2 bowl.

No penalty was called on the play and Vick claimed its was accidental. He further hurt his cause by claiming to have apologized to Dumervil, but the Louisville player said no such apology was ever offered.

On Friday, it was revealed that Vick had been stopped for speeding and driving with a revoked or suspended license in Hampton on Dec. 17. Vick's license had been taken away last year when he was cited for reckless driving and marijuana possession in New Kent County.

Steger suspended Vick from school at that time, and warned that any additional problems would effectively end his time as a member of the Hokies' football team.

"The university provided one last opportunity for Vick to become a citizen of the university and readmitted him in January 2005, with the proviso that any future problems would result in automatic dismissal from the team," Steger said Friday.

Beamer said in a statement that he was disappointed with the outcome.

"I'm very disappointed that this didn't have a better ending," Beamer said in a statement. "We wanted what's best for this football team and Marcus. I certainly wish him the best."

School officials said in a statement that there would be no further comment until a news conference on Saturday. Beamer, Steger and athletic director Jim Weaver, who said the stomping embarrassed the university, were all expected to attend.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5227094

Elways1Fan
01-06-2006, 03:50 PM
I saw that, thats good, got what he had coming

alan
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
And he deserves nothing less....but probably deserves more...that punk should be kicked off that team for good and be thrown out of school that guys an embarresment

Wanobe
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
And he deserves nothing less....but probably deserves more...that punk should be kicked off that team for good and be thrown out of school that guys an embarresment

agreed

does anyone have the gif. where he stepped on that guys calf?

broncolitis
01-06-2006, 04:10 PM
OH SH*T!

He's gone for good!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642
Just heard about it that is AWWWWWWWSOME!!!!!!!!!

aberdien
01-06-2006, 04:18 PM
His mom came :laugh:.

TonyGFortheTD
01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
He sure is gone for good, to the NFL draft this year.

Elway=Goat
01-06-2006, 07:45 PM
if it was michael, he probably would have broken his own ankle doing that

LMFAO....So true.

Sam_Z
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Someone will draft because of his brothers reputation, but he wont last too long.
See Lawerence Phillipps and Maurice Clarett!

Orange_Crush21
01-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Just heard about it that is AWWWWWWWSOME!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but a kid getting kicked out of school is never "awesome." It's a shame; a waste of talent and potential (not just football potential). Hopefully he can pull his head out so he doesn't end up in the gutter.

broncolitis
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry, but a kid getting kicked out of school is never "awesome." It's a shame; a waste of talent and potential (not just football potential). Hopefully he can pull his head out so he doesn't end up in the gutter.
He's not pulled out of school he is just kicked off the team.

Orange_Crush21
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
He's not pulled out of school he is just kicked off the team.

Gotcha, he got what he deserved then.

Broncofan-13
01-07-2006, 02:03 PM
I am a VTech fan, And I was disgusted when I saw what he did. I was watching the game...

goodbye and good riddance.

RoorRipper
01-07-2006, 02:05 PM
It's confirmed he will enter the draft.

6th or 7th round probably.

ColRockies_5
01-08-2006, 12:15 AM

Even if he doesn't make it in the pros, he'll just ending up living off his brother the rest of his life, I guarantee it. I hope Mike sits down and has a good long talk with him about his behavior problems that he needs to fix if he's ever going to make it in the NFL...Mike and him are pretty close, and Mike is a class act, so maybe it will rub off on Marcus a little bit.

Buffalo118
01-08-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm sure Marcus Vick isn't the total scumbag some of you are making him out to be...[/QUOTE]

Excuse me :duh: We don't make him out to be any thing. He makes himself out to be, by his past actions.

armedequation
01-08-2006, 01:47 AM
well the head ref said that in that game both teams were doing some cheap shots but that VT was way out of hand. He said that he's never seen such blatant cheap shots and recklessness in a game before....

well beamer may be a good coach but from this and from watching sportscenter the past couple of days and seeing vick elbow an opposing coach and blatantly flipping off the crowd...he should of been suspended or kicked off the team before now

and theres no way the older brother can help because Im sure if he wanted to he would have tried to by now

Tyler_Thompson
01-08-2006, 01:55 AM
The ref said he didn't see Vick do it but he would have threw him out if he saw him do it