PDA

View Full Version : Woody Paige

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
He was on 1st and 10 today and said that the Broncos would win and everyone on the set laughed at him! He asked why people were laughing, "It's because of what you just said"

At least Woody knows whats going on.

Ignatius
01-10-2006, 02:40 PM
I can't imagine Bayless laughing after picking the Bengals to go to the AFC Championship.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Yup, skip busted out laughing, and you could also hear people on the set, like camera crew and producers laughing..

VADER72
01-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Let them Laugh. Woody will make them look like ass's next week.

oldrover
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
We've got our share of knucklehead yahoo sports media types in NE, God knows. But Woody Paige is unbearable. Wasn't he the guy who called Jax the 'Jag-wads' and basically motivated them to beat you at home in the 1996 playoffs? I mean, as a Pat fan I was grateful. :D But I can't take anything he says seriously. He really gives Broncos fans a bad name.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 03:18 PM
He was on 1st and 10 today and said that the Broncos would win and everyone on the set laughed at him! He asked why people were laughing, "It's because of what you just said"

At least Woody knows whats going on.
Woody Paige has no Idea what's going on. They laugh at him because he is a fool. He knows he has a better chance to be a comedian than being a credible analyst. He is the poster child of a Denver homer.
Most of the time he just picks the opposite just to get a rise out of people. He knows Denver will lose. Since he is from there he must act like a politician and pick the Broncos.

LCA534
01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
What makes you think the Pats will come into Denver where we are unbeaten this year, stop a running game which is the most productive in the playoffs right now. I have alot of respect for the Pats but some of your fans are on crack and I hope you got a good price because you must have an ample supply. I think this is going to be a great game and for someone to say that Denver has no chance of winning at home in front of the greatest fans in the NFL today is ridiculous. :duh:

bronc_fan23
01-10-2006, 03:58 PM
What makes you think the Pats will come into Denver where we are unbeaten this year, stop a running game which is the most productive in the playoffs right now. I have alot of respect for the Pats but some of your fans are on crack and I hope you got a good price because you must have an ample supply. I think this is going to be a great game and for someone to say that Denver has no chance of winning at home in front of the greatest fans in the NFL today is ridiculous. :duh:

o come on dont u know we were playing the youth league patriots when we beat them i mean come on......and the automatically win cause they have tom brady i mean come on the kid is the best athlete ever to live on this earth :duh:

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM

What makes you think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs? Or home field for that matter? The Patriots were the only home team to win last week. The Patriots are on a 10-0 playoff run. Denver is on a streak of getting knocked out in their first game.

The team you will face this weekend is a lot stronger than the one you faced in week 6. You didn't face Bruschi, Seymour, Dillon, or Foulk that game. If you don't think that is going to be a big difference this time you are crazy. Not to mention we dumped Starks that gave up all the big plays that game.

Of course you have a chance to win but it's just not likely.
You opened up with a 3.5 line that has already dropped to 3.
Most polls and analyst are picking the Patriots to win and that is not media bias its just common sense.

Fl_playa101
01-10-2006, 04:04 PM
What makes you think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs? Or home field for that matter? The Patriots were the only home team to win last week. The Patriots are on a 10-0 playoff run. Denver is on a streak of getting knocked out in their first game.

The team you will face this weekend is a lot stronger than the one you faced in week 6. You didn't face Bruschi, Seymour, Dillon, or Foulk that game. If you don't think that is going to be a big difference this time you are crazy. Not to mention we dumped Starks that gave up all the big plays that game.

Most polls and analyst are picking the Patriots to win and that is not media bias its just common sense.

Get ready for some nice, well cooked crow patsi

BaileyTheBest
01-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Woody is a homer but there is no reason that anyone should have laughed at him. He picked a home team that is 8-0 at home this year. What is so funny about that? Skip is an idiot.

JoRo
01-10-2006, 04:09 PM
You know what? This is really starting to bother me. What the heck did Denver ever do to make us look like such a joke? Everyone is favoring the Pats, becuase of the past. They rode Brady to the playoffs this year, we shut him down, we win. We dont need to fear their running game, as it is Corey Dillon limping left, limping right and Kevin Faulk if they need to actually gain yards.

But no, the Pats will easily walk out and win this one.

Now which team got no respect? Brady should quit his freaking whining and go get another man purse. We are 13-3 but people act like we dont deserve to be in the playoffs.

VAFAN
01-10-2006, 04:28 PM

So wait we quote past history of us beating the Patriots and thats complete BS and means nothing. We show past history of Denver being one if not the most dominant home team in the NFl in recent years and it means nothing.

But ooooh wait... NE past history means the world and that makes them unbeatable. Denvers past couple of playoffs losses mean Denver can never win another game.

Damn some people are just jackazzes.

Calif. Bronco
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM
He knows Denver will lose.

If he or anyone else "knew" what was going to happen this Saturday, he would take the first plane to Vegas and bet his entire life plus any loan he could get on the game. No one "knows" what will happen this Saturday. He made a prediction just like I am sure you have done, I have done, and many others. What is so wrong with that? Because he didn't pick the Pats? So what. That doesn't make him a joke, just someone who disagrees with you.
:duh:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Woody Paige has no Idea what's going on. They laugh at him because he is a fool. He knows he has a better chance to be a comedian than being a credible analyst. He is the poster child of a Denver homer.
Most of the time he just picks the opposite just to get a rise out of people. He knows Denver will lose. Since he is from there he must act like a politician and pick the Broncos.

The funny part about your comment is that on 1st and 10 the day before the Rose Bowl, Woody picked Texas to beat USC with Vince Young being the MVP and everyone including Skip "I just go with the party line" Bayless laughed at him out loud. Strangely enough they weren't laughing on the 5th!

RunYouOver
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
The Patriots are on a 10-0 playoff run.

Funny, we're on a 10 game home win streak...I don't think you'll be stopping us... :duh:

DenverBroncosJM
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Just an FYI the line doesnt change because people change their minds "like ooohh hmm maybe the Pats will win" Its based on who is betting on who and trying to make the most money. And if im not mistaken the line going down means alot of people are betting on Denver.

SimonSteele
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Guys I think this isn't a big deal. When you ask Woody Paige who is going to win who has he always said? The Broncos. I didn't see the segment but I think it is possible they were laughing because they all anticipated his answer.

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 05:08 PM

Ok are you actually so dense as to NOT see your contradiction here???

"What makes you think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs?"
"Denver is on a streak of getting knocked out in their first game."

So the regular season of THIS season is "irrelevant", but LAST YEAR'S playoffs have some kind of magic bearing on THIS YEAR'S playoffs... typical Patsie homer... thinks he's a genious but only ends up making an ass of himself.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 05:17 PM
The funny part about your comment is that on 1st and 10 the day before the Rose Bowl, Woody picked Texas to beat USC with Vince Young being the MVP and everyone including Skip "I just go with the party line" Bayless laughed at him out loud. Strangely enough they weren't laughing on the 5th!
Humů. College vs. Pros
One month off for college kids over the holidays vs. Wild card and a bye in the Pros
Idiot Coach Pete Carol that has no Idea what clock management is vs. the most wining coach in NFL Playoff history
Even a Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while
Those guys are told to pick against each other no matter what they actual think or would put their own $ on.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok are you actually so dense as to NOT see your contradiction here???

"What makes you think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs?"
"Denver is on a streak of getting knocked out in their first game."

So the regular season of THIS season is "irrelevant", but LAST YEAR'S playoffs have some kind of magic bearing on THIS YEAR'S playoffs... typical Patsie homer... thinks he's a genious but only ends up making an ass of himself.

Sorry tool there is no contradiction. Playoffs vs. Playoffs is quite relevant. But I would not expect anymore from a Bronco fan with limited intelligence such as yourself.

The only people making an ass of themselves is you and the rest of the BroncHoe fans thinking you will beat the Patriots this weekend. The fact is the World Champions are peaking to full strength at the right time and you wont be able to stop them.

You are just a speed bump on the way to a Three Peat!!!!
:cheers:

VADER72
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Um tool you call him. Your the tool for thinking last year has any influence on the game Sat. Stop looking at the past for comfort because thats all the Pats fans have. The Patriots in that 10-0 streak played one game on the road. I would hope they would win as many as they did at home.

Firstwave64
01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Isn't Skip the same guy that said Denver was not going to the playoffs?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Humů. College vs. Pros
One month off for college kids over the holidays vs. Wild card and a bye in the Pros
Idiot Coach Pete Carol that has no Idea what clock management is vs. the most wining coach in NFL Playoff history
Even a Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while
Those guys are told to pick against each other no matter what they actual think or would put their own $ on.

Get off Bellichick's nuts for a second and think about what I said. I said Paige predicted Texas to win. He tends to not just "follow the party line" like so many who are afraid to be wrong. That's all I was saying. And dissing Pete Carroll really doesn't get you any Brownie points for your "disrespected" Pats. The guy did win 34 straight games. When Bellichick's win streak approaches that, then make your comparisons. :duh:

TheMastermind
01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
lets just think about the history between denver and the pats.....

denver just plain dominates them.....

minus a game when denver is playing with a 3rd string qb....

and denver still almost won.....

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Sorry tool there is no contradiction. Playoffs vs. Playoffs is quite relevant. But I would not expect anymore from a Bronco fan with limited intelligence such as yourself.

The only people making an ass of themselves is you and the rest of the BroncHoe fans thinking you will beat the Patriots this weekend. The fact is the World Champions are peaking to full strength at the right time and you wont be able to stop them.

Jeez brother you are wrong just admit it instead of digging a deeper hole (or shall we call it grave for you to lie in).

By your idiotic reasoning our playoff games from '97-'98 have bearing as well. After all they are playoff games and they were played in the past the same as the ones you cling to. No difference really, homer.

Get over yourself...

GoPatsGo
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Um tool you call him. Your the tool for thinking last year has any influence on the game Sat. Stop looking at the past for comfort because thats all the Pats fans have. The Patriots in that 10-0 streak played one game on the road. I would hope they would win as many as they did at home.

Isn't that what you guys have done non-stop by bringing up the last time these two teams met?

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Get off Bellichick's nuts for a second and think about what I said. I said Paige predicted Texas to win. He tends to not just "follow the party line" like so many who are afraid to be wrong. That's all I was saying. And dissing Pete Carroll really doesn't get you any Brownie points for your "disrespected" Pats. The guy did win 34 straight games. When Bellichick's win streak approaches that, then make your comparisons. :duh:

Don't expect a logical reply from this troll... he doesn't have it in him. :duh:

Elway
01-10-2006, 06:18 PM

Let's see... What makes us think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs? Or home field for that matter?

Maybe the same thing that makes you think your 10-0 run has anything to do with this weeks game.

Now last time I checked if we are looking at streaks. Last time when the Broncos were 13-3 and had a bye week and played at home and were also undefeated there that season they won at home and went to the superbowl.

BroncoFanCam
Isn't that what you guys have done non-stop by bringing up the last time these two teams met?

This season, compared to last season, you don't see a difference? And BTW I haven't said jack squat about us beating them earlier this season... although I must admit they did produce a pretty pitiful showing then.

VADER72

Um, no that would be Pat fans about how injured they where. :confused:

BroncFanIN
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Let's see... What makes us think the regular season has anything to do with the playoffs? Or home field for that matter?

Maybe the same thing that makes you think your 10-0 run has anything to do with this weeks game.

Now last time I checked if we are looking at streaks. Last time when the Broncos were 13-3 and had a bye week and played at home and were also undefeated there that season they won at home and went to the superbowl.
Oooh! You want another streak?
Does Tom Brady throwing at least an INT in 7 of his away games (excluding Denver, ironically) count as a streak? :D (It counts for 12 of his 14 on the season)

JoRo
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM

I am starting to think this is RaiderJoe as a patriot fan

jck19622
01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
He also said last year that the Patriots wouldn't get past the Steelers or the Colts, he's not always right. it can go either way as far as i'm concerned,two very good times slugging it out,it should be an awesome game regardless of who wins.

4team
01-10-2006, 07:46 PM

I'm not talking smack here and I really don't know how to call this game. I agree that Denver is probably a better team right now than the one that beat us earlier this season. However they haven't played this team yet. THat desn't mean they can't beat them but I'm not basing anything right now on whats happend earlier in the season.

PatrickdaDookie
01-10-2006, 07:53 PM

Class, today's lesson is on "trolls." A "troll" is someone who visits online message boards with the sole intent of annoying others. They are a useless breed and serve no real purpose.

Luckily, our government is looking out for us. According to this (http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=6022491&subj=news) article, trolls such as TeflonPatriot will soon be open to prosecution.

God bless the USA.

The|Snake#16
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM
We've all god Wood, and that's one of the best things we can have gonig for us right now!

there has gotta be a better way to say that. :D

The Big Dane
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Woody Paige is an idiot, one day he's predicting perfect seasons for the Broncs, the next he's writing Mike Shanahan off as an average coach who were lucky to have Elway around to win him 2 SBs and calling Jake the worst QB i football, no middle road for him. He's a tabloid journalist, only out for the big headlines, not for one secong minding if there's any truth to it as long as it will get people's attention.

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Class, today's lesson is on "trolls." A "troll" is someone who visits online message boards with the sole intent of annoying others. They are a useless breed and serve no real purpose.

Luckily, our government is looking out for us. According to this (http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html?part=rss&tag=6022491&subj=news) article, trolls such as TeflonPatriot will soon be open to prosecution.

God bless the NE Patriots.

Figures a woosy Bronco fan would cry for help from something called the Violence Against Woman and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act.

What a sally.

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Figures a woosy Bronco fan would cry for help from something called the Violence Against Woman and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act.

What a sally.

Figures a moronic Patsie fan would be one of the reasons for such a thing. Trolling oposing teams boards with nothing of substance to say, just crap talk in every forum he's posted (and I'd be surprised if one of those forums actually was the "SMACK TALK" forum).

*On edit...
In viewing all your posts I see there actually were a couple where they were supposed to be. Props to you... well kinda ;)

Secondly, I find it funny how almost every post is the same... "the regular season is meaningless". "we are a different team now", "we were injured then"... man you're a whiner!

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 08:30 PM
SKIP is an IDIOT I cant stand him,ESPN should give me his job,cuz he makes me sick :mad:

Oh no, not Jake's Beard again... lmao!

dabreeze1984
01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Woody Paige is a genious! Ok not really but he isnt scared to go against the grain. NE is a good team, but the Broncos are great and only Pats fans will disagree. You can ask 13 teams this year and they will tell you the Broncos are for real. I hate the damn Pats everyone rides their coat tails, like anyone liked them before they won the 3 bowls. Once the Broncos win it will be the same way, except it will be sweet for us bronco faithfull because we were here in good times and bad. Get an original thought u bastards from boston and lets remember that it wasnt long ago that you guys were about to lose that "great" team because you "faithful fans' werent showing up to the games.How come you didnt like them then. Cuz they suck you and so do you. Denver is sold out every year and every game win or lose. Now thats loyalty

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Figures a moronic Patsie fan would be one of the reasons for such a thing. Trolling oposing teams boards with nothing of substance to say, just crap talk in every forum he's posted (and I'd be surprised if one of those forums actually was the "SMACK TALK" forum).

You lead the league in no substance with a 100% inaccurate rating.
You can keep playing it off like your not scared of your team going down but the fear shows from your pathetic attempts at comebacks.

Just quit now while you are only a lot behind

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
You lead the league in no substance with a 100% inaccurate rating.
You can keep playing it off like your not scared of your team going down but the fear shows from your pathetic attempts at comebacks.

Just quit now while you are only a lot behind

Only a lot behind.... lets see... won more games, 2nd seed in the playoffs, beat you head-to-head, freshly rested after a bye week... let's re-analyze this... who's behind?

Feeling bested once again silly patty?

orange luvver
01-10-2006, 08:41 PM
We've got our share of knucklehead yahoo sports media types in NE, God knows. But Woody Paige is unbearable. Wasn't he the guy who called Jax the 'Jag-wads' and basically motivated them to beat you at home in the 1996 playoffs? I mean, as a Pat fan I was grateful. :D But I can't take anything he says seriously. He really gives Broncos fans a bad name.

Eat ME! Woody is the epitome of Bronco football and a supporter...You need to do some research...Love ya Woodman...
But what "media types" do you have in the N.E. area?
And the Jag-Wads are known by that all over the world...Woody just passed it on to you...
Just like the Patriots are known as the Champions...THIS {2005}year...

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 08:43 PM
And the Jag-Wads are known by that all over the world...Woody just passed it on to you....
LMAO!!! CP for you... :beer:

tpryce93
01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
r u sure i thought it was the other way around i thought woody picked USC. i'm not sure i'm confused i have a bad memory anyways :confused:

bronxs
01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
I can't imagine Bayless laughing after picking the Bengals to go to the AFC Championship.
Waddya expect bayless is a moron.

DaBroncs
01-10-2006, 09:22 PM

well, if the line has already dropped to 3, then forget, game over.

bronxs
01-10-2006, 09:25 PM
As I said, Most patriot fans ride on reputation. This teflon patriot is a prime example. anyways, woody just moved, he know lives in new york, he wrote his last column for the denver post I think a week or two ago. Well, here's to a good week of football, and this time, when brady loses, I hope he has the decency to shake hands this time and not pout.

orange luvver
01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
well, if the line has already dropped to 3, then forget, game over.

HAHAHAHA CP

TeflonPatriot
01-10-2006, 09:39 PM
As I said, Most patriot fans ride on reputation. This teflon patriot is a prime example. anyways, woody just moved, he know lives in new york, he wrote his last column for the denver post I think a week or two ago. Well, here's to a good week of football, and this time, when brady loses, I hope he has the decency to shake hands this time and not pout.

We ride on the strength of our team and their superior performance vs. our adversaries. Just ask the Colts, Steelers, Rams, Panthers and Eagles fans who have said the same crap you guys are saying now.

In the end the Patriots will win and you will be added to the long list of loud mouths that thought they would win.

bronxs
01-10-2006, 09:41 PM
We ride on the strength of our team and their superior performance vs. our adversaries. Just ask the Colts, Steelers, Rams, Panthers and Eagles fans who have said the same crap you guys are saying now.

In the end the Patriots will win and you will be added to the long list of loud mouths that thought they would win.
Colts kicked the crap out of you in foxboro, so I don't believe they think you are superior to them, you didn't play the panthers, rams, or eagles this year, so you are riding on your reputation from previous years.

BroncoFanCam
01-10-2006, 09:47 PM

1: Loud Mouths? Aren't you the one on OUR board talking grabage?
2: And then there's the Panthers, Chargers, BRONCOS, Colts, Chiefs and Dolphins that say otherwise... Note to you (silly Patsie) that these games are all from THIS year, unlike the irrelevant garbage you like to brag about from seasons gone by... I think you ned to take a step into this season and realize the FACT that you are a mere shadow of the team you once were. Your former greatness has long since passed. This is a lesson in what we call reality and the present tense. You should try it sometime. But we know you like living in the past, that way you can still have images of suckling your mommies ______ in your sorry little mind.

rcsodak
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM

Maybe you should take off the Teflon, pat.......I think it's absorbing the smarts that GOD keeps trying to give you.

Your 4 saviors won't be on the field at the same time.
Dillon is a slow-plodder. He looks like he's 55yrs old. When he gets shut down in the first quarter, he'll melt into the sideline. Hell, one of your own even admitted as much.
Foulk? So now Denver should be afraid of a backup nobody? Hey listen....he ain't no Tater. Hell, Dayne is better than he is.
Bruschi is one hit away from spending the game on the sidelines. You know it! I know it! Bruschi knows it! Bullychick knows it!
IF he plays, he'll play like a glass doll. He wants to save himself for the Colts, should they beat denver. Problem is, they won't.
I'll give you Seymour. At least he still can play......But the Jag's Oline is NOT in the same league as Denver's......

rcsodak
01-10-2006, 10:05 PM

Except you're missing your O/D coordinators, who EVERYBODY knows was the heart/soul of the once/proud patsies.
You've been exposed, candywrapper-pat.

Better luck next year. :coffee:

RI_Patsfan
01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Colts kicked the crap out of you in foxboro, so I don't believe they think you are superior to them, you didn't play the panthers, rams, or eagles this year, so you are riding on your reputation from previous years.

Yes, we played Carolina and lost.....

Didn't have the patience to read the whole thread but if I get the gist of it my 2cts is that Woody Paige is hilarious. Unlike most of our dour, self important sports *journalists* in Boston (Borges, Shaugnessey, esp.)

Without Woody, Around the Horn would have been off the air before IMax was on the air.

bronxs
01-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes, we played Carolina and lost.....

Didn't have the patience to read the whole thread but if I get the gist of it my 2cts is that Woody Paige is hilarious. Unlike most of our dour, self important sports *journalists* in Boston (Borges, Shaugnessey, esp.)

Without Woody, Around the Horn would have been off the air before IMax was on the air.
oh that's right my bad, however carolina isn't a shameful loss, I mean they are good, and look where they are in the playoffs, so I'll I guess I won't hold that against you, but the rest of the teams, anyways, yeah woody at least backs his picks up, although sometimes with rediculus reasons.

RI_Patsfan
01-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Ok............