PDA

View Full Version : We are in for a fight

lcsj
01-09-2006, 10:48 AM
:beer: I hope everybody is ready for a nailbiting on the edge of your seat game. The fact that we have already beaten NE at home is a big factor in this game. They are going to come back for revenge, they always do. Hopefully we can stop them. NE is a healthier team now and they are playing on adrenaline. They know are offense and our defense unless Shanahan has some new tricks up his sleeves. Well heres to the broncos and hopefully our 12th man will be out there in full effect. Go Broncos!!!!!

SSBRONCS
01-09-2006, 11:23 AM
i don't think it will be a blow out either. this will be a tough game but that's what makes some of these games instant classics. :beer:

oldrover
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Belichick, since 2001, when facing a team for the second time... that BEAT him the first time... is 6-0. Not the be all and end all, of course, but still a telling stat.

VADER72
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Good lord I am sick of hearing how they have beat teams that beat them the first time. Tired of hearing how they have won 10 playoff games in a row. Last I checked, that was the past. Stop dwelling on what you have done in the past. Denver is not going to just role over and die at home from the fear that Brian and Brady have beat teams the second time etc etc.

InBillWeTrust
01-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Good lord I am sick of hearing how they have beat teams that beat them the first time. Tired of hearing how they have won 10 playoff games in a row. Last I checked, that was the past. Stop dwelling on what you have done in the past. Denver is not going to just role over and die at home from the fear that Brian and Brady have beat teams the second time etc etc.

Who's Brian? :)

You're right...you can't look at the past. If that is understood, then the fact that Denver beat New England in week 6 shouldn't be brought up either.

However, I don't think you can ignore the Patriots playoff "past." It is not a question of what they have done in the past, but rather a trait that belongs to Patriot teams under Bill Belichick.

**OrangeTerp**
01-09-2006, 12:38 PM

Hahaha .......... :D

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Would you believe the NFL's best run defense in the second half of the season was the Patriots? It's true and that defense will get a great test against the Broncos. The Patriots gave up only 68.6 yards a game rushing in the second half of the season.

pikman
01-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Would you believe the NFL's best run defense in the second half of the season was the Patriots? It's true and that defense will get a great test against the Broncos. The Patriots gave up only 68.6 yards a game rushing in the second half of the season.

Please see every other thread that points out WHO the Patriots played to earn that ranking.

LDB
01-09-2006, 12:44 PM

How was the pass defense? :coffee:

InBillWeTrust
01-09-2006, 12:52 PM

Actually, the Patriots and Broncos had just about equal pass defense in terms of stats. Denver was ranked 29th, and New England was ranked 31st, with a difference of less than 4 yards per game allowed. Denver's completion percentage against them was 56.1% and New England's was 56.2%. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teampass&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2005&season=2

LDB
01-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Actually, the Patriots and Broncos had just about equal pass defense in terms of stats. Denver was ranked 29th, and New England was ranked 31st, with a difference of less than 4 yards per game allowed. Denver's completion percentage against them was 56.1% and New England's was 56.2%. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teampass&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2005&season=2

Denver faced more passes than New England...so it stands to reason that they would have more pass yards against. Nice try...and New England still ranked below Denver, right? Even though they faced fewer attempts, right?

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 12:56 PM

Now you're getting it LDB...any insults for me like on the other post? Now you are starting to recognize a weakness. It's not the Run D. You can debate who we played all you want. Fact is, those who can stop the run weren't playing weeks 1-8.

LDB
01-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Now you're getting it LDB...any insults for me like on the other post? Now you are starting to recognize a weakness. It's not the Run D. You can debate who we played all you want. Fact is, those who can stop the run weren't playing weeks 1-8.

Here you go...

NY Jets...30th ranked rushing offense in the league.
Buffalo...20th ranked rushing offense in the league.
TB...14th ranked rushing offense in the league.
Miami...12th ranked rushing offense in the league.
Saints...18th ranked """""
KC....4th ranked (but you got owned by them)

Tell me again the dominant rushing teams you have faced since KC? :coffee:

VADER72
01-09-2006, 01:12 PM

You're right...you can't look at the past. If that is understood, then the fact that Denver beat New England in week 6 shouldn't be brought up either.

However, I don't think you can ignore the Patriots playoff "past." It is not a question of what they have done in the past, but rather a trait that belongs to Patriot teams under Bill Belichick.

LOL, sorry meant Bill. LMAO.

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Here you go...

NY Jets...2nd to last rushing offense in the league.
Buffalo...20th ranked rushing offense in the league.
TB...14th ranked rushing offense in the league.
Miami...12th ranked rushing offense in the league.
Saints...18th ranked """""
KC....4th ranked (but you got owned by them)

Tell me again the dominant rushing teams you have faced since KC? :coffee:

You make it sound like our run defense got rocked by KC. You make it sound like the did the "Tiki Barber" on us and ran for 220 yards. Our offense and our secondary lost that game. Look to see who started...no one. Injuries. Pats were very 1 dimensional on offense and our secondary was scorched b/c of inexperience.

KC rushed for more yards Vs. Denver the last time they met than they did against NE.

LDB
01-09-2006, 01:18 PM
You make it sound like our run defense got rocked by KC. You make it sound like the did the "Tiki Barber" on us and ran for 220 yards. Our offense and our secondary lost that game. Look to see who started...no one. Injuries. Pats were very 1 dimensional on offense and our secondary was scorched b/c of inexperience.

Excuses...excuses...excuses... :coffee: You said 2nd half of the season...that was during the second half of the season.

Granted Johnson didn't gash you for 200+, but he did get over a hundred. And why rush him when Green was owning you through the air?

No comments about the rest of the second half schedule? I don't blame you...can't really argue against the facts. But come on lets keep talking about that amazing 2nd half run stopping defense.

Bronco_Buster
01-09-2006, 01:23 PM
The bottom line is this... Plummers little play action bootleg is his only hope because Shannahan knows he needs to buy an extra 3 to 4 seconds for Jake to get out from behind the lines and scan the field for receivers coming back to the ball. If he's contained to the pocket than he's the old Jake forcing balls out into coverage. IF (big IF) NE can neutralize the run and therfore negate the play action threat, than Denver has absolutely no shot. If Jake can sucessfully sell the run fake and roll out and hit receiver s 7 to 8 sconds after the snap than NE has no prayer. I feel it's as saimple as that. So the Bronocs better hope they can snapp off those big runs against Seymore, Bruschi and Vrabel like they did against Green, Beisel and Chad Brown...

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Excuses...excuses...excuses... :coffee: You said 2nd half of the season...that was during the second half of the season.

Granted Johnson didn't gash you for 200+, but he did get over a hundred. And why rush him when Green was owning you through the air?

No comments about the rest of the second half schedule? I don't blame you...can't really argue against the facts. But come on lets keep talking about that amazing 2nd half run stopping defense.

KC rushed for more yards Vs. Denver the last time they met than they did against NE.

Hows that for facts

LDB
01-09-2006, 01:32 PM

Hows that for facts

Hmmm...were we arguing facts about Denver's defense? Nope. So, naturally you try to go into damage prevention mode and make this less about New England and more about Denver, right? Pathetic.

Argue how your vaunted rush defense has done so well against teams with such rushing machines like the Jets, Bills, Buccs, and Dolphins. That was your point, the one that I am disputing, right?

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Hmmm...were we arguing facts about Denver's defense? Nope. So, naturally you try to go into damage prevention mode and make this less about New England and more about Denver, right? Pathetic.

Argue how your vaunted rush defense has done so well against teams with such rushing machines like the Jets, Bills, Buccs, and Dolphins. That was your point, the one that I am disputing, right?

Ok chief...I think Denver played the same teams the last 8 games with the exception of Baltimore and Dallas.

LDB
01-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Ok chief...I think Denver played the same teams the last 8 games with the exception of Baltimore and Dallas.

Again, the whole topic has to do with New England having the best run defense in the second half of the season. Nowhere in this was Denver ever discussed. You tried to make a point and can't do it. New England has had a good run defense over the last half of the season...but against teams like the Jets, Bills, Buccs, and Dolphins, is that such a bragging point?

This argument isn't about Denver. You wanted to talk NE run defense...that is what we are discussing.

shasta
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Funny because the Steeler fans didn't want to hear about how the Pats don't lose to the same team twice during last years playoffs either. All they wanted to do was talk about how bad they beat the Pats on Halloween, without Dillon, Seymour, Faulk and givens by the way. Sorry Donks fans are sick of hearing that this is not the same Patriots team they beat earlier in the year but the fact is it's not, and your going see that on Saturday. Should be a great game.

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Again, the whole topic has to do with New England having the best run defense in the second half of the season. Nowhere in this was Denver ever discussed. You tried to make a point and can't do it. New England has had a good run defense over the last half of the season...but against teams like the Jets, Bills, Buccs, and Dolphins, is that such a bragging point?

This argument isn't about Denver. You wanted to talk NE run defense...that is what we are discussing.

Ok you got my point and I will take that as you agree with it.

Now back to yours, I guess this weekends game meant nothing in terms of stuffing Jax running game. I guess we will have to prove ourselves worthy of being on the same field as the unbeatable Denver offense.

LDB
01-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Ok you got my point and I will take that as you agree with it.

Now back to yours, I guess this weekends game meant nothing in terms of stuffing Jax running game. I guess we will have to prove ourselves worthy of being on the same field as the unbeatable Denver offense.

Jacksonville does not have the same offense as Denver. Nobody considers them an offensive team. They only rank 10th best in rushing. That isn't that great...especially compared to the number 2 rushing team. As far as rushing teams go, NE hasn't played a good rushing team in 7 weeks. That is a fact. It is a fact that Pats fans seem intent on overlooking.

If the situation was reversed would you accept Denver's fans making such flimsy claims and arguments? I highly doubt it, so don't expect a free pass here.

Look nobody is saying that Denver is unbeatable. Certainly nobody is saying that Denver's offense is unbeatable. This should be one heck of a game. New England has a really good team. No Denver fan will say different. What we are sick of is the blatant disregard of a good Denver team. New England will not roll into Denver and spank us. We are sick of you trolls coming onto our board and disrespecting our team who has outplayed New England in almost every aspect of the game throughout the year.

Boxer21
01-09-2006, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=LDB]Jacksonville does not have the same offense as Denver. Nobody considers them an offensive team. They only rank 10th best in rushing. That isn't that great...especially compared to the number 2 rushing team. As far as rushing teams go, NE hasn't played a good rushing team in 7 weeks. That is a fact. It is a fact that Pats fans seem intent on overlooking.

If the situation was reversed would you accept Denver's fans making such flimsy claims and arguments? I highly doubt it, so don't expect a free pass here.

Then I think you need to read my original posts from earlier in the day. My original posts stated it was going to be a great, close game. There was never any disrespect. You on the other hand, are into personal insults, as you showed in an earlier post.

BroncoFanCam
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
:beer: I hope everybody is ready for a nailbiting on the edge of your seat game. The fact that we have already beaten NE at home is a big factor in this game. They are going to come back for revenge, they always do. Hopefully we can stop them. NE is a healthier team now and they are playing on adrenaline. They know are offense and our defense unless Shanahan has some new tricks up his sleeves. Well heres to the broncos and hopefully our 12th man will be out there in full effect. Go Broncos!!!!!

It will surely be a tough one, but I cannot wait!!!

I think our boys have it in them to stomp a little Patsie a**!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

lcsj
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
It will surely be a tough one, but I cannot wait!!!

I think our boys have it in them to stomp a little Patsie a**!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!! :beer:
I think Shanny is going to pull out some trick plays and a couple of players that he has been keeping on the side lines. Lelie hopefully will have a good day, and they are going to come back for revenge. OUr third man is going to play a huge part in the game. I love it when they have to call a timeout because they can't hear. When they do that we know we have done our job. I wish I was going, my mom has tickets and shes taking my brother. O well i will be there in front of the tv. :beer:

RI_Patsfan
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
:beer:
I think Shanny is going to pull out some trick plays and a couple of players that he has been keeping on the side lines. Lelie hopefully will have a good day, and they are going to come back for revenge. OUr third man is going to play a huge part in the game. I love it when they have to call a timeout because they can't hear. When they do that we know we have done our job. I wish I was going, my mom has tickets and shes taking my brother. O well i will be there in front of the tv. :beer:

I think both coaches will be unloading their playbooks and probably for good reason. These guys know each other, after all, in Brady's 5 seasons as a starter, they've met 4 times. I fully expect it to come down to the fourth quarter. I also think whoever scores first is important.

As far as your *third* man, (twelfth, maybe), a two time defending champ gets that kind of treatment everywhere. It's loud in Indy, Pittsburgh, etc., so I don't think that should rattle the champs unless a lineman goes down, etc.

Should be a great game. Just wish it started at 6 here...

BTW, Lcsj, why does your mom love your brother more than you? <jk>

txbronco
01-11-2006, 05:00 PM
The only thing I am concered about came midway though the season. We saw this when we played the pats, giants, eagles, cowboys, washington, ect.....

Our struggle to close out games. While we did win the majority of these games, it was a nailbiter.

I say this because of the last time we played the pats, we bent them over and gave it to em in the 1st half, but the 2nd half, we saw a different pats team.

And this pats team we play this weekend sure as hell isnt the same team we are playing.

I know this game will be close, but I we have to be near perfect we are going to de-thrown the champs.