PDA

View Full Version : NC St. DT John McCargo

MindField
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
This guy declared, and at 6'2"-298, he has the stout body build, and has a nasty
disposition. Tough kid, who is also a dominant run-stuffing DT, keep your eye on him, as I am sure he will begin his rise up the charts.

I like this kid, and I beleive he will be a better Pro than the Orien Harris', Claude Wroten's or Rodwerique Wright's that are also contending for first round status.

BroncoRT
01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
This guy declared, and at 6'2"-298, he has the stout body build, and has a nasty
disposition. Tough kid, who is also a dominant run-stuffing DT, keep your eye on him, as I am sure he will begin his rise up the charts.

I like this kid, and I beleive he will be a better Pro than the Orien Harris', Claude Wroten's or Rodwerique Wright's that are also contending for first round status.

I loved watching this guy play with Lawson and Williams. He was solid in the middle always with good penetration into the backfield. He has been overshadowed by Williams and Lawson all season, and I think he will be a solid pro.

I hope he is not like Ryan Simms was at NC next to Peppers. He looked good in college when Peppers was getting all the double teams, but when he goes to the pros he is disappointing.

OhNoKoolAid
01-12-2006, 09:51 PM
I loved watching this guy play with Lawson and Williams. He was solid in the middle always with good penetration into the backfield. He has been overshadowed by Williams and Lawson all season, and I think he will be a solid pro.

I hope he is not like Ryan Simms was at NC next to Peppers. He looked good in college when Peppers was getting all the double teams, but when he goes to the pros he is disappointing.

That's a legitimate concern you point out. Sims is a player that I still think is good, he just can't be THE guy.

I was impressed at how many plays McCargo made in pursuit and towards the sideline. Now he had more room to roam because attention was paid to the other two, but he didn't dissapoint this year either. McCargo would fit well here in the Michael Myers role, where he's a wave NT/UT and makes plays in pursuit. If you draft McCargo with the opinion that he will be a force on his own, however, you may be dissapointed.

I'm curious as to why so many NC State players jumped ship. Tulloch and Derek Morris are nice players, but you can't tell me their value has peaked...

WABronco
01-13-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm curious as to why so many NC State players jumped ship. Tulloch and Derek Morris are nice players, but you can't tell me their value has peaked...

It's their crazy coach... :goofy:

OhNoKoolAid
01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
It's their crazy coach... :goofy:

Yeah, but he seems to be fairly effective and well respected by the fan base, but I don't know what goes on at practice, meetings, etc.

How about Joe Tiller? He has been noted this year for conflicts with his two best young defenders, who have since turned pro (Edwards, Pollard), and now today, his QB makes himself available for the draft, a move I'm quite floored by, initially. If you can't hang on to your talent, you won't have a job for much longer...

PsychoChicken
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Yeah, but he seems to be fairly effective and well respected by the fan base, but I don't know what goes on at practice, meetings, etc.

How about Joe Tiller? He has been noted this year for conflicts with his two best young defenders, who have since turned pro (Edwards, Pollard), and now today, his QB makes himself available for the draft, a move I'm quite floored by, initially. If you can't hang on to your talent, you won't have a job for much longer...
Yeah, I was shocked when I heard about Kirsch. There's definitely something wrong there. Kirsch could stand to move up multiple rounds and millions of dollars if he stays. I wonder what the NFL advisors told him. Kirsch says he got "good reviews" but I can't see him being rated higher than Whitehurst. I can't see him being any higher than a third round pick. Apparently, this must be good enough for him, and if that's good enough for him even considering his college potential, I'd say there has to be something wrong with Purdue. Could the difficult engineering academics and lack of women play a role in this? Or is it a football issue such as poor facilities or coaches?

WABronco
01-13-2006, 05:33 PM

No, I'm sure Amano's (I think that's his name) a great coach. He just looks like a crazy guy on the sidelines, wearin' those glasses.

But yea, Joe Tiller must be a ****, cuz all of his good players are hittin the road.