PDA

View Full Version : How can they say NE has been better.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-08-2006, 10:50 PM
TEAM AVERAGES & NFL RANKS
TEAM OFFENSE TM PER GAME AVERAGE
Total Yards NE 352.0
DEN 360.4
Yards Passing NE 257.5
DEN 201.7
Yards Rushing NE 94.5
DEN 158.7
TEAM DFFENSE TM PER GAME AVERAGE
Yards Allowed NE 330.2
DEN 312.9
Pass Yds Allowed NE 231.4
DEN 227.7
Rush Yds Allowed NE 98.8
DEN 85.2

We are better than new england in every facet of the game this season. The only thing they were better was in passing yards a game.

Just look at the stats. But who needs their input, WE Denver fans know who's better.

InBillWeTrust
01-08-2006, 11:15 PM
TEAM AVERAGES & NFL RANKS
TEAM OFFENSE TM PER GAME AVERAGE
Total Yards NE 352.0
DEN 360.4
Yards Passing NE 257.5
DEN 201.7
Yards Rushing NE 94.5
DEN 158.7
TEAM DFFENSE TM PER GAME AVERAGE
Yards Allowed NE 330.2
DEN 312.9
Pass Yds Allowed NE 231.4
DEN 227.7
Rush Yds Allowed NE 98.8
DEN 85.2

We are better than new england in every facet of the game this season. The only thing they were better was in passing yards a game.

Just look at the stats. But who needs their input, WE Denver fans know who's better.

You're right. There is no question the Broncos were the better team in the regular season. But, as I said in another post, the Patriots ALWAYS step it up at least one notch during the playoffs. I didn't know what you were asking exactly: How can they say the Patriots have been better, or how can they say the Patriots are going to win? I don't think anybody can say the Patriots have been better than the Broncos during the season, but have at least some evidence to use when relating them to the upcoming game: B&B's 10-0 record in the playoffs, Brady's less than 1/100 interception ratio, the genius of Bill Belichick, the postseason play of Patriots linebackers, and the incredible run defense the Patriots have in the playoffs. I mean, those are all things you could look at, conceivably.

tnedator
01-09-2006, 06:18 AM
The Pat's came alive in the second half. They got one of the key D linemen back, along with vrabel and Bruschi (proper spelling not required :eek: ).

In the second half of the year they were considered to have one of the most dominant front sevens, and led the league (in the second half) in stopping the run, with something aboud 68 yards per game.

They reworked their secondary by converting corners to safety, or looking at it another way, by putting four corners on the field.

I like the Broncos matchup, but it won't be a repeat of the regular season game with us walking all over them.

LDB
01-09-2006, 07:44 AM
The Pat's came alive in the second half. They got one of the key D linemen back, along with vrabel and Bruschi (proper spelling not required :eek: ).

In the second half of the year they were considered to have one of the most dominant front sevens, and led the league (in the second half) in stopping the run, with something aboud 68 yards per game.

They reworked their secondary by converting corners to safety, or looking at it another way, by putting four corners on the field.

I like the Broncos matchup, but it won't be a repeat of the regular season game with us walking all over them.

The Pats came alive because they played against poor teams in the second half. Yes, they did get better defensively (especially their front 7). But the Pats would be advised to pay attention to the Jags. They, too, sailed into the playoffs by beating bad teams.

oldrover
01-09-2006, 08:40 AM
The Pats improved greatly in the second half, especially against the run. However, their only wins against .500+ teams since midseason have been Tampa and Jax, now both gone. I think it'll come down to whether Plummer can beat them.

jck19622
01-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Rosevelt Colvin and Willie McGinest are in the top 30 sack leaders in the AFC,16 and 23rd respectivley with 13 combined sacks, most were in the past 6 weeks,not one Bronco D-linemen was on the list,Tom Brady is a better QB than Plummer,not just because he has the most passing yards or 3rd MVP but what he has accomplished with his once injury ridden team, the Patriots D-line shut down,Willis McGahee,(5)Ricky Williams(16)Curtis Martin(17) all top 30 running backs, our weak secondary that you say the Brocos walked all over are ine the top 20 leaders in interceprions,Mike Vrabel is number 16 in the AFC for tackles,not one Denver player was listed,Corey Dillion is 4th in the AFC with 13 TDs, and one final stat for ya,Palmers record for playoff games is as follows he lost 2 and won 1, he threw 7 interceptions vrs 5 touchdowns, Brady has won 10 playoff games.hey anything can happen Saturday but I don't think its going to be a walk in the park like alot of people here think.

Not Better in all catagories but impressive considering all of the injuries and the toughest first half schedule in the AFC.

jck19622
01-09-2006, 09:30 AM
The Pats improved greatly in the second half, especially against the run. However, their only wins against .500+ teams since midseason have been Tampa and Jax, now both gone. I think it'll come down to whether Plummer can beat them.

Not only did they beat them but they only allowed a field goal between the 2 .500+ teams and scored 28 points in each game,they basically shut both teams down.

InBillWeTrust
01-09-2006, 11:12 AM
The Pats came alive because they played against poor teams in the second half. Yes, they did get better defensively (especially their front 7). But the Pats would be advised to pay attention to the Jags. They, too, sailed into the playoffs by beating bad teams.

Yep, we did play poor teams. But, our most convincing wins at that time came against two playoff teams, for what that's worth. :)

sammie1
01-09-2006, 01:17 PM
The Patriots are better because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, who are better than Plummer and Shanahan. Belichick and Shanahan probably aren't that far apart (although I would give BB the edge) but Brady is light years ahead of Jake.

BroncoManiac_69
01-09-2006, 01:24 PM

It was no secret that the Pats had injury problems in the first half of the season and their record showed it. They went 4-4 first half. Once they got most of their starters back in the line up they went 6-2 second half. They fought their way back and I respect them for that.

We are going to see two exellent teams at the top of their game duke it out this weekend. The edge has to go to the Broncos because of the home game status. And I do agree that a huge factor will be Jake's play.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Man, look at all the Pats trolls stopping by now...

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Man, look at all the Pats trolls stopping by now...
I know :eek: It'll be nice after we win this weekend, our board will get back to normal.

It's pretty bad when some NE posters make PatriotsRuleYou look smart! :cheers:

rka
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
The Patriots are better because they have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick, who are better than Plummer and Shanahan. Belichick and Shanahan probably aren't that far apart (although I would give BB the edge) but Brady is light years ahead of Jake.

That would actually count for something if the Pats Offense was on the field at the same time as the Broncos Offense. But they're not. The question is not whether Tom Brady (*genuflect* All Praise His Goodliness) is better than Jake Plummer, the question is if the Pats Offense (on the road in Denver) is better than the Broncos Defense (at home).

Because the Pats Defense really doesn't scare me all that much. The Broncos Offense should get their points. Can the Patriots get theirs?

Broncos Offense vs Pats D - who's better?
Broncos Defense vs Pats O - who's better?
Special Teams vs Special Teams - who's better?
Home Team vs Road Team - who's better?
1st Round Bye vs No-Bye - who's better?

Elway
01-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes The Pats closed out the season with 2 wins over the Jets, A win over the Bills, A loss to Miami.

Denver has only had the week off after going undefeated at home. If people think we will roll over like the Jags becuase a few 'star' players are back, they need to re-adjust that thinking real quink.

The Broncos know the score... they are just waiting around the corner with a big whooping stick in each hand... so NE can soak up the "No respect" bright lights and media bias... there about to be jacked a mile high. :rockon: