PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury is such a hater

bronc_fan23
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
nuff said.......

Dr. Broncos
01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Salisbury once again hates on Denver!!

My God, does this guy have any credibiity?

Archimedes Owl
01-08-2006, 09:24 PM
I hate having my eyes poked out.

(This thread is about stating the obvious, right??)

SeekandDestroy
01-08-2006, 09:27 PM
i hate it when i get shot in the face

PatrickdaDookie
01-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I could have sworn I saw him on the USC sideline against the Longhorns. If that's the case, let's hope he's siding with the wrong team again.

PatriotsCanWin
01-08-2006, 09:32 PM
WTF?

Salisbury just picked the Steelers to go to Super Bowl 40 like 2 hours ago. Now he picks the Colts to win? I don't understand this guy at all.

richiejakobe
01-08-2006, 09:40 PM
can you believe i actually once liked that guy? But thats back when I was young and nieve and had to tune into ESPN for the little Bronco news that they covered, instead of coming to this great place. Also cause he was on battlebots lol!!! :beer:

Dr. Broncos
01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
#3 01-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Diggler
Practice Squad Join Date: May 2004

A brief history on Sean Salisbury's distinguished playing career:

Rich Gannon had started 12 of 16 games as the Vikings went from 8-8 in 1991 to 11-5 and the NFC Central title. Gannon was banged up, and the Vikings went to Sean Salisbury for a time, with the idea of allowing Gannon to heal before the playoffs.

Salisbury did some politicking with teammates that he was the man for the job and Dennis Green wound up with a split locker room. He went against the consensus of his coaching staff and chose Salisbury as the starter for a Metrodome playoff game against Washington.

The final was Washington 24, Vikings 7. Salisbury went all the way, leading the Vikings to totals of nine first downs and 148 yards. He was 6-for-20 for 113 yards passing, with two interceptions and four sacks for 38 yards.

Gannon was traded to Washington for a draft choice. Salisbury stayed to serve as the backup to Jim McMahon in 1993

Salisbury then would prove his acumen for judging talent -- in this case, his own. He had been making $1.1 million to serve as the Vikings' backup. He was a free agent, and Green told him he would be the Vikings' starter in 1994 if he agreed to the team's offer of $1.6 million.

Salisbury said that wasn't enough for a starting quarterback. Green shrugged and traded with Houston for Warren Moon.

Salisbury tried to interest Detroit. His sales job included saying in a radio interview that opposing defenses were "terrified" at the idea of a backfield that would team him as the quarterback with running back Barry Sanders.

Eventually, he signed as the backup in Houston to Cody Carlson for $1.1 million.

The Oilers were trying a run-and-shoot offense, which did not fit with Salisbury's slow feet. He was cut. He came back to the Vikings as the No. 3 quarterback, behind Moon and Brad Johnson, for the league minimum of $162,500.

So, there's the track record for ESPN's Mr. NFL:

Six-for-20 for 113 yards and two interceptions in his biggest start. A 90 percent reduction in his original salary offer and two spots lost on a depth chart as a free-agent negotiator

This is Sportscenter's NFL expert.

Wanobe
01-08-2006, 09:46 PM
WTF?

Salisbury just picked the Steelers to go to Super Bowl 40 like 2 hours ago. Now he picks the Colts to win? I don't understand this guy at all.

lol if the steelers could barely beat the bengals (i say barely cause if palmer didnt get hurt they would of lost) they have no chance to beat colts/broncos or the pats

all DENVER
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM
nuff said.......
we all hate him LOL

all DENVER
01-08-2006, 10:03 PM

hes a peyton/brady bandwagoner every year...forget him

watchthemiddle
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Who cares what he says or any other analyst. Stop getting so caught up in the media.

Elway
01-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Threads merged so the hate for Salisbury can be combined. :coffee:

BroncoManiac_69
01-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Who cares what he says or any other analyst. Stop getting so caught up in the media.

Thank You! And for the 4,587th time, we are having a Salisbury steak thread. :ugh:

I still think that Admin should give him his own forum. :coffee:

Ravage!!!
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I could have sworn I saw him on the USC sideline against the Longhorns. If that's the case, let's hope he's siding with the wrong team again.

Of course you did.. he played for USC and is a huge alumni and supporter of the Trojans.

PatrickdaDookie
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Haha, glad I'm not crazy. They showed Marcus Allen on the sidelines with steakman right behind him, and I stood up and pointed at the tv.

"See that! That's Sean Salisbury! Worst analyst ever! God I hate that guy!"

LoyalSoldier
01-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Of course you did.. he played for USC and is a huge alumni and supporter of the Trojans.

$5 says he won't be seen around there if USC has a losing season. :)

JHoward
01-09-2006, 08:00 AM
nuff said.......

And not just Salisbury, everyone that has commented on our game is picking the Pats to beat us. I mean everyone! I live in Houston and as I was listening to the Sporting News radio show this morning the guys say Rod is not a big time receiver, all we have is Rod and Jeb, and one guy says "And you know how I feel about Plummer, he's not gonna win a play off game." Eric Allen, Mike Ditka, all of those suckas. Thet've counted us out fellas.

Denver Native
01-09-2006, 08:22 AM
John Clayton on espn website has a good article, stating that Broncos a bad matchup for Pats defense.

ErnieNovember
01-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Salisbury sucks did you see him rag on that bald dude with the glasses for disagreeing with him about the Patriots.

Pandapeep
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Ol' Woody still loves us though.

Jared
01-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Salisbury sucks did you see him rag on that bald dude with the glasses for disagreeing with him about the Patriots.

Are you referring to John Clayton?

You seriously don't know who John Clayton is?

Elway
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Ol' Woody still loves us though.

Woody gave us some love on 1st & 10. Said the Broncos will win. We beat the Pats earlier. Jake has played well and we are undefeated at home.

Go Woodrow!!! :rockon:

Keith Olbemeyer on ESPN radio is still a tool. Dan mentions that last year 3 away teams lost in the wildcard round, same thing happened this year.

In the division round two teams host opponents they beat during the season same at last year. Last year both teams that won the first match won the second, so Denver and the Colts should win.

Olbemeyer: Well do they have a stat about one teams health, like the Patriots now who are a much different team. :huh:

Save him a spot on the Haters bench

BarkdogRX7
01-09-2006, 01:00 PM
I hate Sean Salsbury (Spelling).......wait has this already been noted? :cheers:

Haha, seriously if ur lookin for media love from anyone for us to beat...well anyone, it is not gon happen. We need to prove em all wrong and then when we win tell em there is no more room on the wagon for those newbz!

We haven't had any serious Media love since #7...and we deserve it, we've been shaky, up and down since Elway, so just silence em and let em ride the Pats and Colts, we'll let our playin do the damn talking! nuff said

broncofan428
01-09-2006, 01:07 PM
All this thread proves and I will say it like tons of others have as well no one respects us however we will earn respect when we beat the Pats this week

Denver Native
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
If you can, turn on AM950the fan right now - Scott Hastings and Alfred Williams - telling why they feel the Broncos will win, plus Shannon Sharpe will be calling in to talk with them today - they are on from 1 - 3, and are really good.

Medford Bronco
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Yes the Patriots are formidable, but lets stop the "NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THE CHAMPS CRAP" These are two excellent teams both playing well. I believe the exta week of preparation for Shanahan will make the difference in a 27-24 thriller!

The Pats are not the same team as last year. Marvin Harrison is not playing and Cory Dillon is definately slower than last year. As long as Jake is careful with the football the Broncos I believe can win a very tight close game.

Referee
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
ANOTHER ESPN TALKING HEAD WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED OFF THE AIR A LONG TIME AGO! NO CREDIBILITY WHATSOEVER. HE WAS A MEDIOCRE QB...

WHY EVEN LISTEN TO HIS VERBAL DIARRHEA???

Great Broncos season. I was in Miami for the first game and I'll be honest... I didn't think they would have this kind of season after game 1.

JUST DO IT FOR BARREL MAN...

LoyalSoldier
01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Woody gave us some love on 1st & 10. Said the Broncos will win. We beat the Pats earlier. Jake has played well and we are undefeated at home.

Go Woodrow!!! :rockon:

Hey Woody said Texas would win so who knows? :)

On PTI they said Denver was the most disrespected team in the playoffs.

SeekandDestroy
01-09-2006, 06:05 PM
he is my least favorite backup quarterback ever!!!

sharp_shepherd
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
nuff said.......
Yeah, he sure changed his opinion in the last few weeks.

TeflonPatriot
01-09-2006, 10:08 PM
nuff said.......

I can understand you guys don't like Salisbury because he knows the Patriots are going to beat Denver this weekend. However he is one of the best experts regardless if you like him or not. He had the best record of all the ESPN experts on the weekly picks (180-76). He also picked all 4 games correctly last weekend. So stop all your whining and accept that he knows what he is doing and until you win a game that matters his evaluation of your team is still accurate.

After the Patriots dispatch of you this weekend you will understand.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
And not just Salisbury, everyone that has commented on our game is picking the Pats to beat us. I mean everyone! I live in Houston and as I was listening to the Sporting News radio show this morning the guys say Rod is not a big time receiver, all we have is Rod and Jeb, and one guy says "And you know how I feel about Plummer, he's not gonna win a play off game." Eric Allen, Mike Ditka, all of those suckas. Thet've counted us out fellas.

Sounds like they know what they are talking about.
Its a easy pick :coffee:

Elway
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Salsbury also picked the Chiefs & Chargers to win the division and / or make the playoffs.

Also stated the Skins would not make the playoffs and then ammended it they won't win the superbowl and they went on a 5 game run to win.

As a side note he doesn't predict the Pats going to the Superbowl either.

He is going with the Panthers vs the Colts.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Sounds like they know what they are talking about.
Its a easy pick :coffee:

*laughs*. You are a joke. You will never show your name around here again when you lose, because you don't have the balls it takes to take your defeat like a man. You will show up if you win, but when you lose... you will never show up again. Just like all the other cowards that came in here and talked their overconfident crap.

I'm betting you haven't been a Patriot fan more than 4 years. I bet you didn't say ONE thing to anyone until Brady came around. Your the typical bandwagon jumper that then claims "I've always been a fan"... yet... feels Soooooo confident that they have to TALK big. Your not one to walk silently and carry a big stick.. because you don't have a big stick. You and your junior high school buds are a joke.

Ravage!!!
01-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Salsbury also picked the Chiefs & Chargers to win the division and / or make the playoffs.

Also stated the Skins would not make the playoffs and then ammended it they won't win the superbowl and they went on a 5 game run to win.

Exactly. Salisbury is a joke and CERTAINLY is not one of the "best" at what he does. He gets out debated by Clayton ALlllllll the time, and the only comeback he has is "how many years did you play in the NFL?" *laughs*

Nice post E..

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 07:14 PM

He picked all 4 games last weekend, did you?
No one picks 100% correctly before the playoffs, get a grip.
No Patriots fans are crying because he picked the Colts like you guys are because he and the majority of the rest of the crew didn't pick Denver.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Exactly. Salisbury is a joke and CERTAINLY is not one of the "best" at what he does. He gets out debated by Clayton ALlllllll the time, and the only comeback he has is "how many years did you play in the NFL?" *laughs*

Nice post E..
Check out the facts chump

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent?week=17&seasontype=2

The Big Dane
01-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Check out the facts chump

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent?week=17&seasontype=2

He is a miserable 8-8 picking Denver games though :D , maybe that's why he hates us. Only Denver loss he predicted that turned out a loss was the KC game, that means he is 1 for 7 predicting Denver losses, which means you have about 13 % chance of winning saturday :D .

Gotta love stats

BarkdogRX7
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Yes the Patriots are formidable, but lets stop the "NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY THE CHAMPS CRAP" These are two excellent teams both playing well. I believe the exta week of preparation for Shanahan will make the difference in a 27-24 thriller!

The Pats are not the same team as last year. Marvin Harrison is not playing and Cory Dillon is definately slower than last year. As long as Jake is careful with the football the Broncos I believe can win a very tight close game.

No offense, but since when has Marvin Harrison played for the Pats, ROFL jus messin and pointin out errors...CP anyone...I got nothing. Don't worry about the Pats fans, they ASSUME they will win every game, but two ass whuppin's in Invesco a year is better than X-Mas for me!

TeflonPatriot
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM

Nice post E..

Once again you have no clue what you are talking about.
Salisbury torched Clayton again on tonight's SportsCenter.

One question was if you needed one coach and one running back to win a big game who would you take?

Clayton: Holmgren and Edgerrin James
Salisbury: Belichick and Alexander

Picks:
Salisbury: Patriots, Carolina, Indy, SEA
Clayton: Think he said all home teams

Ravage!!!
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
so what? what does this prove? your comment and repeating theirs proves nothing, other than you are a complete and total moron.

SACOTFW
01-11-2006, 07:17 PM

One question was if you needed one coach and one running back to win a big game who would you take?

Picks:

Teflon.When have the Patriots ever dominated the Broncos? You guys pulled off a miracle win against us in 2003 when we had 3rd stringer Danny Kannell playing. We ran all over them that night as well. We beat you guys in 01, 02 and 05. The Broncos and Shannahan have the Pats and Belichecks number.

TeflonPatriot
01-11-2006, 07:24 PM
so what? what does this prove? your comment and repeating theirs proves nothing, other than you are a complete and total moron.

As usual no substance and all you can do is resort to name calling again. Based on the intelligence of your posts you are probably about 13 years old. I am sure your mom will comfort you when the Broncos lose. :sad:

TeflonPatriot
01-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Teflon.When have the Patriots ever dominated the Broncos? You guys pulled off a miracle win against us in 2003 when we had 3rd stringer Danny Kannell playing. We ran all over them that night as well. We beat you guys in 01, 02 and 05. The Broncos and Shannahan have the Pats and Belichecks number.

How many of them were playoff games? You know the games that really matter.
Never said they would dominate the Broncos I said they would win by 6.

Pay attention and stop sticking your nose into a gun fight with only a butter knife in your pocket.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2006, 07:38 PM

Picks:

Alright. I'll point out the idiotcy of your post.

You claimed Salisbury "torched" Clayton tonight on SPortsCenter. Then you provide NO proof of such "torching." You think the question you gave (or they gave) is an example of torching?? Two things that could have happened with this question. ONE... they discussed the question before being on the show, thus being sure to have two different answers as to make things interesting. Thats not unusual television. You can't very well have a discussion of interests if everything is the same.

TWO.. Clayton feels that for one game, Holgram and James makes a good combination to have. How is it that Clayton's opinion is somehow torched by Sean's?? Because it matches with yours? Because Clayton's opinion isn't the same as what you believe, and he didn't pick Bill? Bill is a great coach.. but not everyone believes he is the greatest coach. He OBVIOUSLY proved that while in Cleveland... before Brady.

As far as the picks. Is this what you are including in your "torching?" Because I don't see how Sean's picks "torch" anything here. Clayton is smart. He knows that the home field advantage is HUGE in playoffs. Last year, the same number of away games and home games won during the first round of the playoffs. If things follow the pattern, then the home teams will win this game.

So Clayton is picking Denver, Seattle, Chicago, and Indy. You obviously disagree with these picks, thus.... Clayton got "torched".... that's why you are an idiot.

SACOTFW
01-11-2006, 07:56 PM
How many of them were playoff games? You know the games that really matter.
Never said they would dominate the Broncos I said they would win by 6.

Pay attention and stop sticking your nose into a gun fight with only a butter knife in your pocket.

How do the Patriots win by 6? Is Danny Kannell starting for denver in this game. Thats the only way the Pats D will slow down denver. How do you expect to stop the run when your best defenses failed at it?

Plastique
01-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Salisbury is an NFL washout, he spent a few years in the league as a backup and screwed himself by trying to act as his own agent. Somehow he has become a pundit recently but really has little more incite than any other sports 'journalist' that you're going to come across.

I listen to what he has to say if there's nothing else on the tube.... that's about it, I suggest you do the same.