PDA

View Full Version : Lets blitz like crazy

Broncos04Champs
01-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, 8 in the box, 9 in the box, Blitz 2 drop 9, I want to see it all! Look I know not all of us like Coyer and his "crazy schemes" But if you have 2 solid corners, you can try some crazy blitzes, and they have worked all year.

If we can get our crowd all lathered up early with some incompletions and sacks on Brady, the momentum will be hard to stop.

HidEmu
01-09-2006, 05:25 PM
a good lead to start the game would be nice

Steedstampede
01-09-2006, 05:26 PM
I think we should start out playing them like we started out playing Philly. Blitz early..with everyone, just to get them out of rythem, then mix it up a bit. I think everyone on the D should have a chance to get a Blitz :D We have to be a little careful though. I hope our team isn't too amped up, because sometimes, that works against you. Man...I hope we win this game. Though it is kinda nice that nobody expects us to do anything. I love the UNDERDOG role, even if the point spread says different, all the "analyst" are already looking to the AFCCG!!!

Go Broncos!!!

Emancipator
01-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Blitz as long as we can get to Brady. I know we will win this game B04Champs. :beer:

bronxs
01-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Zone blitzes, corner blitzes, safety blitzes, 8 in the box, 9 in the box, Blitz 2 drop 9, I want to see it all! Look I know not all of us like Coyer and his "crazy schemes" But if you have 2 solid corners, you can try some crazy blitzes, and they have worked all year.

If we can get our crowd all lathered up early with some incompletions and sacks on Brady, the momentum will be hard to stop.
Easy killer, got to mix it up, can't blitz all the time, remember, the pats are looking at every game footage of them and us. They are gonna know their stuff. I hope we can disguise some things well, and maybe I hope the team changed some of their signals.

xX-Bronco-Xx
01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Blitz with Lynch worked like magic against the Bolts.

To bad it probably won't work this game :ugh:

watchthemiddle
01-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Brady needs to be hit early. He won't get rattled, but we need to hit him often. Make him rush his throws. Look what KC did to him in KC. Look what SD did to him in NE.

Elway
01-09-2006, 05:38 PM
You don't want to go Blitz happy, you want to time them like we did vs San Diego. How often did we sack Brady last game? Last thing we need is for them to max protect and he hits a big one to givens. Whatever we do we need to disquise our schemes better.

bronxs
01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
You don't want to go Blitz happy, you want to time them like we did vs San Diego. How often did we sack Brady last game? Last thing we need is for them to max protect and he hits a big one to givens. Whatever we do we need to disquise our schemes better.
I have a hunch that they know they can't run the ball well, but they will do it JUST enough to keep us honest, but they will max protect the entire game. If nothing is there, he will dumb it off to a check down reciever. Oh no, I'm getting some nightmares, someone make it go away. Wait, our linebackers are SPEED DEMONS. Hmm, maybe it won't be so bad.

Vulcan
01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
"Live by the blitz, die by the blitz."

ludaman3167
01-09-2006, 05:42 PM
Are you kidding me! Blitzing is definetly the key! I want Al Wilson to close line brady with that cast he is going to be playing with! But, another thing I do want to see in the middle of the third quarter is that beautiful package we like to call Nickle BLITZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the way we screwed with Bledsoe's head on turkey day with Nickle blitz. I think Brady will react the same way or eve worse to it once we switch to it around that time. keep the Champ one on one and the line backers stacked up then as soon as the snap darrent and the boyz would back up into their zone and I'm expecting The head of mr. brady to be moving like a bobble head before ekuban or the one of the big boys on the d-line pounces on him for a million yard lost :goofy: . I can imagine fat boy Bellichick on the sideline :mad: !

oh what a play that would be! :D

prediction

Denver 28- Patriots 23
(Plummer will struggle durning the whole game but will finally slither his groove thing into a game winning drive 18-28-1Td-1Int.)(Bell will be running like he got the starting role on the visa commercial and brady will be bumbed down to Fraud monitoring. 98yds running and 23yds rec. 2tds). Lets see who will get the int? that's a coin flip for me but i got to say #25 himself Nick. nobody pays attention to him... and thats how we like it.

Broncos04Champs
01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Obviously there is a happy medium and you can't blitz TOO much or ALL the time... I just hope our defense sticks to "what got them here" instead of being all like "oh its the playoffs lets get real conservative"

A lot of times teams in the playoffs play to "not lose" instead of play to win. Disguising the blitzes will be the key.

sharp_shepherd
01-09-2006, 05:57 PM

Let's pull a Carson Palmer.

Broncos04Champs
01-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Let's pull a Carson Palmer.

I hope your kidding cause even if that would of happened to a Raiders QB I would of felt horrible for the guy. If you don't have sympathy for a players career being threatened by a major knee injury, you obviously weren't around for Terrell Davis :(

Emancipator
01-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I hope your kidding cause even if that would of happened to a Raiders QB I would of felt horrible for the guy. If you don't have sympathy for a players career being threatened by a major knee injury, you obviously weren't around for Terrell Davis :(
That is a class act comment 04Champs :beer: . Well I just include the cp I gave you earlier with this one. You are right. Players don't even wish and injury on another player. Fans should not go there either. I remember playing football and we would never try to injury another player. We wanted to hurt them but not injur. Hurt in the since that they get up but didn't wnat to come your way again. That 's football. That's sportsmanship but hard playing football.

sharp_shepherd
01-09-2006, 06:15 PM

I apologize for the comment....It tore me up to lose T.D.

Orangecrush40
01-09-2006, 07:24 PM
What we need to do is bring 6,7,8 men up to the line as if to Big Blitz and then drop back into coverage and only rush the 4 down lineman. If they pass on us,we can fool rady hopefully to throw to a checkdown receiver for short yardage or even better have defenders show up where Brady is thinking they should be and we get the Pick 6. If they run,we got 8 men in the box and too many tacklers for the blockers.

Sharpe's Mouth
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Have Chukawah (spell?) line up 25 yards off the line and have him start running up to the line when the Patriots start to set.

LiquidBlue
01-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I just want to see a Wilson, Gold, DJ Williams and 3 man front blitz for the first 10 times or so. Take them out of their rhythm but that would call for great coverage down-field from Ferguson, Lynch, Bailey, and Da. Williams. I'm not saying they can't. They easily can, but it's more of my fear of Brady beating the blitz.