PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the playoff QB's.

Jared
01-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Saw this on msnbc.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10679328/

Looks about right to me.

Admittedly, he is only talking about the positives of most of these guys, Plummer included.

LordTrychon
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Saw this on msnbc.com:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10679328/

Looks about right to me.

Admittedly, he is only talking about the positives of most of these guys, Plummer included.
Interesting article.... :coffee:

Jared
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
:coffee:

Sorry I bore you.

BANJOPICKER1
01-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Good read,funny how after Plummer,,he kind of gets a little less flattering....

BroncFanIN
01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Very good read, Jared. It's strange.

It's being brought up very quietly that the Broncos are getting no press coverage. Not many have caught onto the fact we have won 4 strait games, and earned the two seed in the playoffs. Of course, it wont last long. We'll get a little attention as the divisional playoffs come to town next weekend.

I hope he is right in QB rankings increasing your chances of winning. That means Cincy wins over Pitt, and NE over Jax.

I'd love to see Cincy in our house, and NE @ Indy.

thesaint
01-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Interesting article. I think Delhomme is a little underrated. Outside of Brady he's the only one with Super Bowl experience. And he played pretty well in that game.

Den21-Bal19
01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
DO YOU MIND - I WAS EATING!!!!!!

LMAO :laugh:

It's hard to disagree with Brady or Manning, they've pretty well ruled the roost in the playoffs the last few years. Hasselbeck's had a solid season, and playoff experience, which IMO would nudge him above Palmer.

Palmer vs Plummer for the fourth spot is a difficult one to call. Palmer's had better stats than Jake this year, and deserved his Pro Bowl space, but I like the newer, maturer Jake, and for me that would just edge him into 4th.

BTW, is that the same Bill Williamson that does the Mailbag for one of the local Denver papers?

Tyler_Thompson
01-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Here what I think
1. Tom Brady- friggin awesome,3 rings
2. Peyton Manning- don't really like him he is gay is brother is pretty good
3. Carson Palmer- alright but not higher than Hasselback
4. Matt Hasselback- u have to be awesome to have good stats even when your runningback is runningback of the year
5. Jake Plummer- awesome lowest amount of interceptions in the league for starters who played all season
don't wanna see the rest

DBattack
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
dude that sig of Mike Vick is trippy. i dont want him on my team i have him on madden im gonna release him now... that is so cheap..

LoyalSoldier
01-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Very good read, Jared. It's strange.

It's being brought up very quietly that the Broncos are getting no press coverage. Not many have caught onto the fact we have won 4 strait games, and earned the two seed in the playoffs. Of course, it wont last long. We'll get a little attention as the divisional playoffs come to town next weekend.

I hope he is right in QB rankings increasing your chances of winning. That means Cincy wins over Pitt, and NE over Jax.

I'd love to see Cincy in our house, and NE @ Indy.

It would be funny if we got the Jags. Talk about to the no name bowl. The media won't even touch the game because of the amount of coverage the teams get. :)

HidEmu
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
thank god jake is above big ben

broncos_mtnman
01-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Delhomme should be ahead of Plummer. Other than that, it looks about right.

SeekandDestroy
01-04-2006, 02:39 PM
dude that sig of Mike Vick is trippy. i dont want him on my team i have him on madden im gonna release him now... that is so cheap..

I think you mean marcus vick..i think he should have been tossed from the game for that, he definately stepped on that guys leg on purpose.

BroncosorBust
01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
I don't know about Carson and Matt being rated ahead of Plummer. They both have ZERO playoff experience (well, maybe Matt has one game experience?).

I might put Brunell at # 3 and Plummer at #4.

Adrenaline
01-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Delhomme should be at least moved up past Eli. :goofy:

Emancipator
01-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I like Brady but I think Peyton give's his team the best chance this year. But he won't get the chance seeing that Jake Plummer will lead his team to the SupeBowl win.

I'd rank Peyton higher than Brady this year. And I'd rank Jake Delhome (he's the leader for the Panthers0 higher than Eli Manning (Tiki is the one leading the Giants) this year.

Southstander
01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
1. Tom Brady, Patriots
2. Peyton Manning, Colts
3. Jake Plummer, Broncos
4. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks
5. Carson Palmer, Bengals
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
7. Jake Delhomme, Panthers
8. Mark Brunell, Redskins
9. Eli Manning, Giants
10. Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
11. Chris Simms, Buccaneers
12. Rex Grossman, Bears

broncos_mtnman
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
1. Tom Brady, Patriots
2. Peyton Manning, Colts
3. Jake Plummer, Broncos
4. Matt Hasselbeck, Seahawks
5. Carson Palmer, Bengals
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
7. Jake Delhomme, Panthers
8. Mark Brunell, Redskins
9. Eli Manning, Giants
10. Byron Leftwich, Jaguars
11. Chris Simms, Buccaneers
12. Rex Grossman, Bears

After your "convince me" thread, you only have St. Jake at #3??

topscribe
01-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Over the past season, I have increasingly developed a respect for Williamson.

I like his analysis here. However, the difference between Plummer and Hasselbeck is that Plummer has a few decent people to work with and plays in the AFC, whereas Hasselbeck has playmakers around him and plays in the NFC. Therefore, I would place Plummer . . . . and maybe Roethlisberger (after the Steelers demonstrated what happened when Roethlisberger was not playing) . . . . above Hasselbeck.

-----

topscribe
01-05-2006, 04:45 PM
After your "convince me" thread, you only have St. Jake at #3??
It's tough, dealing with traitors, isn't it? ;)

-----

Southstander
01-05-2006, 05:04 PM
mtnman, Brady and P. Manning are the two best QB's in the Game. Just becaue I drank the Plummer brand Kool-Aid, does not mean I think he is the best in the leauge, I don't think his most die hard fans, like plummer4president would make that case.

broncos_mtnman
01-05-2006, 05:17 PM
mtnman, Brady and P. Manning are the two best QB's in the Game. Just becaue I drank the Plummer brand Kool-Aid, does not mean I think he is the best in the leauge, I don't think his most die hard fans, like plummer4president would make that case.

At last, an admission.

As far as your last sentence, you apparently don't know the St. Jake crowd as well as I do.

However, after another few glasses of Kool-Aid, you'll be an altar boy in the Church of St. Jake in no time.

GridironChamp
01-05-2006, 05:25 PM
1- Tom Brady NE
2- Peyton Manning Ind
3- Carson Palmer Cin
4- Ben Rothlisberger Pit
5- Matt Hassleback Sea
6- Eli Manning NYG
7- Jake Plummer (this year) Den
8- Mark Burnell Wsh
9- Jake Delehome(sp?) Car
10- Chris Simms TB
11- Byron Leftwhich Jax
12- Rex Grossman & Kyle Orton Chi

jletourneau
01-05-2006, 07:40 PM
1. Tom Brady- as clutch as they come and dangerous until game is over

2. Peyton Manning- ability to coach on the field is unparalelled, would move past Brady IMO with a win in the big game.

3. Carson Palmer- has all the tools necessary to be the best, but he still needs to show he can outduel the best.

4. Matt Hasslebeck- I believe Hasslebeck has the tools to do even more on a consistent basis, but doesn't always seem to have the mentality to take over. Can he lead his team to the next level though?

5. Jake Plummer- great leader, has taken on a new game this year, but has made plays when necessary. I'd love to see the jekyll and hyde gunslinger and game mgr sides he has shown meet, put them together and his career could take another step. Perhaps in the playoffs.

6. Jake Delhomme- a true gamer and leader, but can almost play with too much fire which get him in trouble often, showing why his team has been so up and down all year.

7. Byron Leftwhich (when healthy)- a great leader with toughness and warrior like mentality, needs more refining in passing consistency. An improved o-line is the only way we'll get to see more from his career though because of limited mobility.

8. Eli Manning- Eli has the best chance to rise towards the top of this list fast IMO, talk about a turnaround in 2nd year and lots left.

9. Ben Roethlisberger- smart and good leader but doesn't generate much confidence in me as a QB who can consistently make it happen with his arm just yet.

10. Mark Brunell- quite a resurgence this year, but I don't think he has too much left in the tank much beyond this year.

11. Chris Simms- another young guy with all the tools, question is whether he can put it all together on a consistent basis.

12. Rex Grossman- has been injured far too much of his career to know for sure which way he'll go, but offers the Bears a lot more than Kyle Orton this year.

gobroncsnv
01-05-2006, 09:05 PM
As far as your last sentence, you apparently don't know the St. Jake crowd as well as I do.

Maybe I've missed a few days reading every post on here, but my guess is maybe there are fewer than 2 people in the world who hold this view that Jake is better than Brady or Manning. For me, I don't know of ANYONE, but again, I haven't read every post. Got to be a VERY low percentage of posters who think Jake is the best. I really have not seen anybody say this, and certainly not any of those who post with any regularity. So, to call that a "crowd" is a bit of exaggeration. Just a bit...

Southstander
01-05-2006, 09:52 PM
At last, an admission.

However, after another few glasses of Kool-Aid, you'll be an altar boy in the Church of St. Jake in no time.

No more Kool-Aid for me in driving :goofy:

Fat Joe
01-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I think you mean marcus vick..i think he should have been tossed from the game for that, he definately stepped on that guys leg on purpose.

yea, thats pretty disgraceful.

Southstander
01-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Well that is Ron Mexico for you!

j3phr3y
01-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Well that is Ron Mexico for you!

I think Marcus goes by John Mexico.