PDA

View Full Version : In the Patriots recent SB run, what ...........

BroncosRPH
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Significant ROAD victory in the playoffs have they had besides beating Cowher in the AFC championship games in 2001 and last year???? (and who hasn't done that???--only indy in 1996) The answer---------NONE!!!! andthe nation will see on Saturday night that NE went from 4-4 to 10-6 because of their soft schedule in the AFC LEAST. Their "D" improved, yeah, against the NYJ, Bills, dolphins and Saints. From week 8 on, they played 2 top 10 offenses..........Indy and KC--the result???? LOSSES!!!! Broncos fans--this is the best 2nd round matchup we could have had considering the teams left in the AFC, Indy and Pitt. Have no fear---------------PIT @ DEN in a week and 1/2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

watchthemiddle
01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_172651.jpg

Nuff said...thanks Deuce

Maurice_Clarett
01-09-2006, 09:19 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/Top%20Stories/2005/clarett_maurice_050818.jpg

Sharpe's Mouth
01-09-2006, 09:26 PM
Maurice,

What's up tubby?

Are those jailhouse bars more confining than the bars you are used to frequenting?

Maurice_Clarett
01-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't go into no bars. I hang out behind the bars, much more money involved, man.

Sharpe's Mouth
01-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Just like you gave up the guaranteed money with the Broncos, your victims, er, I mean friends were able to talk you out of their wallets for a cell phone instead?

Did you get to keep the phone?

Maurice_Clarett
01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
They totally ripped me off! They was supposed to let me play so I could pick up my incentives and get paid like the first rounder I really am!

But I've got it in for them. They'll pay. Some day I'll be a star and they'll regret cutting me.

Calif. Bronco
01-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Significant ROAD victory in the playoffs have they had besides beating Cowher in the AFC championship games in 2001 and last year?

In fairness to the Pats, beating Pittsburgh twice in the playoffs was pretty impressive. I don't think they've had too many other road games during this run, have they?

Look, I think we're going to win too, but to say they have "only" two road playoff wins when they haven't had any others is a bit nonsensical, don't you think?

Give them their due - they've won three of the last four SuperBowls and have been the best team in football for a few years now. It's about to end on Saturday, but that doesn't diminish what they have done, IMHO.

rcsodak
01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
I think I've heard that an 'away' game at Pitt, is as good as a 'home' game..... :D

watchthemiddle
01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I think I've heard that an 'away' game at Pitt, is as good as a 'home' game..... :D

Kind of like a away game at SD...LOL

aaronheeb
01-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Kind of like a away game at SD...LOL

isnt that the truth.... SD fans are the worst. when you go to a SD game their are more tailgaters for Denver then SD....

Southstander
01-10-2006, 02:59 AM
http://www.patsfanwesty.com/Game102713.jpg

Lord Rumble
01-10-2006, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=BroncosRPH]Significant ROAD victory in the playoffs have they had besides beating Cowher in the AFC championship games in 2001 and last year???? (and who hasn't done that???--only indy in 1996) The answer---------NONE!!!! [QUOTE]

Have you ever watched a football game before? Did you see how the Patriots laid waste to the Jaguars this past Saturday? Does that look like a defense that only feasted on bad teams? And to go into Heinz field and play a 14-2 Steelers team last year (which was a superior team to this Denver team) and win was a major accomplishment. Not only did they win, but they DOMINATED on the road (41-27 I believe).

The altitude must affect brain activity because after 3 Super Bowls and a half season of dominating performances you still don't get it.

Patriots are going to win 31-17.

Coach Shanahan will be smart to try to keep Jake The Fake from killing you guys. He doesn't have an injured Duane Starks to pick on this time and I think he may be a little less comfortable with a healthy Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi chasing him around.

Nice season guys. Bring on the Colts.

BANJOPICKER1
01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=BroncosRPH]Significant ROAD victory in the playoffs have they had besides beating Cowher in the AFC championship games in 2001 and last year???? (and who hasn't done that???--only indy in 1996) The answer---------NONE!!!! [QUOTE]

Have you ever watched a football game before? Did you see how the Patriots laid waste to the Jaguars this past Saturday? Does that look like a defense that only feasted on bad teams? And to go into Heinz field and play a 14-2 Steelers team last year (which was a superior team to this Denver team) and win was a major accomplishment. Not only did they win, but they DOMINATED on the road (41-27 I believe).

The altitude must affect brain activity because after 3 Super Bowls and a half season of dominating performances you still don't get it.

Patriots are going to win 31-17.

Coach Shanahan will be smart to try to keep Jake The Fake from killing you guys. He doesn't have an injured Duane Starks to pick on this time and I think he may be a little less comfortable with a healthy Richard Seymour and Tedy Bruschi chasing him around.

Nice season guys. Bring on the Colts.

Your own coach on am850 here in boston just last week said history and records dont mean anything in the playoffs.He said ALL that matters is execution,game planning and some luck....I think you need to listen to him! :D

gobroncsnv
01-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Gosh, I guess you're right... We shouldn't even play the game... What a dynasty!!! Just impossible for ANYBODY to have a chance...

OR, you could look at our trend against your guys and see that maybe it will be quite a good game, especially for Denver.

In other words, save it, the game is on the field, not on these boards.

BroncosRPH
01-10-2006, 11:41 AM
What a misguided, in-bred, vagrant you are. I brought statistics to back up my point. Pitt's 14-2 means nothing because Cowher has lost how many afc championship games???? 4 or 5 maybe??? Brady will get his 1st playoff loss in Invesco on Saturday night. end of story. ........... way to go 10-6 in possibly the worst division in the AFC (maybe the south is worse)