PDA

View Full Version : Official Haters & Non Haters list

Elway
01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Okay listening to the media and the analyst it is obvious where some peoples loyalties lie and who they will be rooting for this week.

So lets make it official and start a Haters bench where non Bronco supportes can sit and root for the pats.

On the opposite side we can have our supporters.

We don't want anyone jumping to the bandwagon after the fact.

List one person and which side they are on.

HATERS BENCH: SEAN SALISBURY

LDB
01-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Peter King...Hater

Jared
01-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Woody paige:

Ridiculously biased homer.

Mr. Watson
01-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Hate to say it because I love his show, but Dan Patrick is totally being a Bronco Hater. On the other hand Colin Cowherd is prasing Denver.

So to Break it down by Job:

ESPN Radio
Dan Patrick- Hater
Mike and Mike- Hater
Colin Cowherd- Suppoter

ESPN Countdown
Steve Young- Hater
Mike "Crack-Pipe" Evrin- Hater
Berman- Hater
FatsBury Steak- Uber Hater
Tom Jackson- He better be a Suppoter :D

SI
Peter King- Big Hater

The thing I hate, is that all of these people picking NE are not giving any reasons why, not breaking it down, no "Stats" to prove their point.

I can live with an ANALyst choosing another team as long as they provide facts, or reasonings.

But to just go on "History" and gut feelings with out reasons is poor and or lazy job performance on their part.

I am sure there will be much more to add as the week goes on

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Homer: Shannon Sharpe "Bronco Nation!" :rockon:

alan
01-09-2006, 01:29 PM
homer--Adam schefter

Deck
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
That CDawg guy saying we're gonna lose.. Broncos fan? Dunno.

At least he could attempt an honest debate and make some facts or something.... :duh:

BRONCO @ BIRTH
01-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Chris Collenswroth

Jared
01-09-2006, 02:17 PM
I disagree.

I don't think he is homer or hater. He seems to be split in most of his picks the last 2 years.

LordTrychon
01-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Non-hater - Phil Simms :beer:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-09-2006, 02:35 PM

Actually, Sharpe seems to be on the fence - We're the only game he didn't pick a winner for...

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9153168

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I disagree.

I don't think he is homer or hater. He seems to be split in most of his picks the last 2 years.
I just remember the time when he put the Bronco foam hat on his head, and the last couple of weeks, when CBS does polling, and the Broncos are in that poll, there are 2 times when I can remember him shouting "Broncos Nation!"

If anything, he's a Bronco fan....but I did notice he didnt pick the winner of this game in his article on nfl.com

His brother Sterling, however...HE CAN BE VERY LOUD :eek:

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Jim Mora (coach speak)<----picked Patsies...basically regergitated same drivel....
1) NE Players Hurt during week 6
2) NE playing good football
3) can't pick against Patsie <---God forbid should someone go out on a LIMB

Mora=Lemming=Bronco Hater

Charlie Brown
01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
It is stupid to call these people haters and 'supporters' just because they agree or disagree with you. They are commentators. They are paid to give their own personal opinion. They all personally believe the Patriots will win - just like me. Do they have stats to back up their opinion - no. But they don't need stats. Just because I think a certain team is better than another doesn't mean I 'hate' the other one.

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
It is stupid to call these people haters and 'supporters' just because they agree or disagree with you. They are commentators. They are paid to give their own personal opinion. They all personally believe the Patriots will win - just like me. Do they have stats to back up their opinion - no. But they don't need stats. Just because I think a certain team is better than another doesn't mean I 'hate' the other one.
The nice thing about this thread? Our opinions are free! :D You are a regular poster on this board. Gazing around, you can easily see the ongoing theme this past week has been "respect/disrespect", most of it falling on the "disrespect side."

Thier opinions, like ours, are biased. A while the PC term may not be used (biased vs. haters) the topic of this thread remains the same. Most analysts are biased against Denver.

Britrock
01-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Something makes me think Terrell Davis won't be a hater on NFL Network... :beer:

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Non haters

Eric D i ckerson-he said Broncos are going to Super Bowl here locally in So.Cal
Phil Simms-like Denver too.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Haters-Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Both hate Broncos, but Wilbon said Denver would win because of "Mile High"

bronc_fan23
01-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Hater-skip bayless

JADJARHD
01-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Haters: the entire cast of Fox's NFL team (Bradshaw, Long, etc.)

Oh and Aikman too.

Mount-n-Groan
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Mike Florio (profootballtalk.com) = HATER

:coffee:

Charlie Brown
01-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Well...

If you want to talk about haters and non haters.

Michael Smith on Around the Horn sure sounds like a non-hater.

bronc_fan23
01-09-2006, 04:20 PM
hahaha mng i love the sig

Jared
01-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Hater-skip bayless

Skip Bayless hates everybody.

Broncofan-13
01-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that madden wont pick us either. The reason we lose? We dont have Favre.

Elway
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I don't know if Steve Young is a hater he seemed to be Pro Jake for awhile.

HATERS BENCH: KEITH OBLEMEYER

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
ESPN...after that lame stat..."why the champs should win in Denver" :rolleyes:
They had that pumped for the whole SportsCenter..'Coming up NEXT'...and all they had was some measly stat on Pats going 15-1 vs. QB's of teams they've faced twice in the same season?!

Yeah, the Jets Qb(s), Miami and Buffalo all have STELLAR Qb's!

BroncoFanCam
01-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Haters = Don't give a crap.
Homers = Don't give a crap.

In summary, I don't give a crap. :coffee:

If they hate us I think they will be sorry after this Sunday.
If they love us, I think they will be pleased after this Sunday.

rcsodak
01-09-2006, 05:01 PM
James Hasty just picked Denver - PRO
Emerson Walls & Eddie George both picked the pats - HATERS!!!!

What's funny, is after Hasty picked Denver, the crowd, started applauding.....

....guess they're sick of this pats-love-fest also.

watchthemiddle
01-09-2006, 05:05 PM
All lovers after this weekend. I love it how everyone mentioned jumps back and forth over the fence all season long.

SuperPatsFan1
01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Someone asked for some reasons to back up why the Pats will win in Denver.

1) Our D is back. It's not quite what it once was but then again, the front 7 is playing as well as it ever has, minus Tedy. God help you if he's playing. The secondary is very different than what it was week 6. Your O might as well not even watch film from that game because it's not close to applicable.

2) We have our 2 best running backs back, and the O-line has gelled nicely. Yes Corey is not the same and Yes, you won't stop him near the goaline or on 3rd and short. He done admirable work in the short yardage game, which isn't an easy thing to do. Plus we have 3 Tight ends who can make plays and 2 of them, Watson and Graham, can take it to the house from almost anywhere on the field.

3) I'm not sold on your D. I don't care a rats about where you finished statistically.

We will take away two things on D:

1) Running game
2) Rod Smith

If we are successful there, your toast and you all know it.

On O, I just have a feeling we'll be able to consistently move the pile and this will open up play action which Tom is excellent at. We'll get your CB's on an island and our TE's crossing or down the seams and we'll have our way.

New England Patriots: 27

Denver Broncos: 16

Nomad Broncofan
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Brian Cox (FoxSportsRadio - The Drive), definitely hating on the Broncos. He sucked as a LB anyway

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Brian Cox (FoxSportsRadio - The Drive), definitely hating on the Broncos. He sucked as a LB anyway
I thought so. He's been against the Broncos all season. Fox Sports Radio basically ignores the Broncos, and focuses on the Packers, Raiders, Vikings, Pats and colts.

PatrickdaDookie
01-09-2006, 06:23 PM
John Clayton - ESPN - non-hater: He's been good to Denver as far as I can remember.

Len Pastrami - ESPN - hater: I've been following him with a bit of malice ever since his awful Cleveland line article. He hates giving Denver credit and is still waiting to jump on any Plummer mistakes.

Elway
01-09-2006, 06:50 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Sean Salisbury
Peter King
Dan Patrick
Mike and Mike
Mike Ivrin
Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Chris Collinsworth
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Mike Ditka
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oblemeyer
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Clark Judge

Elway
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
So far.... hopefully

Broncos Bench

Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Steve Young - Jake supporter
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy (espn sportsnight)
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
John Clayton

Maurice_Clarett
01-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Dude, they all hate on me, and that's what counts, isn't it?

VADER72
01-09-2006, 07:05 PM
OMG, lmao.hahaha

bronc_fan23
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Elway,,,,,u forgot skip bayless.. :beer:

Elway
01-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Elway,,,,,u forgot skip bayless.. :beer:

Thanks for the catch, thought I had them all. :beer:

Orangecrush40
01-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Also on the Supporters bench,former Special Teamer extraordinaire and Running back Reggie Rivers

Nomad Broncofan
01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I think Tom Jackson is a supporter, but his sidekick, Berman, seldom gives the Broncos loves.

bronc_fan23
01-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Non Hater: Jeremy Green

Heres why :http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=51288

tpryce93
01-09-2006, 08:05 PM
We will take away two things on D:

1) Running game
hahahahaha :laugh: :laugh: we're gonna hand the football off to mike and tatum and absolutely run it straight down your throats.

imanidb
01-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Hate to say it because I love his show, but Dan Patrick is totally being a Bronco Hater. On the other hand Colin Cowherd is prasing Denver.

ESPN Radio
Dan Patrick- Hater
Mike and Mike- Hater
Colin Cowherd- Suppoter

ESPN Countdown
Steve Young- Hater
Berman- Hater

SI
Peter King- Big Hater

The thing I hate, is that all of these people picking NE are not giving any reasons why, not breaking it down, no "Stats" to prove their point.

I can live with an ANALyst choosing another team as long as they provide facts, or reasonings.

But to just go on "History" and gut feelings with out reasons is poor and or lazy job performance on their part.

I understand what you sayin with the Brady BS, it's the same thing when people used to talk about Elwayitis. But as far as analyst giving no stats to support their claims, the evidence is past performance. If you ever noticed, when it comes to the playoffs, all the talk about stats and numbers mostly goes out the window. People want to know how seasoned ur QB is, how well you run the ball, and how much will your defense has. Way I see it, the Patriots only got one out of the three as far as past performance goes, 10-0 in the playoffs is one hell of a feat for a team. But I do NOT see the Patriots pounding the ball, and ain't no way they stoppin the Bronco running game. That means the game will be won or lost same as all of them, turnovers...

AsianOrange
01-10-2006, 12:07 AM
JT the Brick, Fox Sports Radio

HATER

He is rooting for the Patriots and not giving the Broncos any love.

Southstander
01-10-2006, 12:40 AM
HATERS
IRV AND JOE (hurry up and die)

Non Haters
Lou From Littleton
Dave Logan

kilkizan
01-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Hater:

Don Banks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/01/10/brilliant.coaches/1.html

"2. You gotta love Belichick's consistency of approach. Absolutely nobody poor-mouths his own team better than the Patriots head coach. Upon learning that Denver would be New England's opponent in the divisional round, Belichick issued the following statement:

"The Denver Broncos will be our toughest challenge this season. To have any chance, it will take our best game and certainly a lot better performance than the last time we played them.''

Oh, by the way, Belichick is an all-time best 11-1 in the playoffs in his career, with a league-record 10 consecutive victories. So naturally, you can see where the Patriots might not have "any chance.'' "

"5. To get to the Super Bowl, Denver quarterback Jake Plummer will have to beat head-to-head Tom Brady and either Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger. I can't visualize that. Can you? But here's your chance to prove us wrong, Jake."

Crush77
01-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Was going to say them, was surprised it took so late in the board for those names to be listed. Hater = ME when it comes to Irv & Joe are these guys complete idiots or what? I do not think they have been right on one pick this season including the Broncos barely winning 9 games if they were lucky and not making it to the playoffs. Don't wish them death or anything but a long painfull life wouldn't be to bad...

HATERS
IRV AND JOE (hurry up and die)

Non Haters
Lou From Littleton
Dave Logan

Ignatius
01-10-2006, 02:39 PM
That makes King a flip-flopper then. He picked Denver to play Indy in the AFC Championship in one of his articles about mid-way through the season.

Emancipator
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
National Sports Analyst: Emancipator

He is a homer, non- hater

:beer:

Mount-n-Groan
01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
I haven't seen him listed yet, so...

Chris Mortensen = Non-Hater/Supporter.

He was the only one out of ESPN's squad that picked Denver to win the AFC West in their preseason poll.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview05/news/story?id=2152292

I'll give the Garber dude partial credit as he (at least) picked us as a Wildcard team.

BroncFanIN
01-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Non-hater: Chris Myers (Fox and Fox Sports Radio-The Drive). He picked Denver to win the game. He thinks Denver can run the ball on the Pats. Someone with common sense! :beer:

LordTrychon
01-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I debated whether or not to give this it's own thread, but when chastising pundits, which we love to do here, I thought this (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=643) was pertinent. :cheers:

bronc_fan23
01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
This guys a non hater towards the broncos but an obvious homer towards the seahawks but he has us winning

http://seahawks.scout.com/2/487355.html

Mount-n-Groan
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
I debated whether or not to give this it's own thread, but when chastising pundits, which we love to do here, I thought this (http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=643) was pertinent. :cheers:
:laugh:

Well, to keep your post "on topic" you should classify Bonzo as a Hater or Non-Hater.

I will say, with all due respect to Len PassTheSpaghetti and other prognosticating stuffed primates, that Bonzo is a hater.

He 'picked' Denver to win only 7 out of 15 games. (I couldn't find where he picked the T-day game.) <.500=hater.

:cheers:

LordTrychon
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
:laugh:

Well, to keep your post "on topic" you should classify Bonzo as a Hater or Non-Hater.

I will say, with all due respect to Len PassTheSpaghetti and other prognosticating stuffed primates, that Bonzo is a hater.

He 'picked' Denver to win only 7 out of 15 games. (I couldn't find where he picked the T-day game.) <.500=hater.

:cheers:
:laugh: I didn't stop to look at what he picked for us... good catch...

Elway
01-10-2006, 06:11 PM
ok, the list on page three seems to be current minus the monkey.

Pandapeep
01-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Holy crap, Sailsberry Steak just called us underrated?! "Those 13-3 Broncos maybe the most underrated 13-3. No body's talking about them and maybe we should" On NFL live no less.

Southstander
01-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Elway I did not see Irv and Joe on your List (Irv Brown and Joe Williams)

DenverFanInGB
01-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Adam Schein, Pat Kerwin, Tim Ryan, Randy Cross- All Haters on Sirius NFL Radio

It's hard to listen to at times.

daigs25
01-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Hater -While his opinion on the issue doesn't matter, Bill Walton is a HATER.

Daigs

Mr. Watson
01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
To my dismay I think we might have to take Mike "pass the pipe" Irvin off the hater list.

Listining to his interviews on the Dan Patrick (HATER) Show he seems to be on the fence, same with his comments on the "Open Mike" segment on Sportscenter.

I think it will take a few of us to remove Michael off the list, and possibly a new catagory of "On the Fence"

I think one of the first signs of a HATER is when he opens his comments with:
"This is not the same Pats team Denver faced earlier in the Year," "10-0" "No Elway" Blah blah blah.

Mount-n-Groan
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Jay Novacek (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3690072/?pg=3#anc_spt_novacek05) (MSNBC) is on the Broncos' bench! :rockon:

Born a Bronco
01-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I am a true lover of the Broncos since birth in Ft. Collins, Co :D

kristian824
01-11-2006, 11:15 AM
they all seem to not want to put their predictions against the pats that are 10-0 in playoff land. They are all haters!

Mount-n-Groan
01-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Dr. Z (CNN/SI) = Hater.

"Patriots in an upset. 20-17" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/01/10/look.ahead/1.html)

kilkizan
01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Dr. Z (CNN/SI) = Hater.

"Patriots in an upset. 20-17" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/01/10/look.ahead/1.html)

Darn you beat me, in this artical he gushes over the patties vs the jags then goes on to call the broncos theifs and finally to say that they will upset us at home. Honestly we had about 1/2 a paragraph about the broncos and 5+ about how great the patties are and I wanted to puke.

Davii
01-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Mike Tanier - Footballoutsiders.com and Foxsports.com

The Mighty Salute, a 22-foot long limousine, painted orange and black and decked out in Broncos logos, was stolen two weeks ago. It was later found in a Denver wrecking yard.

I don't know. It's terrible. It broke my heart and now it's crushed," said Ralph Williams, also known as The Limo Driver. His 1973 Mercedes Benz made appearances during the team's two Super Bowl runs in the late 1990s and is even featured in their 1999 documentary.

Now it's one thing to have the bandwagon crash, and quite another to have it crushed into a cube. The Broncos are already being crowded out of the spotlight by the Patriots; the last thing they need is to worry about signs, augers and portents. Does the destruction of The Mighty Salute presage yet another playoff letdown in Denver?

Perhaps. But a wrecked car might just mean that Brian Griese is back in town.

Games you will watch
Patriots at Broncos: It's the rock-paper-scissors nature of the AFC. Colts always beat Broncos. Patriots always beat Colts. And Broncos usually beat Patriots; they are 3-1 against New England since 2001.

With their bombs-away offense, the Colts can just out-score Denver. With their quantum-calculus defensive scheme, the Patriots can sabotage the Colts' offense. And with their keep-it-simple running game and disciplined defense, the Broncos aren't cowed by Bill Belichick's crafty tactics.

The Broncos are built to beat teams that like to spread the field like the Colts and Patriots; they've been doing the AFC playoff dance since Tom Brady was at Michigan and they know who the teams to beat are. They've spent the last two seasons upgrading the secondary with a mix of veterans (Champ Bailey and John Lynch) and rookies (Darrent Williams and Domonique Foxworth). The Patriots like to throw to backs and tight ends (wide receivers caught just five passes against the Jaguars), but the Broncos can counter with the best set of coverage linebackers in the league.

Offensively, the Broncos run the ball, protect Jake Plummer, and set up play action passes. Their zone blocking scheme is sometimes called "finesse" blocking, but don't let the name fool you into thinking that Tom Nalen and Matt Lepsis wear tutus: the Broncos' linemen are punishing in the trenches. The Patriots can send blitzers from all angles, but with extra blockers and a rolling pocket, Plummer will have time to throw. The Patriots want to force turnovers, but the Broncos average just one turnover per game.

The Broncos played their typical game against the Patriots in Week 6, earning a 28-20 win that wasn't that close. They struck early with a 72-yard pass, a 55-yard pass, and a 68-yard run by Tatum Bell to run up a lead. In the second half, Bell and Mike Anderson took turns cranking out 178 rushing yards. The defense cracked late, allowing two fourth-quarter scoring drives, but Tom Brady had no one to throw to for most of the game.

Granted, the Patriots were without Dillon, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour, and other key starters in that game (Bruschi was scratched against the Jaguars last week but is expected back). The healthier Patriots are now a high-fashion favorite as a Super Bowl pick, but while the team paid lip-service to respecting the Jaguars last week, they are more serious about this opponent. "The Denver Broncos will be our toughest challenge this season," Belichick said on Sunday night. "To have any chance, it will take our best game and certainly a lot better performance than the last time we played them."

Any chance? Some members of the New England media are already printing "Threepeat" tee-shirts (the royalties to Pat Riley are a killer), but Belichick is speaking the language of a road underdog. The Patriots know how to win in cold weather, but the early forecast for kickoff calls for temperatures in the mid-50s. The altitude, however, remains unchanged, and the well-rested Broncos enjoy the biggest home field advantage in the NFL.

So don't overreact to last week's blowout of the Jaguars, and don't subscribe to destiny, mojo, or swagger theories. The AFC title game will be another chapter in a perennial grudge match. But it won't be Patriots-Colts.

BroncFanIN
01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Coach Speak Plus on NFL Network- the guy who hosts it (cant remember his name. He wears dark rimmed glasses), said, "You don't like Denver at home? Don't you have any respect for them?"

Mora got that pissed off look on his face and said "Don't put words in my mouth. I respect Denver. I respect all 8 teams in the playoffs now."

"So," dark rimmed glasses says, "you are picking the Panthers and Pats. Don't you think homefield counts for something?"

"Yes," Mora said. "I'm going to remain calm. But homefield is not enough to change my picks."

"What about the Colts?" rimms asks, almost on the verge of a smirk.

"Now the Colts...I respect the Colts!" :duh: ya think!? Now he just said the Colts have no weaknesses!?:rolleyes:

Medford Bronco
01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Another hater Vinnie Iyer of Yahoo Sports. The I don't go against Brady crap!

Brady will lose a playoff game at some point. He is not going to win 13 Super Bowls the way the media speaks about him.

Elway, Montana, Aikman, Staubach and Griese (Bob not Brian) all lost at some point!!!!!

kilkizan
01-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Major Hater:
Question: Which home team this weekend is the most vulnerable?
Clark Judge

" Probably Denver. The Broncos haven't lost at home, and quarterback Jake Plummer is 19-3 there -- but I'd be nervous about this one. Not only because the opponent is New England, a club that hasn't lost in its past 10 playoff appearances, but because Denver is counting on unpredictable Plummer to pull it through. Sure, he was terrific this year, but it was because coach Mike Shanahan had him doing more by doing less. He cut down on Plummer's pass attempts, and Plummer responded by cutting down on big mistakes. Result: He went eight straight games without an interception and had only one pickoff in his last four starts. The good news is he beat New England earlier this year and has nine touchdowns, two interceptions and no losses at home. The bad? He's 1-3 in the playoffs; 0-2 as a Bronco. Let me put it like this: Whom would you trust at this stage of the year: Tom Brady or Jake Plummer? Case closed."

BroncFanIN
01-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Major Hater:
Question: Which home team this weekend is the most vulnerable?
Clark Judge

" Probably Denver. The Broncos haven't lost at home, and quarterback Jake Plummer is 19-3 there -- but I'd be nervous about this one. Not only because the opponent is New England, a club that hasn't lost in its past 10 playoff appearances, but because Denver is counting on unpredictable Plummer to pull it through. Sure, he was terrific this year, but it was because coach Mike Shanahan had him doing more by doing less. He cut down on Plummer's pass attempts, and Plummer responded by cutting down on big mistakes. Result: He went eight straight games without an interception and had only one pickoff in his last four starts. The good news is he beat New England earlier this year and has nine touchdowns, two interceptions and no losses at home. The bad? He's 1-3 in the playoffs; 0-2 as a Bronco. Let me put it like this: Whom would you trust at this stage of the year: Tom Brady or Jake Plummer? Case closed."
Didn't the monkey on Cold Hard Football Facts beat this guy? :confused: :D

Seriously..."doing more by doing less?" Did this guy even watch a Bronco football game this year? He does know we RUN the ball, right? :duh:

bronc_fan23
01-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Tony Gonzalez...........non hater just said the broncos would beat the pats and win the super bowl :beer:

BroncFanIN
01-11-2006, 04:25 PM
OMG!!!! Tony Gonzolez picked DENVER to win the SB!!!!<---definatly not a hater!:rockon:

DrunkPanda
01-11-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah, i just saw that on the hot seat. :beer:

AsianOrange
01-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Non-Hater...Tony Gonzales...

I like that coming from the 2nd best TE in NFL history!

bronc_fan23
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Non-hater: John Clayton...said the broncos would win this weekend

bronc_fan23
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Haters: America

AsianOrange
01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Haters: America

bronc_fan23 is referencing 50% the 190,000 americans who voted on ESPN's poll on which road team will likely win this weekend.

bronc_fan23
01-11-2006, 04:59 PM
bronc_fan23 is referencing 50% the 190,000 americans who voted on ESPN's poll on which road team will likely win this weekend.

thanks for clarifying :beer:

KMA
01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Bare with me but this has to be said...
Growing up in Denver and being a Bronco fan is not a burden it is an honor. Those like me who know this same feeling aren’t physically capable of thinking any other way. I don’t know how to not be a Broncos fan. I have tried to wear other team’s colors but it never works. I also have tried to just not pay attention, even during losing seasons, I am not able to. Some would look at me and say it’s a crazy obsession, or it doesn’t mean that much or it’s only a game, instead I offer that it is a part of me, a portion of who I am was created when John Elway lifted the Lombardi trophy for the first time. If that is wrong, or weird, or shallow than I have a have a whole lot of “wrong, weird, and shallow” friends.

Come Saturday night I will be settling into my chair and getting ready for a fun time; nervous, excited, and hopeful. But more than anything I will be proud. I will be proud of the team that has accomplished so much with a great leader, a fantastic supporting cast, and the most loyal and dedicated fan base in the entire nation. I am a part of this historic tradition and I am proud of that. I not only think that the Broncos will win on Saturday, I expect it. And you know what? The organization wouldn’t want any less of Broncos fans. The media don’t understand, and that’s fine. Part of being in the media is being unbiased, that’s why they will pick New England this week and pick Indy next week and pick Seattle in three weeks. But it also is why at the end of it all they will say “see, we knew Denver could do it” It doesn’t matter what they say, in fact let them make all the predictions they want against Denver. We are here now and we will be back again. Count on it
Put me on the Broncos bench…..
FOR LIFE
Go Broncos!!!

Elway
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Sean Salisbury
Peter King
Dan Patrick
Mike and Mike
Mike Ivrin
Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Mike Ditka
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oblemeyer
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Eric Allen
MIke Greenburg
Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
John Clayton

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Okay we are up to date so far on who is with the team.

Conquistadita
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm apparently a hater because I said the Broncos should try to expose the Patriots' secondary instead of depending on the running game.

Buzzbaybandit
01-11-2006, 08:00 PM
You guys have a great board here, best of luck this weekend.

Conquistadita
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Stop being a hater, Buzzy. You're not giving enough credit to the posters themselves. You think a board just operates itself? ;)

MsAmerica40
01-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Okay listening to the media and the analyst it is obvious where some peoples loyalties lie and who they will be rooting for this week.

So lets make it official and start a Haters bench where non Bronco supportes can sit and root for the pats.

AHHH YES, WE GET TO CELEBRATE A DAY SOONER!!

MsAmerica40
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM

ESPN Radio
Dan Patrick- Hater
Mike and Mike- Hater
Colin Cowherd- Suppoter

ESPN Countdown
Steve Young- Hater
Berman- Hater

SI
Peter King- Big Hater

HATERS, HA, THEIR ALL SMART!

The Dark Knight
01-12-2006, 12:47 AM

Collinsworth just changed his tune.

He picked Denver to win this weekend on Inside the NFL.

Southstander
01-12-2006, 01:18 AM
On FSN John Elway picked Denver

AsianOrange
01-12-2006, 08:14 AM
On FSN John Elway picked Denver

He is the man!!!

Mount-n-Groan
01-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Did anyone see Playbook last night?

Both Sterling & Solomon were suspiciously ambiguous :goofy:, and they never came out directly and said which team would win, but they were giving us quite a bit of love. They both seemed to like the Broncos' balance and implied that would be the difference in the game.

In the end...

Burmeister questioned them: Something like: "All of that going for Denver (12th Man, the altitude, etc), but no one is going to pick against Tom Brady, right?"

Solomon replies, "If they were smart they would."

Sterling laughs and nods in agreement.

You make the call, Elway, but I think they're both on our bench. :rockon:

KS-BroncoGirl
01-12-2006, 08:39 AM
I was watching ESPN last night and they were interviewing Tony Gonzales of the Chiefs. I got in on the last of the interview only, so I don't know the extent of the interview, but they asked him his picks on the games and then his picks to win it all. He said Indy, then said "wait" and with hesitation he changed his mind and said the Broncos. His hesitation was probably because it's gotta be hard to pick a division opponent, but because it's a division opponent he's seen us play and knows we're good. Great job, Tony Gonzales. We do appreciate your support in this way.

KS-BroncoGirl
01-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I didn't realize that someone had already posted about Tony Gonzales pick of Denver. I was just too excited about posting it and did not read the previous posts. My apologies.

RunYouOver
01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
I was watching ESPN last night and they were interviewing Tony Gonzales of the Chiefs. I got in on the last of the interview only, so I don't know the extent of the interview, but they asked him his picks on the games and then his picks to win it all. He said Indy, then said "wait" and with hesitation he changed his mind and said the Broncos. His hesitation was probably because it's gotta be hard to pick a division opponent, but because it's a division opponent he's seen us play and knows we're good. Great job, Tony Gonzales. We do appreciate your support in this way.

That was great to hear...just saw it on sportscenter :D

Mount-n-Groan
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM

Yes, and Bob Costas climbed aboard as well.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/inflpicksgame/hostpicks.do

kilkizan
01-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Hater:

FootballOutsiders own Will Carroll

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/01/12/ramblings/black-and-blue/3510/

"The key pieces for the Broncos are in place, but has a team that looks so good on paper ever had less of a chance? In both conferences, the number two seed seems as weak or weaker than the wild card that just snuck in."

Mr. Watson
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
On the Bench
Mark Schlereth
Trey Wingo

Elway
01-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay I updated them on pg 6... gave the nod to Sterling & Solomon...

Put Schlereth & Wingo in their own category. ;)

KMA
01-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Tony Moss NFL editor for The Sports Network
see link to preview here...
http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/spnet.ssf?/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=advance&page=nfl/scores/live/pv1785.htm
last line...."Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Broncos 20, Patriots 16"

Southstander
01-12-2006, 04:22 PM
It think Rush Limbaugh is a Denver Fan

SmithOverTO
01-12-2006, 04:38 PM
It think Rush Limbaugh is a Denver Fan

Sadly he is (Dont mean to offend anyone, I just truly dislike the guy) and I found a hater (Please forgive me if this ) but thats SI's Banks

Banks believes the Broncos are pretenders (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/01/12/broncos/index.html)

MsAmerica40
01-12-2006, 05:56 PM

Who gives a Crap what Collinsworth thinks

MsAmerica40
01-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, and Bob Costas climbed aboard as well.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/inflpicksgame/hostpicks.do

They WILL be Wrong

Ravage!!!
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM

See. This bothers me. Since WHEN is someone NOT able to make a prediction strictly on gut feeling. Since when does WATCHING a team, or two teams, play not as "valuable" as the Numbers on paper? I would MUCH rather predict the outcome of ANY game based on watching and GUT feelings........ than picking the team with the best "paper stats."

Their REASONING behind their predictions is simple. They still see the Patriots to be the team to beat. Until someone DOES.. until Brady loses a playoff game... UNTIL we actually WIN a playoff game...... then people are going to pick THEM over us. They have EARNED the right to be picked.

If we were the two-time defending Super Bowl Champions.... if our QB had won 10 playoff games in a row.... and the commentators were picking the OTHER team to win.... YOU GUYS WOULD BE SCREAMING YOUR HEAD Off.

The Patriots DESERVE to be picked to beat us in the playoffs. Brady has shown that when he's in the playoffs, he wins the Super Bowl. So lets just BEAT them and earn the respect, RATHER than expecting for people to simply GIVE it to us after getting SHALACKED the last two playoff games we have had.

Conquistadita
01-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Out of curiosity, if the Broncos lose, is it still disrespect after the fact, considering they'd be correct? This isn't a bash, just a hypothetical. Switch Broncos & Patriots around if you'd like. Had the Patriots lost Super Bowl XXXVI, would all the analysts sucking up to the Rams have been respecting the Patriots?

The Dark Knight
01-13-2006, 05:02 AM
Who gives a Crap what Collinsworth thinks

I'm sure there has to be at least a couple people.

I just wanted to point out that he changed his tune mid-week.

Mount-n-Groan
01-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Okay I updated them on pg 6... gave the nod to Sterling & Solomon...

Put Schlereth & Wingo in their own category. ;)

Schlereth can drop the water bottle and suit up. He and Golic have picked the Broncos on the ESPN Expert Picks Page (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent).

Theismann & Allen have picked the lesser team. :P

Salisbury, Hoge, Jaworski, & Mortimer pending.

No sleep 'til Patriot tears!!! :rockon:

Nomad Broncofan
01-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Steve Saban (FoxSportsRadio -morning) absolutely hates the Pats.

Pandapeep
01-13-2006, 03:06 PM
My lord, J Mariotti picked us to win!

lissierosew
01-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Because I am Military I will add Please. I am working in Maine and Im tired of NE Patriots going to the Superbowel. I have been a Dever fan all my life (since 5). I have the faith in you that you are going to the SUPERBOWEL! Your a great team :beer:

Mr. Watson
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
See. This bothers me. Since WHEN is someone NOT able to make a prediction strictly on gut feeling. Since when does WATCHING a team, or two teams, play not as "valuable" as the Numbers on paper? I would MUCH rather predict the outcome of ANY game based on watching and GUT feelings........ than picking the team with the best "paper stats."

Their REASONING behind their predictions is simple. They still see the Patriots to be the team to beat. Until someone DOES.. until Brady loses a playoff game... UNTIL we actually WIN a playoff game...... then people are going to pick THEM over us. They have EARNED the right to be picked.

If we were the two-time defending Super Bowl Champions.... if our QB had won 10 playoff games in a row.... and the commentators were picking the OTHER team to win.... YOU GUYS WOULD BE SCREAMING YOUR HEAD Off.

The Patriots DESERVE to be picked to beat us in the playoffs. Brady has shown that when he's in the playoffs, he wins the Super Bowl. So lets just BEAT them and earn the respect, RATHER than expecting for people to simply GIVE it to us after getting SHALACKED the last two playoff games we have had.

What bothers me is that it is an Analyst's JOB to breakdown matchup, and provide a un-biased compairsion. If ESPN or NFL Network decides to bring on
Janet Jackson or Jessica Simpson to discuss football picks then yes, I do not mind if they say they pick New England just because they think Tom Brady is Cute.

And if you really pay attention to what they are saying, its basically what is boils down to.

But I do totally agree with you in WHY (By the way I think your Keyboard is broken like every 8th word is in CAPS)
They pcik the Pats, by I disagree in how they do it.

If you or my boss or my wife pick the Pats "Just Cause" then thats fine,
But if it is your JOB, then do a little better, thats all I'm saying

BF_forever
01-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Are the New England Patriots going to keep alive their run to a third consecutive Super Bowl by pulling off the monumental task of beating the Broncos in Denver?

Yes.

Vic Carucci :duh:

MsAmerica40
01-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Schlereth can drop the water bottle and suit up. He and Golic have picked the Broncos on the ESPN Expert Picks Page (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent).

Oh we'll have tears, believe me.. Tears of JOY - For the 3rd year in a row.

MsAmerica40
01-13-2006, 09:56 PM

Oh we'll have tears, believe me.. Tears of JOY - For the 3rd year in a row. :beer

MsAmerica40
01-13-2006, 09:58 PM
Steve Saban (FoxSportsRadio -morning) absolutely hates the Pats.

AND THAT MATTERS?? LMAO.. Everyone is just plain JEALOUS!

MsAmerica40
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Because I am Military I will add Please. I am working in Maine and Im tired of NE Patriots going to the Superbowel. I have been a Dever fan all my life (since 5). I have the faith in you that you are going to the SUPERBOWEL! Your a great team :beer:

Suggestion: MOVE OUT OF NEW ENGLAND!

Elway
01-13-2006, 10:44 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Sean Salisbury
Peter King
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Mike Ditka
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oblemeyer
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Eric Allen
MIke Greenburg
Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Michael Irvin flipped to Denver
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Soulbender
01-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Elway

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
John Clayton

Add Tim Brown and Jason Sehorn to that list.

Elway
01-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Got them, Irvin flipped over and picked denver to win also now.

I already had Young & TJ on our side.

LAWoman
01-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Elway

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
John Clayton

Add Tim Brown and Jason Sehorn to that list.

Add Terrell Davis and Rod Woodson of NFL.com to this list. Heard it this morning.

Elway
01-14-2006, 11:40 AM
They are there also, thanks for the update

Hells Bells
01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Hells Bells-hater

:D just kidding. I think it will be a good game. I hope you Bronco fans have fun tailgating and enjoying the atmosphere of a playoff game, but I know you'll be coming home sad and angry!

TeflonPatriot
01-14-2006, 02:30 PM
They are there also, thanks for the update

The Day of Reckoning is upon you.

Patriots 31
Donkies 20

BroncoBurt
01-14-2006, 04:31 PM
Your funny

BroncFanIN
01-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Salsbury steak givin' the Broncos love on ESPN.

"The team no one talks about....this team could give either Pitt or Indy a run for their money next week..." :D

TeflonPatriot
01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Your funny

First off I didn't realize the Refs would throw the game Denver's way. You had home field and the Refs on your side. One we would have beat you, both was too much. Had to force plays that lead to turnovers.
Unless the refs make every call for you next week again you will be done as well.

The Big Dane
01-14-2006, 10:51 PM
How about that non call on the blatant holding of 68 (Neal?) on the long pass to set up the Givens TD? There'll always be questionable calls, blame those dumb special team fumbles instead of the refs.

Elway
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
First off I didn't realize the Refs would throw the game Denver's way. You had home field and the Refs on your side. One we would have beat you, both was too much. Had to force plays that lead to turnovers.
Unless the refs make every call for you next week again you will be done as well.

Well going by that criteria I guess you know how the Raiders felt.

bronc_fan23
01-14-2006, 11:13 PM
i think we should keep this thread here for next week to see who truely is on the broncos bench

BroncsOwnU
01-15-2006, 01:21 AM
Well going by that criteria I guess you know how the Raiders felt.

I think the official word on the Champ Bailey fumble is it was ruled a "Tuck".

imh
01-15-2006, 02:29 AM

What a classless post. You call Brown dropping a fair catch punt forcing a play? What about Hobbs fumbling a ball because of a hit by our punter? No my friend the Patriots had every opportunity to put points on the board and they didn't get the job done. You can whine about refs or home field or you can say good game you Broncos took advantage of our mistakes and beat us. See you next year. There are no conspiracies in football and although I do think that interference call and that touchback call could have gone either way it luckily went ours. Good luck to you Patriots and I hope we meet again next year. :beer:

PATRIOTFANFOREV
01-15-2006, 10:21 AM
OR DO THEY?
Id like to pretend to be a good sport and offer congrats to the broncos
so congrats :confused:
however id also like to say, that they cheated cheated and CHEATED
thier way through last nights game.
so pretending to be a good sport, we all know the patriots are now
and always will be better than the broncos
and Tom Brady has more class in his underware than jake plummer has in his whole entire body.
and the only way id ever call jake plummer is if my toilet was clogged
anyway best of luck- you may have won this time
but broncos will get caught
cheaters cant win forever
go ahead and ban my user name, I can understand why you wouldnt want someone like me around to remind you, that the broncos suck
and besides, i wont waste another precious minute of my time
telling you what you already know
PATRIOTS NUMBER 1 FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Davii
01-15-2006, 10:27 AM
OR DO THEY?
and Tom Brady has more class in his underware than jake plummer has in his whole entire body.
go ahead and ban my user name, I can understand why you wouldnt want someone like me around to remind you, that the broncos suck

Typical of a troll. Obviously your team is not better or they would have won. And cheating? This is the dumbest thing you or any other football fan could ever say. You see those guys wearing stripes? They're not inmates. They're referees. Grow up kid.

Nomad Broncofan
01-15-2006, 11:55 AM
OR DO THEY?

I'm glad BRONCO FANS have more class than Pats fan and here's your example!

BroncoBurt
01-15-2006, 12:36 PM
The Day of Reckoning is upon you.

Patriots 31
Donkies 20

As you were saying??

Elway
01-15-2006, 01:26 PM
OR DO THEY?

Better yet, we ban you for being a troll, a sore loser, having no knowledge of the game and failing to meet the required IQ level. You are the weakest link, buh-bye. :beer:

ColRockies_5
01-15-2006, 01:40 PM
add Gene Wojechowski (sp?) to the hater list

AsianOrange
01-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Linda Cohns -- Non-Hater

She openly said "Go Broncos!" as ESPNews went to commercials. :)

imh
01-15-2006, 07:02 PM
OR DO THEY?

Another classless post by a another classless Patriots fan. I can't understand all this hatred for the Broncos just because they got a few calls to go thier way. The Patriots have had thier moments of glory and this sour grapes is just pathetic. Things have been going the Pats way for years and now when another team beats them its cheating. You saying the Broncos suck just shows how ignorant adn pathetic you are. The Broncos were the better team on Saturday night and if the Pats had won that game I would have said the same thing about them. Have a great time at home during the rest of the playoffs! Good luck and I hope the Broncos play the Pats again next year. And may the best team win! :D

evilmauro
01-15-2006, 07:33 PM
This guy just needs to go to NE, unzip Brady's pants and start sucking.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2292944

Interpol
01-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Holy crap another one?

Dude, this is the 400th time this article has been posted.

Next time look around little before posting something.

bronc_fan23
01-15-2006, 07:43 PM
merge it............

PatrickdaDookie
01-15-2006, 08:32 PM
I usually just mutter "tuck rule" to Patriots fans, and they go away. =)

ColRockies_5
01-15-2006, 09:34 PM
add Qadry "The Rocket" Ismail the bandwagon...he picked us 27-20 on ESPNews The Blitz

den??
01-15-2006, 09:43 PM

so do u really wanta know why they are haters????? its bc DEN is pretty much the dirtiest team w/ JOhn lynch and Champ Bailey.

Not too many broncos fans bc they are dirty!!!! dont play fairly

Elway
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Peter King
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Mike Ditka
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oblemeyer
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Eric Allen
MIke Greenburg
Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton
Linda Cohen
Sean Salisbury
Quadray Ismael

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Lets update for this wek as we know who is picking who.

Elway
01-15-2006, 10:15 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Peter King
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oblemeyer
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Eric Allen
MIke Greenburg
Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton
Linda Cohen
Sean Salisbury
Quadray Ismael
Mike Ditka

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Lets update for this week as we know who is picking who.

TeflonPatriot
01-15-2006, 11:29 PM
As you were saying??

If I had known the refs were going to interfere with the outcome of the game I would have reversed my predicted score.

Pats 20
NFL Refs/Donkies 31

bronxs
01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
If I had known the refs were going to interfere with the outcome of the game I would have reversed my predicted score.

Pats 20
NFL Refs/Donkies 31
Your still here? Cry to someone who cares.

bronc_fan23
01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
dang it.........steak just said we are going to the super bowl......jinx?

phocused
01-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Sometimes it feels good to put things in perspective:

http://home.comcast.net/~justin_wilson/GeneSux.jpg

BroncoFlyhalf
01-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Salisbury did pick us to lose to Carolina in the Super Bowl....

Anyone mention Andrew Perloff from si.com yet? Add this hipster to those who claim the "better" team lost Saturday night. Good pro-Bronco banter can be found at the bottom:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/andrew_perloff/01/16/divisional/index.html

Blue n Orange
01-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldnt find it in the last 7 or so pages of this thread.

Cris Carter (of Yahoo! Sports) blows my mind every week. And he definitely didnt disappoint this week either. He goes from saying "give the Broncos some credit" (or atleast that was what the article's like was entitled)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsSzV7_xtA83E.tbYHmkkFA5nYcB?slug=cc-afcpoints011406&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

but then in the Predictions section..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs

he goes out and says that "Pittsburgh's newfound passing game will be key" (not against our corners, by the way) and that the Steelers will carry momentum from a huge win at Indy.

Wait a minute, wasn't that the game the Steelers almost lost, if it werent for a very lucky tackle by #7? And how bout the Broncos?? Who beat the two-time defending champions, when we were underdogs at home!

.. and now we're underdogs again... and at home again...

The media jus blows my mind.

Im gonna make some predictions right here, right now:

Broncos over Steelers 21-10
Panthers over Seahawks 24-23

And, of course, we are gonna be underdogs in the Superbowl, speaking of which:

Broncos over Panthers 17-3

Thomas4Broncos
01-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I read Cris Carter's article also...well let the world continue to ignore the true strength of Broncos...it is better to play as an underdog and prove otherwise...I just hope the coaches and the players are not been seduced by the odds makers...Steelers is a touch road team and we will have to play another great game...need the offense to click more especially the running game.

I am confident Broncos will win as long as they do not get overconfident...which I doubt Shanahan (& the veteran leaders) will allow to happen.

bronc_fan23
01-16-2006, 03:49 PM
everybody is still picking the steelers....so much for the steelers being the underdog....we were favored last week to odds wise but all the experts picked NE....i guess we will have to prove them wrong again this week

Thomas4Broncos
01-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I hope Terry Bradshaw will continue to feed the Steelers about a "sure bet". I hope Steelers do the same and look beyond this coming weekend...better for Broncos when they beat them

greatestever27
01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
C'mon gimme a break... Broncos still getting no props from anybody! Of course there's this one guy named Gonzalez, from Kansas City, who thinks Denver will win it all. I saw it on the Budweiser Hot Seat last week.

Tony Gonzalez - Hater who knows better

And for the record, I kinda like when everybody doubts the Broncos... it feels better when they're proven wrong.

AZ Snake Fan
01-16-2006, 05:04 PM
---Coach Mike Ditka just picked Denver to win it all on the "Open Mike" segment of ESPN's Sportscenter --- :cheers:

Elway
01-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Added Ditka, I was watching him pick. Irvin just waffled but looks like he is leaning towards Pitt.

We need a whiners bench for these Pats fans still, as if the refs caused them to have5 turnovers. :confused:

ColRockies_5
01-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Is there an official list that I'm not seeing?

Because I dont want to repeat names you already have, but Jeremy Green on espn.com's chats has picked us two weeks in a row now

Elway
01-16-2006, 10:16 PM
So far:

HATERS BENCH

Mike Golic
Peter King
Jim Rome
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oberman
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Eric Allen

Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Michael Irvin
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton
Linda Cohen
Sean Salisbury
Quadray Ismael
Mike Ditka
Jeremy Green
Mike Greenburg

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

I've moved people as they made their picks, so if people here something diffeent than what we have just let me know. :beer:

bronc_fan23
01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Elway.....Mike Golic picked us to win last week....but i dont know yet who he picks this week

BroncFanIN
01-17-2006, 07:16 AM
I see Sean Salisbury changed benches.

wow-I-am-so-shocked. :goofy:

bronxs
01-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Mike golic picked pittsburgh.

Elway
01-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Golic.. got it.... More of Mike & Mike mental madness. :goofy:

Nomad Broncofan
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Jim Rome interviewing nothing but ex Steeler players. The fellow has in for the Broncos with his bad karma.

dabaker
01-18-2006, 07:05 PM

HATERS BENCH: SEAN SALISBURY Chris Carter

dabaker
01-18-2006, 07:16 PM
I just remember the time when he put the Bronco foam hat on his head, and the last couple of weeks, when CBS does polling, and the Broncos are in that poll, there are 2 times when I can remember him shouting "Broncos Nation!"

If anything, he's a Bronco fan....but I did notice he didnt pick the winner of this game in his article on nfl.com

His brother Sterling, however...HE CAN BE VERY LOUD :eek:

I don't care the punter got him to fumble :cheers:

Truck123
01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Mike golic picked pittsburgh.

He had both teams tied. His tie breaker was Special Teams and he chose Pittsburgh to break the tie. Everyone in the country should be realizing that this game is a mirror image of each team.

Steelers to DET is my pick, for the obvious reasons that they are my hometown team. But, if they are off their "A" Game at all, it will be tough to walk out of there with a W.

Champ Baily
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
undefined

Ok so I have been over to there messege board. And in everysingle thread they say we have know chance. First of all Bettis you are NONE AND DONE, I am sorry I had respect for the Steelers and there fan's untill I started reading what they where saying. They honestly think they are just going to walk in to OUR house and win. Sorry but it's not going to happen I declare its going to be a great game. But the Bronco's are on a mission and they are not going to stop.

Elway
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Rome and Carter are in their place on the haters bench. ;)

AZ Snake Fan
01-20-2006, 07:53 AM
--- Greenie picked Denver --- ( oh no! )
--- Golic --- steelers
--- "Stink" --- Denver

Elway
01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
1/20/6 2:45 pm

HATERS BENCH

Mike Golic
Peter King
Jim Rome
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oberman
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Sal Palantonio
Doug Gottli ESPN game night
Eric Allen

Vic Carucci

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Michael Irvin
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton
Linda Cohen
Sean Salisbury
Quadray Ismael
Mike Ditka
Jeremy Green
Mike Greenburg (reluctantly)

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Ok... haven't seen to many of the experts weigh in officially yet... doubt this list will change much when they do.

david9
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
The entire NFL hierarchy and most of the media hate Denver because of John Elway. He didn't toe the party line and go to the Colts like a good boy and had the audacity to go out and win two super bowls. They don't want Denver to win another super bowl because then they can no longer say it was only because of the hated John Elway that they won them. The saddest part is they'll be back on the bandwagon when Denver wins it all.

Elway
01-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Sal Palantonio

Officially climbed aboard the Steelers wagon.... hopefully.... or maybe not hopefully they didn't injure themselves leaping off the Colts wagon.

Southstander
01-20-2006, 11:38 PM
If you watched the Tonight Show, tonight Bob Uecker said not only did he likes the Broncos but he likes Jake Plummer, thats right Uecker is a member of the church of St Jake :beer:

Southstander
01-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Jim Rome interviewing nothing but ex Steeler players. The fellow has in for the Broncos with his bad karma.

But his guest on Rome Is Burning Today was Lynch, So we got the karma last :beer:

MyBroncos
01-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Broncs are gonna rock .

cali steel
01-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Soon Steelers will have five. Howmany do donkeys have? ahhhhhhh

Snk16
01-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Adam Schefter is a NON HATER

He says it's a Seattle-Denver Super Bowl.

Elway
01-21-2006, 09:40 PM
11:38 12/21/06

HATERS BENCH

Mike Golic
Peter King
Jim Rome
Dan Patrick
Chris Berman
Dan Marino
Chris Carter
Skip Bayliss
Jim Mora
Tony Kornheiser
Micheal Wilbon
Bradshaw
Howie Long
Aikman
Mike Florio
Madden
Keith Oberman
Emerson Walls
Eddie Geoerge
Brian Cox
Len Pasqualli
JT the Brick
Joe Theisman
Don Banks
Irv Brown
Joe Williams
Adam Schein
Pat Kerwin
Tim Ryan
Randy Cross
Bill Walton
Dr. Z
Vinnie Iyer
Will Carroll
Clark Judge
Merril Hodge
Ron Jaworski
Sal Palantonio
Doug Gottli ESPN game night
Eric Allen

Vic Carucci

[/QUOTE]

Broncos Bench

John Elway
Tom Jackson
Woody Paige
Colin Cowherd
Shannon Sharpe- possibly
Adam Shefter
Phil Simms
Eric D ickerson
Michael Smith
James Hasty
Chris Mortenson
Lou from Littleton
Dave Logan
Chris Meyers
Amy Lawrence
Karl Mecklenberg
Jeremy Green
Jay Novacek
Mike Tainer
Tony Gonzales
Cris Collinsworth
Sterling Sharpe
Solomon Wilcotts
Bob Costas
Mark Schlereth
Steve Saban
J. Mariotti
Tim Brown
Jason Seahorn
Michael Irvin
Terrell Davis
Rod Woodson
John Clayton
Linda Cohen
Sean Salisbury
Quadray Ismael
Mike Ditka
Bob Euker
Jeremy Green
Ben Leiber from the Chargers
Mike Greenburg (reluctantly)

Waterboy Duty

Trey Wingo

Let me know if we need any updates

BroncFanIN
01-22-2006, 05:53 AM
Last week, Brian Cox, from Fox Sports Radio (who had picked the Pats to win last week) is going with the Broncos this week.

He made a good point about Jake Plummer. He said the bootleg is the best option for Jake, since it shuts down half the field and gives him an easy read.

He got on board very reluctantly. He was on the Jets team that we beat for the AFC Championship game. He said Mike Shanahan let John Elway pass and "run up the score" even though the game was in our hands. We won that game 23-10. He's not...bitter or anything? :goofy:

super_boltz
01-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Peter King...Hater

peter king is a chargers fan.

super_boltz
01-22-2006, 02:28 PM
peter king is a chargers fan.

just like pete prisco is a faiders fan.