PDA

View Full Version : Fan Rally this Friday at 6:00

Denver Native
01-09-2006, 04:57 PM
From Broncos homepage:

24 Hours to Kickoff Fan Rally
Join the Denver Broncos, Broncos Radio 850 KOA and CBS4, the Broncos Insiders, at INVESCO Field at Mile High on Friday, Jan. 13, at 6 p.m. for the 24 Hours to Kickoff fan rally!

The Broncos are hosting our first playoff game in seven years, and this is your chance to come out and show your support!

Former Denver Broncos Tyrone Braxton, Steve Foley, Howard Griffith, BIlly Thompson and others will be on hand to share their playoff memories
Hosted by 850 KOA's Dave Logan and CBS4's Vic Lombardi
Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders, Stampede and Miles
Jake Plummer look-alike contest for tickets to the game!
Show up early in your Broncos gear for your chance to win the following prizes!

Be the honorary fan captain and be at midfield for the coin toss
Accept the game ball from Thunder during pregame ceremonies
Have your kid watch the game from the sidelines and retrieve the tee every time the Broncos kick off
Other playoff ticket packages
Autographed Broncos merchandise
Look for more details throughout the week, and be there Friday to celebrate 24 Hours to Kickoff of the divisional playoff game against the Patriots!

BroncFanIN
01-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I shall be there in spirit! :beer:

watchthemiddle
01-09-2006, 05:07 PM
That is going to be awesome!!! too bad I have to work. I love this!!!

I am getting the chills just thinking about it. I remember back in the day when we were in the playoffs and winning and having home playoff games and this city goes crazy. This is going to get everything going for saturday. Can't wait!!!!

BroncoManiac_69
01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Fan Rallys are awesome. Sounds like fun and the kids always love these things. Wish I could be there.

Two specific one's from the past really gave me chills.

1) After the Broncos beat Cleveland for the AFC Championship (The Drive Game) a friend of mine and I decided to go to the airport to welcome back the team. Us and about 50,000 others had the same thing in mind. LOL! What chaos. What an experience. There was so much traffic that people were just leaving their cars in the road because they thought they might miss seeing the team get off the plane. This all happened at old Stapleton Airport. Not exactly an organized fan rally but what memories. Broncomania rules.

2) The pep rally at Mile High Stadium on Jan. 18 1987. The big send off to the Super Bowl. Over 60,000 fans showed up and that was incredible. I remember practicing the defense wave by levels rather than sections. Too bad it never got going the following season because that was an incredible sight and was much MUCH louder than when each section would stand up and yell DEFENSE! Broncomania rules.

The feeling of Broncomania and how we fans love this team is unmatched in this league.

Have fun ya'll! :beer:

bfallona
01-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I will be going as I can't afford to go to the game ( Plus my Grandaughter's 2nd birthday is that afternoon). Should be a fun time especially the Jake look alike. And seeing the former players. When I lived in Tampa ever week the radio station had 2-3 players and the Bucs cheerleaders show up at a local mall. Met Doug Williams and Lee Roy Selmon etc. Great time and I wish Denver did more of things like that. See ya all there.

BroncoAdam
01-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Pics from the Jake Plummer look a like is a must!

Denver Native
01-10-2006, 09:02 PM
Fan Rallys are awesome. Sounds like fun and the kids always love these things. Wish I could be there.

1) After the Broncos beat Cleveland for the AFC Championship (The Drive Game) a friend of mine and I decided to go to the airport to welcome back the team. Us and about 50,000 others had the same thing in mind. LOL! What chaos. What an experience. There was so much traffic that people were just leaving their cars in the road because they thought they might miss seeing the team get off the plane. This all happened at old Stapleton Airport. Not exactly an organized fan rally but what memories. Broncomania rules.

2) The pep rally at Mile High Stadium on Jan. 18 1987. The big send off to the Super Bowl. Over 60,000 fans showed up and that was incredible. I remember practicing the defense wave by levels rather than sections. Too bad it never got going the following season because that was an incredible sight and was much MUCH louder than when each section would stand up and yell DEFENSE! Broncomania rules.

The feeling of Broncomania and how we fans love this team is unmatched in this league.

Oh, I was also at both the rallys you mentioned. The one at Stapleton Airport was just nuts - and I definitely remember Elway shouting WOW over and over. Great memories.

Casper Bronco
01-10-2006, 09:56 PM
That is going to be awesome!!! too bad I have to work. I love this!!!

There is no way I would work if I had to.

BroncoManiac_69
01-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Oh, I was also at both the rallys you mentioned. The one at Stapleton Airport was just nuts - and I definitely remember Elway shouting WOW over and over. Great memories.

I gave you a CP for being at both of those too! :beer:

We were fortunate that night at Stapleton. We did a side road and got to park about 500 feet from the fenced area and got right up next to the fence. Meanwhile, all those crazy people that left their cars on the road had to go and call the tow yards. LOL.

That was the most bizarre showing of fan support I have ever witnessed.

Southstander
01-11-2006, 12:28 AM
I have to work :ugh:

2 Minute Warning
01-11-2006, 06:50 AM
I shall be there in spirit! :beer:

Me too!!! :beer:

lynchandplummer
01-11-2006, 10:22 AM
My dad and sis drove out to the airport that day too! And i was at the pep rally at Mile High. Ah, the memories! I'll be there Friday for the rally, anyone know what parking is going to be like? Can we just park at Invesco for free?

Orangecrush40
01-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Dude, I wished that I could be there.
I would so win a Jake Plummer look a like contest right now it wouldn't even be fummy. I have grown my hair out and I refuse to shave my beard until Jake does. And to top it all off I am from Jake's neck of the woods.
Do you think any of you could pony up for me a ride to Denver from Boise ? I would be eternally grateful

Crush77
01-11-2006, 12:39 PM
I think Bradley Van Pelt is going to win the Jake Plummer look alike Competition....

Steve_Harbula
01-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Parking will be free in the stadium lots. Should be a good time. Even I'll be there! :)

BroncoFanCam
01-11-2006, 06:26 PM
http://850koa.com/events/rally.html :beer: I wish I could be there... :crying smiley:

Sam_Z
01-11-2006, 09:56 PM
Stupid question but is there a charge to get in?

qnred
01-12-2006, 07:11 AM
I am so envious of anyone who is attending the fan rally. I am a fan from what seems right now to a be a world away....I hope all have a great time showing the Broncos what amazing support and faith their fans have....
I don't know about the rest of you but i am just overwhelmed waiting for Saturday..I have butterflies...GO BRONCOS GO
From a loyal devoted BRONC fan way up here in CANADA...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go CHAMP BAILEY sack TOM BRADY...!!!!!!!!!!
Girl in Niagara Falls, Canada....

qnred
01-12-2006, 07:43 AM
so excited i put sack..retract that ...intercept....lol..
GO BRONCOS........
Is it Saturday yet?

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Stupid question but is there a charge to get in?

Free to get in, and free parking

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 08:37 AM
From KOA website:

Still looking for tickets to the game? The first 1,000 fans to show up will get a FREE raffle ticket.

BlueDamsel
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I will be going as I can't afford to go to the game ( Plus my Grandaughter's 2nd birthday is that afternoon). Should be a fun time especially the Jake look alike. And seeing the former players. When I lived in Tampa ever week the radio station had 2-3 players and the Bucs cheerleaders show up at a local mall. Met Doug Williams and Lee Roy Selmon etc. Great time and I wish Denver did more of things like that. See ya all there.

Well there are quite a few tv shows that are like this...

There's one at Old Chicagos on Monday nights- John Lynch & one other player every week

I'm not sure where the others are anymore -- there used to be the Eddie Mac show at ESPN zone on Monday nights, and the Mike Shannahan show at one of the local breweries, with one player every week. Mike Anderson would do a radio show at Brooklyns, I believe, etc.

They don't announce who the player is going to be at the shows, but sometimes if you call ahead to the location, they'll tell you who it's rumored to be.

As far as the fan rally, unfortunatly, I have to make SOME money this week, since I've been out sick...Plus I don't want to drive down there by myself, so I'd have to find someone to go with me...And I'm not going to sit at my b/f's job all day or go to the mall all day before the rally...

Steve_Harbula
01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
there used to be the Eddie Mac show at ESPN zone on Monday nights...

And speaking of Eddie Mac...

...he's now coming to the rally!

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
And speaking of Eddie Mac...

...he's now coming to the rally!

Great to hear that - I have been kind of disappointed, as it appeared to me that Eddie Mac had kind of dropped out of the "Bronco" scene.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Eddie Mac!

Fellow Broncomaniacs, have a great time at the rally! It sounds like a great time! :D Think of us fellow maniacs who will be there in spirit!

Would it be possible to post on the Broncos website the Jake look a-likes, and othe rally pics? Those pics will be classics! :beer:

broncofan428
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
From Broncos homepage:

24 Hours to Kickoff Fan Rally
Join the Denver Broncos, Broncos Radio 850 KOA and CBS4, the Broncos Insiders, at INVESCO Field at Mile High on Friday, Jan. 13, at 6 p.m. for the 24 Hours to Kickoff fan rally!

The Broncos are hosting our first playoff game in seven years, and this is your chance to come out and show your support!

Former Denver Broncos Tyrone Braxton, Steve Foley, Howard Griffith, BIlly Thompson and others will be on hand to share their playoff memories
Hosted by 850 KOA's Dave Logan and CBS4's Vic Lombardi
Performances by the Denver Broncos Cheerleaders, Stampede and Miles
Jake Plummer look-alike contest for tickets to the game!
Show up early in your Broncos gear for your chance to win the following prizes!

Be the honorary fan captain and be at midfield for the coin toss
Accept the game ball from Thunder during pregame ceremonies
Have your kid watch the game from the sidelines and retrieve the tee every time the Broncos kick off
Other playoff ticket packages
Autographed Broncos merchandise
Look for more details throughout the week, and be there Friday to celebrate 24 Hours to Kickoff of the divisional playoff game against the Patriots!

I will be there I am coming from New Mexico to be there

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I will be there I am coming from New Mexico to be there

Hope you have a safe trip, and enjoy the rally. The first 1000 people at the rally will be given a raffle ticket to win tickets to the game, and it was announced today that Eddie Mac will be at the rally.

broncofan428
01-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Hope you have a safe trip, and enjoy the rally. The first 1000 people at the rally will be given a raffle ticket to win tickets to the game, and it was announced today that Eddie Mac will be at the rally.

That's cool I also have tickets it will be my first time going to a BRONCOS game and I am syked I have been a fan since I was born my dad was born and raised in denver so naturally I love the city and all the teams. But my favorite is the BRONCOS!!!!!!!!! I actually got 1st level seats in the north endzone sec 113 so I can't wait I am going to go crazy this is going to be the best day of my life. I can't wait to see them crush the patsies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Will someone at this rally...PLEASE spread the word about wearing orange on Saturday!!!!

Let's go Broncos....Let's go Broncomaniacs....MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

WEAR ORANGE SATURDAY!!!!!

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
That's cool I also have tickets it will be my first time going to a BRONCOS game and I am syked I have been a fan since I was born my dad was born and raised in denver so naturally I love the city and all the teams. But my favorite is the BRONCOS!!!!!!!!! I actually got 1st level seats in the north endzone sec 113 so I can't wait I am going to go crazy this is going to be the best day of my life. I can't wait to see them crush the patsies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if you have heard or not, but many Bronco fans want a sea of ORANGE in the stadium Saturday night - so you need to wear orange, and MAKE NOISE.

Crush77
01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Thats right and please do your part in helping spread the word by cut & pasting these email addresses and sending a short email to them asking them to spread the word. The more coverage the more likely we can make this happen.

Thanks!
GO BRONCOS!!!!
2005 AFC Divisional Champions!!!

drew.soicher@9news.com; amaniali@850koa.com; sharon_peters@gazette.com; sports@denverpost.com; tspence@fan950.com; scottandal@fan950.com, irvandjoe@fan950.com; governorowens@state.co.us

broncofan428
01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Don't know if you have heard or not, but many Bronco fans want a sea of ORANGE in the stadium Saturday night - so you need to wear orange, and MAKE NOISE.

Deal will do I will also get my wife something orange

watchthemiddle
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey, I am going to be at the game. I signed the banner at the local mall here and its going to be posted on the field at the game.

Crush77
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM

Save your money leave the wife and bring me instead!!!

bronc_fan23
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
I wish I lived in Pueblo again.......

Sam_Z
01-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Free to get in, and free parking
:eek: Free parking, Im there!!!!

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan428

Save your money leave the wife and bring me instead!!!

NO...Me!!!
:P

Born a Bronco
01-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I would give up my left nut to be there

Jared
01-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Please post smack in the appropriate forum.

Thanks.

BroncFanIN
01-13-2006, 12:29 PM

Thanks.
Sorry about that, Jared :(

2 Minute Warning
01-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I saw on Denver News channels, folks are arriving for the pep rally, looks like soooooooo much fun! :D

Steedstampede
01-13-2006, 04:45 PM
1 hour and 15 minutes people. Be there...if you can. i live in the Bay Area..so I will do my own little rally here :D

and.....

WEAR ORANGE!!!! :beer: :beer:

bfallona
01-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Just got back from the rally nice. Traffic was a mess getting there, but worth it. Great Band and Channel 4 broadcast the rally with Dave Logan. Howard Griffith, Billy Thompson, Tryone Braxton, and Eddie Mac was there. Eddie got a kick out of the Eddie Eddie chant. Cheerleaders performed a lot of dances and then Logan showed us the film that the fans will see at the game - it was sweet with the Denver Horse running over the Patriot's helmet. The only thing I didn't like was the players had an autograph table and were only there for about 15 minutes. They should have it starting earlier and more events going on. But not bad for the first time at Invesco. Go Broncos. I can feel the excitment growing!!

PS: It was wild seeing the Pats arrive in Denver at 5pm and trying to go down I-70 to downtown where they are staying.

BroncoManiac_69
01-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Thanks.

Jared this whole playoff forum seems to be turning into smack. Sorry but I am one of the guilty ones.

But playoffs bring out the emotions BIG TIME!

Crush77
01-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Just got back from the rally nice. Traffic was a mess getting there, but worth it. Great Band and Channel 4 broadcast the rally with Dave Logan. Howard Griffith, Billy Thompson, Tryone Braxton, and Eddie Mac was there. Eddie got a kick out of the Eddie Eddie chant. Cheerleaders performed a lot of dances and then Logan showed us the film that the fans will see at the game - it was sweet with the Denver Horse running over the Patriot's helmet. The only thing I didn't like was the players had an autograph table and were only there for about 15 minutes. They should have it starting earlier and more events going on. But not bad for the first time at Invesco. Go Broncos. I can feel the excitment growing!!

PS: It was wild seeing the Pats arrive in Denver at 5pm and trying to go down I-70 to downtown where they are staying.

I also attended and actually had thought it was going to be in the Stadium... The pep rally at least, wasn't expecting to be dancing on the feild or anything haha... I also thought they could have made it a lot more exciting had they configured it better. Not trying to gripe, I had an awesome time and saw some crazy fans (myself included), chanted Eddie Eddie and loved it when the crowd started chanting Super Bowl. Actually I was getting concerned about those that might attened the game tomorrow as I did not want hoarse (no pun intended) fans when brady is scrambling for his life before Darrant Williams (The new #27) comes in for the sack, as did Steve Atwater by begging the crowd to save their voice.

I can not remember the last time I was this excited before a game, ok the Super Bowl against Farve may come close...

Were they able to hold up the Patriots at all? Would hate for them to be inconvienced in any way as they are the most Dis-respected team in the NFL you know....