PDA

View Full Version : Wroten arrested on drug charges

WABronco
01-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Dumby...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2281616

Oh well, I don't really care much 'bout this. I'd still love to draft him...

I'd bet that more than a quarter of the NFL has smoked pot at one time or another...

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-05-2006, 02:28 PM
well at least he didnt deny having it, he must have just made a mistake, because if he truly was a bad kid he would have denied it.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-05-2006, 02:49 PM
This should be interesting. Antajj Hawthorne was a DT that was a first/second round prospect, got busted before the draft for weed, and dropped to the 6th round.

myoung
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree this will be interesting. The last mock I saw from the sporting news had him going late first round to us. It will be interesting to see how far he falls.

Broncosinindy
01-05-2006, 03:56 PM
i think the kid should worry about going to jail...i wouldnt waste a pick on him..not becuase of the talent but becuase he will get away with this and everyone will look away... if this was yoru average joe he would have not been hired

PsychoChicken
01-05-2006, 04:05 PM
This should be interesting. Antajj Hawthorne was a DT that was a first/second round prospect, got busted before the draft for weed, and dropped to the 6th round.
But Anttaj Hawthorne also totally sucked at the cmbine, and he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine. Why would you smoke weed right before the combine when you know you're going to be tested and the results of the test could cost you millions of dollars? I'm sure that's what a lot of teams were wondering. It seems he cared more about getting high rather than getting drafted high. Naturally, the Raiders eventually took him.

As to Wroten, I have no idea how it will affect his status. It sounds like a first time offense, but dealing and just using are two completely different things. Dealing = possible felony, major fall on draft boards. Personal use = fine, plus very little impact on draft boards. And if he tests positive for the stuff at the Combine, that'll suck for him too.

Broncosinindy
01-05-2006, 04:13 PM
if he tests positive at the combine he might as well jsut give up

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 05:40 PM
What does Wroten love more weed or playing football? IMO he shouldn't be drafted in the first round he's to much of a risk.

BroncoRT
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Dumby...

I'd bet that more than a quarter of the NFL has smoked pot at one time or another...

Agree... it is not like he is the only college student to smoke pot in their life. If it were coke or meth, that's another story. I would guess well over 50% of college students and graduates have smoked pot at some time or another. I like Wroten and I hope still hope he is a Bronco next year.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM

Yea but Hawthorne was a bit of a **** anyways...

OhNoKoolAid
01-05-2006, 08:08 PM
I know he's a different case than Hawthorne, but it's still a mild PR headache for the drafting team. Ultimately, I see him going the way of Castillo instead of Hawthorne, since his play exhibits no negative actions associated with drugs, like laziness, etc. He'll probably be okay, but come on guys, why must you mess around with your future over something so trivial and pointless. It probably cost Hawthorne a worth while career...

jletourneau
01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, in the end I don't think it will cost Wroten all that much.

It has happened far enough out from draft time that there will be plenty other things to come up between now and then and a fair amount of time for Wroten to redeem himself.

So I don't think he'll fall much if any, and would expect him off the board by 40 at the very latest.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Y'know, they're not mutually exclusive. If he's a regular user, then yeah, it's going to hurt his ability to play in the NFL. But I don't know if it's safe to assume he's a regular user just because he got caught once.

Well, if his college play is any indicator of what he can do on weed, then hell, give him all the weed he wants!

Kapaibro
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Quite frankly I don't think he should be rewarded for illegal behaviour(and it is illegal until the govt decide differently), and I wouldn't want my kids looking up to some dope fiend as a role model.

BroncoStampede
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
He probably wont be drafted in the first round now unless a miracle happens

Buffalo118
01-06-2006, 07:29 PM
:duh:
Y'know, they're not mutually exclusive. If he's a regular user, then yeah, it's going to hurt his ability to play in the NFL. But I don't know if it's safe to assume he's a regular user just because he got caught once.

I read on NFL Draft Scout that he was also dealing. Great Guy not :duh:

Perry1977
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Lets get rid of Mike Anderson too for his pot smoking!

Buffalo118
01-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Why don't you become a Redskin fan and post their symbol. We haven't had much luck with you rooting for the opposing team :beer:

Perry1977
01-08-2006, 01:11 AM
Why don't you become a Redskin fan and post their symbol. We haven't had much luck with you rooting for the opposing team :beer:

That's not a bad idea. :D

armedequation
01-08-2006, 02:35 AM
i find all this humorous considering the city of denver just passed legislation to make it legal to carry up to an ounce within the city limits:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

*Atwater*
01-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Dumby...

Well said WABronco.

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Agree... it is not like he is the only college student to smoke pot in their life. If it were coke or meth, that's another story. I would guess well over 50% of college students and graduates have smoked pot at some time or another. I like Wroten and I hope still hope he is a Bronco next year.

weed is illegal ...PERIOD just like meth or anything else...

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 08:15 AM
i find all this humorous considering the city of denver just passed legislation to make it legal to carry up to an ounce within the city limits:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-11-03-pot_x.htm

unless its by the feds or state police..

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 08:18 AM
Quite frankly I don't think he should be rewarded for illegal behaviour(and it is illegal until the govt decide differently), and I wouldn't want my kids looking up to some dope fiend as a role model.

amen! its illegal activity and there fore i hope they prosecute him to the full extent of the law