PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playbook knows...

Mile High Jedi
01-11-2006, 10:28 PM
The Playbook program on the NFL Network has been discussing aspects on the upcomming games this weekend (as always).

Sterling Sharpe and Solomon Wilcox (sp?) both see it very hard "if not impossible" for Brady and the Patriots to win in Denver.

Sharpe mentioned that even though Brady is 10-0 in playoff games, Denver in their history is a staggering 11-2 at home during the playoffs. He said it's the first game he cannot see Tom Brady winning.

Wilcox added that the Patriots will actually face 3 opponents for this game: The Broncos themselves, the 12th man in the stands- "yes, the stadium will be rattlling", and the ALTITUDE. Wilcox warned it's not a figment of the imagination, he played football in Boulder (CO.) He said, "if you're not ready for it, it will suck the life out of you."

The other commentator (whose name escapes me) said in closing that it is difficult ever picking against Brady and the Pats, which they agreed. But Wilcox added that "if you're smart, in this one, you will."

Works for me.

Go Broncos!!!

ttejuco
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I always thought the altitude was not a big deal. Personally i would not know, but if Wilcox says it is dangerous, then the Patriots will have trouble.

Lachlan
01-11-2006, 10:45 PM
I always thought the altitude was not a big deal. Personally i would not know, but if Wilcox says it is dangerous, then the Patriots will have trouble.

The altitude is one of the biggest reasons why a lot of world-class aerobic sport athletes (cycling, triathlon, pie-eating contests, and so on) live and/or train in Colorado. It's funny (to me) to see people who are in good shape huffing and puffing just walking up a single flight of stairs. You can tell who's from out of state. ;) This shortness of breath is going to make it even harder for Tom to take big sobbing gulps while the tears roll down after the Broncos treat 'em like my dog treats stuffed animals! :D

LM

RI_Patsfan
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
The Playbook program on the NFL Network has been discussing aspects on the upcomming games this weekend (as always).

Sterling Sharpe and Solomon Wilcox (sp?) both see it very hard "if not impossible" for Brady and the Patriots to win in Denver.

Sharpe mentioned that even though Brady is 10-0 in playoff games, Denver in their history is a staggering 11-2 at home during the playoffs. He said it's the first game he cannot see Tom Brady winning.

Wilcox added that the Patriots will actually face 3 opponents for this game: The Broncos themselves, the 12th man in the stands- "yes, the stadium will be rattlling", and the ALTITUDE. Wilcox warned it's not a figment of the imagination, he played football in Boulder (CO.) He said, "if you're not ready for it, it will suck the life out of you."

The other commentator (whose name escapes me) said in closing that it is difficult ever picking against Brady and the Pats, which they agreed. But Wilcox added that "if you're smart, in this one, you will."

Works for me.

Go Broncos!!!

A sharpe brother picks the Bronc's? :eek: :eek:

What's next Tom Jackson?

Seriously, the weather, altitude, noise, will have nothing to do with this game. I personally think that the Pats are the best conditioned team in the league so no excuses there. It's game plan and execution. The rest is BS.

bronxs
01-11-2006, 11:28 PM

What's next Tom Jackson?

Seriously, the weather, altitude, noise, will have nothing to do with this game. I personally think that the Pats are the best conditioned team in the league so no excuses there. It's game plan and execution. The rest is BS.
You obviously haven't been to the rockymountains. Alot higher then the berkshers, or appalachian mountains, we got pointed peaks, not round hills. It has everything to with the noise. Your team will be huffing for air, you can't call plays at the line due to the noise, and there won't be snow so no Tuck rule crap this year. Seriously, homefield matters greatly when it comes to denver.

LoyalSoldier
01-11-2006, 11:43 PM
, the weather, altitude, noise, will have nothing to do with this game. I personally think that the Pats are the best conditioned team in the league so no excuses there. It's game plan and execution. The rest is BS.

You can't condition for altitude unless you are at altitude. The reason is that the air isn't as thick the higher up you go so your body needs to produce extra red blood cells in order to compensate for it. You body takes at least three days to finish producing the amount needed. The average person will not notice this, but it is terible on people who do sports.

I used to love going to my Grandma's house in California after I had been to my Grandpa's house in Granby. It was so easy to do my morning jog. :)

Boston and all the cities near by are at sea level so you are coming from one of the worst possible cities to come play in Denver.

Edit: holy cow I had so many errors it wasn't even funny.

Mile High Jedi
01-12-2006, 03:30 AM

What's next Tom Jackson?

Well you see, the funny thing is Sterling Sharpe has never been that big on the Broncos ever since they beat him and the rest of the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl a few years back. That, and he's still not convinced Plummer is a capable QB.
He seems pretty convinced (however) that given all the "intangables" that will factor into this game, the Patriots ability to win will rest on the ability of Tom Brady to overcome the environment of this road game.

And he just doesn't see it happening.

That isn't saying he CAN'T. He's merely suggesting it isn't likely.
Denver has one (if not) the best records at home of any team in the NFL, including the Patriots. In fact even looking at other professional sports, Colorado Teams have the most lopsided win percentage playing at home versus playing on the road. The proof is in their records.

It's not BS, it's a statistic.

Face it, Denver is favored to win this game.
If the Patriots win it will be an upset.

I know it, the Broncos know it, the media knows it (and doesn't exactly like it), Coach Bellecheck knows it, and now... so do you. ;)

broncoswin
01-12-2006, 07:46 AM

What's next Tom Jackson?

What are you on?? You cannot be serious and obviously have not tried to run a substantial amount in altitude after "training" at sea level. As for the noise and home field advantage, again obviously have not attended a game in Denver. The 12th man will get to Tom eventually and the altitude will have your DB's placing their hands on their hips and sucking the O2 by the middle of end of the 3rd Q if not sooner.....................

gobroncsnv
01-12-2006, 07:47 AM
You obviously haven't been to the rockymountains. Alot higher then the berkshers, or appalachian mountains, we got pointed peaks, not round hills.

Don't you be knocking that topographical acne they pass off as mountains back east...

Wigglesworth
01-12-2006, 08:10 AM

What's next Tom Jackson?

Most conditioned team in the legue?! Half your team has been injured all season. They haven't been playing for most of the season and suddenly they are conditioned to play in the thin air. If you say so. :goofy:

BossBruce
01-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Well you see, the funny thing is Sterling Sharpe has never been that big on the Broncos ever since they beat him and the rest of the Green Bay Packers in the Super Bowl a few years back. That, and he's still not convinced Plummer is a capable QB.
He seems pretty convinced (however) that given all the "intangables" that will factor into this game, the Patriots ability to win will rest on the ability of Tom Brady to overcome the environment of this road game.

And he just doesn't see it happening.

That isn't saying he CAN'T. He's merely suggesting it isn't likely.
Denver has one (if not) the best records at home of any team in the NFL, including the Patriots. In fact even looking at other professional sports, Colorado Teams have the most lopsided win percentage playing at home versus playing on the road. The proof is in their records.

It's not BS, it's a statistic.

Face it, Denver is favored to win this game.
If the Patriots win it will be an upset.

I know it, the Broncos know it, the media knows it (and doesn't exactly like it), Coach Bellecheck knows it, and now... so do you. ;)

well said compadre

DenverBroncosJM
01-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Trust me the alt. is hard I fly in from Cali and my first three days or so I can feel it. And I am just walking to and from bars near 16th street, try running ;p

100th post yay me ;p

SSBRONCS
01-12-2006, 08:40 AM
sorry if it's offtopic but loyalsoilder's sig is hilarious :D

BroncoABQ
01-12-2006, 08:47 AM
sorry if it's offtopic but loyalsoilder's sig is hilarious :D

It is quite the Sig :beer:

elwaywasbest
01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
You can't condition for altitude unless you are at altitude. The reason is that the air isn't as thick the higher up you go so your body needs to produce extra red blood cells in order to compensate for it. You body takes at least three days to finish producing the same amount. The average person will not notice this, but it is terible on people who do sports.

I used to love going to my Grandma's house in California after I had been to my Grandpa's house in Granby. It was so easy to do my morning job. :)

Boston and all the cities near by are at sea level so you are coming from one of the worst possible cities to come play in Denver.

ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. . . don't tell them . . . ;)

I live in Boston. Every time I go back home to Denver, my morning jog hurts like heck for about 4 days. It gets worse the longer I am away from Denver. It has nothing to do with being conditioned. It has to do with your body being adjusted to the altitude.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Brian Cox (ex-LB and co-host on Fox Sports Radio-The Drive) remembers playing in Denver. He said it never mattered how conditioned you were, you ALWAYS felt the altitude. Especially in the 4th quarter.

I imagine the Pats D will be feeling it. With our outstanding run game, our regular habit of getting leads, then running the ball to keep the clock running, their D is going to feel it.

Especially the secondary of the Pats. They'll be chasing Rod Smith and Lelie up the field all day...not to mention Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson! :beer:

trident60
01-12-2006, 10:39 AM

You my fellow NE fan are surely mistaken. Wake up dude. Yes, your right game plan and execution, but the rest is bs. Stop making us NE fans look like fricking single minded tool sheds. Thanks.

Medford Bronco
01-12-2006, 11:26 AM

Works for me.

Go Broncos!!!

Solomon Wilcox is a very well respected member of the NFL network. He does not just blindly say the Pats win because of the past or because of Brady, Belichek etc.
He analyzed the whole situation and thinks Denver will win based on what he sees and puts huge stock in Home field and the altitude. There is a reason why Denver has the best home record over the last 25 years. Good teams but also playing in the thin are makes a difference.

Broncos 27 Pats 24. :coffee: