PDA

View Full Version : Broncos a bad matchup for Pats defense By John Clayton

DURANGO BRONCO
01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Broncos a bad matchup for Pats defenseBy John Clayton
ESPN.com
Archive

Here are five things to look for in next weekend's AFC divisional-round games:

New England Patriots at Denver Broncos (Saturday, Jan. 14, 8 p.m. ET)
1. Would you believe the NFL's best run defense in the second half of the season was the Patriots? It's true and that defense will get a great test against the Broncos. The Patriots gave up only 68.6 yards a game rushing in the second half of the season. In the first eight games, the Patriots were gashed for 128.8 yards a game. During that time, they were without defensive end Richard Seymour -- a disruptive force along the line -- for four games because of a knee injury. It also helped getting Tedy Bruschi back although he missed Saturday's playoff game against the Jaguars with a calf injury. Probably just as significant was that nose tackle Vince Wilfork improved in the second half of the season. Earlier in the year, Wilfork was being pushed back with one blocker in a lot of instances. Of course, a lot of the Patriots' second-half success stopping the run came at the expense of their weaker AFC East rivals. The Jets and Bills couldn't do anything against the Patriots in the four games in the second half. The Patriots come into the game with a lot of confidence, but they still have some fundamental problems.

Inside Patriots-Broncos
X-factor: The Patriots. Are they back to being a Super Bowl-caliber team or did the schedule just make them a playoff team that could be eliminated in this round? They have improved in defending the run. They have one of the most dangerous passing games in football. Tom Brady continues to work his magic through the air. But how good are they?
X-and-O factor: Jake Plummer seems to have overcome his problems against 3-4 defenses, but Bill Belichick will look through all the tape to see if he can keep Plummer in the pocket. In the past, Plummer had horrible days against 3-4 schemes that restricted him to being just a pocket passer. In the pocket, Plummer was a 50-percent passer in past years. Now, he's better, but Belichick will see what schemes might cause him problems. That's what he does the best.

Rx factor (health): The Broncos are healthy coming off the bye. They will have Darrent Williams back at cornerback. He's been fighting a high ankle sprain. The Patriots didn't play Tedy Bruschi against Jacksonville but he should be available next weekend. Naturally, Belichick will keep everyone guessing about Bruschi's status all week.

Numbers cruncher: Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel had a tough season for the Patriots. According to Stats Inc, Samuel has been beaten for 49 completions for 830 yards, the sixth-highest yardage total in the league this year.

The Patriots will win if: They keep Plummer in the pocket and minimize the impact of the Broncos' consistent running game. Belichick's strength is taking away one part of a team's offense. In the last meeting, he couldn't stop any aspect of the Broncos game and fell behind 28-3. The Patriots were at their worst when they met in October. This has to be a different game.

The Broncos will win if: They copy the formula that beat the Patriots earlier this year. They need to break long runs and throw some long passes to Ashley Lelie and Rod Smith. The key is jumping out to a big lead and forcing Tom Brady to throw the ball all day.
-- John Clayton

2. The Broncos matchup is a bad one for the Patriots, who lost in Denver 28-20 on Oct. 16. It's a bad matchup for two reasons. First, the Broncos running game will be hard for the Patriots to stop. The Broncos gained 178 yards on the Patriots on 34 carries, and they gashed the Patriots for long runs. Center Tom Nalen will be a tough challenge for Wilfork. Plus, Tatum Bell has the speed and power to burn them again. In many ways, Bell is the most dangerous runner for the Patriots to stop. As long as he doesn't dance at the line of scrimmage, he can hit the holes with speed and power. This is why the Patriots will need Bruschi's experience at inside linebacker. The combo of Mike Vrabel and Monty Beisel will have a hard time preventing Bell from ripping big runs through the middle of the defense. Mike Shanahan will start Mike Anderson but Bell will see a lot of action.

The other reason the Broncos are a tough matchup is that they can get the ball deep. Ashley Lelie is a deep threat and he's big. Rod Smith got deep on the Patriots, and before long, the Broncos led in the first game, 28-3. That game was never in question. With six New England defensive backs out for the season, the secondary is vulnerable to teams with the ability to get the ball deep. Jake Plummer will scramble to buy time for those long attempts.

3. Corey Dillon's injuries have made the Patriots' rushing attack inconsistent all season. Dillon missed a decent amount of the Jaguars game and the running offense was bailed out by Kevin Faulk, who is effective as a runner and a pass catcher. The Patriots averaged only 94.5 rushing yards a game and a mere 3.4 yards a carry. The Patriots had only five regular season games in which they had more than 100 rushing yards as a team. In many ways, the Patriots' offense is closer to the first two Super Bowl teams than last year's. Dillon could be counted on getting 100 yards individually in 2004. It's become a Tom Brady offense with limited support from the running game. Few defenses have frustrated Brady this season, but for this game, the Patriots need Dillon. Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer does a nice job designing zone blitz schemes but sometimes relies on them too much. The best way to beat a zone-blitzing team is to run, which his why the Patriots need much, much more from Dillon or Faulk.

4. The Broncos move to acquire four former members of the Cleveland Browns' defensive line improved the depth and the defensive fortunes of the Broncos, but it didn't do much for the pass rush. The Broncos had only 28 sacks as a team, including only 10 sacks by Cleveland castoffs Ebenezer Ekuban, Courtney Brown, Michael Myers and Gerard Warren. Last year, the Broncos had 38 sacks, including 10 by departed defensive end Reggie Hayward. The most dangerous player on the line is defensive end Trevor Pryce, who surprisingly had only four sacks. Pryce should be able to dominate Patriots left tackle Nick Kaczur, a rookie. Pryce is physical and quick. He can beat a blocker with power or speed. Well rested because of the bye week, Pryce could be extra dangerous. The Patriots will probably have to put a tight end on Kaczur's side to help block Pryce. If not, Brady could be forced into making some quick throws and potentially some mistakes. Watch for Pryce to be a big factor in the game.

5. With the extra week to prepare, it will be interesting to see what new things Mike Shanahan comes up with to try against the Patriots' defense. It wouldn't be surprising if he uses his tight ends -- Jeb Putzier and Stephen Alexander -- to test the coverage ability of the Patriots' safeties. The Patriots' defense hasn't been the same without Rodney Harrison, who was one of the main leaders of the defense. Eugene Wilson does a good job in coverage, and he is physical. Because of the injuries, the Patriots have been converting other cornerbacks into safeties. They've done that with Artrell Hawkins. While Hawkins is known for his coverage, Shanahan could try to test his ability to make tackles down field against Putzier and Alexander. The Patriots are one of the few teams in the NFL that has gone "four corners." Because of their injuries, they've had no choice. That may help in some coverage matchups but it hurts in tackling. If running plays get into the secondary, they could result in longer runs. If the corners-turned safeties don't matchup against the tight ends, that's a problem. We'll see if Shanahan will try to test that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2285190

AsianOrange
01-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I usually like what the professor gives us, I'm not too sure if the 3-4 was that big of a deal.

I think the Broncos should concentrate on shoving the ball down their throat and see what happens then.

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Good read Durango? That's the first time I've seen someone question if the Pats are that good, or if they benefitted from a weak division.

I would LOVE to see Pryce get a sack or two, or three :D

And while our sack count is low, there is a reason we have 20 INTs on the year. We are forcing the QB's to throw in a hurry.

BroncosorBust
01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Check out this read

ESPN Insider Broncos versus Pats ( http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=10406)

"Chat: Scouts, Inc. on Patriots vs. Broncos

Welcome to The Show! On Monday, the experts from Scouts Inc. will drop by to preview all four NFL divisional playoff games!
This weekend, the New England Patriots will travel to Denver to face the Broncos in the divisional round of the playoffs. Jeremy Green will be here at Noon ET to break down this matchup and take your questions and comments.

Below is the chat schedule for all four playoff games. Send in your questions now and join the experts on Monday for all the answers!

NOON ET -- Patriots at Broncos with Jeremy Green

12:30 ET -- Steelers at Colts with Steve Meunch

1 ET -- Panthers at Bears with Matt Williamson

1:30 ET -- Redskins at Seahawks with Matt Williamson

Jeremy Green: (12:01 PM ET ) Hey everyone, lets get started with this AFC Divisional rematch matchup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott, Santa Clara CA: At 13-3 with the division crown and a home playoff game, and already a previous victory over the patriots, why is no one even giving them a chance against Tom Brady and the patriots?

Jeremy Green: (12:03 PM ET ) The Broncos are one of the most disrespected 13-3 teams in recent memory. I think the big reason people are not giving them a chance is they think Belichick will out-coach Shanhan this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G - Denver, CO: Will Jake continue his mistake free play against the Pats?

Jeremy Green: (12:04 PM ET ) Yes. He has been under control all season. To stay mistake free they must be able to run the ball though. I think they will be able to do that with Bell this week. Bell's ability to turn the corner should cause problems for a Patriot defense that is more physical than fast.

Daniel (Greenville, NC): Do you think the Broncos pass rush will put a lot of pressure on New England's passing game?

Jeremy Green: (12:05 PM ET ) No, they have not been able to generate a consistent rush all season. I don't think they need one though because they are excellent in the back end. They have the best starting LB group in the NFL. Those guys will be able to drop and take away some of their underneath routes. I like the corners led by Bailey. I think they will cause problems for the Pats pass offense.

Randall (Canterbury, CT): What do you think the Patriots can do to rattle Plumber into being his old, self-destructive self and not the consistantly good quaterback hes been most of the year (especially against the Pats earlier this season)?

Jeremy Green: (12:06 PM ET ) They will need to bring pressure off the edge like they did last week with McGinest and Colvin. Plummer likes to get outside the pocket, so an outside rush will force him to step into the pocket where he is not as comfortable.

Chuck (Kansas City): Jeremy - who you have winning this game and why?

Jeremy Green: (12:08 PM ET ) Denver gets very little respect and I think they will play with a bit of a chip on their shoulder this week I am taking Denver. I think they will be able to run the ball with Tatum Bell this week. That will open up Plummer and the passing game. I still have concerns with the Pats secondary and I think the vertical abilities of Smith and Lelie will give the Pats secondary problems.

David (Providence R.I.): The Patriots match up with the Broncos favors the Pats .In the first game this year there was no Dillon,Seymore,Brusci,Faulk and we had players like D.Starks at corner .The improved Pats run defense will force the broncos to go to the air and put the pressure on Plummber ,Can he handle doing what they haven't asked him to do all year....?

Jeremy Green: (12:10 PM ET ) Yes, because the Pats secondary is not very good. Sure they played well last week, but Jacksonville has as marginal, unsophisticated pass offense and this played right into the Pats hands. This is why they stumbled all over themselves vs. Miami so they could get the Jags who they matched up very well against.

Ian (Bangor, ME): Will the Pats' running game be able to step it up and take some pressure off Brady, or will he have to carry the offense?

Jeremy Green: (12:11 PM ET ) I think it will be Brady in the shotgun throwing a lot this week. To establish their run though, they need to get Ben Watson involved early down the middle of the field. If he can make some plays down the middle it will prevent John lynch from crowding the LOS and should open their run game a little bit.

Jordan (Rochester, NY): What is the key thing that Denver needs to do in order to win this football game?

Jeremy Green: (12:13 PM ET ) Something that nobody has done in the past 4-6 weeks - run the ball effectively early. This will open up their play action passing game and should result in some big plays down the field to Rod Smith.

tjed (Hartford): Jeremy, you're kidding me! You are that dumb to thing the Patriots gave up the game against Miami to play Jacksonville! You're an IDIOT!

Jeremy Green: (12:14 PM ET ) No I don;t think so. Everyone inculding Cincinnati tried to throw up on themselves to get to Jacksonville in the first round... and for good reason - they played awful on Saturday night.

mike (quincy, ma): Do you think Daniel Graham will play a big role in this game? He is a much better blocker than Watson

Jeremy Green: (12:15 PM ET ) I think Watson will play a bigger role, especially in the passing game. He needs to have a big game to keep those Denver safeties from loading up in the box to take Dillon away.

Bill (Boston): You can throw out their last meeting, but do the Patriots have the personnel in order to clog up them middle and also keep Plummer in the pocket?

Jeremy Green: (12:16 PM ET ) Yes, they do and they need to do that. THey have to very good rush LB's in McGinest and Colvin that can get up the field. ROT George Foster will be in the spotlight more than anyone on the line this week after the game McGinest had last week.

greg(titletown): Do you think that Plummer has the ability to exploit Hobbs and Samuel? I just don't see it. I mean, were the Patriots corners any better last year?

Jeremy Green: (12:18 PM ET ) Jacksonville has bigger receivers that run shorter to intermeidate routes. I think where the Pats corners can get in trouble is when Denver goes vertical and Smith and even Lelie (though he is inconsistent) have enough speed to put a lot of pressure on the Pats secondary. Keep in mind also, them getting verticval will open up the underneath for Putzier who is a solid pass catching TE.

Derek (NORESPECTSVILLE): Give this team credit. I will play the no respect card AGAIN.....just when you think the Pats are forced in a corner, they will surprise. You and every other Pats hater will see come Saturday night. I hope every scribe picks against them that just the motivation they need. Why don't you just say that Corey Dillon sucks so he can go off Saturday night......

Jeremy Green: (12:19 PM ET ) First of all I don't hate any team. If I pick Denver why do I have to be a Pat hater?

Jason (boston): Do you think this will be a low scoring defense controlled game or will the offenses prevail?

Jeremy Green: (12:21 PM ET ) I see an offensive game. I think New England is going to struggle on defense because of the versatility of the Denver offense. This will force New England to try to turn this game into a shootout.

mike (holyoke): how has jake done in past playoffs?

Jeremy Green: (12:22 PM ET ) Not very well, but the same could be said - how has Jake done in the regualr season? He has had his best NFL season by far and I expect that he will continue on that track. "

BroncosorBust
01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Continued

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Barnes (Denver): Not to get in a debate, but over 80% of all sports sites I have been to have picked the Pats? Jeremy besides the Pats being Defending Champs, why are they getting all of the "experts" backing from the media?

Jeremy Green: (12:23 PM ET ) Because of Belichick and I will give him his due. There is no coach in the NFL I would rather have on the sidelines in a week to week scenario like the playoffs. He is exxcellent at making adjustments from week to week and during the course of the game.

Joey (Denver): Jeremy, how big a factor do you think Lelie will be? With focus on Smith, I believe he'll be crucial. He has been much more involved in the intermediate passing game of late and more of an option on routes, it's made a difference late in the year. Do you see Lelie as a big factor?

Jeremy Green: (12:25 PM ET ) I think he is the "X" factor for the Denver offense. New England will focus the majority of their attention on the run game and Smith. This should give Lelie some 1x1 opportunities this week where he can use his size and speed to play a key role.

John (Boston): Do the Broncos have enough depth at corner to cover Branch, Givens, Brown, Johnson, Davis, Dwight, and Watson? I don't think any 'backer can cover their TE's, and corners can't match up against their size. With no pass rush and the Pats receiving depth, won't this be a big advantage?

Jeremy Green: (12:28 PM ET ) Denver has some good players at Corner but they are young. The obviously have Champ, but Williams and Foxworth have had excellent seasons. John, I normally agree with you but I have to disagree with their LB's. Denver has the most athletic LB group in the NFL with Wilson, Williams and Gold. Williams and Gold especially are capable of covering any TE on the Pats roster.

Mike (Brookline): How can you not pick the Pats in this one? The last time these two teams played, Denver was playing the Patriots' 2nd string Defense. Teams CANNOT run on the Pats anymore so it will be up to Jake the Snake to win it...which I think plays right into the Pats' hands...

Jeremy Green: (12:30 PM ET ) No, one dimensional teams could not run vs. the Pats down the stretch - Jets, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Jets again, Miami and Jacksonville. All teams with sub-par passing attacks so they were able to load up on the run. Denver will be the most versatile team they have played since Kansas City way back in Week 12.

Jeremy Green: (12:32 PM ET ) I am out of here. I an staying with Denver. The Pats have not been tested since the Chiefs game and they will be tested this week. Denver's offense will carry the day and move on. "

Jared
01-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Already posted.

Please use the search function.

BigBull17
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Denver is a bad match up for any team. They are the most well rounded and overall most proven team. It will be a great game but they should hold on. Good luck Vs Pittsberg Broncos.

rcsodak
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Already posted.

Please use the search function.
....meany...... :heh:

T140
01-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Rx factor (health): The Broncos are healthy coming off the bye. They will have Darrent Williams back at cornerback. He's been fighting a high ankle sprain

...wait, is the groin part of the ankle??? I was pretty sure Darrent was injured in the groin area... right?

rcsodak
01-09-2006, 02:21 PM
...wait, is the groin part of the ankle??? I was pretty sure Darrent was injured in the groin area... right?
Well, when you're as skinny as Clayton is........... :D

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 03:14 AM
From: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2285190

Five Things:
1. Would you believe the NFL's best run defense in the second half of the season was the Patriots? It's true, and that defense will get a great test against the Broncos. The Patriots gave up only 68.6 rushing yards per game in the second half of the season. In the first eight games, the Patriots were gashed for 128.8 yards a game. During that time, they were without defensive end Richard Seymour -- a disruptive force along the line -- for four games because of a knee injury. It also helped getting Tedy Bruschi back, although he missed Saturday's playoff game against the Jaguars with a calf injury. Probably just as significant was that nose tackle Vince Wilfork improved in the second half of the season. Earlier in the year, Wilfork was being pushed back with one blocker in a lot of instances. Of course, a lot of the Patriots' second-half success stopping the run came at the expense of their weaker AFC East rivals. The Jets and Bills couldn't do anything against the Patriots in the four games in the second half. The Patriots come into the game with a lot of confidence, but they still have some fundamental problems.

2. The Broncos matchup is a bad one for the Patriots, who lost in Denver 28-20 on Oct. 16. It's a bad matchup for two reasons. First, the Broncos' running game will be hard for the Patriots to stop. The Broncos gained 178 yards on the Patriots on 34 carries, and they gashed the Patriots for long runs. Center Tom Nalen will be a tough challenge for Wilfork. Plus, Tatum Bell has the speed and power to burn them again. In many ways, Bell is the most dangerous runner for the Patriots to stop. As long as he doesn't dance at the line of scrimmage, he can hit holes with speed and power. This is why the Patriots will need Bruschi's experience at inside linebacker. The combo of Mike Vrabel and Monty Beisel will have a hard time preventing Bell from ripping big runs through the middle of the defense. Mike Shanahan will start Mike Anderson, but Bell will see a lot of action.

The other reason the Broncos are a tough matchup is because they can get the ball deep. Ashley Lelie is a deep threat and he's big. Rod Smith got deep on the Patriots, and before long, the Broncos led 28-3 in the first game. With six New England defensive backs out for the season, the secondary is vulnerable to teams with the ability to get the ball deep. Jake Plummer will scramble to buy time for those long attempts.

3. Corey Dillon's injuries have made the Patriots' rushing attack inconsistent all season. Dillon missed a decent amount of the Jaguars game, and the running offense was bailed out by Kevin Faulk, who is effective as a runner and a pass catcher. The Patriots averaged only 94.5 rushing yards per game and a mere 3.4 yards per carry. The Patriots had only five regular-season games in which they had more than 100 rushing yards as a team. In many ways, the Patriots' offense is closer to the first two Super Bowl teams than last year's. Dillon could be counted on getting 100 yards individually in 2004. It's become a Tom Brady offense, with limited support from the running game. Few defenses have frustrated Brady this season, but for this game, the Patriots need Dillon. Broncos defensive coordinator Larry Coyer does a nice job designing zone-blitz schemes but sometimes relies on them too much. The best way to beat a zone-blitzing team is to run, which his why the Patriots need much, much more from Dillon or Faulk.

4. The Broncos' acquisition of four former members of the Cleveland Browns' defensive line improved the depth and the defensive fortunes of the Broncos, but it didn't do much for the pass rush. The Broncos had only 28 sacks as a team, including only 10 sacks by Cleveland castoffs Ebenezer Ekuban, Courtney Brown, Michael Myers and Gerard Warren. Last year, the Broncos had 38 sacks, including 10 by departed defensive end Reggie Hayward. The most dangerous player on the line is defensive end Trevor Pryce, who surprisingly had only four sacks. Pryce should be able to dominate Patriots rookie left tackle Nick Kaczur. Pryce is physical and quick. He can beat a blocker with power or speed. Well-rested because of the bye week, Pryce could be extra dangerous. The Patriots will probably have to put a tight end on Kaczur's side to help block Pryce. If not, Brady could be forced into making some quick throws and potentially some mistakes. Watch for Pryce to be a big factor in the game.

5. With the extra week to prepare, it will be interesting to see what new things Mike Shanahan comes up with to try against the Patriots' defense. It wouldn't be surprising if he uses his tight ends -- Jeb Putzier and Stephen Alexander -- to test the coverage ability of the Patriots' safeties. The Patriots' defense hasn't been the same without Rodney Harrison, who was one of the main leaders of the defense. Eugene Wilson does a good job in coverage, and he is physical. Because of the injuries, the Patriots have been converting other cornerbacks into safeties like Artrell Hawkins. While Hawkins is known for his coverage, Shanahan could try to test his ability to make tackles down field against Putzier and Alexander. The Patriots are one of the few teams in the NFL that has gone "four corners." Because of their injuries, they've had no choice. That may help in some coverage matchups, but it hurts in tackling. If running plays get into the secondary, they could result in longer runs. If the corners-turned-safeties don't match up against the tight ends, that's a problem. We'll see if Shanahan will try to test that.

Inside Patriots-Broncos
X-factor: The Patriots. Are they back to being a Super Bowl-caliber team or did the schedule just make them a playoff team that could be eliminated in this round? They have improved in defending the run. They have one of the most dangerous passing games in football. Tom Brady continues to work his magic through the air. But how good are they?

X-and-O factor: Jake Plummer seems to have overcome his problems against 3-4 defenses, but Bill Belichick will look through all the tape to see if he can keep Plummer in the pocket. In the past, Plummer had horrible days against 3-4 schemes that restricted him to being just a pocket passer. In the pocket, Plummer was a 50 percent passer in past years. Now, he's better, but Belichick will see what schemes might cause him problems. That's what he does the best.

Rx factor (health): The Broncos are healthy coming off the bye. They will have Darrent Williams back at cornerback. He's been fighting a high ankle sprain. The Patriots didn't play Tedy Bruschi against Jacksonville but he should be available next weekend. Naturally, Belichick will keep everyone guessing about Bruschi's status all week.

Numbers cruncher: Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel had a tough season for the Patriots. According to Stats Inc, Samuel has been beaten for 49 completions for 830 yards, the sixth- highest yardage total in the league this year.

The Patriots will win if: They keep Plummer in the pocket and minimize the impact of the Broncos' consistent running game. Belichick's strength is taking away one part of a team's offense. In the last meeting, he couldn't stop any aspect of the Broncos' game and fell behind 28-3. The Patriots were at their worst when they met in October. This has to be a different game.

The Broncos will win if: They copy the formula that beat the Patriots earlier this year. They need to break long runs and throw some long passes to Ashley Lelie and Rod Smith. The key is jumping out to a big lead and forcing Tom Brady to throw the ball all day.
-- John Clayton

rogue719
01-10-2006, 04:07 AM
I found this headline this morning when i got up. I didn't see it anywhere on the forum so thought I would post it here.

Why the Broncos are a bad matchup for the Pats (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2285190&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 04:30 AM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=51307

Mods: please merge ;)

bcbronc
01-10-2006, 05:03 AM
good read. i cant wait. maybe if we all concentrate really, really hard we can somehow fast forward this week right to saturday.

BroncosorBust
01-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Try this thread from yesterday if you want to merge things

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=51186

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 06:16 AM
LMAO... ouch.

donovan
01-10-2006, 08:47 AM
i think this match will be more difficult than the last played...
the pats are again alive and brady could be a killer for us, a very good QB, but

we have WILSON, BAILEY, LYNCH, PRYCE, and i hope the D will win this macth :D

Jared
01-10-2006, 08:49 AM
merged.

Please use the search function. Chances are you are not the first to post a specific article.

Mile High Jedi
01-10-2006, 11:56 AM
interesting read.

One thing that always annoys me about the Pass Rush analysis is that it tends to be based entirely on the number of sacks.

Clayton's quick to point out that even though the re-vamped D-Line from Cleveland has helped the Broncos Defense overall, they don't have the sacks to validate an effective Pass Rush.

Nevermind that this line manages to put signifficant pressure on the opposing QB on almost EVERY PLAY, forcing them into short passes or throwing the ball away entirely. Sure the play's busted, but the D-Line didn't get the SACK- and that's all that counts.