PDA

View Full Version : How To Support Our D. Broncos

Crush77
01-11-2006, 11:51 AM
A few days ago I issued a challenge to all Bronco fans to wear orange to the game and if you are not going to help spread the word. I did hear yesterday someone talk about it with Scott Hastings (maybe it was an on air email) and I have called in a few times to Scott Hastings and sent emails to all the news orgs to do my part. So far I think the exposure has been decent as Amani Ali from 850 has also emailed me back to state he will also do his best to spread the word.

Now again I am asking everyone of you who read this to email the news orgs, call into the radio stations, and tell everyone you can to help promote this awesome way of showing the NE Patriots what the Orange Crush is all about as well as show support for our Denver Broncos.

Click this link for local news org email and contact info. (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=845744&postcount=8)

Thanks!!!

Oh and please post what you did to help spread the word!!!

Crush77
01-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Come on guys it takes two minutes to write an email... Here I will make it even easier on you just CP the addresses below and send your email to all of them at once....

drew.soicher@9news.com; amaniali@850koa.com; sharon_peters@gazette.com; sports@denverpost.com; tspence@fan950.com; scottandal@fan950.com, irvandjoe@fan950.com; governorowens@state.co.us

Denver Native
01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Great idea - A SEA OF ORANGE SATURDAY. I just emailed Channels 2, 4 & 7, requesting that their newscasters and sportscasters mention this for the remainder of the week.

Crush77
01-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Still trying...

Southstander
01-12-2006, 02:53 PM
The other night I heard part of what Gunny Bob Newman was saing ".....you will wear Orange, and that is an order, or you will go out in the Forest and dig a hole till you hear Chinese", no he was talk about prisons that night so I don't knw for sure but it sound like we have the support of the Marines

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
C'mon people...I live in the Bay Area and I am emailing the news stations out there and letting other people i know out there to wear orange. Let's go...spread the word.

ORANGE-ORANGE-ORANGE!!!!!!!

Southstander
01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Also put it in your Sig to help Speard the word!!! I'm also gonna E-mail Gov. Owens see if he will declear it on OFFICAL ORANGE SATURDAY IN COLORADO"

governorowens@state.co.us

If you e-mail him please be respectful, Remember he is an Elected Offcial and we want his Help

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 06:44 PM
BUMP!!!!

Hey....

yes..YOU...the one reading this......................................

WEAR ORANGE AT THE GAME SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer: :beer:

jtomasik
01-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Man, I am so bummed I'm not going. Someone scream their brains out for me. (I'll still wear orange on Saturday).

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Man, I am so bummed I'm not going. Someone scream their brains out for me. (I'll still wear orange on Saturday).

Hey,
i won't be there either as I live in the Bay Area...but I will be wearing my orange CHAMP jersey.

Let's go people.....

SPREAD

THE

WORD!

WEAR ORANGE ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

:beer: :beer:

MissinMcCaffery
01-12-2006, 07:45 PM
This is my very first post. My name doesn't imply that I miss Eddy cause we have no receivers, its cause I miss him. He is going to be at the fan rally! Anyway...I have spread the word about wearing orange! I will be at the game with my Eddy jersey on. I did all the emails including the govenor. I just wrote to them that I am joining the recent challenge brought forth by a bronco fan for fans to wear orange on Saturday.
GO BRONCOS!

Crush77
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
THanks Missin

PS Eddie Mac was on Scott and Al this morning (or was it yesterday, man this week is dragging along....). Look forward to seeing you, him, and everyone else at the Rally this Friday!!!!

Steedstampede
01-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Nice job MissinMcCaffery and Crush77...

KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting so pumped...46 hours and counting.......

Oh...almost forgot...

WEAR ORANGE :D

DenverBroncosJM
01-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Im wearing my Eddy jersey orange also wish I could get his autograph but not flying in until Saturday (

BlueDamsel
01-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey you guys,
I emailed Drew Soicher of 9news and let him know about the orange-wearing thing.

He sent his response, which I agree with, to a degree -- The sportscasters shouldn't tell us what to wear, we should just do it! If you can't afford the orange Broncos gear, go to walmart's hunting section and load up -- they even have jackets & mittens & hats & bandanas, etc...You can easily iron on a Broncos patch, if you feel the need. :)

Here's Drew's response:

As for the orange, It would be fun to see, but I've always been disgusted by sportscasters who urge fans to act or dress a certian way. That's called manufacturing excitement. If people are truly excited and want to show team spirit they will. They don't need me to urge them to. Only thing owrse is when the scoreboard tells the fans to stand and cheer. Ugggggh!

Thanks again.

Drew

Crush77
01-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Drew is a bum then. No one asked him to "tell" people what to wear. It was posted by Bronco Fans issuing a challenge to all fans going to the game on Saturday. Therefore it was us who are asking not telling people to wear orange.

Just so you know the Gazette Telegaph called me this morning to talk about the story. At least one news org is doing their part.

Off to email Drew

Denver Native
01-13-2006, 11:02 AM
In my opinion, I cannot stand Drew. To me, he is very immature. Anyways, I just sent an email to Rod Mackey as Channel 9 is doing a special edition of the Denver Huddle tonight at 7:00. I just stated that Bronco fans are promoting on the Bronco's Message Board for all fans to wear orange to the game tomorrow night, and that he received an email requesting that he mention it. That way, they are not telling people what to do.

Pandapeep
01-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Well I live in Ohio and am like the only Bronco fan for miles other then the members of my family, but I will be wearing as much orange and blue as I can all day! B-R-O-N-C-O-S! B-R-O-N-C-O-S! Broncos!

none_more_black
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
"On Internet message boards, Broncos fans are vowing to fill the stadium with orange-clad people on Saturday night." - Bill Briggs, Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3398111

Crush77
01-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Thought I would post some of that article. Please continue to email, call, and spread the word about wearing orange this Saturday, would be an incredible feat if we can pull it off. GO DENVER!!!

Orange-tinged frenzy

Inside the Broncos locker room, some players say they feel that old, orange-tinged frenzy rising again.

You just have to listen hard, says special-team player Keith Burns, in his third stint with the Broncos since 1994.

"Everybody is kind

Brothers John VanTuil, left, and Tim VanTuil of Security carry Broncomania to an extreme during the 1997 season. They went completely wild with Broncos colors, all the way down to the blue food coloring on their tongues. (Post / Karl Gehring)
of talking with a whisper so they can save their voice for Saturday night. That's the word on the street," Burns says. "We're going out, preparing to play. The fans are going through their routines, getting ready to cheer."

Indeed, the noise at Invesco Field is beginning to rival the din at old Mile High Stadium, some fans and players say. After the 2001 move, it apparently took ticket-holders time to get cozy enough with their new neighbors to lose their inhibitions and rant like before.

"It has turned the corner this year," says "Nine-toed" Bob, who lost one digit after knee-surgery complications. His band also performs tonight at America's Bar & Grill, 7545 E. Iliff Ave. in Denver.

"Ever since the (Sept. 18) San Diego game when we booed them off the field, everybody's all happy, like we took part in this," he said.

And if they're not screaming, they're spending. Just watch those Broncos bucks fly.

It's the jerseys: The Broncos Store at Invesco Field has racked up a record year, said Tim Kellond, retail operations manager. Saturday will only pad those stats. Kellond won't reveal exact figures.

"I haven't seen people this excited," he says, "since Invesco Field has been open."

It's the seats: Ticket brokers are selling Broncos-Patriots seats near the rim of the stadium for $110 (about twice face value) and at the

50-yard line for up to $575 (about five times face value).

It's the rush for cold cuts, cold beer and fake cheese in a jar.

"It's the parties," says Rich Grant, spokesman for the Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau.

Fans are aching, Grant says, to revive the tingling bliss and sidewalk camaraderie they felt during the team's Super Bowl runs of January 1998 and January 1999.

That was an era of noon pep rallies in Larimer Square, of banner newspaper headlines that blared "Broncomania," of orange-painted houses and ticker- tape parades. Before retiring, Elway delivered two antidotes to 20 years of blowout jokes.

"I've been in this job for 26 years, and I've seen everything from the opening of a mall (Cherry Creek) to the opening of an airport. But the biggest events ever in that time were the Broncos victory parades," Grant says. "Sheer joy."

"If you lived in Denver, you were a brother to every other person. We shared an incredible common experience. That alone is enough to get people excited now, to be that close to having that magic again."

Is that old buzz really back? At Invesco Field tonight, the Broncos and two sponsors are hosting a "24 Hours to Kickoff" rally at 6 p.m. On Internet message boards, Broncos fans are vowing to fill the stadium with orange-clad people on Saturday night.

maruske845
01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
well i aight goin to the game..but i am wearing my orange denver broncos sweatshrit all day tmaro

Crush77
01-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos! Broncos!

BroncFanIN
01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm wearing my bright Orange Broncos T-shirt today (to piss of the Raider and Chiefs fans here at work, and because it's good luck to the team :D )

Tomorrow I will wear my AFC West Championship T-shirt :beer:

Denver Native
01-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange! Orange!

BANJOPICKER1
01-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Orange boxers here,,gunna suprise the wife after the game..Oh yea,my orange Bronco jacket,hat and sweatshirt...woooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!! :D

BlueDamsel
01-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Orange boxers here,,gunna suprise the wife after the game..Oh yea,my orange Bronco jacket,hat and sweatshirt...woooo hoooooooooooooooo!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!! :D

LOL if you want to surprise her, don't just wear orange boxers...

...erm oh right, family board, I'll shoosh now! LOL

Steedstampede
01-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Orange Hat, orange jersey, orange Pants...orange Socks, orange Boxers...Orange Pom poms...and Orange sun glasses...that's what I'll be wearing tomorrow as I sit and watch the game here in the Bay Area. GO BRONCOS!

Orange!Orange!Orange!Orange!Orange!Orange!Orange!O range!

I am going absolutely NUTS right now...I think I'll start my own little parade out here for the Broncos!! Ha HA!!!

AAHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I CANNOT WAIT 28 Hours 29 Minutes away right.........

NOW!!!!

SUPPORT THE BRONCOS...WEAR ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!

Crush77
01-13-2006, 01:36 PM
COME ON GUYS EMAIL AND CALL SCOTT HASTINGS AND ALFRED WILLIAMS ON 950 the FAN TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD!!!

COME ON FLOOD THOSE LINES AND INBOXES

scottandal@fan950.com

(303) 893-2-950
Sprint PCS FAN Line: #950

Crush77
01-13-2006, 02:07 PM
:goofy: :cheers: :goofy:

Humbo
01-13-2006, 02:11 PM
GOOOO PATRIOTS!!!!!! :beer:

PATRIOTS! PATRIOTS! PATRIOTS!!!!

LDB
01-13-2006, 02:15 PM
GOOOO HOME PATRIOTS!!!!!! :beer:

PATRIOTS STINK! PATRIOTS STINK! PATRIOTS STINK!!!!

Couldn't agree more. :beer:

Denver Native
01-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I just got off the phone with Alfred promoting a sea of orange at the game Saturday.

Crush77
01-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Alright good job on calling in to Alfred Williams and Scott Hastings. Now it is Irv & Joe's time, also call KOA as they will be broadcasting from the Rally tonight... Here is the contact info.

irvandjoe@fan950.com

303-713-8585 KOA's Studio line....

Crush77
01-14-2006, 02:44 AM
In case you missed it we made the Gazette Telegraph

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showpost.php?p=854919&postcount=1

Crush77
01-14-2006, 10:59 AM
BTW that article in the Gazette made it to the front page!

JakeToRod16to80
01-14-2006, 11:23 AM
A week or so ago I was thinking the Broncos should make this game a "wear orange game" like they did two years ago, I think it's a great idea. When everyone is wearing the same color it looks so cool, like with the cheifs at arrowhead. I wish I could go to the game, but everyone who is:

WEAR ORANGE!

Crush77
01-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah KC gave me the idea... I have not really seen Denver do it before though... Glad to see it has been done before, hopefully everyone going to the game got the message!!!

Crush77
01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Do we dare and try and get this going again this week???

I was impressed with the amount of Orange I saw in the crowds but want to see more!!!

For those of you who went to the game what was your impression?

Mrs_Fish_head
01-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I SOOOO wish I could be at the game but San Diego is a LONG way from Denver. I will be in ORANGE for sure on my couch. Well I imagine my butt won't be on my couch much since I will be jumping up & down & screaming when we score all those TOUCHDOWNS!!! :fight:

DenverBroncosJM
01-17-2006, 03:40 PM
I wore my Orange last game, this game I am going to have to pass the torch to someone else.

There was alot of orange at the game but we could use more!

Crush77
01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
By comparison, the atmosphere at Invesco Field was an extension of most Sunday morning church services. So pristine. So comfortable. So sterile.
''I've never really admitted this publicly, but last year I kind of felt the same thing,'' Broncos safety John Lynch said. ''I had played in the old Mile High, and it was somewhat of a letdown when I came here.

Time I think to make Lynch eat some crow (in the nicest way possible of course)...

Come on Bronco Fans lets get out there and paint the city Blue and Orange!!!

Lets break Big Bens ear drums with the Rocky Mountain Thunder we all know we can bring to Mile High! I will not be happy until we rattle that stadium apart like we did the real Mile High!!!

Denver Native
01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE=Crush77]Time I think to make Lynch eat some crow (in the nicest way possible of course)...

Not sure when or where Lynch supposedly said that, but I watched Broncos Live last night, and he had nothing but praise for the fans.

Crush77
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_3339816?source=rss

That is a link to one of the places I saw this... And it was in response to the change in Mile High this year and being much like he had anticipated... I was just trying to rile everyone up ;)

Point stands, LETS ROCK THIS TOWN!!!

MissinMcCaffery
01-17-2006, 05:04 PM
I was at the game in my orange Bell jersey, my Eddy one got messed up. I was impressed with the amount of orange in the stadium as well. We definately could use more! I've done the emailing again!
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DenverDaveinSC
01-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Like we say at Clemson...

SOLID ORANGE... IT'S ABOUT PRIDE.

WEAR ORANGE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

Crush77
01-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Well everyones emailing, calling, etc. did help as we had one newspaper article and fans call in almost every day to the talk shows. Keep it up they will catch on. Also call sports shops and anyone else you can think of. If I had more time I would have called Home Depot to see if they could donate to the cause as I am sure they have plenty of orange shirts and would love the free marketing.

Anyone up for getting together to make signs around the city? Telling you I think this year is special and we should do all we can to support our team. Thanks to everyone that wore Orange last weekend. I would say about 40,000 got the word!!! Only another 30,000 to go ;)

MissinMcCaffery
01-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I posted from the western slope to the borders of Kansas...places in New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah and Pittsburgh lol jk
I'm spent...I've done all I can...come on fans spread the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be Loud
and
GO BRONCOS

Crush77
01-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Missin,
Sorry you are so wiped out, thought you had more fight in ya!

KEEP IT UP BRONCO NATION BRING THE PAIN AND BRING THE ORANGE!!!

Steedstampede
01-18-2006, 12:57 AM
LET'S DO IT AGAIN BRONCOMANIACS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW THE DRILL.....

WEAR

ORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEOR ANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORAN GEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGE ORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGEORANGE

BroncoFanCam
01-18-2006, 04:47 AM
If you can't afford the orange Broncos gear, go to walmart's hunting section and load up --

That's actually a REALLY good idea... you can get thermal stuff (for the cold games), and it is BLINDINGLY orange... I LOVE THAT COLOR!!!

CP for you... I had never thought of that ;)

BroncoFanCam
01-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Spread the word via your sig!

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7038/48ud.gif

(Make sure you place the image in your own PhotoBucket/ImageShack etc, that way it doesn't disappear due to high usage ;) )

MissinMcCaffery
01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey I got the Govs' secretary to email me! I keep doing google to find more places to email to! I just got wiped out cause seems not many are with us :(

Snake=Superbowl
01-18-2006, 11:19 PM
why saturday? Why wear orange on Saturday? The game is on Sunday if I'm not mistaken. Can someone please fill me in? Thanks.

BlueDamsel
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
why saturday? Why wear orange on Saturday? The game is on Sunday if I'm not mistaken. Can someone please fill me in? Thanks.
The thread was originally started for the last playoff game -- which was on a Saturday. I think the original post was changed, but others weren't. That's all :)

bronco
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
the original post started before the NE game which was Saturday, and is being bumped for the Sunday game with Pitt now.

(nm already taken care of)