PDA

View Full Version : are pats fans/media CRAZY?!!

bronx_2003
01-12-2006, 04:04 PM
ive had enough of this crap -

WE ARE 20-0 AT HOME IN NOV-JAN

WE ARE 8-0 AT HOME THIS SEASON

WE ARE 13-3 WITH THE THIRD STRONGEST S.O.S IN THE LEAGUE!

WE ARE NEAR THE TOP OF O / T.O.P / 1ST DOWNS, ETC....

WE BEAT THEM THIS SEASON

i know it will be a tough game but denver should be BIG favourites, all the pats fans/media can throw at us is HISTORY, what can they say for THIS YEAR?????

THEY ARE COMING INTO DENVER - THE MILE HIGH CITY. :beer:

Maurice_Clarett
01-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, man, history is all in the past. I told my bondsman that but he said they still wouldn't let me out. :(

NameUsedBefore
01-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah it is kind of aggravating.

My friend, who loves the Cowboys and hates the Broncos (and I vice versa), said that he thinks the Broncos could easily go all the way. All this media talk of the Patriots sure is getting me wound-up, though. But I always try to remember that the only reason the Pats are on a streak is because of that weak division they have.

Sam_Z
01-12-2006, 04:08 PM

WE BEAT THEM THIS SEASON

i know it will be a tough game but denver should be BIG favourites, all the pats fans/media can throw at us is HISTORY, what can they say for THIS YEAR?????

They wanna worry about history so much, why dont we start the 13 year own streak all over again.
Denver 13-0 against NE until 1999.

broncoswin
01-12-2006, 04:19 PM

WE BEAT THEM THIS SEASON

Also, the past 4 games our D has only allowed an average of 9 points........ seems to me we are "peaking" at the right moment! :beer:

uhhyeahagain
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
If you are going to just list stats, NE fans will probably pipe up with the "Belichick is 15-1" when facing a QB for the second time in one season," stat.

DBroncTD30
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I've noticed a the lack of attention by the media in the past 3 weeks.
Kind of strange how a team can quietly go 13-3, but it has happened.
I did hear ESPN Radio interview Karl Mecklenburg Tuesday night, which was refreshing. He already has his Super Bowl tickets! :D

It's annoying to be dismissed as just a bump in the road to a Colts-Patriots rematch, but I will say I'd rather have the Broncos be under the radar than have to endure the hype the Patriots and Colts have surrouding them.

raiderhater44
01-12-2006, 04:39 PM
History means nothing Sat. night.
I've heard that we must stop your run and place all the pressure on Jake Plummer to beat us.
We've heard on local talk radio that coupled with protecting Tom Brady.
If we can do those two things we have a chance, if not? Well at least we go down fighting against a class team.
Personally I think you would go on to defeat the Seahawks in Detroit.
But I hope we can earn a 3 peat first.
Best wishes.

InBillWeTrust
01-13-2006, 09:35 AM

That's impressive. However, the Patriots are 45-8 in games after November since 2001. Not too bad, either.

So were the Steelers last year. Plus, I'm sure you've gotten tired of hearing that Belichick and his Pats are 10-0 in the playoffs--home or away. :)

The Patriots are ranked 2nd in passing yards per game, and Brady was the leader in total passing yards. New England finished in front of Denver in terms of 1st downs. Denver has an infinately better running game; Patriots only use the run so Brady has an easier time passing.

WE BEAT THEM THIS SEASON

Yea, you did. Just keep in mind that Bruschi, Seymour, Faulk (our now starting running back), and Dillon did not play. Plus, the Patriots were playing Duane Starks in the secondary over Ellis Hobbs; Artrell Hawkins had not arrived, either. Duane Starks was responsible for virtually every big play the Patriots gave up, including two fifty yarders (I think) in week 6. The Steelers beat the pats 34-24 last year in the regular season, too, only to find that the win meant nothing in the AFC Championship Game.

Well, since the streak(s) (10-0 in playoffs, 6-0 when facing an opponent that beat them earlier) are still going, I don't think they are HISTORY. :) If you want something related to THIS YEAR, how about that the Patriots rush defense has been #1 in the second half of the season. Sure, you could attribute this to the weak schedule, but it also has a lot to do with the return of Seymour and Bruschi. Brady had the most passing yards in the NFL, this year. Rosevelt Colvin and Willie McGinest, alone, have combined for 18.5 sacks. The Patriots total sacks would be a lot higher had Bruschi and Seymour played all year.

Just a few friendly contradictions can't hurt.

rogue719
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Also, the past 4 games our D has only allowed an average of 9 points........ seems to me we are "peaking" at the right moment! :beer:

And against tougher teams than the Patsies played in their last four. We killed San Diego, for cryin' out loud, in a game that wasn't supposed to mean anything and which we were expected to lose by resting our starters. Even playing in Kansas City in December in Arrowhead we barely lost, and these guys were beating the Jets and talking trash.

ProjectDSM
01-13-2006, 10:24 AM
The bottom line of all this media hype/BS is it doesn't matter come playing time. One team will win and one will lose. That is the only thing we can say right now. So everyone can put their wang back into their pants and put away the measuring tape.

Oh, and GO BRONCOS!!! :beer: