PDA

View Full Version : Undecided !!!

kcjrfan
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm at a real crossroads here guys. I don't know who I want to win. On one hand I would like to see Denver win because I'm tired of watching the PATS win. Then on the other, it's kinda hard to root for a divisional rival. I think though, I have to lean a little more towards a Broncos win just because I live here in Denver, and there is a *little* bit of pride since y'all are an AFC West team. Plus we would have the chance to play y'all twice next year and possibly beat the defending world champs. :P Who knows ? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

BroncFanIN
01-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Get in the spirit! Go to a sports bar Saturday, proudly wearing your Chiefs jersey, and yell and shout when the Broncos score.
You'll get a few :eek: ...but it sure would be fun! :D

AlWilsonizKING
01-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Haha I like the bar idea...

I would definitly root for KC if they were playing the Patsies..(gotta show love for the AFC West....well at least KC and SD) You should do the same. Root for the Broncos....and the Steelers :D .

PEACE!!!

VADER72
01-10-2006, 10:39 AM
I agree, lets keep it in the AFC West family.

Eldritch
01-10-2006, 10:42 AM
I would like to make a suggestion, and I can understand your quandry.

However, I say root for the Broncos. For one thing, it will prove the strength of your division. There's a certain comaradarie there, even if we are pretty much adversaries.

For instance, I'm an ASU alum and I have that innate distaste for other PAC-10 teams. However, once the Sun Devils are out of something I will usually root for others in the PAC because they are in our conference.

Besides, success by the Broncos will justify your team's failure against them (and in THIS instance I am not trying to slam, merely prove a point) in the conference and the loss this year. You can say, 'well sure we couldn't surpass them, but look! They beat the Super Bowl champs! And then they beat the Colts, and then they won the Super Bowl themselves! It's not too shabby to be in the same division as the Super Bowl champions.'

kcjrfan
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Get in the spirit! Go to a sports bar Saturday, proudly wearing your Chiefs jersey, and yell and shout when the Broncos score.
You'll get a few :eek: ...but it sure would be fun! :D

Haha...Wouldn't that be a trip !!! It would be pretty funny, unless the Broncos lose....then you'd be see me and a PATS fan on the news getting pummeled by a bunch of dudes wearing Elway jerseys. :beer: Fun times !!!

Sharpe's Mouth
01-10-2006, 10:57 AM
DOn't root for any team. Why worry about the 45%/55% chance your pick could lose?

Be on the fence and just watch the flow of the game. That'd be much more easier than being either a Pats or Bronco fan on Saturday. No worries at all. You can watch the other fans cheer and groan and laugh at them.

Watch the pregames too and see which broadcasters forecast which outcome. Note any strong biases. and plain stupidity from some of the fools.

kcjrfan
01-10-2006, 11:01 AM
DOn't root for any team. Why worry about the 45%/55% chance your pick could lose?

Be on the fence and just watch the flow of the game. That'd be much more easier than being either a Pats or Bronco fan on Saturday. No worries at all. You can watch the other fans cheer and groan and laugh at them.

Watch the pregames too and see which broadcasters forecast which outcome. Note any strong biases. and plain stupidity from some of the fools.

I have to root for somebody. I can't just be an idle watcher. I'm more than likely going with the Broncos. But come Feb. 6th or whatever the day after the SB is....I'm back to 100 % KC baby...... It would be kinda cool to live in a city where the home team just won the SB......Too bad it can't be KC.......yet

Mhantra
01-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Heh, I go through this every year. I like the Chiefs organization, their players, and especially Vermiel when he was there (and I am a fan of Herm Edwards, too), so every year it is the same ol thing. I hate them. I hate the Chiefs because they are a major pain in the rear, every year. Then again, I don't want to hate them, I want to like them. hmmph

Now, the Pats, I USED to like them, but I am so tired of the press' opinions and forecasting about how GREAT N.E. is, how they can do no wrong...

DON'T THEY REMEMBER THE PAT'S GAME AT K.C. THIS YEAR?!?!?! That was a road game, and they have NO excuses about injuries. They straight up sucked. Period. The Chiefs made them look like absolute fools, they became the New England Patsies. Weaksauce. So, on that day, I was absolutely glowing with praise for K.C.

then I hated them again the next week...

AsianOrange
01-10-2006, 12:48 PM
it all boils down to who you hate more....

if the Chiefs were in it, i root for the Chiefs!

OrangeNBluBlood
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm at a real crossroads here guys. I don't know who I want to win. On one hand I would like to see Denver win because I'm tired of watching the PATS win. Then on the other, it's kinda hard to root for a divisional rival. I think though, I have to lean a little more towards a Broncos win just because I live here in Denver, and there is a *little* bit of pride since y'all are an AFC West team. Plus we would have the chance to play y'all twice next year and possibly beat the defending world champs. :P Who knows ? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Keep dreaming and go route for the Pats...the last thing we want is some mullethead jinxing us on our road to the Superbowl. :coffee:

Calif. Bronco
01-10-2006, 12:59 PM
For instance, I'm an ASU alum and I have that innate distaste for other PAC-10 teams. However, once the Sun Devils are out of something I will usually root for others in the PAC because they are in our conference.

I guess I'm not the only Pac-10 alum that goes through this, huh? :D I root against those teams all year long (for obvious reasons) then root for them in the bowls (except for UCLA.)

I guess I do the same in the NFL too. I root against the AFC West all year then find myself rooting for them in the playoffs (except for the Raiders of course - couldn't ever root for them.)

PatrickdaDookie
01-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I hear ya. I hate the Chiefs and Raiders, but come playoff time I always find myself pulling for the AFC West. I find a few players on the team I can respect (like Green, Vermeil, Fujita from 2003), and wish em luck. Plus, if they make the super bowl, then they get a worse draft pick.

oldrover
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
As a Pats fan, when we've been knocked out, I always root for teams in our division. Of course, my wife is a big Jets fan, so I kinda have to. :D

Astrass
01-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Honestly I like almost all AFC west teams...not including the Raiders of course. Denver will always be my #1 but I'd root for KC and SD if it were them.