PDA

View Full Version : Little disrespect anyone?

IrishConrad
01-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Most of the nation thinks we will NOT beat the Pats....

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?incomming=1&event_id=1959&question14393=58660&question14394=58662&question14395=58664&question14396=58666&question14397=58669&question14398=58670&question14399=58672&question14400=58677&question14401=58679&question14402=58681

Elway
01-08-2006, 06:23 PM
and how many of those voters who clicked even follow the Broncos football season. Let them ride the Pats coatails, we don't want them on our side anyways. We will do it on our and watch the stupefied explanation from the 'experts' after the fact.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-08-2006, 06:23 PM
So, what else is new? :confused:

IrishConrad
01-08-2006, 06:26 PM
We will do it on our and watch the stupefied explanation from the 'experts' after the fact.
Wish I could see the look on their faces when the Pats get rolled. :cheers:

Wanobe
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
and how many of those voters who clicked even follow the Broncos football season. Let them ride the Pats coatails, we don't want them on our side anyways. We will do it on our and watch the stupefied explanation from the 'experts' after the fact.

agreed i like it like this cause i LOVE proving people wrong...

its funny though

9) Which team do you think matches up better against the Indianapolis Colts?

77.8% New England Patriots
22.2% Denver Broncos

they still vote for NE though they lost something like 20 to 45 last time they met? lol

JetterIsBetter
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I am stationed in va, so you have a big mix of ppl here from all over the country. I am also from kentucky and we dont have a pro team so ppl have other teams. It seems like a big portion of the ppl are patriots fans. Kinda funny how 6 years ago patriots fans were very few and far between. I was talking to a guy today that said either the colts or the pats were gonna when. I told him not to count out denver he said he didnt think they could do it this year. I asked if he knew their record. He did not. I asked him if he watched any denver games. He saw the chiefs game and that was it. Hardly any of our games have been on national tv, and we never get any love from espn. We have just played good tough football, nothing flashy. No off the field drama. That is why the general masses are ignorant. They see a lil bit on espn and read a lil bit, and get nothing on denver. Only true football fans know anything about us, not ppl that are hearded like cattle to the slaughterhouse by the media. Bring on the patsies, i relish the chance to beat the defending 2 time superbowl champs and see if we can make Tom Brady storm off the field pouting again after he loses in denver one more time

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
01-08-2006, 06:50 PM
reason why Denver is disrespected is because over half the media doesnt know what the broncos are about

i wouldnt be suprised if they even know what our record is

Wanobe
01-08-2006, 06:53 PM
reason why Denver is disrespected is because over half the media doesnt know what the broncos are about

i wouldnt be suprised if they even know what our record is

lol the reason they dont know what we are about is cause we dont have a chad johnson (which i like ) or a TO on our team they get all the press

DrunkPanda
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM

its funny though

22.2% Denver Broncos

they still vote for NE though they lost something like 20 to 45 last time they met? lol
but that's one of the few questions i agree about. how can you say we match up against the colts better than the pats do?

PATS FAN in PA
01-08-2006, 06:56 PM

its funny though

22.2% Denver Broncos

have you denver fans completely blocked out what happened the past two years in the playoffs? you got smoked by the colts . . . until you beat them you won't get the respect . . . of course you wont have a chance this year because you'll never make it out of saturday's game with a win . . . eight point victory early in the season while we had too many key injuries . . . team is much healthier and very hungry . . . if you beat the pats, you'll earn respect (at least from the pats and their fans) . . . but i would have to say i don't see it happening and i see the pats and the colts squaring off in indy in two weeks.

Wanobe
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
have you denver fans completely blocked out what happened the past two years in the playoffs? you got smoked by the colts . . . until you beat them you won't get the respect . . . of course you wont have a chance this year because you'll never make it out of saturday's game with a win . . . eight point victory early in the season while we had too many key injuries . . . team is much healthier and very hungry . . . if you beat the pats, you'll earn respect (at least from the pats and their fans) . . . but i would have to say i don't see it happening and i see the pats and the colts squaring off in indy in two weeks.

yes we lost the past few years but we are much more complete team this year..... and sure NE is more healthy this year and we only won by 8 but the problem this us earlier in the year we didnt finish off the teams when they were down we like them creep back up.

JetterIsBetter
01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Will Tom Brady shake hands after he loses again to the broncos? Or storm off and pout?

VADER72
01-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Good, let us not get any respect.

Elway
01-08-2006, 07:11 PM

We beat you earlier in the season.. Brady was there... you know the Modern Legend, the living ICON. We were up 28-3 before we went into our prevent defense.

You also got smoked by Indy in your own home this season. If you think a few key players will change the results with your team facing the prospect of playing away games to gwt to the Superbowl, you are crazy :goofy:

Pats final 7 games.

Week 11 Win vs Saints
Week 12 Loss @ KC
Week 13 win vs Jets
Week 14 Win @ Bills
Week 15 win vs Tampa
Week 16 Win @ Jets
Week 17 Loss vs Miami

Looks like 1 quality win vs the Bucs, 2 losses and 4 games against teams with subpar records. Don't let the media hype blind you.

Bronco_f1
01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
The media is disrespecting the Broncos because they don't have a clown that gets all the attention.

The Broncos have to earn the respect, which they should be able to. Beating the patriots will help a lot

In the ESPN main page, the Broncos are the least favorite of the AFC teams to go to the supebowl (even behind Pittsburgh)...Now that is no Respect

Wanobe
01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
The media is disrespecting the Broncos because they don't have a clown that gets all the attention.

The Broncos have to earn the respect, which they should be able to. Beating the patriots will help a lot

In the ESPN main page, the Broncos are the least favorite of the AFC teams to go to the supebowl (even behind Pittsburgh)...Now that is no Respect

wow im going to have to check that out thas sad we are the 2nd seed... have the end best record in the afc 1 lose behind the colts and had tougher games

broncoswin
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM

I love it!! I think we do better as the underdog and in our own house!! No one has been talking about the Broncos this past week. As Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Bronco_f1
01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I love it!! I think we do better as the underdog and in our own house!! No one has been talking about the Broncos this past week. As Teddy Roosevelt once said, "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

The Broncos are carrying a Huge Log ;)

MKCC14
01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
and if we lose this game.....man, i cant even imagine how next year will be. :ugh:

Archimedes Owl
01-08-2006, 08:22 PM
but that's one of the few questions i agree about. how can you say we match up against the colts better than the pats do?

I can easily build an argument that Denver is a much better matchup against the Colts:

Our passing defense is statistically superior to New England's in every facet. The Patriots are ranked fourth in the league in lowest completion percentage allowed. This is by far the most impressive stat of their passing defense, but Denver beats them there. Denver is ranked 3rd in completion percentage allowed. The rest of the statistics are not even close. Denver is ranked fourth in the league in passing yards allowed per attempt. New England is ranked 30th in yards allowed per attempt. The combination of these two stats suggest that Denver defends both the deep ball and the underneath ball better than the Patriots, but what is also significant is that the combination of these two statistics show that New England can be beat deep and often. Indy's strength is the passing game and they feast on being able to get the quick strike early. Denver is better equipped to prevent this. Denver also has been superior in getting interceptions in the passing game. They are ranked 6th in interceptions in the league, while New England is ranked 26th. Of course these statistics may be skewed by how ridiculously often Denver has been passed on, but the Broncos are still clearly superior in this category too. They have twice as many picks as New England. Of course, all of these facets of New England's game may improve some by the return of some key starters on the front seven. Even so, Denver clearly has the superior pass defense.

Denver is second in the league in rushing yards allowed per game while New England is ranked eighth. Still, Denver is ranked 15th in rushing yards allowed per carry and New England ranked eighth. The stats for the average yards per carry for the Broncos has likely been effected by big runs when the Broncos had a significant lead and teams ran the draw play for big yards. What also has likely effected the average for Denver has been facing good running teams like KC, SD, Jacksonville, Dallas, Washington and NY(NFC). Still, New England has the superior run defense, but not by a wide margin.

The Colts are good at running the ball, but the strongest facet of their offense is their passing game. Denver stops the pass better than New England by a wide margin and stops the run only slightly less well. Defensively, Denver matches up with the Colts much better than New England.

Denver is ranked 15th in the league in completion percentage while the Patriots are ranked 9th. Denver is ranked 10th in yards per attempt. New England is ranked 5th. Denver is ranked second in fewest interceptions. New England is ranked 14th. New England has the superior passing offense. Denver, however, commits fewer mistakes in the passing game. Indy ranks last in the league in completion percentage allowed and 20th in yards allowed per attempt, but rank 9th in interceptions and fifth in sacks. Indy's passing defense is suceptible to long drives and is built around attacking teams agressively to get sacks and to force turnovers. Denver matches up pretty well against them, because they make few mistakes. They also have a fast offensive line that may have a better chance against their fast defensive line in pass protection. I can't say that Denver matches up better in the passing game with the Colts than New England does, but Denver does match up pretty well.

Denver is ranked 2nd in rushing yards per game. New England is ranked 8th. Denver is ranked 5th in average yards per rush. New England is ranked 30th.

Denver's rushing game is clearly superior.

Indy ranks 16th in rushing yards allowed per game. Of course, their ability to get a huge lead with their offense has meant that that stat is likely skewed by the fact that Indy tends to get a lead often and teams don't run on them often. This is shown by the fact that Indy is ranked 30th in rushing yards allowed per carry.

Indy is suceptible to a good running football team. And that is what Denver is. The rushing game is important. Indy thrives on the passing situations that it creates by getting a large lead early with their powerful offense. Their defense is then designed to get good pressure and create turnovers. If a team can run on them, they can put together long time consuming drives that allow for good clock control, but they can also avoid getting into the long yardage passing situations that Indy excels at. There is a good chance that New England would have to use their great passing offense very often with their weak running game and it is likely that Indy would take advantage with a couple of turnovers. Beyond that, New England is more suceptible to giving Indy the huge lead that allows their defensive line to dominate. Denver is less suceptible to this.

OrangeCrush1874
01-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Will Tom Brady shake hands after he loses again to the broncos? Or storm off and pout?

LMAO!!!!! Cry baby won't do anything but go pout about disrespect by our D line when they lay him out! :D

Deck
01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Was champ 100% for the game? :confused: Bye-bye Branch..... That's if you wanna talk key players being out....

May the best team win, of course, but I wonder if the pats guy is trolling all possible AFC champ contender's boards or just ours :P.

I'm kidding much props to a beat up team with a lot of heart!
Good luck saturday :)

Go Broncos!

Kapaibro
01-08-2006, 10:20 PM
The Big Brady Baby! He thinks the Pats get disrespect? Try being a Bronco, or their fans!

This just in from www.dictionary.com

dis·re·spect - n.

Lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard.
To not consider the Denver Broncos capable of winning any games.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=2240

dis·re·spect·ed, dis·re·spect·ing, dis·re·spects

To show a lack of respect for: disrespected her elders; disrespected the law.

AvsFan26
01-08-2006, 10:26 PM
i would just like to express my feelings on the whole situation. it PISSES me off to see how biased the whole nation is towards the pats. lets face it, brady is every announcers golden boy and the pats are still the " dynasty ". i dont know about u guys but the team that i saw this season was mediocre at best. tom brady whined so much throughout the season when things wouldnt go his way, and i am sick of the NFL babying him through his career. put some attention on the better team people!!!!! we have three more wins than these guys we should not be the underdogs!!!!!!! feels good to get that off my chest.

AvsFan26
01-08-2006, 10:28 PM
btw sorry if my post was exactly identical to someone elses i just had to vent

Mile High Jedi
01-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Most people didn't like Denver to beat the Chiefs in KC during the playoffs.
They didn't like Denver to beat the Steelers in the '98 AFC Campionship...

Denver not getting any respect is old news.
Heck, the press can argue (and rightly so) that the only reason Denver has been such a potent underdog was due solely to the skill and experience of our HOF QB.

The evidence is pretty "cut and dry": Denver's been "one and done" in every post-season apperance since Elway's retirement.
You can't argue that. Nor should you begrudge the media and the general public that perception. Denver's got a lot to prove, coaches and players alike.

I (personally) like their chances however. Denver's got a bye week to rest up and prepare and will play the Pats at home. That's huge. Mile High during the playoffs...

If the Pats want the win, they're going to have to overcome more than just the Broncos' Defense. :rockon:

And how cool would it be to go back to Indy for the championship and slay that dragon! The Chargers have already provided a roadmap to how to handle the Colts at home, and Denver definately has a team compairable to them. Better (in fact) if judging by the records.

This should be a fun ride!

Go Broncos!!!

qnred
01-08-2006, 11:05 PM
On Sundays on pre game shows...all season...you never heard squat about our wins or losses...a 13-3 season goes unnoticed or barely mentioned in the media...BUT boy have we heard about INDY and the amazing ability of the PATS to succeed in the post season.....well to Broncos fans.who cares..what they say..or dont say...we know and the PATS will no (like they saw early in the season (28-20) what this team is capable of....

Indy in 2 weeks...the 2 best teams this season in the AFC....

Go BRONCOS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soulbender
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
It's so funny cuz after watching ESPN , I felt that like all season long the broncos are getting NO RESPECT. I said to myself I need to start a thread here and see it's already been started. i guess us Bronco fans are all on the same page.
Hey lets not get too upset cuz we are the kind of team to SNEAK IN and prove all of those SO CALLED experts WRONG.
Shanny is THE GREATEST coach and HE WILL have the answer for the Pats this weekend. That DORK on ESPN will be telling all of us how HE FELT the Broncos would win all along.

RazR
01-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Nobody is giving the Broncos any hope. That, my friends, is what puts the fight in the underdog.

Some of the most amazing Championship runs I've seen or heard of have come from the teams who had something to prove to everyone else.

Astrass
01-08-2006, 11:43 PM
who cares.......the NE band wagon has been around a long time. Most people whos opinions matter follow all aspects of the game. The people who voted are probably the kind of people who only watch the Superbowl. I personaly like it. Cause when we win we'll be the ones who ended their roll.

Soulbender
01-09-2006, 01:32 AM
They're ignoring us because we're not a particularly exciting team, and that's fine by me. Boring football is winning football.

I find US a VERY exciting team. We RUN , we PASS , wew do EVERYTHING!!! Mike S is THE MAN and we will TAKE IT TO THE PATS.

atruebroncosfan
01-09-2006, 08:37 AM
good i will take that any day. denver is the best underdog there is. superbowl 32 anyone?

Deck
01-09-2006, 09:08 AM
who cares.......the NE band wagon has been around a long time. Four years max.... before they won the superbowl.... there were FAR far less... "proud" fans. Now everyone comes out... "Oh me and the pats... WAY back..." Why weren't all the "Pats" fans trolling these boards 6-8 weeks ago when they were 4-4 or whatever..... goodness