PDA

View Full Version : Draft Picks

BiggyBoy660
01-10-2006, 10:28 PM
I don't want to look too far ahead but I gotta wonder what do you fellow Bronco fans feel that we are gonna do with our two late first round draft picks? Trade both for one high fist rounder or trade down or just stay put with what we got. Your thoughts!!! Just figured I would post something a little different to get our minds off of the big game this Saturday. By the way Go Broncos Kick some Patriot A$$. Its gonna be a good game but I feel in my heart the Broncos are gonna win this one just for the fact that they are concidered underdogs at there own house!!!!!!!

tnedator
01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't want to look too far ahead but I gotta wonder what do you fellow Bronco fans feel that we are gonna do with our two late first round draft picks? Trade both for one high fist rounder or trade down or just stay put with what we got. Your thoughts!!! Just figured I would post something a little different to get our minds off of the big game this Saturday. By the way Go Broncos Kick some Patriot A$$. Its gonna be a good game but I feel in my heart the Broncos are gonna win this one just for the fact that they are concidered underdogs at there own house!!!!!!!

Long way off, but I think it will be somewhat driven by the cap and what kind of signing bonuses / salary will be required. I think the Broncos have more picks than they are going to have roster spots, so they could trade the two first rounders (plus something) and move way up, but that seems to be contrary to what Shanny usually does.

On the other hand, if they have the cap room, they could go after a couple recievers, a DE or Safety, that might still be strong at the end of the first round. Hard to really know.

SeekandDestroy
01-10-2006, 11:28 PM
i heard that we were gonna trade them both for the first pick and select reggie bush!!!

Just Kidding of course...........but that would be saweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

penguin
01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Just watch, we'll end up playing wahington in the super bowl and end up with the last two first round picks.......It would make the trade seem a lot worse then everyone thought when wasington was sub 500

DenverBrian
01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
With Shannahan, we are more likely to trade both 1st round picks for six 4th round picks. :confused:

Perry1977
01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Theres like, a whole section of the boards dedicated to this. ;)

tnedator
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Just watch, we'll end up playing wahington in the super bowl and end up with the last two first round picks.......It would make the trade seem a lot worse then everyone thought when wasington was sub 500

Yes, it will be worse, but still a good trade. If Washington wins the Super Bowl, we wound up exchanging a number 25 pick for a 32. Ok, we dropped seven picks, but we got two extra picks to go with it. We picked Paymah last year with 3rd rounder from Washington. While Paymah hasn't done much, we picked Foxworth with our next pick in the 3rd and Claurett with the final pick in the third. So, if we didn't have that 3rd rounder from Washington, would we have picked Foxworth or Claurett???? Only Shanny and crew knows, but by being able to pick three cornerbacks, we found two jewels.

Then, we also get Washington's fourth rounder this year. So, considering the late first round of the 2005 draft was considered real lean, I don't think dropping 7 spots (worst case) in the first rounder we get the following year, along with a 3rd and 4th rounder is that bad anyway you look at it.

Having said all of that Baloney, I was counting on a top 10 pick coming from Washington this year. :sick: