PDA

View Full Version : Brian Calhoun!!!

Milehigh117
01-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Brian Calhoun, the RB from Wisconsin is expected to announce his entry into the draft on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2287015

He says he expects to be taken in the late second round or even lower. I think he would be a great pick late in the second round. He is perfect for our system, having run in a very similar zone blocking scheme at Wisconsin. He is incredibly fast and is expected to run in the 4.4 range. He has very good quickness and vision and is a great receiver out of the backfield, he caught 53 passes this yr. He reminds me of Clinton Portis when he was coming out. Calhoun will be entering the draft at 5'10 195 pounds, which is the same size portis was when he entered.

Our offense has been good over the past 2 years since Portis left, but it has lacked one go to guy who can be in on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down to really take our offense to another level and I think Calhoun can do that for us.

WABronco
01-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Brian Calhoun, the RB from Wisconsin is expected to announce his entry into the draft on Thursday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2287015

He says he expects to be taken in the late second round or even lower. I think he would be a great pick late in the second round. He is perfect for our system, having run in a very similar zone blocking scheme at Wisconsin. He is incredibly fast and is expected to run in the 4.4 range. He has very good quickness and vision and is a great receiver out of the backfield, he caught 53 passes this yr. He reminds me of Clinton Portis when he was coming out. Calhoun will be entering the draft at 5'10 195 pounds, which is the same size portis was when he entered.

Our offense has been good over the past 2 years since Portis left, but it has lacked one go to guy who can be in on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down to really take our offense to another level and I think Calhoun can do that for us.

Cool, I'd like Calhoun with our late 2nd...

DAYNETRAYNE
01-10-2006, 02:32 PM
i like those wisconsin backs, they're pretty good in this type of system. i think he would be a better fit than Bell.