PDA

View Full Version : Dumb statement about Jake!

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2006, 07:17 AM
Nice,,I just dont get how bad they think the Broncos are,lol

5. To get to the Super Bowl, Denver quarterback Jake Plummer will have to beat head-to-head Tom Brady and either Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger. I can't visualize that. Can you? But here's your chance to prove us wrong, Jake.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/01/10/brilliant.coaches/1.html

Eldritch
01-11-2006, 07:23 AM
5. To get to the Super Bowl, Denver quarterback Jake Plummer will have to beat head-to-head Tom Brady and either Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger. I can't visualize that. Can you? But here's your chance to prove us wrong, Jake.

FINALLY! Football the way it was meant to be played. No offense, no defense. No other teammates to speak of. Simply one QB against another.

I envision the kind of throwing plays you see in the movies, where each QB tries to uncup the other. Last man standing, all that jazz.

Do they even get seconds?

BroncoFanCam
01-11-2006, 07:36 AM
FINALLY! Football the way it was meant to be played. No offense, no defense. No other teammates to speak of. Simply one QB against another.

I envision the kind of throwing plays you see in the movies, where each QB tries to uncup the other. Last man standing, all that jazz.

Do they even get seconds?

When I think of this I think of two QB's on a field throwing footballs through swinging tires, and at random moving targets around the field. Judging strength of arm, and also accuracy.

WAIT! They already have that it's called the Quarterback challenge. :heh:

How could he get that confused with REAL football?

Atwater His Ass
01-11-2006, 07:44 AM
You know I can understand them about Brady and Manning, being as how they are 2 of the top 3 QB's in the league. But Roethlisberger?!? How can you even mention that guys name in the same sentence as Brady and Manning? He doesn't have the playoff success that Brady has nor the pure dominance Manning can put down on a team.

Whatever though. After we beat the Pats all you will read about is how the Pats blew it, now how the Broncos won it and how there is no chance for this team to reach the Super Bowl etc etc. Denver is the team everyone loves to hate.

HidEmu
01-11-2006, 07:45 AM
yes i could see jake easily outplaying ben who isnt to great a of qb yet, who knows how good he could be. and yes i could see jake outplaying tom brady just like he did earlier this season :duh:

Emancipator
01-11-2006, 08:09 AM
So now QBs have to play defense? Since when did this happen? Plummer is quick for a QB but he can't sack Brady nor can he cover Deion Branch.

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2006, 08:12 AM
So now QBs have to play defense? Since when did this happen? Plummer is quick for a QB but he can't sack Brady nor can he cover Deion Branch.

Are you really sure about that Eman???lol

BroncoManiac_69
01-11-2006, 08:33 AM

Jake Plummer drops back. He sees an opening in the center of the field. Jake throws and....Jake Plummer made a spectacular grab. Jake is running down the field and Jake Plummer scores the touchdown.

We will be back for Jake Plummers extra point attempt after a few words from our sponsors.

LordTrychon
01-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Jake Plummer drops back. He sees an opening in the center of the field. Jake throws and....Jake Plummer made a spectacular grab. Jake is running down the field and Jake Plummer scores the touchdown.

We will be back for Jake Plummers extra point attempt after a few words from our sponsors.
The impressive part will be watching him long-snap, hold, and kick the extra point.

But I'm POSITIVE that Jake could cover Brady... there's maybe 2 QBs in the league that he couldn't cover. If it weren't for his experience, BVP would make a better cover-QB than Jake...

Now this thread is as ridiculous as the original statement...

I'd rather see fistfights... Jake could kick those guys rears... 'cept maybe Big Ben.

Eldritch
01-11-2006, 09:41 AM
I love that! We can add that to Jake's superlatives.

Jake is one of the top cover QB's in the league today, and easily better than Manning and Jesus...er...Brady.

PatsWin
01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
GOOOO PATRIOTS!!!

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2006, 10:07 AM
GOOOO PATRIOTS!!!

All pats fans seem to have math issues,,,its Denver 27 pats 20,,,you got to carry the 7 and subtract the negative...come on!!

Perry1977
01-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Jake Plummer would kick Tom Brady's ass.

Ravage!!!
01-11-2006, 11:00 AM
yeah... its pretty odd and strange for anyone to talk about the matchups between QBs.

JRWIZ
01-11-2006, 12:01 PM
GOOOO PATRIOTS!!!
Raider Joe is that you? Back from the dumpster you call OAK, switched teams just in time, finally got to the playoff as a fan..

Medford Bronco
01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Nice,,I just dont get how bad they think the Broncos are,lol

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/01/10/brilliant.coaches/1.html

Belichick has more respect for Plummer that some of the writers.

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo_20060111_11pats.12c81519.html
Here is the link, I took out some good Quotes by Belichick
Belichick is wary of Plummer.

"He's just having a great year," said Belichick. "He manages the team well. He runs everything very efficiently. He's a good scrambler and again he's made more plays buying time to throw than he has pulling it down to run for a whole bunch of yards. He finds that extra time, like he did in our game, and gets the ball down the field to Rod [Smith] or [Ashley] Lelie. That really is a problem. It's a huge problem, because he's athletic. He can get away from the rush and he doesn't take very many negative plays. He doesn't take very many sacks. He hasn't thrown the ball into coverage, and has hit a lot of passes and they move the ball pretty effectively. He's done a great job for them. He's had a great year."

As for his résumé as a loose-armed quarterback in Arizona?
I wouldn't worry too much about all of that," cautioned Belichick. "They said the same thing about Steve Young when he was at Tampa. He was no good, either. Now the guy is in the Hall of Fame. He went out to San Francisco and set all kinds of NFL records for passing efficiency and completion percentage and all of that. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Watch the guy play. He plays good. He plays real good. He killed us, so that's all I know. We're not playing Arizona, so I'm not really worried about that."

BANJOPICKER1
01-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Good read,thanks for posting that Medford.I like Belichik a lot,I think he is a good coach all around..

Medford Bronco
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Banjo picker from Hudson Mass excellent. At least I am not alone around here! :D

Broncos hopefully prevail 27-24. I want to see Brady Mr "no respect' hit and forced into turnovers!

atruebroncosfan
01-11-2006, 04:56 PM
no, that is just a dumb analysis by the guy whoever did it. jake doesn't have to beat those guys, cuz lets face it....he cant. the team has to help him do it. if we run the ball all over teams then jake can look better than those qb's just cuz he is more efficient. i wanna be on nfl.com

TheMastermind
01-11-2006, 06:29 PM
this game is purely denver's running game vs the pats running d.....

if denver runs well, they win....

if the pats stop the run.....then its in Jake's hands....which is still a possibility for a denver win....

Broncofan-13
01-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Now, what really made this play happen was a spectacular block from Jake Plummer...

that right, but If jake plummer had seen the signal from head coach jake plummer on the sideline, he would Have had to second guess himself, Lucky he didnt... OH WAIT, THERES a FLAG! lets see what referee Jake plummer has to say...

"illegal plummer down field!"

rcsodak
01-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Jake Plummer would kick Tom Brady's ass.
It'd take three years for Brady to grow the facial hair that's taken Jake just a matter of months! :coffee:

Ravage!!!
01-11-2006, 08:22 PM
It'd take three years for Brady to grow the facial hair that's taken Jake just a matter of months! :coffee:

Now THERE's something to brag about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!