PDA

View Full Version : After tonight, I like our chances...and after reading this article

bronc_fan23
01-08-2006, 01:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2284356

Blazindro
01-08-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm glad that some Analyist (who is he?) also agrees that the Patriots if they play like they did tonight then they would have lost to any other AFC team. If they do that next week they can say bye bye and put Tom Brady to 10-1. People like Salsbury (sp?) Always say the positives about New England when there playing good football and of course he did that again tonight on ESPN which gets annoying, lets beat the overhyped Patriots next week once and for all and for a second time. :beer: Of course Cincy has to lose first.

Good find, thank you.

PatriotsCanWin
01-08-2006, 07:41 AM
The Patriots beat a 12-4 team(a 12-4 team who had 2 of their losses against the Colts I might add) 28-3 and they played awful? If anything, it is impressive on the Patriots' part for making many mistakes and still winning.

"If the Patriots play like this vs. Denver/Indy" Well no sh|t! The Patriots weren't playing Denver/Indy. If Denver plays like they did vs. Miami the 1st game, they won't win! If Indy plays their backups like vs. Seattle, they won't win. THis guy is a m0r0n.

"If Davis doesn't recover the fumble"

What's with all the "ifs" ???

If Branch caught that touchdown pass...

If, If, If...

Smith has turned into a cocky A-Hole since he moved to ESPN.

JetterIsBetter
01-08-2006, 08:36 AM
The Patriots beat a 12-4 team(a 12-4 team who had 2 of their losses against the Colts I might add) 28-3 and they played awful? If anything, it is impressive on the Patriots' part for making many mistakes and still winning.

"If the Patriots play like this vs. Denver/Indy" Well no sh|t! The Patriots weren't playing Denver/Indy. If Denver plays like they did vs. Miami the 1st game, they won't win! If Indy plays their backups like vs. Seattle, they won't win. THis guy is a m0r0n.

If, If, If...

If Denver played jacksonville's schedule you could be looking at the first undefeated team since the old phins(ok, beating the colts twice is a bit of a stretch but you gotta be optimistic) who wouldnt be 12 and 4 playing teams like the texans(twice), ravens, st louis, jets, browns, cardinals, niners, and titans to name a few. Try going 13 and 3 against our schedule and your patsies wouldnt have even thought about playoffs.

Archimedes Owl
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
To be fair, most of Jacksonville's wins came against pathetically weak teams, but they also beat Seattle, Pittsburgh and Cincy.

They also lost to Denver and Indy for all but one of their losses. Their only bad loss was to St. Louis.

As for that article, I don't think that it was trying to say that the Jacksonville victory didn't mean anything, but that beating Jacksonville like that was going to be much easier than defeating a team like Denver or Indy. Basically, he was saying that the Patriots should be proud of beating up on Jacksonville, but that doesn't mean that we should consider them favorites for beating up on a much weaker team than the top teams in the playoffs.

Still, I was pretty impressed with the Pats. Even if Jacksonville hasn't played a game against a decent team in so long and barely beat some of the weaker teams that they've played.

Calif. Bronco
01-08-2006, 10:17 AM
This article only adds evidence (OK, really his opinion, but you get the point ;) ) to what I have said all along - the only team that should beat us is Indy because it would be in the dome. I respect, but don't fear, the Patriots if and when they come to our house.

Blazindro
01-08-2006, 11:37 AM

If, If, If...

At around the 8 minute mark the Patriots became impressive, but one touchdown was a freebey because there team could not tackle a thing. I think Denver could have tackled that guy who ran for the Touchdown and Indy so that was a free Touchdown that would have been a fourth down if they knew how to tackle.

In the first and second quarter you guys scored 7 points, now that will not do against any other AFC West who knows how to score points just about everytime they have the ball so you better hope to score more next week or there could be trouble for New England. Overall it was a good well deserved win and it always feels good to advance.

homestar
01-08-2006, 11:58 AM

If, If, If...

Patriots won, sure, but they did it against a poor offense and a QB who has been out for an extended period of time. This win probably gives them a false sense of confidence going into the next round, where they will not beat either the Colts or Denver.

SmithOverTO
01-08-2006, 01:43 PM
If the Patriots can't run the ball effectively -- and I've seen no reason to think they can -- they won't be able to win in Denver. Good things happen when we make our opponents one-dimensional.

Thats a good recipe!

TXBRONC
01-08-2006, 05:46 PM

If, If, If...

Hey bub that Miami game was over 17 weeks ago Smith is talking about the here and the now. The Patriots were at home they were expected to win. They play the way they did on the road and its good-bye Patriots .

Go ahead and lull yourself into believing you played a really good playoff team. They had very easy schedule down the stretch as did the Patriots.