PDA

View Full Version : Run Defense

Buffalo118
01-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Draft someone who can stop Kansas City RB Johnson in his tracks!

Buffalo118
01-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Denver needs Thomas Howard to knock the sh** out of Johnson with his 4.44 speed.

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 10:26 AM
i think its pretty much impossible to stop him... what we need to do is slow him down...the only way to slow him down is sticking 8 in the box if i was kansas city i would be drafting a wide out that way when teams do stick 8 in the box they have one on one

BroncsOwnU
01-08-2006, 10:42 AM
If we got a proven pass rusher, we could then use the interior lineman to stop the run. Right now we are trying to get pressure on the QB with our front 4 and using the linebackers to stop the run. If we can get a proven rusher off the end, and turn Pryce and the new man loose on the edges, the interior lineman could then plug the holes and the linebackers could stuff the run in the backfield.

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 10:45 AM
people with good defensive lines did that and it didnt work

BroncsOwnU
01-08-2006, 10:51 AM
people with good defensive lines did that and it didnt work

True, but if you are getting pressure on the QB, then you can bring Lynch up to stuff the run, and when you stack the box, and control the line of scrimage, you're not going to completely shut him down, but you will limit him. And the key to stopping their running game isn't Johnson, or Holmes, it's Roaf. For example, look at how we shut down BOTH Holmes and Johnson when Roaf wasn't playing, and how Johnson ran wild in the second half against us when Roaf was playing. Denver controlled the Chiefs running game for 6 quarters, but once Roaf wore the interior lineman down... it was game over.