PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS! Texas QB Vince Young declares for the draft.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
ESPN News, the little "Breaking news" box.

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Good for him :rolleyes:

Denver Native
01-08-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm not surprised. The NFL draft just got a little more interesting.

Archimedes Owl
01-08-2006, 12:13 PM
It's good for us every time that a promising junior declares for the draft. I mean, we won't be drafting him or anything, but it pushes every other prospect back. It increases the chances of a good prospect falling to one of our picks.

Snk16
01-08-2006, 12:22 PM
Woo...now the Texans can draft him over Bush. :rolleyes:

Good for Young I guess. He has potential to be the player Vick never was some say.

PsychoChicken
01-08-2006, 02:31 PM
That's good for him. He's the biggest name in football right now, and he's at the top of his marketability, which bodes well for him with agents and endorsements deals, as well as the draft. He won't drop past 6th overall.

ReleaseTheBeast7
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM

Good for Young I guess. He has potential to be the player Vick never was some say.

Young isn't a Mike Vick, he's more of a Randall Cunningham.

ColRockies_5
01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
No surprise here...I thought all along if he won the national championship he'd bolt...and you can't blame him can you? After 400+ yards of total offense in the national championship game his stock will never get higher...

Buffalo118
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Do you really think that Texas would draft a QB with a former 1st round pick in David Carr? I guess Texas wouldn't have to get O-linemen since Vince could run away from the oppositions defense.

watchthemiddle
01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
It's good for us every time that a promising junior declares for the draft. I mean, we won't be drafting him or anything, but it pushes every other prospect back. It increases the chances of a good prospect falling to one of our picks.

Thats a good point and one I haven't though of before. Plus, I think White's status went up so maybe someone will take him before our pick and we will get someone else.

BroncoRT
01-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Do you really think that Texas would draft a QB with a former 1st round pick in David Carr? I guess Texas wouldn't have to get O-linemen since Vince could run away from the oppositions defense.

David Carr is owed a big bonus this year, I believe $8 million. He hasn't exactly craved the NFL up and that is a lot of money. They might just start over with Vince. Also he is a hometown hero in Houston and they would love him.

Skywalker
01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY VINCE! PLEASE! BRING US ANOTHER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! :sad:

I think the top three picks will go like this....

1) Texans trade with someone or they take Reggie Bush. either way...Bush is #1

2) the Saints take Leinert

3) Young drops to the Titans.

I dont mind him going to the Titans....but boy I hated when Derrick Johnson went to the Chiefs :mad:

Jared
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
I didn't read the thread, I just wanted to say that he is tremndous athlete, and I think he will e fine, after a few years on the bench.

He has very little experience in the pocket, and although I think his motion is not uncorrectable, I know any team that drafts him will work on that, which could slow or alter hsi development path.

I think another college season would have done him well, but I think he'll get into the groove after a year or two. McNair had the exact same thing, and he turned out fine.