PDA

View Full Version : Larry Coyer:Time to Prove Yourself

pikman
01-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Early on this season the fans, the media, and even some of the players were questioning Larry Coyer's ability to run the Bronco defense. Well 13-3 says something for how he turned it around after the 1st half of the Charger game, but...

Now it is time to really show us what you've got Larry boy. Talk about the Bronco running game all we want. Talk about the revitalised Patriot defense all you want. In my opinion, a Bronco victory Saturday comes down to a key ingredient...

Does Coyer have the schemes, plans, and packages to keep the NE offense off balance? I think the way he calls the game from a defensive standpoint will determine the outcome of the game, that and how he adjusts as the game progresses.

No pressure Larry boy, but I think a Bronco victory lies even more on your shoulders than Jake and the offense.

Neversummer672
01-10-2006, 02:09 PM
i do agree with that, we have had two past seaons with ok records , then we get blowen out in the playoffs because of no pressure on the quarterback

AsianOrange
01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
i do agree with that, we have had two past seaons with ok records , then we get blowen out in the playoffs because of no pressure on the quarterback

Well, we have a very solid line with Gerald Warren and Trevor Pryce, I think we have a shot to cause turnovers. The example of how our secondary responded to the pass rush is enough credit.

PatrickdaDookie
01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, we had better not go one-and-done again. It's riding on him more than Plummer, imo.

BroncInUTAH
01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I totally agree with this statement. I think as a whole we must have a solid game on both sides of the ball but I think it is CRUCIAL that on the three and outs no matter where we are on the field but EPECIALLY when we are closer towards their endzone where they are going to get good field position that our defense steps up and plays huge. That is where we can get momentum in our favor and the croud into the game .

fullcollapse
01-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know. Last time Coyer thought he made brilliant changes for the playoffs, he created mismatches all day long... remember Alexander on Wayne? Last time he said he was going the give the Colts, "mortal hell." I say he sticks to the zone blitzes that have been working all year long and make sure that the players execute them like they are supposed to, WITH NO PENALTIES! :mad:

PatrickdaDookie
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
To give him credit, even with our injuries, our defense played better last time. They had alot of tough and lucky catches, whereas 2 years ago, it was cake.

BroncoStampede
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Hope fully Coyer can find a way to put alot of pressure on Tom Brady. Matt Light their best offensive lineman is on injured reserve, so their line should be vulnerable.

Steedstampede
01-10-2006, 04:09 PM
I think this game will come down to coaching and who strategizes better and makes the best adjustments after the half. If the right plays are called...I think our team will execute them just fine.

Go Broncs....make us PROUD!!! :fight:

SimonSteele
01-10-2006, 04:53 PM
Too often Coyer gets scared and I start seeing Pryce or Warren drop back in coverage. That is when I get scared.