PDA

View Full Version : We Cant Play Steelers

MKCC14
01-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I think i heard around here that some people here was afraid we might play the steelers. well we cant, since the poll on the main page says what our game will be with. the pats, jags or bens. anyways to make this into a more interesting topic, which team here would we have the best chance of beating?

BroncosorBust
01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Actually we could in the AFC championship game. Just not the divisional round.

BroncoManiac_69
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Actually we could in the AFC championship game. Just not the divisional round.

Correct.

If the Steelers beat Cincy, they would face the Colts next. So if they beat the Colts they would come to Denver.

This would mean we have to beat either Jacksonville or the Patriots before that scenario would take place.

Pitt is being called the team to fear but there is a little voice in my head fearing the Colts more. :ugh:

Edit: BTW, the wording of your poll is off unless we can choose all three of the choices.

bcbronc
01-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I think i heard around here that some people here was afraid we might play the steelers. well we cant, since the poll on the main page says what our game will be with. the pats, jags or bens. anyways to make this into a more interesting topic, which team here would we have the best chance of beating?

you forgot 'all of the above' as an option. i like our chances against any of the three options. but if i had to pick most desirable to least desirable i would go jax, cincy, new england.

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 09:06 PM
After what the Bengals did against the Bills and Chiefs, it's tempting to pick them, but if they get to us, it is likely that they've turned it around, so I'd rather not face them. Or, should I say, I wouldn't mind facing their pathetic defense, but their offense still worries me.

Anyway, we played both New England and Jacksonville. We dominated both games early, but Tom Brady made the New England game closer towards the end. Also, we beat Jacksonville in Jacksonville, so I give us a slightly better chance against Jacksonville. Still, I worry more about the Bengals offense than New England and the Broncos should not have a problem exploiting the pathetic New England secondary. Honestly, I give Jacksonville the best chance to beat Indy, so I wouldn't mind facing the Bengals. If Jacksonville beats Indy, it would all be worth it.

Fat Joe
01-06-2006, 12:26 AM
None. None of those teams will beat us in the 1st round. The only team that will beat us is Indy. Other then that I feel very confident in this team and havent felt this way about a Broncos football team since 1998.

MKCC14
01-06-2006, 01:34 AM
oh sorry about the poll guyz. :ugh:

The Dark Knight
01-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Poll option not listed.

No team will beat us.

donovan
01-06-2006, 07:15 AM
i'm a little affraid with colts of course and pats ( hearts of champion )

Drew303
01-06-2006, 08:42 AM
i actually think we match up BEST against the steelers.

BroncFanIN
01-06-2006, 09:31 AM
None. None of those teams will beat us in the 1st round. The only team that will beat us is Indy. Other then that I feel very confident in this team and havent felt this way about a Broncos football team since 1998.
IF we bring our A game to Indy, I like our chances of beating them. Though I do think they will get beaten in the first round. They remind me a lot of the '96 Broncos team.

broncofan428
01-06-2006, 10:19 AM
you should have had an option that says all of the above because I think we can beat every team on that poll

AvsFan26
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
i agree with the above poster, we have the capability of beating everyone of those teams. Shanahan knows very well the weaknesses of them, and will play to them if given the chance. however, i think that we have the best chance of creaming the jaguars. think about it. if they do get past the pats ( i think theres a good chance they may) they will have had almost no test on the offensive side of the ball. if they sink into a lazy offesive aproach, our defense can stop them hands down. i only worry about jimmy smith, as he has a tendency to make circus catches off of some terrible passes from leftwich. their defense will give us quite a test, but if plummer sticks to short out routes and slant passes, we should be able to take them hands down. if we were to play the pats, then we just need to pound it at their secondary. sure, if we go pass crazy they may get a pick or two, but im confident that we could put it into the endzone a lot more with the deep pass. if we were to play cincy, that would be the toughest test. there we would need to stick to the run game a lot more, as their secondary loves to jump routes and take the ball right out of the receivers hands. once again though, short passes and run up the middle would finish them off.