PDA

View Full Version : from the colts board - who they think/want to win

bronx_2003
01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
i was quite pleased with the opinions, alot want the patriots to win because they want to beat them bad but many just believe the broncos are too strong, espeically at home.

they also think we have been disrespected by the media too :D

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133666

txbronco
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
I know its a little early to be talking about it.
But assuming we beat the pats......

Can we finally throw this monkey called playoff game against indy off?

I mean i know our defense is the best its ever been in about a decade, but we are going up against a juggernaught.

Wouldnt it be great if we are victorious against the pats and by some miracle, Steel pulls the upset over indy.

but in all seriousness, how do ya'll think we match up against indy?

SmithOverTO
01-11-2006, 05:14 PM
The Colt fans are pretty classy and fair.

Whatever the outcome, I dont think the Colts should look past the Steelers just yet

bronc_fan23
01-11-2006, 05:20 PM
The steelers will be tough.....but only if their D holds Indy in check otherwise its done

sportsgeist
01-11-2006, 05:24 PM
We just need to beat the Pats then whoever wins between the Colts and Steelers to shut everybody up.

DrunkPanda
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
if we beat the pats, we will get that no playoff wins since 98 monkey off our backs and i feel confident that we would be able to beat indy as a result. all 3 of our corners are vastly improved over last year. our defensive line is better....... we will NOT get blown out this year if we play indy

AWT
01-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Colts fans, who are you rooting for this Saturday Night?
Broncos. A semi truck could run over my testicles before I'd root for the Pats. Colts_Jim

That cracked me up

TheMastermind
01-11-2006, 06:24 PM
if we beat the pats, we will get that no playoff wins since 98 monkey off our backs and i feel confident that we would be able to beat indy as a result. all 3 of our corners are vastly improved over last year. our defensive line is better....... we will NOT get blown out this year if we play indy

and dont forget denver hasnt had to play the colts yet.....

denver always wins the first time around....

Crush77
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
I have been saying from the onset of the season I wanted to beat Indy especially at home. I think this would be the real Superbowl. I also think Pitsburg will come to play and will beat up the Colts pretty nicely for us.

Medford Bronco
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
i was quite pleased with the opinions, alot want the patriots to win because they want to beat them bad but many just believe the broncos are too strong, espeically at home.

they also think we have been disrespected by the media too :D

http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133666

Bronx 2003 I read the board and it is hilarious! They are as sick of the Pats as we are!!!

Go Broncos beat the Pats, Indy and NFC winner, it would be very sweeet if they do!
:D

BroncosJETD
01-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I like this guy. :cheers: :beer:

Colts Jim
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2005

Re: Colts fans, who are you rooting for this Saturday Night?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos. A semi truck could run over my testicles before I'd root for the Pats.

Heres to you Colts Jim - :beer:

Humbo
01-12-2006, 11:30 AM
It's nice to see that you're all ready to take on either Pitt or Indy. Unfortunately for you, that isn't going to happen. The Pats don't lose to the same team twice in the same year. Bronco's are going down Saturday night. 31-27

GO PATS!!!! :beer:

lcsj
01-12-2006, 11:55 AM
It's nice to see that you're all ready to take on either Pitt or Indy. Unfortunately for you, that isn't going to happen. The Pats don't lose to the same team twice in the same year. Bronco's are going down Saturday night. 31-27

:P I thought you were leaving because you were so bored!!!! Now get, but don't forget to come back on SUnday! Good luck!!!! :beer:

rogue719
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM

I mean i know our defense is the best its ever been in about a decade, but we are going up against a juggernaught.

Wouldnt it be great if we are victorious against the pats and by some miracle, Steel pulls the upset over indy.

First, we won't throw the monkey off our back until we beat them. Just like the media is all about the Pats now, next week it would be all about the Colts.

How do we match up? We can put the pressure about as much pressure on Manning as the Chargers did and we also match up well in the secondary compared to last year. If we stay healthy, we field Champ, Foxworth, probably Darrent, Curome Cox and both Lynch and Ferguson, to say nothing of Paymah. Nary a Roc Alexander in there. We have stronger and faster coverage, plus we upgraded our linebacking corps with the return of Gold. I hate that Wilson will be somewhat hobbled with a cast on his hand and it will affect his tackling ability, but he can still hit hard and slow down people for others to come hit them.

They have great weapons in Manning, their receiving corps and James, but if we can keep giving them a long field, I think our defense can stop some of their scoring. No one stops all of it, but Manning shouldn't have the kind of days he's had in the past two years. If there is anytime this season to totally "unleash the dogs" and let Manning see the kind of rush we gave San Diego in the second half of the first game, this is the game to turn the boys loose on the Colts line. I don't buy into the idea that the Colt's offensive line is better than the Chargers.

On offense, we have more than enough weapons to take on the Colts defense, which has been suspect against the run all season, and the Bengals, Chargers and Rams all showed that their secondary has some gaping holes in it. This is key, because our offense has to stay on the field and keep eating the clock and then manage some kind of score. If we can get ahead by one or two touchdowns, we can make it very tough for the Colts to come back just by keeping Manning and Co. off the field and run the ball down their throats. The Colts have a ferocious pass rush with Freeney and Mathis, but the running attack and the play action pass should go a long way to help defray that, and keeping a moving pocket and zone blocking is not what they are used to defending against.

Special teams are again about equal. They probably have a slight edge in placekicking, like the Pats, but I like our punter and I think the coverage teams are about equal. With Darrent no longer returning punts and kickoffs, they probably have an edge there but we have greatly improved our coverage from last year and opponents are starting from an average of almost ten yards further back than before. That can translate to an advantage for our defense.

The main issue is going to be if both teams come ready to play, play their best game, don't give up many turnovers and it turns into a chess game between two outstanding coaches with the players all executing well. I like our coach over Dungy, personally.

If that's the case, I favor the Broncos 31-24 in another nail-biter

BroncosorBust
01-12-2006, 12:27 PM

Well, the responce to that is Denver has never lost a playoff game at home.

Jared
01-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Well, the responce to that is Denver has never lost a playoff game at home.

Um...

Jacksonville.....1996?

DaBroncs
01-12-2006, 12:29 PM
The Colt fans are pretty classy and fair.

I wouldn't go that far.

The-4th-Amigo
01-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Um...

Jacksonville.....1996?
I think he meant to say, Denver has not last home game, this year and thanks for the bad memories, Man that loss hurt!

Bronco_Buster
01-12-2006, 01:44 PM

If you're 29th in the league against the pass and you feel it's the best D in a decade than the Broncos must've been much worse than I thought all this time...

DaBroncs
01-12-2006, 03:00 PM
If you're 29th in the league against the pass and you feel it's the best D in a decade than the Broncos must've been much worse than I thought all this time...

that's a meaningless stat.

we're tired for 3rd on scoring defense and ranked #7 on scoring offense.

and those 2 stats lead into the one and only stat that really matters.

Southstander
01-12-2006, 03:03 PM
So they think the Pats will win, that only goes to show what they know, they think THEY will win this weekend too :goofy: .

rogue719
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
So they think the Pats will win, that only goes to show what they know, they think THEY will win this weekend too :goofy: .

No, actually what most of them are saying is that they WANT the Pats to win, as they are sure they can beat the Patsies in the Dome and after NE beating them in the AFC Championship the past two years, they want payback in the playoffs.

That's the same reason I want the Colts to win against the Steelers after we beat the Patsies.

And the Colts fans will rant all week about the last two years like they matter and will be stunned into silence after the Broncos beat them in the Dome.

(But, if the Steelers happen to win the game and we the AFC Championship here in Denver next week, I wouldn't mind that either!) :beer:

txbronco
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I must say Southstander, of all the people I have seen on this board, I am most impressed by your sig. You are a great American. GO BRONCOS!

elmofo
01-12-2006, 03:50 PM

Still better than New England 31st in the league.