PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillon blows his top

WhoDeyBengals
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Corey Dillon talks about "keeping it real." (http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/197)

Excerpt: "You guys donít sign my checks. You guys, when itís all over with, where are you going to be? Nowhere. Why does it really matter to me what you guys write or what you think? I donít give a s***. I donít care. All I care about is what my teammates think and how we go out there and play football. I donít give a s***."

Is anyone surprised by this? I thought Belichick was keeping the bad seeds in check.

Glad he's not on my team anymore.

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I never blame a guy for snapping and chewing out the media.

Most of the time, the media deserves it.

Emancipator
01-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Other than the cursing. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Like he said all that matters is what his teammates think of him.

I agree. He didn't say fans. He was directing that to the media.

Astrass
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this. The media is getting on his nerves about having a slower season. He saying he doesnt want to hear it and all he cares about is his team. big deal.

NJBRONCOSFAN
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Would you preferred if he said 'I don't care what my teammates think..the headlines in the paper are ALL that matter to me...my team means ****'?

WhoDeyBengals
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Other than the cursing. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Like he said all that matters is what his teammates think of him.

I agree. He didn't say fans. He was directing that to the media.
No argument that this was directed at the media. But the media is the conduit between the players and the public. IMO, this is extremely unprofessional.

Corey Dillon, whether he wants to or not, represents not just himself, but also his organization when he gets in front of a microphone. "No comment" works just as well and doesn't create controversy.

If you don't think that the media can't bring a team to its knees, see Philly.

I personally think that this is an indicator of things to come. Look for Corey to become a story at some point in the near future.

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 03:16 PM
The media didn't bring Philly down and what Dillon has said doesn't compare to what TO was saying. TO was actually insulting his teammates and coaches. Dillon is insulting the media.

Honestly, I don't blame players when they get pissed with the media. As I've said, the media usually deserves it. Do you know what they asked him?? Maybe some context would be nice.

Fat Joe
01-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this. The media is getting on his nerves about having a slower season. He saying he doesnt want to hear it and all he cares about is his team. big deal.

Pretty much. No big deal, the media sucks and is gay.

WhoDeyBengals
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
The media didn't bring Philly down and what Dillon has said doesn't compare to what TO was saying. TO was actually insulting his teammates and coaches. Dillon is insulting the media.

Honestly, I don't blame players when they get pissed with the media. As I've said, the media usually deserves it. Do you know what they asked him?? Maybe some context would be nice.
Your request for context is a good one, and no, I don't know what they asked him. If it was an honestly inflammatory question, then Dillon's reaction is a little more justified.

Of course, "inflammatory" is in the eye of the beholder, no?

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 03:25 PM
The other thing is that a lot of people make errors during emotional times and will say stupid things. That doesn't make them bad people or bad football players.

If this is all that he says in a two year period, I wouldn't worry about it.

Champ Bailey has said some things that were pretty insulting to the Kansas City Chiefs and if he disrespected all of our opponents all of the time, I'd consider him a poor sport, but a rare outburst here and there doesn't bother me at all.

Snk16
01-05-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it.

Broncosinindy
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
the media is doings its job by asking these questions.. just likes it his job to answer them.. if you aint got nothing nice to say dont say nothing aat all.. or like who dey said no comment works well

WhoDeyBengals
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Alright, followup question to everyone who disagrees with me:

If you're Bill Belichick, do you just ignore this? Do you say something?

It seems to me like if you let this behavior take place unchecked, you're setting a dangerous precedent.

Jared
01-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Alright, followup question to everyone who disagrees with me:

If you're Bill Belichick, do you just ignore this? Do you say something?

It seems to me like if you let this behavior take place unchecked, you're setting a dangerous precedent.

If I am Bill, I wait to see what Brady, Brushi, McGinest, et al, say to him.

I don't step in unless I need to.

And if any of those guys don't have the balls to step up to him, then I have words with them. That's what team leaders are supposed to do.

bronxs
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
He picked a funny time to worry about bashing the media even though he says he doesnt care what they say, judging by his emotional reacions, he does care.

bronxs
01-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Next Question.

Dean
01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
When under attack I think it is human nature to return fire. He may have been more eloquent but I believe he got his meaning across.

JoRo
01-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Corey Dillon talks about "keeping it real." (http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/197)

Excerpt: "You guys donít sign my checks. You guys, when itís all over with, where are you going to be? Nowhere. Why does it really matter to me what you guys write or what you think? I donít give a s***. I donít care. All I care about is what my teammates think and how we go out there and play football. I donít give a s***."

Is anyone surprised by this? I thought Belichick was keeping the bad seeds in check.

Honestly, Im glad he did it, its the dang truth. Writers dont matter all that much.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 06:46 PM
If I am Bill, I wait to see what Brady, Brushi, McGinest, et al, say to him.

I don't step in unless I need to.

And if any of those guys don't have the balls to step up to him, then I have words with them. That's what team leaders are supposed to do.

I doubt they say anything....

As a matter of fact, I bet they're high fivin' him...

BroncoManiac_69
01-05-2006, 07:10 PM

Mr. WhoDey:

I am a Bengal fan as you know from our discussions in other threads.

In the first place, I think that ONLY Bengal fans would be keeping such a close eye on Corey because of the history there. I was a little disappointed that Dillon left the Bengals but understood why. That move to NE was good for him and Cincy with the emergence of Rudi.

Secondly, As pointed out, Corey is going after the media with his comments and to come and call him a "bad seed" because of it doesn't fit. I get sick and tired of the media and their need to get the top story. Corey has obviously been being faced with one question after another.

After the Broncos won Super Bowl XXXII, we the fans, the team and especially John Elway were enjoying a moment that we have waited for a life time for. I was FURIOUS with Jim Gray (I don't like him anyway) when he finally got to interview John and he just couldn't help himself by asking "will you retire now?". My God. The man is having the moment of his life and the media jerk puts him on the spot like that when he is only thinking about what just happened. His first Super Bowl win. If I were John, I would have blasted him. It went on again after XXXIII after we defeated the Falcons.

For a recent example, the Rose Bowl last night. Vince Young was enjoying his Championship and before he even steps off the podium, they are asking him if he will go to the NFL. Puts him on the spot right there. Simply uncalled for. Again, I would have gone and blasted the reporter.

My point is only this. The media pushes and pushes and they deserve to get pushed back.

rcsodak
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
The other thing is that a lot of people make errors during emotional times and will say stupid things. That doesn't make them bad people or bad football players.

If this is all that he says in a two year period, I wouldn't worry about it.

Champ Bailey has said some things that were pretty insulting to the Kansas City Chiefs and if he disrespected all of our opponents all of the time, I'd consider him a poor sport, but a rare outburst here and there doesn't bother me at all.
Please, tell all of us how Champ "disrespected" the chefs. :rolleyes:

He stated his opinion on their playing, or lack thereof.

How is that "disrespecting" them? :confused:

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
disrespect

n.

Lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard.

He gave them a lack of respect, esteem and courteous regard.

Of couse, it could be argued that his lack of respect was justified, but he did disrespect them.

Emancipator
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
No argument that this was directed at the media. But the media is the conduit between the players and the public. IMO, this is extremely unprofessional.

Corey Dillon, whether he wants to or not, represents not just himself, but also his organization when he gets in front of a microphone. "No comment" works just as well and doesn't create controversy.

If you don't think that the media can't bring a team to its knees, see Philly.

I personally think that this is an indicator of things to come. Look for Corey to become a story at some point in the near future.

Does this have anyting to do with Corey leaving the bengals and doing a super job with the Pats? ;)

JWinn
01-05-2006, 11:30 PM
the media is doings its job by asking these questions.. just likes it his job to answer them.. if you aint got nothing nice to say dont say nothing aat all.. or like who dey said no comment works well

:confused:

I thought his job was to play football.....................

DrunkPanda
01-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Mr. WhoDey:

In the first place, I think that ONLY Bengal fans would be keeping such a close eye on Corey because of the history there. I was a little disappointed that Dillon left the Bengals but understood why. That move to NE was good for him and Cincy with the emergence of Rudi.

Secondly, As pointed out, Corey is going after the media with his comments and to come and call him a "bad seed" because of it doesn't fit. I get sick and tired of the media and their need to get the top story. Corey has obviously been being faced with one question after another.

After the Broncos won Super Bowl XXXII, we the fans, the team and especially John Elway were enjoying a moment that we have waited for a life time for. I was FURIOUS with Jim Gray (I don't like him anyway) when he finally got to interview John and he just couldn't help himself by asking "will you retire now?". My God. The man is having the moment of his life and the media jerk puts him on the spot like that when he is only thinking about what just happened. His first Super Bowl win. If I were John, I would have blasted him. It went on again after XXXIII after we defeated the Falcons.

For a recent example, the Rose Bowl last night. Vince Young was enjoying his Championship and before he even steps off the podium, they are asking him if he will go to the NFL. Puts him on the spot right there. Simply uncalled for. Again, I would have gone and blasted the reporter.

My point is only this. The media pushes and pushes and they deserve to get pushed back.
i think you're a little too sensitive about the media. i mean, all john elway or vince young has to say is "i don't know". it's not like they have to lose all joy in the occassion just because a reporter asks a question. they don't even have to think about the answer. just "i don't know" and the media can't do anything

WABronco
01-05-2006, 11:55 PM
i think you're a little too sensitive about the media. i mean, all john elway or vince young has to say is "i don't know". it's not like they have to lose all joy in the occassion just because a reporter asks a question. they don't even have to think about the answer. just "i don't know" and the media can't do anything

Well, some athletes obviously see otherwise. I can understand why they'd get testy...

WABronco
01-05-2006, 11:56 PM
All I can say is f*** him. I don't give a rats a** what he says.

wowaa...

...and he doesn't give a rat's ass what you think! Whatchu think 'bout that? :goofy:

bronxs
01-06-2006, 12:14 AM
Here's a response "Next question"

bronxs
01-06-2006, 12:18 AM
I am tired of people saying champ bailey disrespected the chiefs. First of all, he was talking with team mates, not the media, he just happened to be miched for the game. Second, he was stating the truth, kansas city played like crap. If they were giving their best in their game against us, they deserve to be sitting at home right now. And third, did you notice bailey said he wasn't going to let up. Why do you think that, because he know KC is explosive. People needs to grow a backbone, especially when being told the obvious truth.

Archimedes Owl
01-06-2006, 12:32 AM
He knew he was mic'd.

He definitely disrespected the Chiefs. The fact that he spoke what he believed to be the truth doesn't mean that he didn't disrespect them. If he didn't disrespect them, do you believe that he respected them?? Of course not. He clearly showed a lack of respect. I agree that he shouldn't be castigated for disrespecting them, but he certainly did disrespect them.

bronxs
01-06-2006, 12:53 AM
He knew he was mic'd.

He definitely disrespected the Chiefs. The fact that he spoke what he believed to be the truth doesn't mean that he didn't disrespect them. If he didn't disrespect them, do you believe that he respected them?? Of course not. He clearly showed a lack of respect. I agree that he shouldn't be castigated for disrespecting them, but he certainly did disrespect them.
Oh please, if the chiefs felt disrespected on that then they are weak. But you know what, If the chiefs played their heart out against denver in denver, and bailey is wrong, then the chiefs SUCK. I bet you felt disrespected when everyone was commenting on the chiefs tackling against Barber. If the chiefs feel disrespeceted, feel free to do something about it.

topscribe
01-06-2006, 01:04 AM
disrespect

n.

Lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard.

He gave them a lack of respect, esteem and courteous regard.

Of couse, it could be argued that his lack of respect was justified, but he did disrespect them.
Thanks for the vocabulary lesson. However, even though we now know the definition of "disrespect," that didn't answer RC's question. Champ made the comment that he felt the Chiefs were not playing hard as they should have been in the game in question. That was not "disrespect," accrording to the definition you so graciously provided. That was an observation. Regardless of how the Chiefs and their coach interpreted his remarks, it is what it is.

Come to think of it, if a player is not leaving it out on the field, he doesn't deserve respect. But that wasn't the intent of Champ's remark. That was obvious, I believe, except to certain people from KC . . . . and maybe to a few less cognizant people outside KC.

Moreover, to be talking about it even yet is silly. Let it rest. :goofy:

-----

topscribe
01-06-2006, 01:07 AM
All I can say is f*** him. I don't give a rats a** what he says.
Well, you've said quite enough, that's for sure.

In fact, you just said too much.

-----

Southstander
01-06-2006, 01:11 AM

Other then the profanity I don't see a problem with this, Fans are fickle in who they cheer and or boo. All that matters in a team sport is the TEAM

armedequation
01-06-2006, 02:22 AM
first of all what does champ and KC have to do with what dillion said?

second the media knows what they are doing. I have never heard of dillion acting like this to the media before. If he had this reaction then someone probably pushed too much. He's human like the rest of us....

bronxs
01-06-2006, 02:23 AM

second the media knows what they are doing. I have never heard of dillion acting like this to the media before. If he had this reaction then someone probably pushed too much. He's human like the rest of us....
You just got a bunch of bronco hatin chief fans, that want to cry disrespect like tom brady and jacksonville does.

armedequation
01-06-2006, 03:05 AM
You just got a bunch of bronco hatin chief fans, that want to cry disrespect like tom brady and jacksonville does.

yea thats who that was directed to :beer:

bronxs
01-06-2006, 03:13 AM
yea thats who that was directed to :beer:
That's one thing about the raiders, as much as they suck, you don't hear them Biching up a storm about respect or crap like that. I'll give them their hits as far as that goes. So it's pretty bad when raider fans can suck it up while they are in last place, yet you got SOME chief and charger fans crying about respect during the middle of the season. good grief. Anyways, who should the pats worry about the most, Denver, Indy, Cincy, or Pittsy. I say denver since denver is the only team that isn't psyched out of the mere presence of new england. (Colts have that role on us.)

Archimedes Owl
01-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Ok, first of all, I am a Broncos fan and I dislike the Chiefs. I don't think that Champ Bailey made a mistake in disrespecting the Chiefs. I see nothing wrong in him disrespecting the Chiefs and the Chiefs should feel ashamed if they didn't try hard enough to put up a decent game, but he did clearly disrespect them.

My point was that disrespecting somebody isn't always a bad thing. I don't care that the Chiefs' feelings were hurt when he disrespected them. I feel the same way when a player on any team chews out the media. Sure, the media has been disrespected by Dillon, but usually the media deserves the disrespect in the same way that the Chiefs deserve disrespect.

I don't know if you guys agree with me as far as agreeing about whether the disrespect was justified, but what Champ Bailey said about the Chiefs was a clear cut case of him disrespecting them. Do you think that he respects them, because I just don't see that. As I see it, he doesn't respect the Chiefs in the least and so he disrespects them.

BANJOPICKER1
01-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Ok, first of all, I am a Broncos fan and I dislike the Chiefs. I don't think that Champ Bailey made a mistake in disrespecting the Chiefs. I see nothing wrong in him disrespecting the Chiefs and the Chiefs should feel ashamed if they didn't try hard enough to put up a decent game, but he did clearly disrespect them.

My point was that disrespecting somebody isn't always a bad thing. I don't care that the Chiefs' feelings were hurt when he disrespected them. I feel the same way when a player on any team chews out the media. Sure, the media has been disrespected by Dillon, but usually the media deserves the disrespect in the same way that the Chiefs deserve disrespect.

I don't know if you guys agree with me as far as agreeing about whether the disrespect was justified, but what Champ Bailey said about the Chiefs was a clear cut case of him disrespecting them. Do you think that he respects them, because I just don't see that. As I see it, he doesn't respect the Chiefs in the least and so he disrespects them.

Wow,,I think all Champ did was say what everyone else saw,I think he just said it as an observation.If he was trying to get a dig in on kc knowing he had a mic on,he could have said something about kennisons mommy!!Quit trying to find some deep meaning in this..

Archimedes Owl
01-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Wow,,I think all Champ did was say what everyone else saw,I think he just said it as an observation.If he was trying to get a dig in on kc knowing he had a mic on,he could have said something about kennisons mommy!!Quit trying to find some deep meaning in this..
I never said I disagreed with his assertion, but what he said was not respectful, thereby it was disrespectful. I never said it wasn't justified and I'm not trying to find deeper meaning.

As for if he said something about Kennison's mother, I would also find that disrespectful, though I also agree that disrespecting Kennison in any way is usually justified, but nonetheless, it would be case of disrespecting him.

Perhaps my problem has been that I've been using the word disrespect, which is traditionally a noun as a verb. To me, to disrespect means nothing more than to not respect somebody and the noun means a lack of respect or esteem, but maybe you guys give more meaning to the verb.

WhoDeyBengals
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Next Question.
Drew Rosenhaus called, he's suing you for gimmick infringement. :D

WhoDeyBengals
01-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Does this have anyting to do with Corey leaving the bengals and doing a super job with the Pats? ;)
There may be a little bit of sour grapes involved ;)

If it had been another player from any other playoff team, I would have posted it. And I'm curious as to what the reaction would be if this were, say, Terrell Owens.

WhoDeyBengals
01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Mr. WhoDey:

Mr. Maniac_69,

I appreciate your thoughtful comments concerning the article I posted on this board about Corey Dillon. I hope that you found it to be an enjoyable read. You obviously found it to be thought provoking. I'd like to address a few of the things you said.

First of all, you say that "only bengals fans" would make an issue of the remarks that Dillon made to the media. I disagree. I'm certain that the fans in Jacksonville and New England are also looking on this incident with at least a moderate level of interest, because of the tenor of the comments and how they might translate in terms of results on the field this Saturday. When a player does something extraordinary to call attention to himself in a situation where his team needs to be focused on the task at hand, especially when the results will either directly or indirectly impact ALL teams in the playoffs, I personally feel that is worthy of attention.

Secondly, you say that Corey Dillon is being called a "bad seed" because of his treatment of the media. While I would certainly argue that Dillon's comments would contribute to that perception, Dillon's reputation as a troublemaker stem from his locker room conduct with his previous team. Dillon's antics while with the Cincinnati Bengals have been cited as a major source of distraction for his team at that time.

The overall crux of your argument, though, is that the media deserves to have people become difficult with them when they ask certain questions. While I certainly agree that, at times, members of the media ask questions that we can label inappropriate, I also feel that the players who make themselves available to the media have a responsibility to themselves, their organization, and the public to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Cursing and "keeping it real," while satisfying at times, is not professional conduct where it concerns media relations. If a member of the media deserves to be treated poorly for his/her conduct, there are other ways to accomplish this. Silence, IMO, is the best way, because you give them nothing fit to print.

Humbly,
WhoDeyBengals

WhoDeyBengals
01-06-2006, 10:06 AM

second the media knows what they are doing. I have never heard of dillion acting like this to the media before. If he had this reaction then someone probably pushed too much. He's human like the rest of us....If you've never seen Dillon act like this to the media before, you just haven't been following his career that closely.

Trust me. :cheers:

bronxs
01-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Drew Rosenhaus called, he's suing you for gimmick infringement. :D
Next question.

bronxs
01-06-2006, 10:28 AM

Oh boy. Well, disrespecting them would be insulting them or insulting their mama's. He just stated a simple truth. However, if he wanted to diss them, he would have said "I am not going to need to play hard against these guys." But he didn't. This is crap, for all you people crying about champ bailey and dissing your teams, get over it, and worry about next year. And if you FELT dissed, feel free to do something about it next year.

bronxs
01-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Any bronco fan who wants to see our players disrespect other players or teams is not a football fan. Look what lynch did last year trying to intimidate the colts recievers last year. We all know what happened to our team last year right? This years team is not like last years team, which is why I am excited.

BroncoManiac_69
01-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Silence, IMO, is the best way, because you give them nothing fit to print.

Humbly,
WhoDeyBengals

Thank you for your response. :beer:

But if I am not mistaken, the players and coaches are required by the league to face the media. I really didn't want to defend or agree with Corey's actions. But when it comes to the media in general, my blood tends to start boiling.

Archimedes Owl
01-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Oh boy. Well, disrespecting them would be insulting them or insulting their mama's. He just stated a simple truth. However, if he wanted to diss them, he would have said "I am not going to need to play hard against these guys." But he didn't. This is crap, for all you people crying about champ bailey and dissing your teams, get over it, and worry about next year. And if you FELT dissed, feel free to do something about it next year.
See, I knew it. Your definition of disrespect is completely different from mine. You seem to think that disrespect means insult. Well it doesn't. It only means to not respect. Or to literally display a lack of respect. And I have no problem with people doing that.

And, again, I am not a Chiefs fan. I've never liked the Chiefs and have been a Broncos fan for all of my life (Well, since I was very young. I wasn't a Broncos fan before I could speak). And I don't blame Champ for not respecting the Chiefs, but he didn't respect the Chiefs, so according to the definition, he disrespected them. To me, the word disrespect has become synonymous with insult. I didn't mean that he insulted the Chiefs. I meant that he disrespected them. And I don't understand how you can disagree with that.

But listen, I don't care to argue the semantics of the English language any longer, so please just take my explanation at face value. I think that you assumed that I was a whining Chiefs fan. I'm not, so there is no reason to argue with me.

EDIT: Last time I use disrespect as a verb. That's the incorrect usage anyway.

RoorRipper
01-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Believe it or not, 98% of athletes agree with him.

T.O. and a select few are the ones who really care about the media. Also, CHAD JOHNSON!

Trench777
01-06-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm curious what exactly he said that you disagree with.

Something I'd like to note; This is exactly what the media is looking for, when they ask whatever it is they asked. They don't want polite, well-thought out answers...they ask "inflamatory" questions to...er...well INFLAME.

I can all but assure you, that the guy who asked whatever question evoked this responce did not slink away with his tail between his legs, whining about how mean ol' Corey hurt his feewings...he was grinning like a Cheshire cat & couldnt WAIT to get the sound byte &/or text out to the public.

This was that media guy's wet dream come true, not a slap in his face.

That's my take on it.

T777

bronxs
01-07-2006, 12:38 AM
See, I knew it. Your definition of disrespect is completely different from mine. You seem to think that disrespect means insult. Well it doesn't. It only means to not respect. Or to literally display a lack of respect. And I have no problem with people doing that.

And, again, I am not a Chiefs fan. I've never liked the Chiefs and have been a Broncos fan for all of my life (Well, since I was very young. I wasn't a Broncos fan before I could speak). And I don't blame Champ for not respecting the Chiefs, but he didn't respect the Chiefs, so according to the definition, he disrespected them. To me, the word disrespect has become synonymous with insult. I didn't mean that he insulted the Chiefs. I meant that he disrespected them. And I don't understand how you can disagree with that.

But listen, I don't care to argue the semantics of the English language any longer, so please just take my explanation at face value. I think that you assumed that I was a whining Chiefs fan. I'm not, so there is no reason to argue with me.

EDIT: Last time I use disrespect as a verb. That's the incorrect usage anyway.Thats how you define it? simply lacking respect? Say what you want. Champ bailey merely stated the obvious and the truth. If you think it was disrespect, well that's your opinion, and leave it at that, I already explained why it's not. You must get disrespected everyday in that case BASED on your definition, which is vague, "to lack respect."

bronxs
01-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm curious what exactly he said that you disagree with.

Something I'd like to note; This is exactly what the media is looking for, when they ask whatever it is they asked. They don't want polite, well-thought out answers...they ask "inflamatory" questions to...er...well INFLAME.

I can all but assure you, that the guy who asked whatever question evoked this responce did not slink away with his tail between his legs, whining about how mean ol' Corey hurt his feewings...he was grinning like a Cheshire cat & couldnt WAIT to get the sound byte &/or text out to the public.

This was that media guy's wet dream come true, not a slap in his face.

That's my take on it.

T777IN the monday night game he said for some reason kansas city plays them harder in KC then denver, and he said he wasn't going to let up. This was in INVESCO THIS YEAR. Personally, as a fan and not a player, I would disrespect them by saying they played like dog crap, and being soft.

bronxs
01-07-2006, 12:44 AM

EDIT: Last time I use disrespect as a verb. That's the incorrect usage anyway.
The main reason why I am argueing is that champ did not diss anyone. If anyone thought that kc played their hardest in denver then they didn't watch the game. that game should have been a little closer, and IT'S A FACT, KC plays denver harder in KC then denver, why can't you understand that.

Trench777
01-07-2006, 02:50 AM
IN the monday night game he said for some reason kansas city plays them harder in KC then denver, and he said he wasn't going to let up. This was in INVESCO THIS YEAR. Personally, as a fan and not a player, I would disrespect them by saying they played like dog crap, and being soft.

I was referring to the original posters original post, not Bailey's (100% true) comments about the Squaw's.

Sorry for the lack of clarity on my part.

T777

Archimedes Owl
01-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Hmm...

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I didn't mean that to lack respect was to disrespect. I meant to say that to show a lack of respect was to disrespect and, yes, I am disrespected all the time.

Of course, it has only resently shown up in verbal form anyway.

But, the slang to "diss" was not what I was trying to convey. To me, that is to show a gross lack of respect to the point of insult and that's not what I meant when I used the noun disrespect as a verb.

Anyway, I never suggested that I saw what Champ did as wrong, so we're doing nothing more than arguing the semantics of the language now.

By the way, I kind of get the feeling that you haven't really read any of my posts, or you wouldn't be getting angry over the fact that I've used disrespect in a way different than what you assumed.

Superchop7
01-07-2006, 07:36 AM
The overall crux of your argument, though, is that the media deserves to have people become difficult with them when they ask certain questions. While I certainly agree that, at times, members of the media ask questions that we can label inappropriate, I also feel that the players who make themselves available to the media have a responsibility to themselves, their organization, and the public to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Cursing and "keeping it real," while satisfying at times, is not professional conduct where it concerns media relations. If a member of the media deserves to be treated poorly for his/her conduct, there are other ways to accomplish this. Silence, IMO, is the best way, because you give them nothing fit to print.

Humbly,
WhoDeyBengals

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________-

Hammer hits nail.............this was an absolutely outstanding post.

These words should be placed in the locker of every professional athlete.

As far as the other ways to accomplish this....

I think he should have just told them what he had for breakfast, describe it in detail, great detail, unbelievably boring detail....smiling while he's talking (forced smile)....and then thank them for their time.

bronxs
01-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm...

Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. I didn't mean that to lack respect was to disrespect. I meant to say that to show a lack of respect was to disrespect and, yes, I am disrespected all the time.

Of course, it has only resently shown up in verbal form anyway.

But, the slang to "diss" was not what I was trying to convey. To me, that is to show a gross lack of respect to the point of insult and that's not what I meant when I used the noun disrespect as a verb.

Anyway, I never suggested that I saw what Champ did as wrong, so we're doing nothing more than arguing the semantics of the language now.

By the way, I kind of get the feeling that you haven't really read any of my posts, or you wouldn't be getting angry over the fact that I've used disrespect in a way different than what you assumed.
Not angry, and you saying you are disrespected all the time tells me that you greatly care what everyone thinks of you and you are very touchy. I kill it right here and say nothing more about this.

Archimedes Owl
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Not angry, and you saying you are disrespected all the time tells me that you greatly care what everyone thinks of you and you are very touchy. I kill it right here and say nothing more about this.
I'm not touchy, because I don't think that being disrespected is a big deal. It just means that somebody doesn't respect me, but maybe my definition of disrespect is different from everyone else's. Either way, I agree that we need not argue the definition of the word anymore.