PDA

View Full Version : Which would be worse?

Chief-Dom
01-06-2006, 09:02 AM
This is not a slam in any way, cause I know most of you will probably say neither of these will happen. Most will say that the bronco's are going all the way to the SuperBowl, which I do not doubt, the Broncos truely have a good team.

But I am curious as to which of these 2 playoff scenario the fans think would be worse.

Losing the first game of the playoffs and extending the "no playoff wins since elway left"

or

Losing and being eliminated by the Colts for a 3rd straight year

Again, this is an honest question, just trying to get an idea of what the fans think.

LordTrychon
01-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Losing the first playoff game....

There's much less shame in losing an away game to what most people consider the best team in football. :coffee:

KeystoneBronco
01-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Obviously winning as many as we can would be the most appropriate choice.. Why would we ever want to lose? Trust me, even if we do lose to the Colts this year it's nothing to be ashamed of... They are a great team and we'll be playing in their house.

But bottom line, i'd RATHER just go all the way :beer:

HidEmu
01-06-2006, 09:07 AM
although losing to indy in indy again would suck, losing to pittsburg in denver would be much worse

BroncFanInPA
01-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I don't want to lose to Indy again, but it would be more palatable with a home win first. Personally, I'd rather see us win the home game.

Then of course, we spank the Colts and go on to smear the Seachickens in Super Bowl XL! :cheers:

HidEmu
01-06-2006, 09:15 AM
although losing to indy in indy again would suck, losing to pittsburg in denver would be much worse

stavros
01-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Not too worried about losing to the Steelers as the only way we play them is if they beat Cin, then go into Indy & beat them....unlikely. :D But, I would definately like to win the divisional round game. I would say no shame in losing @ Indy as they are a very good team.

LordTrychon
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Just a point of fact for those of you that seem a bit confused... we can not play Pittsburgh in our first game... if they win this weekend, they automatically go to Indy. :coffee:

LDB
01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Losing in the first game would be worst. Denver needs to get this playoff monkey off their backs. At least then we could stop hearing "Denver can't win a playoff game without Elway."

Chief-Dom
01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
That is what I suspected. I have a friend that is a big broncos fan and was trying to convince me that the colts putting them out of the playoffs for 3 straight years woulda been worse.

Thanks

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Losing in the conference game would be better! We've been dying to win a playoff game for years and if we don't this year then that will suck some major lollipops

bronxs
01-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Losing the first playoff game....

There's much less shame in losing an away game to what most people consider the best team in football. :coffee:
I agree. Losing the first game. Only people who don't make it to the playoffs say they'd rather not make it then lose in it. Only the people that lose in the first round say they'd rather lose in first then second, or lose in the second then third. Whats the common denomenator? they are all losers.

I3IzOnCoF4n24
01-06-2006, 12:48 PM
i would MUCH rather lose to the colts in the next round, yes it would suck, but losing after a bye at home? no way

LawDog
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
As long as we play strong, Broncos football I'll be ok with how things turn out. The worst is to get blown out in a playoff game (i.e. SB loss vs. Washington).

PatrickdaDookie
01-06-2006, 02:02 PM
With our team in relatively good health (for once), I really want a shot at the Colts. If we lose, I just have to tip my hat and concede they are head ahd shoulders above us.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Losing the first home game would be worse, we need to get that stupid media hyped "no wins since elway garbage" of our backs.

homestar
01-07-2006, 12:15 AM

hmm i dont see how this is possible unless pitt knocks off indy...

Smith49
01-07-2006, 12:17 AM
why must we allready concede defeat to the colts? hell, we have beat some very good teams this year on the road and at home, so to say it would be ok to win the first and lose the second is b.s. the broncs are good, they have a strong 'D' so bring em on, bring em all on i say. hell, if the broncs lose in either game ill be pissed, but maybe that is just because i know that this team actually has the capability to compete with any team in the league.........no, they have the ability to beat any team in this league and anything less will be a dissapoinment. so to answer the question, it would suck equally as bad to lose in either game, and that is how i see it. GO BRONCOS GO!!!!

Southstander
01-07-2006, 02:39 AM
This is not a slam in any way, cause I know most of you will probably say neither of these will happen. Most will say that the bronco's are going all the way to the SuperBowl, which I do not doubt, the Broncos truely have a good team.

But I am curious as to which of these 2 playoff scenario the fans think would be worse.

Losing the first game of the playoffs and extending the "no playoff wins since elway left"

or

Losing and being eliminated by the Colts for a 3rd straight year

Again, this is an honest question, just trying to get an idea of what the fans think.

I don't even want to think about it, both would stink

PeytonMVP
01-07-2006, 02:47 AM
With our team in relatively good health (for once), I really want a shot at the Colts. If we lose, I just have to tip my hat and concede they are head ahd shoulders above us.
I've been saying Denver @ colts AFCC! nervous? cause i am! :ugh:

Southstander
01-07-2006, 02:52 AM
I've been saying Denver @ colts AFCC! nervous? cause i am! :ugh:

Good you should be :D

PeytonMVP
01-07-2006, 02:56 AM
Good you should be :D
didn't you just post something about "any given sunday?" come on dude, i'm trying to be nice. :coffee:

Southstander
01-07-2006, 03:00 AM
didn't you just post something about "any given sunday?" come on dude, i'm trying to be nice. :coffee:

Let me break it down for you Jr. You should be "nervous"... BECAUSE "any given Sunday ANY team can be ANY other team."

PeytonMVP
01-07-2006, 03:07 AM
Let me break it down for you Jr. You should be "nervous"... BECAUSE "any given Sunday ANY team can be ANY other team."
my guy, weren't you preaching that the last 2 yrs? :eek: hop on the chat line and we'll talk.