PDA

View Full Version : Pats VS Broncos/steeltown observer

Steelguy73
01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
Hey Bronco Fans, i'm a sports talk show host in the pittsburgh area. i love playoff time. i thought i'd come on and give you a Pittsburgh perspective of your upcoming game against the Pats.

Your team reminds me a lot of last years Steeler team. Great run defense, great running game, and a qb who is managing the game and not making too many mistakes. Unfortunately for us Ben was exhausted by the end of the year. Considering the combine workouts, spring camp, summer camp, pre season, 16 reg season games and too playoff games is too much to ask for of a rookie qb. So at least you guys have a vetern qb who has been in the league for a while. That being said let me tell ya what to expect and not expect in saturdays game.

Forget the game this year versus the Pats. Get it out of your mind. The Pats are going to take away the your running game early on. i know , I know , nobody can stop your running game. But that new england coach was able to stop a rams offense in the superbowl, he's going to take away your strenth and its your running game.

When the Pats win these big games, their defense almost always gets a turnover early in the game, and then BRady puts the ball in the endzone. The Pats almost always seem to get a lead. i don't know how this is , but it happens over and over again. jake Plummer has to be careful early on. he has to make plays and move the football, but not risk anything. Play the field position game and not get discouraged if your not ahead by 2 scores. Also be sure that the Pats defense will be playing your receivers very tighj, therefore Plummer will have to be sharp. Again this will not be like the game early this year, its going to be much more difficult then that.

now there's Brady. 70,000 screaming fans doesn't matter. Your homefield won't matter. He's very accurate and hard to get off the field on third down. Look for the Pats to open up in a spread offense and not a conventional one.

prediction'

the key to this game for the Broncos is to get a lead. if that happens i believe you will win. But Plummer must be exceptional in this one. if he is up to it, i think you will win. That's about as good as a prediction as you will get out of me.

by the way, nobody is giving the Steelers a chance this week, and the steelers are loving every minute of it. Don't be shocked if the Pitt beats the Colts. Steelers are a great team, with a healthy Ben, who by the way is the real deal. he leads the league in yards per pass attempt. The steelers are 25-3 with him as their qb. The Colts are a great team as well, but its going to be closer then what most people think.

good Luck to u

bronxs
01-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey Bronco Fans, i'm a sports talk show host in the pittsburgh area. i love playoff time. i thought i'd come on and give you a Pittsburgh perspective of your upcoming game against the Pats.

Your team reminds me a lot of last years Steeler team. Great run defense, great running game, and a qb who is managing the game and not making too many mistakes. Unfortunately for us Ben was exhausted by the end of the year. Considering the combine workouts, spring camp, summer camp, pre season, 16 reg season games and too playoff games is too much to ask for of a rookie qb. So at least you guys have a vetern qb who has been in the league for a while. That being said let me tell ya what to expect and not expect in saturdays game.

Forget the game this year versus the Pats. Get it out of your mind. The Pats are going to take away the your running game early on. i know , I know , nobody can stop your running game. But that new england coach was able to stop a rams offense in the superbowl, he's going to take away your strenth and its your running game.

When the Pats win these big games, their defense almost always gets a turnover early in the game, and then BRady puts the ball in the endzone. The Pats almost always seem to get a lead. i don't know how this is , but it happens over and over again. jake Plummer has to be careful early on. he has to make plays and move the football, but not risk anything. Play the field position game and not get discouraged if your not ahead by 2 scores. Also be sure that the Pats defense will be playing your receivers very tighj, therefore Plummer will have to be sharp. Again this will not be like the game early this year, its going to be much more difficult then that.

now there's Brady. 70,000 screaming fans doesn't matter. Your homefield won't matter. He's very accurate and hard to get off the field on third down. Look for the Pats to open up in a spread offense and not a conventional one.

prediction'

the key to this game for the Broncos is to get a lead. if that happens i believe you will win. But Plummer must be exceptional in this one. if he is up to it, i think you will win. That's about as good as a prediction as you will get out of me.

by the way, nobody is giving the Steelers a chance this week, and the steelers are loving every minute of it. Don't be shocked if the Pitt beats the Colts. Steelers are a great team, with a healthy Ben, who by the way is the real deal. he leads the league in yards per pass attempt. The steelers are 25-3 with him as their qb. The Colts are a great team as well, but its going to be closer then what most people think.

good Luck to u
thanks and your assements are fair. I believe the fan noise won't allow them to call plays at the line of scrimmage, they don't do it all the time like other teams, but the noise will be a little disruptive. Denver tight ends will be critical this week in the passing game. I believe our tight ends can have a big day, especially if they try to take our running game away. They will try to take the running game, rod smith, then ashley lelie. So jeb putsier wil have to have a field day. Denver bronco defense can create turnovers as well, and champ bailey has a nack for the end zone this year too. Special teams will be crucial, and I like darrent williams on the returns.

Archimedes Owl
01-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Which talk show are you a host of??

I don't believe you for a second about being a talk show host.

As for the Broncos Patriots match up, I doubt that Denver's run game will be stopped unless the Patriots move some safeties up into the box. And if that happens, we have the wideouts to beat their corners. And we have a superb set of tight ends that can beat safeties and linebackers in coverage. And Denver should be able to run even against the tough New England defense. Even if they key in on the run. Denver built up its superb running stats against some pretty damn good run defenses. For example: Philly (week before they faced us and got mauled, they allowed only 21 rushing yards to San Diego), San Diego twice, Baltimore, Dallas, Washington, and Jacksonville. Even the teams that we played that were not strong against it. For example, Miami and the Jets are both decent against the run, so it's not like Denver has built the best statistical ground attack against teams that can't defend the run. As a matter of fact, I'd say that they've played some of the toughest run defenses in the league and still rank quite well.

As for, "The Patiots always get a lead. It has been ordained by a god." That's just nonsense. Sure, the Patriots can get a lead and have gotten leads in the past, but they aren't more likely to get a lead than the Broncos. This year the Broncos have had the lead in games more than any other team except the Colts. There is no real reason to believe that the Pats are more likely to get a lead on Denver than for Denver to get a lead on the Patriots.

Now, you could argue that if Denver gets a lead, the Patriots are more likely to mount a comeback with their passing game, but at the same time, you could argue that Denver is better equipped to maintain a lead because of their dominant running game. And Denver should be able to come back because the Patriots have a somewhat weak secondary. I expect the Broncos to be able to exploit it. They shouldn't be able to exploit it as well as earlier this year, but they should be able to exploit it.

As for the Steelers against the Colts, there is a good reason why people consider the Steelers a huge underdog: The Steelers got hammered by the Colts the first time around. Still, I see the Steelers as having a decent shot at stopping the Colts. After all, the Steelers have an excellent defense. They are just superb against the run. And they are pretty good against the pass. And yes, the Steelers offense has the highest yards per attempt in the league. Part of that is likely do to the fact that the Steelers are more likely to run in short yardage situations and those short yardage situations bring down the average of most teams. Still, being able to gain that many yards per attempt is impressive.

And against a Colts pass defense that gives up the highest completion percentage in the league and the 20th ranked passing yards per attempt, I have to think that Pittsburgh should be able to throw the ball. Of course, the key is that Pittsburgh has to actually run this time. Last time they played the Colts they weren't able to get the running game going so they faced a lot of long yardage situations where the Colts D really excells.

Also, the Steelers should really do their best to not let the Colts get a huge lead.

Southstander
01-12-2006, 02:05 AM

prediction'

good Luck to u

Same to you... Hope to see your team in Den in a Week

Mile High Jedi
01-12-2006, 03:51 AM
The Patriots have a very capable Run Defense. If they want to, they will stop Denver's running game. But Denver will make them commit to that, because it's not like the Broncos are going to abandon the run. It just means they'll switch out RBs throughout the game.

The Patriot front line will likely see a lot of power from Anderson in the beginning of the game. A lot of speed from Tatum in the middle of the game. And whatever juice they have left in the tank will face the tenacious Dayne in the end of the game.

As long as Denver's Offense minimizes (or eliminates) the trunovers, they have the ability to just wear their opponents down.

CapeCodder
01-12-2006, 05:15 AM
There is a difference in Jake Plummer's numbers this year. Something has changed in how he is playing. My guess is that it comes from a coach who reined him in, has a strong running game, and has committed Jake to a lower risk game plan.

The Patriots coaching staff undoubtedly has broken down what the difference is and what is necessary to return Jake to his old ways.

I'm no coach, or radio talk show host, but it all looks like it comes off of the success of the running game. Then what is it about the running game that is working. There are a lot of good backs, a lot of good O lines, but what is it that makes the Broncos work better? Maybe it is back side blocking - cutting off the guys that close in as the runner goes hrough the line. A good coach is going to get that into the heads of smart linebackers, so that they can adjust accordingly.

My prediction is that the back side blocking will be less effective in this game and more commitment will be toward the short passing game. If that does not go well, the temptation of going long against a secondary that has terrible stats might be the what brings Jake back to being the old Jake.

In the playoffs, the Patriots beat almost no one. They make the opponent beat himself enough to wind up with more points on the board at the end of the day. There is no game in the last several years where the Patriots looked great.

Archimedes Owl
01-12-2006, 05:40 AM
There is a difference in Jake Plummer's numbers this year. Something has changed in how he is playing. My guess is that it comes from a coach who reined him in, has a strong running game, and has committed Jake to a lower risk game plan.

The Patriots coaching staff undoubtedly has broken down what the difference is and what is necessary to return Jake to his old ways.

I'm no coach, or radio talk show host, but it all looks like it comes off of the success of the running game. Then what is it about the running game that is working. There are a lot of good backs, a lot of good O lines, but what is it that makes the Broncos work better? Maybe it is back side blocking - cutting off the guys that close in as the runner goes hrough the line. A good coach is going to get that into the heads of smart linebackers, so that they can adjust accordingly.

My prediction is that the back side blocking will be less effective in this game and more commitment will be toward the short passing game. If that does not go well, the temptation of going long against a secondary that has terrible stats might be the what brings Jake back to being the old Jake.

In the playoffs, the Patriots beat almost no one. They make the opponent beat himself enough to wind up with more points on the board at the end of the day. There is no game in the last several years where the Patriots looked great.
We had a terrific running game last year and Jake still made a couple of mistakes. Really, there are several differences from last year and this year. First of all, Denver has had a lead so often that he hasn't had to risk throwing any interceptions. Simply having a gigantic lead means that a quarterback can play it safe and only throw when he knows their is no risk. When a QB is attempting to come from behind or is playing in a tight game, he will make more throws that are more risky. Still, last year Jake had several really moronic plays. He threw the ball when he absolutely shouldn't have. He was trying to Brett Favre it up the wazoo at times. Still, he didn't have a horrible year. His few horrible mistakes just cast a shadow on all of the positive things that he was able to do as a QB. During the offseason, the coaches didn't reign him in and they aren't holding him under control. Instead, they evaluated his mistakes and helped him eliminate them. Couple that with the team having gigantic leads and suddenly he has the fewest interceptions per game of any QB in the league.

The other factor at work here is that he's gotten a better grasp of Denver's offensive scheme. Not that he didn't understand it in the least last year, but this year he has really improved his understanding a great deal.

Of course, luck is always a factor and somewhat bad luck last year with defenders simply catching the ball and getting tipped passes has been replaced by somewhat good luck this year. When it could have gone either way last year, it went tended to go against him; whereas when it could have gone either way this year, it has tended to go for him.

What this all means is that Jake may throw some interceptions and the Patriots may take advantage, but he's to break out and throw more interceptions against the Patriots. This is especially apparent when you examine the Patriots' defensive statistics.

Only three teams have fewer interceptions than the Patriots.

The Patriots haven't exactly forced a lot of interceptions, so despite the fact that Bellichick is considered a genius, it isn't likely that his secondary will skirt all trends and starts picking the ball off left and right.

txbronco
01-12-2006, 08:00 AM
We had a terrific running game last year and Jake still made a couple of mistakes. Really, there are several differences from last year and this year. First of all, Denver has had a lead so often that he hasn't had to risk throwing any interceptions. Simply having a gigantic lead means that a quarterback can play it safe and only throw when he knows their is no risk. When a QB is attempting to come from behind or is playing in a tight game, he will make more throws that are more risky. Still, last year Jake had several really moronic plays. He threw the ball when he absolutely shouldn't have. He was trying to Brett Favre it up the wazoo at times. Still, he didn't have a horrible year. His few horrible mistakes just cast a shadow on all of the positive things that he was able to do as a QB. During the offseason, the coaches didn't reign him in and they aren't holding him under control. Instead, they evaluated his mistakes and helped him eliminate them. Couple that with the team having gigantic leads and suddenly he has the fewest interceptions per game of any QB in the league.

The other factor at work here is that he's gotten a better grasp of Denver's offensive scheme. Not that he didn't understand it in the least last year, but this year he has really improved his understanding a great deal.

Of course, luck is always a factor and somewhat bad luck last year with defenders simply catching the ball and getting tipped passes has been replaced by somewhat good luck this year. When it could have gone either way last year, it went tended to go against him; whereas when it could have gone either way this year, it has tended to go for him.

What this all means is that Jake may throw some interceptions and the Patriots may take advantage, but he's to break out and throw more interceptions against the Patriots. This is especially apparent when you examine the Patriots' defensive statistics.

Only three teams have fewer interceptions than the Patriots.

The Patriots haven't exactly forced a lot of interceptions, so despite the fact that Bellichick is considered a genius, it isn't likely that his secondary will skirt all trends and starts picking the ball off left and right.

The key I think, as someone stated ealier, is to get a lead and POUND the ball. If the pats are going to stop the run, let em try. Once a run is established, the play action can be used, and with a weakened Pats seconday, i think we can exploit the pats.
Jake has to make good decisions in the pocket and not TRY to make plays. Denver must gain control of the game......fyi, random note, i'm watching sportscenter right now and Tony Gonzales just picked denver to win it all, just thought I would throw that out there.....as i was saying, dictating the pace if the game is the key.
Hopefully we will run the ball 30+ times. We do that, we win. That simple.

NILAFIED
01-12-2006, 08:10 AM
You know what we might just do? I say we as fans are part of this team! You all remember the Bills game where we passed the enire 1st half aka as passing to set up the run in the second half? Well I do think we might just do that sort of like what we have done in a few games this year. I do think it would work to since the Pats secondary is suspect so we pass the 1st half then run in the 2nd half run up the gut! Go Denver!

gobroncsnv
01-12-2006, 08:16 AM
I would bet we come out throwing alot in the first part of the game, just to foil the Pat's trying to take away the run. Let'm stack the box and go over their heads. When they adjust to the air game, it's boots on the ground time. Belicheck is a great one for setting up schemes, but Shanny's gonna hand him a lesson this game.

kilkizan
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM

prediction'

good Luck to u

I dont believe that you are on a talk show first of all, saying so brings no credit to this thread when you post drivil like the above quoted text. Second, at least you are not a sports writter, we know that for sure! :laugh:

Steelguy73
01-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Just getting back to you, thanks for the replys. I don't know why anyone would think I would make up a story that I have sports talk show. i do. It's not huge or anything, just a weekend gig. You can even listen in , I will be on saturday night after the football games. We are live over the internet at wmbs590.com. My name is Dutch. There's even a toll free number to call the show!

I think its important to any team playing this weekend to get a lead. These defenses are all to good to try to play catch up. I think the Pats were on a streak last year were they were something like 26 out 27 games were they got a lead first. It will be interesting to see if the Pats are the same team. I am one that feels they have taken a step back. Their o-line is not nearly as good. And the secondary can be thrown on. In the past it always amazed me at how well they pass protect. This year with the injuries, there not as good. I think another good thing you have going for you is that Shanahan has a great offensive mind. Cowher has this mentality that "were going to run the football and you see if you stop us" well the good defenses in the playoffs aren't going to let you run, at least in the beginning of the game that is, you must throw the ball early to get a lead, and run the ball as the game goes on to eat up time. The last time the steelers played the colts, they ran on first and second down for the first 7 positions., You can't do that unless you got a nice comfortable lead. Otherewise you put your qb in 3rd and long all the time and there is nothing easy about that. i sometimes think Big Ben has the toughest job, cause he only gets to throw on third down (the pressure down) most of time, when the defenses are expecting it. Hopefully the steelers won't make that mistake this time around.

i will say that i wish Tom Brady would just shut up.The no respect crap is getting old. If anything, your Broncos are getting very little respect. I can tell you that across the country nobody thinks denver can win it, cause of Plummer. who know's who's right. But Your coach is one i respect and they willl be prepared.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Plummer has actually performed well during the playoffs. Our downfall the last couple of years has been our defense. Previous years we've limped into the playoffs.

Vs. Colts last year, Plummer actually had a good game: 24/34 (70.6%) for 284 yards, 2TD and 1 INT. Passer rating of 103.1.

Our defense last year couldnt stop Manning and Co. Hence the improvements. Jake puts up these numbers this weekend, at home, with our running game...we have a pretty good chance of heading to the AFC Championship Game.:D

trident60
01-12-2006, 01:56 PM
There is no game in the last several years where the Patriots looked great.

How the heck can you say this buddy. Tell me how many Pats games you watched the past several years. I don't care if you detest the Pats, but don't sit here and make yourself look like a fool. :confused: :duh:

txbronco
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
I would bet we come out throwing alot in the first part of the game, just to foil the Pat's trying to take away the run. Let'm stack the box and go over their heads. When they adjust to the air game, it's boots on the ground time. Belicheck is a great one for setting up schemes, but Shanny's gonna hand him a lesson this game.

Belicheck is amazing. He strikes fear in my heart. I heard a stat today on ESPN. If Bill Belicheck plays a team twice in a season/postseason. On the second time around on playing a team in the season, he is 15-0.

I say this because Belicheck saw us ealier this season.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Belicheck is amazing. He strikes fear in my heart. I heard a stat today on ESPN. If Bill Belicheck plays a team twice in a season/postseason. On the second time around on playing a team in the season, he is 15-0.

Actually, its 15-1. ;) And who, do you ask, they play twice a year on a consistant basis? Jets, Bills and Miami.

Yes, BB is a genius. But there is another one on our side. In our house. In the thin air. With the better team.

It's time he went 15-2 :P

BroncoInMich
01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Actually, its 15-1. ;) And who, do you ask, they play twice a year on a consistant basis? Jets, Bills and Miami.

Yes, BB is a genius. But there is another one on our side. In our house. In the thin air. With the better team.

Not to mention the Broncos are 10-0 at home in games played in December and January since 2000.

SACOTFW
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM

prediction'

good Luck to u

Respectfully...but totally disagree with your assesment. NEW ENGLAND HAS NEVER STOPPPED THE BRONCOS RUNNING GAME!! Even when we had our 3rd stringer Danny Kannell playing and they could bring 8 guys into the box. The Broncos still ran all over them.

bronxs
01-12-2006, 06:12 PM
What nobody is taking into consideration is the size. Our linemen must love this matchup because they are actually as big as NE defensive linemen, and since it's defense is a 3-4, we will have some linemen blocking linebackers, that must be a linemen's dream.

Steelguy73
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
SACOTFW

You said "the pats have never stopped denver's running game"

In all due respect to ya, this is the type of stuff I am warnig you about, First of all forget the game this year that you played. The Pats had like several starters missing. Plus the Steelers steamrolled the Pats in the regular season last year and got steamrolled in the Playoffs. Before you start getting over confident and think the Bill B can't stop your run game. Consider the last 2 playoffs for a second. The Colt offesnse that destroyed your Broncos, was completely shut down a week later by the Pats. I believe if the Broncos win this game, they will have to go thru hell to do ir, that is if this pats team is not a fraud and is indeed similar to last years.

txbronco
01-12-2006, 07:14 PM

you know, that is very true! I didnt think about that. Thanks for showing me that :beer:

If the pats are in any other division in the NFL they dont make the playoffs.

I didnt consider the competition factor this season.
You are a champion.

SACOTFW
01-12-2006, 07:39 PM
SACOTFW

You said "the pats have never stopped denver's running game"

In all due respect to ya, this is the type of stuff I am warnig you about, First of all forget the game this year that you played. The Pats had like several starters missing. Plus the Steelers steamrolled the Pats in the regular season last year and got steamrolled in the Playoffs. Before you start getting over confident and think the Bill B can't stop your run game. Consider the last 2 playoffs for a second. The Colt offesnse that destroyed your Broncos, was completely shut down a week later by the Pats. I believe if the Broncos win this game, they will have to go thru hell to do ir, that is if this pats team is not a fraud and is indeed similar to last years.

I don't care about this years game. We ran all over them when they had their most stout defense in 2003. Remember, when Ted Washington was getting so much press for his ability to destroy the offensive line? We didn't flinch against that squad and they had rodney harrison and ty law to boot. Its not overconfidence. Belicheck has never been able to stop Shanny's ground game period. The pats have had success shutting down the colts and steelers in regular season and post season play. I'm not making this analysis off of one game like many steeler fans did after last years blowout of new england.

Conquistadita
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't care about this years game. We ran all over them when they had their most stout defense in 2003. Remember, when Ted Washington was getting so much press for his ability to destroy the offensive line? We didn't flinch against that squad and they had rodney harrison and ty law to boot. Its not overconfidence. Belicheck has never been able to stop Shanny's ground game period. The pats have had success shutting down the colts and steelers in regular season and post season play. I'm not making this analysis off of one game like many steeler fans did after last years blowout of new england.

Um... that was the last game Ted Washington sat out with an injury. Seymour sat out that game too. So you were playing against a front line of Green, Klecko (hahaha Klecko at nose guard), and Hamilton. That's right, Bobby Hamilton was the best run stopper that night. BTW, Ty Law was playing on a severely sprained ankle.

But the actual situation aside, great point. :huh:

SACOTFW
01-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Um... that was the last game Ted Washington sat out with an injury. Seymour sat out that game too. So you were playing against a front line of Green, Klecko (hahaha Klecko at nose guard), and Hamilton. That's right, Bobby Hamilton was the best run stopper that night. BTW, Ty Law was playing on a severely sprained ankle.

But the actual situation aside, great point. :huh:
No kidding? I stand corrected. I still think they should have done a much better job at shutting down the broncos running game that night since we had a 3rd stringer at qb.

Conquistadita
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
No kidding? I stand corrected. I still think they should have done a much better job at shutting down the broncos running game that night since we had a 3rd stringer at qb.

Yep, if you don't believe me, check out the lineup: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20031103_NE@DEN

And you're right, that's no excuse for the amount of offense they let up, especially considering they still were considered an elite defense even without Washington (though Seymour was the real anchor in that defense, not Washington or Law or Harrison, so that could be a major reason).

As a brief aside, in my opinion they had a better defense last year than the year before, even if the stats don't show it.

Conquistadita
01-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Whoa, apparently Ted Johnson was out that game too. Dayum, they had a loooot of injuries that year, haha.

steelersfan123
01-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I will be listening saturday night after the game... I am a pittsburgh fan if you can't tell. GO STEELERS...

GO BRONCOS

We'll find out on saturday and sunday what is going to happen all i can say is that I like routing for underdogs cause the feeling is so much better when they win.

here are the latest lines the underdogs are in bold....

NFL
Saturday, Jan 14
Favorite Open Today O/U Underdog
at Denver 3 3 44 New England
at Seattle 9 9 41 Washington

Sunday, Jan 15
Favorite Open Today O/U Underdog
at Chicago 3 3 30 1/2 Carolina
at Indianapolis 9 9 1/2 47 1/2 Pittsburgh

I don't know about you but i would like to see all the underdogs win this weekend. (exept for the pats!!!!) would be something i think never seen in the playoffs...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/odds

Daily Lines
NFL | NHL | NBA | College Basketball ATS411.com PinnacleSports.com MySportsbook.com BetUS.com
Open Cur Open Cur Open Cur Open Cur
Saturday, January 14 - 4:30 PM ET
Washington 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.0 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.0 O/U
Seattle -9.0 -9.0 -110.0 -9.0 -9.0 -103.0 -9.0 -9.5 -9.0 -9.0 -110.0
Saturday, January 14 - 8:00 PM ET
New England 43.0 O/U 44.0 O/U 43.0 O/U 43.5 O/U 43.0 O/U 44.0 O/U 43.0 O/U 43.5 O/U
Denver -3.5 -3.0 -105.0 -3.5 -3.0 -112.0 -3.5 -3.0 -3.5 -3.0 -120.0
Sunday, January 15 - 1:00 PM ET
Pittsburgh 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U
Indianapolis -9.5 -9.5 -110.0 -9.5 -9.5 -108.0 -9.5 -9.5 -9.5 -9.5 -110.0
Sunday, January 15 - 4:30 PM ET
Carolina 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.5 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U
Chicago -3.0 -3.0 105.0 -3.0 -2.5 -110.0 -3.0 -3.0 -3.0 -3.0 105.0

Daily Lines
NFL | NHL | NBA | College Basketball ATS411.com PinnacleSports.com MySportsbook.com BetUS.com
Open Cur Open Cur Open Cur Open Cur
Saturday, January 14 - 4:30 PM ET
Washington 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.0 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.5 O/U 41.0 O/U
Seattle -9.0 -9.0 -110.0 -9.0 -9.0 -103.0 -9.0 -9.5 -9.0 -9.0 -110.0
Saturday, January 14 - 8:00 PM ET
New England 43.0 O/U 44.0 O/U 43.0 O/U 43.5 O/U 43.0 O/U 44.0 O/U 43.0 O/U 43.5 O/U
Denver -3.5 -3.0 -105.0 -3.5 -3.0 -112.0 -3.5 -3.0 -3.5 -3.0 -120.0
Sunday, January 15 - 1:00 PM ET
Pittsburgh 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U 47.5 O/U
Indianapolis -9.5 -9.5 -110.0 -9.5 -9.5 -108.0 -9.5 -9.5 -9.5 -9.5 -110.0
Sunday, January 15 - 4:30 PM ET
Carolina 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.5 O/U 31.0 O/U 30.0 O/U
Chicago -3.0 -3.0 105.0 -3.0 -2.5 -110.0 -3.0 -3.0 -3.0 -3.0 105.0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/dailylines

according to espn the broncos are favored by 3.5

i think they will win and ruin NE streak

DaBroncs
01-12-2006, 10:57 PM
we're going to run all over their ass. and if the patsies do stop our run, Lelie, Rod, Putz, Alexander, Duke, Adams are going to torch their secondary.

if on O, the pats want to go max protection against our blitz, well let you, and drop 8 and will pick Brandy for a td or 2.

Dillion is going to be going backwards.

oh, and if the pats don't want to go max protection, Brandys going to find himself on the ground much of the day.

BRING IT!

Conquistadita
01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Nice use of objective logic in a related discussion. I commend you for your wise choice of forums for your comments, too. :duh:

bronxs
01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
the bottom line is that denver must work hard. Everything they do they must be committed 100%.

JRWIZ
01-13-2006, 12:30 AM

But mostly it is against the weak division foes. How many others does he play two games against in one season?

Just noticed this has been answered in the last page. But it is still valid the pasties have a good team, coach and some great fans.

They have been in a weak division for like ever one other good team to keep them honest, the others are average at best.

txbronco
01-13-2006, 07:25 AM
But mostly it is against the weak division foes. How many others does he play two games against in one season?

Just noticed this has been answered in the last page. But it is still valid the pasties have a good team, coach and some great fans.

They have been in a weak division for like ever one other good team to keep them honest, the others are average at best.
Agreed, solidly