Opinions

WABronco
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Omar Jacobs is great. I say we use are 3rd round compensary pick on him

Opinions

I doubt he'll be there...

myoung
01-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I was high on this kid, mostly from what I read, until he came to my home town Boise this year and he was never really the same again.

He has a horrible hiccup in his motion and has been overated by playing lower level competition. I don't want him at all. Most scouts are saying a late third or fourth round pick would get him though. I think that would be about right.

OhNoKoolAid
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
From now on, I will respond to all threads about Omar Jacobs with two words. Those words are:

Brett Basanez.

Brett is an excellent fit for this system, and could be an upgrade over Van Pelt in the backup role. I don't believe he has the arm strength to make all the throws to the point I can say he will be an eventual starter, but he made enough strides this season to warrant an early second day draft pick and gauranteed competition for the backup role.

Skywalker
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
did Jacobs decide to come out early then?

myoung
01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
did Jacobs decide to come out early then?

Yes he announced he was coming out early after the NFL gave him an estimate of a fourth round grade. Apparently that was enough to make him bolt.

Theonlymember
01-10-2006, 01:39 AM
I like Omar. I hope we take him. Jake is 31 years old.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-10-2006, 01:42 AM
I'm a huge fan of Jacobs. Before the season, he was on par with Leinart as a prospect, an injury-filled season and one bad game changed that. Regardless, he is really that good. He's certainly better then Jay Cutler, and after the combine, I will be dead ass shocked if he's not a first round pick. Shocked.

Buffalo118
01-10-2006, 11:00 PM
A Quarterback with an arm would be nice :D
O yea! Don't forget to draft a new pair of WR

myoung
01-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm a huge fan of Jacobs. Before the season, he was on par with Leinart as a prospect, an injury-filled season and one bad game changed that. Regardless, he is really that good. He's certainly better then Jay Cutler, and after the combine, I will be dead ass shocked if he's not a first round pick. Shocked.

I was alot higher on him earlier. I agree with you that he may end up being a better player than Cutler but at this point I think there is no way he will be drafted before Cutler. Jacobs throwing motion combined with a relatively poor season (compared to what was expected) will really work against him. I think he could work his way into the first day and maybe into the late second round but I believe Cutler will be gone long before that. I am not really high on Cutler but alot of scouts sure seem to be enamoured with him....

Momentum
01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Horrible throwing motion, and stacked numbers against nobodies.... no thanks