PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick & the Broncos(merged)

uhhyeahagain
01-05-2006, 07:15 PM
from Profootballtalk.com:

"In our book, Vick is looking like he should be a third-round pick of the Broncos -- and another year of turdish behavior likely won't do anything to change that."

What do you Broncos' fans think about this?

link:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

ChaoSMakeR2k
01-06-2006, 03:42 AM
I for one would love to have him, he's almost as fast if not faster that his brother. So I think he would be a great weapon for Denver.

Jared
01-06-2006, 07:33 AM
from Profootballtalk.com:

"In our book, Vick is looking like he should be a third-round pick of the Broncos -- and another year of turdish behavior likely won't do anything to change that."

What do you Broncos' fans think about this?

link:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Good God, I hope not.

All the high school girls in the Denver area would have to be kept away from the stadium.

thesaint
01-06-2006, 07:52 AM
1. Vick is only a junior and has not yet declared himself for the draft. So this thread is pointless.

2. If you are thinking about drafting him when he does come out....read this article from the Denver Post...

Ref says he missed Vick stomp

Posted: January 4, 2006

Associated Press

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- The referee whose crew didn't see Marcus Vick stomp on the left calf of an opponent in the Gator Bowl said Wednesday that he would have thrown the Virginia Tech quarterback out of the game had he seen the infraction happen.
"We missed that, and I'm sorry we did," Steve Usecheck told the Daily Press of Newport News from his home in Colorado. "You bet I would have thrown his ass out."

Vick did not draw a flag for stomping on the left leg of Louisville All-American Elvis Dumervil late in the second quarter, but the Hokies were still whistled for four personal fouls in the opening half. Another was offset by a call against Louisville.

One of the personal fouls led to the ejection of Hokies cornerback Jimmy Williams, a consensus All-American, after he was caught swinging an arm at linesman Al Green.

The Hokies calmed down after the break, Usecheck said, and rallied to win 35-24.

Usecheck, a regular official in the Big 12 for 22 seasons who has worked 14 bowl games, described Virginia Tech's behavior during a foul-plagued first half as "brutal."

"I was really disappointed. We don't see football like that in the Big 12," he said, adding the Hokies were guilty of late hits and taunting in the half. "Those kids were just completely out of control. ... Louisville wasn't as bad. Virginia Tech was brutal."

Virginia Tech athletic director Jim Weaver said Tuesday that Vick's actions during the game were an embarrassment to the university and would be reviewed and assessed.

Coach Frank Beamer did not return a message left at his office Wednesday, and university spokesman Larry Hincker said it wasn't clear when a decision would be made by Beamer, athletic administrators and school president Charles M. Steger.

The incident is the latest in a line of trouble for Vick since he elected to follow his brother, Michael Vick, to Virginia Tech. The elder Vick led the Hokies to the 1999 national championship game and was the No. 1 pick in the 2001 NFL draft by Atlanta.

But his act has proven difficult to follow for Marcus Vick, who played in 11 games as a backup as a freshman, then was suspended from school for all of last season.

First, Vick was arrested, along with teammates Mike Imoh and Brenden Hill, for giving alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor.

Vick also later pleaded guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession after police stopped him on Interstate 64 near Richmond in July 2004.

The suspension was announced the same day as Vick appeared in a New Kent County courthouse, and Steger at the time made it seem his patience was running short.

"Vick won't play this year and loses that year of eligibility," Steger said that day. "If there is any more trouble, his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Steger was unavailable for comment Wednesday, his office said.

In Vick's absence, the Hokies won the Atlantic Coast Conference championship in their first year in the league, then lost 16-13 to No. 3 Auburn in the Sugar Bowl.

Upon his return this season, Vick was jeered by fans at road games, and drew additional negative attention by making an obscene gesture to fans at West Virginia, where he was called names related to his prior transgressions throughout the game.

Tyler_Thompson
01-06-2006, 12:10 PM
If Marcus Vick came into the NFL he would be getting beat up by everyone else for stepping on their legs

WABronco
01-06-2006, 02:19 PM
There's no connection to the broncos here...

The PFT guys were merely trying to make a joke. Remember how they said how the Browncos were "turds." They always talk about Denver bringing in "turds." For example, when Koren Robinson was an FA this year, they guessed that Shanny would take a chance because he likes "turds."

OhNoKoolAid
01-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Now that he's been kicked off the team and basically out of school, we'll see where he in fact ends up. I've never been a fan of his brother, and I'm not likely to change my tune with a lower end model. He's second day material that has serious attitude problems not worth dealing with.

RunYouOver
01-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Well...he's been booted from the team...

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Well...he's been booted from the team...
Does that mean he can enter the draft?

uhhyeahagain
01-06-2006, 04:39 PM

Yeah. He's been out of high school for three years so he's good to go. Like Laveranues Coles. He got booted from FSU but still got to do combine stuff and everything.

There's no connection to the broncos here...

The PFT guys were merely trying to make a joke. Remember how they said how the Browncos were "turds." They always talk about Denver bringing in "turds." For example, when Koren Robinson was an FA this year, they guessed that Shanny would take a chance because he likes "turds."

Well, slight connection. Maurice Clarett - 3rd round gamble. Marcus Vick - potential 3rd round gamble

PsychoChicken
01-06-2006, 04:40 PM
If he wants to prove he's really changed, he'll transfer, sit out next year, and play in 2007 without any troubles. Otherwise, he'll declare for the draft and he'll be lucky to get picked at all.

Buffalo118
01-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Now that he's been kicked off the team and basically out of school, we'll see where he in fact ends up. I've never been a fan of his brother, and I'm not likely to change my tune with a lower end model. He's second day material that has serious attitude problems not worth dealing with.

He should be FA material or banned from the NFL :mad:

WABronco
01-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah. He's been out of high school for three years so he's good to go. Like Laveranues Coles. He got booted from FSU but still got to do combine stuff and everything.

Well, slight connection. Maurice Clarett - 3rd round gamble. Marcus Vick - potential 3rd round gamble

Yes, but Clarett actually had talent...

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Ok, since Vick is getting kicked out of school and going into the draft...do we think about taking him with a second rounder???

He is not wanted enough to go in the first round because of his problems. You think Shanny would think of taking him. He could turn into a pretty good pro.

What you guys think??

watchthemiddle
01-06-2006, 10:37 PM
No, I liked him coming into the season and people who see him play a lot more than I do say he can throw better than his brother, but we don't need a head case on this team with the unity they have. There is no reason he needed to do that to Dumervil in the game.

Trench777
01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Not just no...but NOOOOOOO!!!!

Drafting this little idiot is like going to the doctor for a cancer implant.

Read & tell me if you want a twit like this in the Bronco locker room: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5227094

T777

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
Oh i know, but he's still a good quarterback, someone will pick him up, even if its the 5th or 6th round.

Or hey, someone can be stupid enough to take him in the 3rd round like some idiots took Clarett in the 3rd round...wait a minute..

Trench777
01-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh i know, but he's still a good quarterback, someone will pick him up, even if its the 5th or 6th round.

Or hey, someone can be stupid enough to take him in the 3rd round like some idiots took Clarett in the 3rd round...wait a minute..

A: He's not a very good quarterback.

B: That Clarett thing....how'd that work out for us?

T777

DrunkPanda
01-06-2006, 11:01 PM
vick is even more screwed up than clarett was

Kapaibro
01-06-2006, 11:02 PM
What the hell is with people suggesting the Broncos keep taking on the naughtiest players?

No! Shanny likes team players and has got more than enough to do without wiping the butts of these ****!

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-06-2006, 11:10 PM
A: He's not a very good quarterback.

B: That Clarett thing....how'd that work out for us?

T777

LOL, thats what I was saying, did you notice the sarcasm.

SeekandDestroy
01-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Ok, since Vick is getting kicked out of school and going into the draft...do we think about taking him with a second rounder???

He is not wanted enough to go in the first round because of his problems. You think Shanny would think of taking him. He could turn into a pretty good pro.

What you guys think??

They are saying Vick will be a 2nd DAY pick, i wouldn't mind takin him on the 2nd day, NOTHING could be worse than the maurice clarett pick last year!!!!!

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-06-2006, 11:21 PM
They are saying Vick will be a 2nd DAY pick, i wouldn't mind takin him on the 2nd day, NOTHING could be worse than the maurice clarett pick last year!!!!!

LOL, exactly, thats what I was saying. If he was a 6th or 7th round pick wouldnt be such a bad thing, we've gotten worse picks earlier....and I dont think BVP is the future unless he learns to throw.

But its just a thought, I'm not going on a campaign to support this guy like some people are on TO, we just need to get a young QB that can turn into the future of this orginization, no matter who it is.

rcsodak
01-06-2006, 11:35 PM
WRONG!
What bad thing did Clarett do, in a game, that made him such a 'scary' pick?
Nothing!
His was a 'questionable' problem, on-campus, otherwise, he was worthy of a chance draft.

Vick?
He's not shown anything, other than getting in trouble with the law OFF the field, as well as looking like a dumb-ass ON the field.

There is NO way Shanny takes a flyer on this kid.

The faiduhs will take him in the 5th round........just watch.

Bronco_f1
01-06-2006, 11:36 PM
No! I'd rather have TO

Fat Joe
01-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Really sad to see such a wasted talent. People would kill to be in that kids shoes and he blew it. Really too bad, I feel bad for him.

RazR
01-07-2006, 01:42 AM
T.O. would seem like a perfect angel compared to this guy.

LoyalSoldier
01-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Really sad to see such a wasted talent. People would kill to be in that kids shoes and he blew it. Really too bad, I feel bad for him.

No they would step on people legs to be in that position. :)

Southstander
01-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Why do all you fans want to bring in all these players with bad attitudesm, Moss, T.O., Marcus Vick? Let the Raiders take them, so they can burn them down form the inside

Mile High Jedi
01-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Why do all you fans want to bring in all these players with bad attitudesm, Moss, T.O., Marcus Vick? Let the Raiders take them, so they can burn them down form the inside

True that.
Marcus Vick has "Raiders" written all over him.

dbdom
01-07-2006, 07:10 AM
vick has the physicals, someone might take a flyer on him on that alone, well that and he is called vick that helps
but hes a complete nutcase in terms of everything else, so much off the field issues, i am surprised he only just got kicked out now because most other players would have been out long ago

Favretto
01-07-2006, 07:31 AM

What you guys think??

NO! Vick is a head case. We've already had enough headcases like MoC, Deltha, IHOP, Dale Carter, Quitterson...ect...

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-07-2006, 07:35 AM
vick has the physicals, someone might take a flyer on him on that alone, well that and he is called vick that helps
but hes a complete nutcase in terms of everything else, so much off the field issues, i am surprised he only just got kicked out now because most other players would have been out long ago
Nah not a nut case, just a horny stoner bastard :D

JvDub95
01-07-2006, 07:36 AM
i want him to come to the league just to take a hit from Lynch :D

Reidman
01-07-2006, 07:51 AM
This sounds like M. Clarrett part II.

This guy is a loose cannon. With a citation for every year he's been in school, why would we take him....!?!?

We don't need him or his bad habits! :mad:

Favretto
01-07-2006, 07:54 AM
This sounds like M. Clarrett part II.

This guy is a loose cannon. With a citation for every year he's been in school, why would we take him....!?!?

We don't need him or his bad habits! :mad:

Exactly! We need to address the D Line and safety position before worrying about an idiot like vick jr.

Peerless
01-07-2006, 09:14 AM
The thing that really sucks.... is that he would fit our system perfectly. He is mobile..... even more mobile then Jake. He can throw on the run really well, and he has good vision.

I don't want to forget about Jake right this moment, but I do think we should look towards the future of the QB position.

The mobile QB has worked great here in Denver. Elway was mobile and he's just god.... Griese was not mobile. Jake is mobile and he's doing great. Hell, even bubby brister was mobile and he dominated some of the time!

DenverFanInGB
01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
The only way i would pick him is if we could get him in the 7th round.

We don't need him anyway, we got Bradlee Vick Pelt!!! :D

HidEmu
01-07-2006, 09:41 AM
think about what the dude has done... nothing serious at all. The worst thing he did by far was stepping on that dudes leg. Im sure hes a **** and he thinks hes gods gift to football like mike vick. But the kid runs a 4.3 fourty, has a cannon, does throw better then his brother did in college. Other then steping on that guys leg in the gator bowl, all he did was posses marijuana (whats wrong with that?!?! ahah), provide alchohol to underage GIRLS (now who hasnt done that :beer: ), and he was caught speeding without a liscense. I mean i dont think hes ganna be the guy with the best character in the league. But do you guys remeber why Randy Moss didnt win the heisman and why he wasnt a top 5 pick? Im not saying we should pick him, because i dont think he would help us anytime soon. But if he blows away shanny at the combine or something I wouldnt be suprised if we did. And in the NFL a rookie like Marcus vick isnt ganna break down an entire team like terrell owens. Because nobody is ganna take any **** from him, if some like the broncos drafts him and he gets out of line, Im pretty sure someone the size of trevor pryce will promtly toss him accross the room. ;)

DrunkPanda
01-07-2006, 09:47 AM
ok......... he gave alcohol to FOURTEEN YEAR OLDS! that is not normal and there is something VERY wrong with that. as elmer dumervil (:laugh:) said, he's a no character individual.

Archimedes Owl
01-07-2006, 10:09 AM
We should take him with the last pick of the third round.

jletourneau
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
I want nothing to do with Marcus Vick. I certainly hope the Broncos do not take him.

If we did, of course I will cheer for him on the field, and even more I will hope that he changes his ways off of the field.

This isn't one or two isolated incidents, Vick has a horrible track record in a very short time. The Dumervil thing on the field certainly clinched it for me as that was as bush league as it gets, disgusting display of respect.

He obviously has very little respect for himself (ruining his career) , the law (constantly breaking it), or others, (see Dumervil or the 15 year old girls). That is not someone I would hope to have lead my football team, or be the face of the franchise I cheer for.

Marcus Vick has been consistent is this behavior, and has shown little if no remorse. I hope for his sake he can get some perspective and alter his life a little bit. I hope he can gain some respect for life, himself and the people in it. Right now, I just feel sorry for him if anything because nothing he is doing is making a better case for him as a person or as a football player.

Good luck Marcus, I truly hope you can get on a path that actually leads you somewhere.

Favretto
01-07-2006, 12:00 PM
There is no denying that Vick has skill and he plays a similar game to his brother but he has problems off the field. He's mobile...loves to roll out of the pocket like Jake does but he is not as smart as his brother is. I just don't think we have the picks to use on him unless it's a 3rd or 4th rounder. We need to address the D Line, Safety position and our O Line. Nalen is not going to be here forever.

ttejuco
01-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Im only 19, but id totally give alcohol to high school girls :beer:. Vick is just a typical young adult who's having way too much fun with his local status. Im sure he's got so many girls on his jock at Virginia Tech. Boys will be boys, but he's got to decide if football will be his future.

Other than that, Marcus Vick deserves a higher draft pick than Adrian McPherson last year.

How is McPherson doing anyways?

Favretto
01-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Im only 19, but id totally give alcohol to high school girls :beer:. Vick is just a typical young adult who's having way too much fun with his local status. Im sure he's got so many girls on his jock at Virginia Tech. Boys will be boys, but he's got to decide if football will be his future.

Other than that, Marcus Vick deserves a higher draft pick than Adrian McPherson last year.

How is McPherson doing anyways?

Wow...throwing a smoke screen by bringing McPherson into the conversation. To address your first point:

If Marcus Vick was in highschool getting highschool girls drunk instead of playing at a division 1 college with full tuition paid trying to win a bowl game then it would be great...but HE's not. And now he's been thrown out of school. He's got talent, but we don't need him in Denver.

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 10:36 AM
T.O. would seem like a perfect angel compared to this guy.
TO just has a big mouth.. i dont feel sorry for the kid in the slightest .. in his response to getting kicked off the team... no big deal ill just go to the next leval.. that seems cocky and he had no remorse for his actions..he didnt apologize to dummervill...the guy is last years clarrett and if teams were smart they make him sweat it out in the CFL for a year or two

Broncosinindy
01-08-2006, 10:38 AM
hes only 6 foot..

BroncsOwnU
01-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Maybe the Broncos should draft him in the 3rd round... It would just help him along his way in his quest to share a jail cell with Clarett.

They are looking to make a another remake of the Longest Yard.