PDA

View Full Version : 5 tight ends?

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I think having 5 tight-ends is ridiculous.

1. Stephen Alexander
2. Jeb Putzier
3. Nate Jackson
4. Mike Leach
5. Wesley Duke

Denver should only keep 3 tight-ends on its roster

Denver should draft Texas/ David Thomas

*Keep Putzier

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
The Broncos rely on a lot of double (And even triple) tight end sets. This is probably because we don't really have the best third wide recievers on the team at this time.

Besides that, Leach is the long snapper of the team. He can also play tight end, but he's really just the long snapper.

Anyway, when you use three tight ends in one play on occasions, it isn't a bad idea to carry a fourth on the team in case of injury and we definitely need a long snapper.

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
The Broncos rely on a lot of double (And even triple) tight end sets. This is probably because we don't really have the best third wide recievers on the team at this time.

Besides that, Leach is the long snapper of the team. He can also play tight end, but he's really just the long snapper.

Anyway, when you use three tight ends in one play on occasions, it isn't a bad idea to carry a fourth on the team in case of injury and we definitely need a long snapper.

Thanks for the information :beer:

I just hope Denver can upgrade its tight-end situation. I'm scared of the Duke situation due to all of his ACL tears.

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the information :beer:

I just hope Denver can upgrade its tight-end situation. I'm scared of the Duke situation due to all of his ACL tears.

ACL tears? when?

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I read an article that Duke had knee problems. I don't remember where I read it, but knee injuries are bad. If I find it I will post it for you.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 09:27 PM
He's blown out both his knees in college, I think.

But hey, he won the dunk contest last year, so I'd say his knees are fine...

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/duke_wesley

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't know much about Denvers West- Coast offense, but they are sounding like the Patriots offense. IMO it would be wise of Denver to draft a tight-end without knee problems.

Instead of playing the lottery with Duke.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I don't know much about Denvers West- Coast offense, but they are sounding like the Patriots offense. IMO it would be wise of Denver to draft a tight-end without knee problems.

Instead of playing the lottery with Duke.

Lol, we're not playing the "lottery" with Duke. He was undrafted, no huge contract. If he flops, we've got Putz...

Archimedes Owl
01-05-2006, 09:40 PM
It's not like Duke is our starter. Jeb Putzier and Stephen Alexander see the majority of the action and they've each played pretty well. Duke has a lot of potential and is being groomed to be another good tight end, but it isn't like if he did go down to injury, the team would be screwed.

I don't have a problem drafting a tight end. After all, we have a lot of draft picks this year, but we also do have bigger needs.

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 09:43 PM
By lottery I mean its like a cheap salary to pay, but Duke could become a sensational star. However after what the ACL did to Terrell Davis I just think Dukes prone to knee injuries.

I think that we could also draft some offensive linemen.

WABronco
01-05-2006, 09:48 PM
By lottery I mean its like a cheap salary to pay, but Duke could become a sensational star. However after what the ACL did to Terrell Davis I just think Dukes prone to knee injuries.

fair enough...

PsychoChicken
01-05-2006, 10:01 PM

In recent years, ACL injuries have become sort of minor injuries. Obviously, they still hurt a lot and require a while to recover. But the new ligament that is used is actually stronger than the original ACL. The recovery time these days is shorter two. Back when Edgerrin James got hurt, it took him two full years to fully recover. Now, players can return and perform at a high level the very next season. And, after a successful surgery, a knee injury is just as likely for the formerly injured player as it is for any other player.

Buffalo118
01-05-2006, 10:13 PM
In recent years, ACL injuries have become sort of minor injuries. Obviously, they still hurt a lot and require a while to recover. But the new ligament that is used is actually stronger than the original ACL. The recovery time these days is shorter two. Back when Edgerrin James got hurt, it took him two full years to fully recover. Now, players can return and perform at a high level the very next season. And, after a successful surgery, a knee injury is just as likely for the formerly injured player as it is for any other player.

Thanks for the info