PDA

View Full Version : Top ten list of the benefits to playing on Saturday?

SkyFlash1
01-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Here's my list, feel free to add....

10. Plenty of partying time before Monday.
9. If Cinci wins they have a short week before coming to a well rested Denver.
8. Saturday night's all right for fight'n.
7. The boys will get to start their film study by watching the Colts lose on Sunday knowing they are watching their next opponent (if they played Sunday they'd have to wait to watch the Indy game to remain focused on their Sunday opponent or even if they did watch it they couldn't study it.)
6. Do you really want to stay up late Sunday night?
5. If Cinci wins, NE/JAX has an extra day to prepare for beating the Colts.
4. After a buy week we don't need another rest day.
3. A Saturday evening under the lights at Mile High? You have to ask?
2. One extra rest day before the AFCC.
And the #1 benefit to playing on Saturday? I'll get to use these tickets I have because I have to drive 18 hours back to Ohio after the game and can't afford to miss 2 days work which is what would happen after a Sunday game!!

I'm really confused as to why the AFC divisional games aren't conditional like the NFC's but hey, I really likes it.

Tyler_Thompson
01-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Those are pretty good the #1 reason sucks though for me because I can't go I am still a kid and almost all the people here are adults

BroncFanIN
01-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Ohio! :eek: I drove out from Denver to Louisville, KY (move)...that drive across Kansas takes FOREVER!!

You might be a homer if...wait! Am I in the right thread?! :confused:

BroncosorBust
01-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I thought that the colts had the better date. Denver has to wait until the late game Sunday to find out who they will play. Conversely, if the Jags win on Saturday, the colts know a day in advance who they will play and will have an extra day to prepare.

However, I do like that we are playing on Saturday, we are on a roll this year for Saturday games.

alan
01-04-2006, 01:29 PM
another great reason..well im 7 hours ahead of denver so if it was on sunday and i had school the next morning= :ugh:

but its saturday= :D

Reidman
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
#1 worst reason...........................I WORK ON SATURDAYS!

SkyFlash1
01-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Ohio! :eek: I drove out from Denver to Louisville, KY (move)...that drive across Kansas takes FOREVER!!

You might be a homer if...wait! Am I in the right thread?! :confused:

I can't say as I know what that drive is like. I'm sure I've done it a hundred times or so but it seems to be blacked out from my life like some horrbile repressed childhood memory. Maybe I'll remember this time because I'll going both ways in 3 days. :jawdrop:

SkyFlash1
01-04-2006, 02:45 PM
#1 worst reason...........................I WORK ON SATURDAYS!
Sorry to hear that but I really need this game living out here in Bengal country. Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwww! You can't know how embarrassing it was losing to them last year. Sitting in the 4th row surrounded by them.

SkyFlash1
01-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I thought that the colts had the better date. Denver has to wait until the late game Sunday to find out who they will play. Conversely, if the Jags win on Saturday, the colts know a day in advance who they will play and will have an extra day to prepare.

Not true, The NE/JAX game only eliminates a possible opponent for Denver and Indy. The Cinci game determines who goes where. None of the 4 remaining teams will be sure of their opponent until that game is over so there is equal prep time for each pair. 6 days for the Denver teams and 7 days for the Indy teams. Of course, any speculative prep can be done beforehand, even now. I imagine the Denver staff is going through a lot of scenarios now which the wc teams can't afford to do.

*****Correction, actually Cinci and Pittsburgh do know who their next game will be should they win but they're too busy with their wc opponent to worry about game 2 until after game 1.

Archimedes Owl
01-04-2006, 08:33 PM
As if the Colts will be able to use the extra day (A Sunday in which they have to play) to prepare for the Broncos (Hopefully for the Broncos). That's just ludicrous.

The Broncos are a bit better off. It's true that whichever team they play will have one extra day of rest and they will have an extra day of rest going into the Championship. Really though, I don't think that it makes as much of a difference as people think.