PDA

View Full Version : That was the greatest national championship I've ever witnessed!

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Anyone who says college football is boring now, after all that, is just... Yes, retarded. The atmosphere in this game was amazing, both teams were so pumped up everytime they made a game. The excitement, there was explosion, there was EVERY you look for in a football game.

This game(College football) is simply amazing, and everytime you get the chance to watch a game, you may be watching history.

What a game! Congrats to Texas! :beer:

Wanobe
01-04-2006, 10:50 PM
it was a great team all but usc lost :p

i still think usc should of won that cause of youngs knee being down but it was a great game.....thats really the first college game i watched and enjoyed

broncofan303
01-04-2006, 10:52 PM
it was a great team all but usc lost :p

i still think usc should of won that cause of youngs knee being down but it was a great game.....thats really the first college game i watched and enjoyed

Yeah, defintely shouldn't of been a TD, but the way things were going they would of scored anyway...

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, defintely shouldn't of been a TD, but the way things were going they would of scored anyway...

Not only that, but the drive after that drive, Texas has an obvious pick and the refs said it was incomplete and didn't review it, so it was pretty much even.

And to that Wanobe dude... How can you not enjoy just sitting and watching college ball? I love it! I love pro more, but college is WOW!

SeekandDestroy
01-04-2006, 11:08 PM
i would have to agree, it was one of the only national championship games that actually lived up to the hype. both teams were very deserving and it could have gone both ways. i will remember this for a long time. AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Wanobe
01-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Not only that, but the drive after that drive, Texas has an obvious pick and the refs said it was incomplete and didn't review it, so it was pretty much even.

And to that Wanobe dude... How can you not enjoy just sitting and watching college ball? I love it! I love pro more, but college is WOW!

like i said this was one of the few college games i have watched think im going to start watching it :D

Bronco_f1
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
This was a great game. Better than I thought. The game was played until the last seconds. A real classic

BroncoAdam
01-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Definietly a class game.

Best NC game IMO ofcourse is still Miami vs Ohio State 2003. Double overtime! :D

mrsolo
01-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Definietly a class game.

Best NC game IMO ofcourse is still Miami vs Ohio State 2003. Double overtime! :D

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, obviously. IMO...this game just left the Miami/Ohio State game behind.

Adrenaline
01-05-2006, 11:23 AM
It was an awsome game to watch. Would have been crazy to be at the game. Two great teams going at. Some future great NFL'ers where in that game. I'm glad Texas won. I was rooting for them because they where the underdog. I have only watched a few college football games, and this one was the best no question! :cheers: Vince Young....wow he is going to be special in the NFL.

BVP
01-05-2006, 03:30 PM
That was a horrible game. Congrats to Vince Young on winning that game. But what the hell was Bush thinking? They had all of the momentum, he just gained about 40 or so yards, so why did he try to play hero? Leinart probably would have gotten his 100th TD pass if Bush wouldn't have tried to latteral the ball. Also, I am dissapointed in the whole USC defense. Yes they had a freshman linebacker starting, but Darnell Bing should have led his defense and he should have made the TD stopping tackles. A little bit of effort would have been nice. The one upside was LenDale White. He has always been one of my favorite USC Trojans player. Him scoring three TD's really helped his stock, he might enter the draft. If he doesn't, he should be a front runner for the heisman. Also, Dwyane Jarrett also showed me something. He did drop a couple of passes, but that touchdown towards the end really showed me that he wanted to win another National Championship, cause he broke two tackles and then jumped into the endzone.

PsychoChicken
01-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Definietly a class game.

But the things is, either of the teams that played last night would've torn each of the 2003 teams to pieces. Not only was this the best championship game that I have ever seen, but it also contained two of the greatest college football teams in history. It's almost a shame that someone had to lose.

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
The ND vs USC game was better

Probably cuz both teams defense sucks

BVP
01-05-2006, 05:50 PM
The ND vs USC game was better

Probably cuz both teams defense sucks

Agreed, cuase USC came out on top.

Sorry, about my posts lately, I am still mad that USC lost.

BroncoManiac_69
01-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I knew people would complain about the knee being down. But as Releasethebeast pointed out, an interception was not called either. IMO the officiating in the game was pathetic all around from clock management to non calls and bogus calls. But arguing the refs is pointless.

That was the best college game I have seen in a very long time. The hype alone made this one special and to come down to the way it ended was truly exciting.

I was routing for Vince and Texas all the way. I thought that Vince deserved the Heisman far more than Bush. His stats clearly blew away Reggie's numbers and I did not understand what gave the edge to Bush. But Oh Well. Young's performance in this game was record setting and he was well deserving of the MVP award.

Congrats to Texas and the Big XII :beer:

Reidman
01-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Rose bowls for the most part are always going to be good because you have the #1 and 2 team playing each other. I agree that last night's was one of the best.
My only gripe with college ball is there is hardly ever any defense and I really like watching a good defense. Was there any defense on the field last night, lol. :P

What happened to Bush..?? He was outrushed and outperformed by White and Young........... :confused:

BVP
01-05-2006, 06:14 PM
There was no defense because those are the best two offenses in the nation.

Skywalker
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
If only the heisman was given to the player after the championship game....Mr.Vince Young would have definatley won it...

this was the best college game I've ever seen to....CAUSE MY TEAM WON IT!

in fact...I just ordered my National Champs sweatshirt a couple minutes ago :D

kcchiefsrule
01-05-2006, 09:51 PM
That's what I said. Texas would have scored on that drive regardless. And the non-review of the obvious interception ruled incomplete made it even, IMO.

Some people at work were saying the game was fixed, that there's always influence to throw a game on even just one or two players. One coworker said that she was rooting for USC not because she is from (the Bay Area) California, but because she didn't want Texas to win because George Bush is from Texas. She was rambling on about how the USC defenders didn't stop Young on that late touchdown run, that they knew it was going to happen. Man... I got sick of hearing about a fixed game.

I said that I'd like to think that sports aren't there yet - they're not like pro wrestling. I also stated that the refs are the ones that can cause a game to go either way. All in all, it was one of the best games i've ever seen, and i'm so glad that Texas won.

Calif. Bronco
01-05-2006, 10:47 PM
What happened to Bush..?? He was outrushed and outperformed by White and Young........... :confused:

Actually, Reid, it was pretty typical of Reggie's career at USC. Lost amid all the highlight runs and gaudy stats is the fact that every third or fourth game, for various reasons, White outshines him. It's mostly a product of who they are playing and what the other team allows. I have literally seen every play USC has run during Reggie's three years (actually a whole lot longer but that's not germain to this discussion) and this game was not too different than several others.

BTW, congrats to Texas! I am as diehard of a Trojan as anyone who ever lived, but I can admit when the better team wins and tip my hat to them. I probably congratulated and shook hands with at least 100 Longhorn fans outside the stadium last night and let me tell you, they are a class act. :beer:

BroncoInMich
01-07-2006, 11:50 AM
But the things is, either of the teams that played last night would've torn each of the 2003 teams to pieces. Not only was this the best championship game that I have ever seen, but it also contained two of the greatest college football teams in history. It's almost a shame that someone had to lose.

UMMM no...Osu would rock USC or Texas of this year. Hell OSU nearly beat Texas this year had they not went to the prevent defense to end the game and then the destroyed ND who took Usc to the limit. But i'm sure you'll realize all of this when you wake up.

mrsolo
01-07-2006, 02:42 PM
UMMM no...Osu would rock USC or Texas of this year. Hell OSU nearly beat Texas this year had they not went to the prevent defense to end the game and then the destroyed ND who took Usc to the limit. But i'm sure you'll realize all of this when you wake up.

You stated this like fact. You have NO IDEA though. OSU would rock Texas? UMMM no.....Texas beat OSU...at the Horseshoe!!!! And, using your logic, Fresno State took USC down to the wire, Tulsa beat Fresno, and OU beat Tulsa, therefore OU and Tulsa would beat USC this year. :laugh: