PDA

View Full Version : The patriots are just so disrespected.

GoPats53
01-09-2006, 11:15 AM
:D First off, im just joking. Im not here to start a fight or talk trash -- but i have a question to ask of all of you.

seeing what plummer has done this year has comepletely amazed me. Hes doing great (and i HATE him for it :duh: ) however, i also have seen his past -- do you think he will be ok in a game like this, where (imho) denver IS the favorite. or does he run the risk of falling apart, as he has in years past?

The patriots have come together with most facets of the game, rush defense, pass defense, and special teams, but they still have a hole (albeit a small one) in the rushing offense.

will jake have to resort to the pass, due to the pats run defense as of late, or, will he have a minimal impact, thus limiting his potential for disaster?

just a question from a pats fan -- i want to see what you, as denver fans, think.

VADER72
01-09-2006, 11:26 AM
We have played some really good teams this year and take out the debacle on opening day, Jake and the team played well. I think we lost by a total of 5 points in the other two loses. Since the game is here in Denver, I think Jake will be ok. The Pats have a good defensive line, but we also have a good offensive line. The patriots have played some pretty weak teams including Jax on Sat.

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Actually, Jake Plummer had a good post season game last year vs. Colts:
24/34 284 yards, (70.6 comp.%), 2TD and 1 INT.

This year he has eliminated a lot of mistakes. He can read defenses better, and has learned how to manage a football game (which is not a bad thing). His INT ratio has been slashed by a third (20 last year vs. 7 this year). He is more effective this year, using his scrambling ability and taking what a defense will give him.

Our offensive line does a good job of protection and is the best in zone blocking.

Jake has matured, and improved, and the Broncos rally around him. Rod Smith summed it up well: "Jake is a good QB. But if he lets us, we can make Jake great." And his teammates believe that.

He has emerged as a leader on this team. There was a quote I heard sometime this year, from a Bronco, that stated he's glad Jake is in the huddle with him-knowing he has what it takes to bring this team to a win.

I think that's an important intangible to a QB's play. With the players rallying around Jake, believing in him and what he can do, he could pull off some pretty incredible things this weekend.

VADER72
01-09-2006, 11:40 AM
I think some dwell to much on Jakes past at Arizona. Last I checked , that team still sucks. Ever since Jake has come to Denver, we have been in the playoffs.

The|Snake#16
01-09-2006, 11:52 AM
I'd actually say the Pats are favored. No one talks about the Broncs, and everyone is all over this "Pats are the team no one wants to play, they are defending superbowl champs, blah blah blah, i'm a big fat dumbass."

Jake will do well I think, the Patriots pass defense hasn't improved THAT much, they still basically suck. If we can't get the run going, I trust Jake to pick apart the leaky secondary of New England.

Calif. Bronco
01-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Jake will play well enough to put us in a position to win. We still win the game with a tough defense and some hard-earned yards on the ground, IMO.

GoPatsGo
01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
If we can't get the run going, I trust Jake to pick apart the leaky secondary of New England.

The Pats are not favored. Denver is the favorite going by the line. As for the Pats secondary, it has drastically improved with the experience rookie Ellis Hobbs has gained this year. His comfort in the position has even seemed to have a positive effect on Asante Samuel. This is one of the primary reasons we were able to turn our season around.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!

LDB
01-09-2006, 12:25 PM
The Pats are not favored. Denver is the favorite going by the line. As for the Pats secondary, it has drastically improved with the experience rookie Ellis Hobbs has gained this year. His comfort in the position has even seemed to have a positive effect on Asante Samuel. This is one of the primary reasons we were able to turn our season around.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!

You call finishing dead last in the AFC against the pass turning it around? :confused:

GoPatsGo
01-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Im talking about winning and losing games. The back we had playing in the first half of the season would get beat BAD (20+ yards per pass) every single time - and most of the time was a key factor for the Pats losing many games.

LDB
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Im talking about winning and losing games. The back we had playing in the first half of the season would get beat BAD (20+ yards per pass) every single time - and most of the time was a key factor for the Pats losing many games.

Again...look at the teams the Pats played to end the season. The last good offensive team you played was in week 7 against the Chefs. How do you really know how good your pass defense is when you play against the Bills, Jets, Buccs, and Dolphins? All four teams rank in the bottom half of the league in passing offense.

SACOTFW
01-09-2006, 12:36 PM
I think most of the "experts" have picked New England to win this game. I don't think they have really looked at the past history between these 2 teams and coaches. Belicheck is renowned for his ability to take away a teams best player or strength, yet he has never been able to do this against Denver even when he had his most solid teams. Denver will own the Pats on the ground plain and simple. Lets just hope they don't get stupid and lazy and give away a 25 point lead.

BroncoManiac_69
01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Lets just hope they don't get stupid and lazy and give away a 25 point lead.

This is the point that I think scares me the most. We have had a problem with slowing down in the 4th quarter this year.

A positive angle of things is the fact that our redzone production has been fantastic and that is one of the keys. Once we are there, we need to punch it in and not settle for field goals. We need the ground game clicking on all cylinders to keep the Patriot offense on the sidelines.

The secondary will be tested big time in this game and we need to be rushing Brady and getting in his face like there is no tomorrow. Cuz let's face it, if we lose.... there will be no tomorrow.