PDA

View Full Version : 2 more RB's to watch for Denver

jletourneau
01-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Here are two more guys I feel bear watching as far as their draft stock goes.

Both are guys that I feel could flourish in Denver in different ways with our scheme, and both are guys we could get outside of the first round. I'm still very high on looking at DonTrell Moore in the 3rd round or so, but here are two more that bear watching.

Terrence Whitehead-

I believe we could probably get him in the later rounds, 4th or 5th depending on where his stock goes from here. Not the fastest RB in terms of 40 time, but a very good runner with adequate speed. Catches very well out of the backfield and breaks a lot of tackles. The best look I had of him was his first real playing time this year and that was against Fresno St., a very tough tackling team that prides themselves on "hitting you in the mouth." Whitehead made evident that game one of his greatest strengths, and that is toughness and the ability to pick up yardage after contact. Someone who I believe could come into the zone scheme and have suitable skills to step it up a notch.

Maurice Drew-

I still believe that Drew will come out in the draft this year. Small, especially as far as height goes but he is well built and offers similar, but better IMO abilities to Darren Sproles. He would traditionally be looked at as a 3rd down back for the NFL and a dynamic return man, but I believe in the zone blocking scheme he could be very similar to Warrick Dunn as far as vision and toughness go for a small back. Drew is still different than Dunn, but I believe he could perform in many of the same ways. Some refer to Drew as a poor man's Reggie Bush, but if he comes out and gets into the right kind of system, he could THRIVE! Bottom line on Drew is he is a playmaker, and we all know that we need more of those in this offense, no matter what his size is.

WABronco
01-04-2006, 04:47 PM

Both are guys that I feel could flourish in Denver in different ways with our scheme, and both are guys we could get outside of the first round. I'm still very high on looking at DonTrell Moore in the 3rd round or so, but here are two more that bear watching.

Terrence Whitehead-

I believe we could probably get him in the later rounds, 4th or 5th depending on where his stock goes from here. Not the fastest RB in terms of 40 time, but a very good runner with adequate speed. Catches very well out of the backfield and breaks a lot of tackles. The best look I had of him was his first real playing time this year and that was against Fresno St., a very tough tackling team that prides themselves on "hitting you in the mouth." Whitehead made evident that game one of his greatest strengths, and that is toughness and the ability to pick up yardage after contact. Someone who I believe could come into the zone scheme and have suitable skills to step it up a notch.

Maurice Drew-

I still believe that Drew will come out in the draft this year. Small, especially as far as height goes but he is well built and offers similar, but better IMO abilities to Darren Sproles. He would traditionally be looked at as a 3rd down back for the NFL and a dynamic return man, but I believe in the zone blocking scheme he could be very similar to Warrick Dunn as far as vision and toughness go for a small back. Drew is still different than Dunn, but I believe he could perform in many of the same ways. Some refer to Drew as a poor man's Reggie Bush, but if he comes out and gets into the right kind of system, he could THRIVE! Bottom line on Drew is he is a playmaker, and we all know that we need more of those in this offense, no matter what his size is.

Cool...

I really like Whitehead though.

Drew would be sweet too, but I'd like to draft (or sign) a backup plan if he turns out to be Q II.

Skywalker
01-04-2006, 06:29 PM

Terrence Whitehead-

Maurice Drew-

I am totally for taking one of them.

I too believe Whitehead would be good here. and Drew ould be very intriguing.

SeekandDestroy
01-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Maurice Drew-

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh. please, no, no more maurice's. i still have nightmares of the day that we drafted maurice clarett in the 3rd round. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:sad: :mad:

jletourneau
01-05-2006, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=SeekandDestroy]ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh. please, no, no more maurice's. i still have nightmares of the day that we drafted maurice clarett in the 3rd round. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
QUOTE]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: