PDA

View Full Version : USA Today--Mike Anderson

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:18 PM
Usa today says mike anderson is out on sat. I posted this in the general board but I really did not get the answer i was looking for. Is this true or is it a missprint??

Thanks

Denver Injuries
Player Pos Injury Status

S. Alexander TE Toe Prob Sat
K. Burns LB Knee Prob Sat
J. Putzier TE Shoulder Prob Sat
C. Brown DE Knee Prob Sat
A. Wilson LB Thumb Prob Sat
D. Williams CB Groin Prob Sat
D. Watts WR Ankle Ques Thurs
M. Anderson RB Ankle Out Sat
D. Carswell T Chest out for season

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Usa today says mike anderson is out on sat. I posted this in the general board but I really did not get the answer i was looking for. Is this true or is it a missprint??

Thanks

Denver Injuries
Player Pos Injury Status

S. Alexander TE Toe Prob Sat
K. Burns LB Knee Prob Sat
J. Putzier TE Shoulder Prob Sat
C. Brown DE Knee Prob Sat
A. Wilson LB Thumb Prob Sat
D. Williams CB Groin Prob Sat
D. Watts WR Ankle Ques Thurs
M. Anderson RB Ankle Out Sat
D. Carswell T Chest out for season

I certainly hope it's not true!!!!

Denver Native
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
If you look on the Broncos homepage under features, they list the injuries for the Broncos and NE, and Mike is not on the list. Not sure where USA got their information.

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
If you look on the Broncos homepage under features, they list the injuries for the Broncos and NE, and Mike is not on the list. Not sure where USA got their information.

When was the denver page last updated?? Not to jinx us but usa today says today at noon.

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I checked USATODAY's website in the sports section they mention nothing about an injury to anderson.

Kapaibro
01-12-2006, 06:29 PM
I've just checked NFL.com and the Broncos site and there's no news about Mike.

Nothing on SI.com either

MSNBC has him listed as being out for Saturday! Damn, this is huge!
http://covers.msnbc.com/data/nfl/injury/injuries_afc.html

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:32 PM
I checked USATODAY's website in the sports section they mention nothing about an injury to anderson. DUDE YOUR BLIND !!

If you look at my post I copied it from usa today.

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
This is starting to scare me, someone give me a definent answer! :ugh:

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
DUDE YOUR BLIND !!

If you look at my post I copied it from usa today.

My bad, sorry buddy. :D

Casper Bronco
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
He's playing. He could have played against San Diego if he had to.

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
This is starting to scare me, someone give me a definent answer! :ugh:
Well if it helps msnbc is identical to usatoday. hopfully its a screw up. How can we find out??

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
My bad, sorry buddy. :D

Its all good. :D :beer:

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Well if it helps msnbc is identical to usatoday. hopfully its a screw up. How can we find out??

We'll just have to wait.

Nyx
01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I havent seen anything on my usual sites about him being out. He isn't even on the injury report on nfl.com...

nfl.com injury report (http://superbowl.com/injuries)

NE PROBABLE
QB Tom Brady (Shoulder)
ILB Matt Chatham (Knee)
RB Corey Dillon (Calf)
FB Heath Evans (Shoulder)
TE Christian Fauria (Foot)
TE Daniel Graham (Shoulder)
DE Jarvis Green (Shoulder)
CB Artrell Hawkins (Thigh)
G Russ Hochstein (Ankle)
T Nick Kaczur (Shoulder)
C Gene Mruczkowski (Back)
FB Patrick Pass (Hamstring)

DEN PROBABLE
TE Stephen Alexander (Toe)
DE Courtney Brown (Knee)
MLB Keith Burns (Knee)
TE Jeb Putzier (Shoulder)
CB Darrent Williams (Groin)
MLB Al Wilson (Thumb)

Greg

Gyro
01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm pretty sure we'd know for sure by now if it was true, nfl.com would report it immediatly.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 06:43 PM
From todays Rocky Mountain News:

Anderson, who sat out the finale because of a sprained left ankle but is fine after the bye, finished with 1,014 yards and 12 touchdowns. Tatum Bell came 79 yards short of reaching 1,000 but scored three touchdowns Dec. 31 against the San Diego Chargers in place of Anderson.

Full articile:Rocy Mountain News (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4382342,00.html)

Astrass
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Prolly not correct. In any case.....why all the drama? You know Bell is gonna get a lot of carries this game and Dayne has been unstopable when hes played. Calm down people.

broncos0707
01-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Prolly not correct. In any case.....why all the drama? You know Bell is gonna get a lot of carries this game and Dayne has been unstopable when hes played. Calm down people.

I think when you lose someone like anderson you lose more then a player you lose alot of pride.

BroncFanIN
01-12-2006, 06:57 PM
I think when you lose someone like anderson you lose more then a player you lose alot of pride.
honestly, I think Anderson is fine. I would think it would make headlines that the starting RB for the Broncos wasnt playing....if only to say that boosts NE chances of winning.... ;)

gmjones2001
01-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Maybe just some 'leftover' confusion with the Raider game?

Our last three reg. season games were all Saturday games and Mike did sit out against the Raiders.

<shrug>

Websites not being updated and USA Today not checking facts properly maybe.

broncoswin
01-12-2006, 09:47 PM
I think it is a mistake. No report as of late from the Denver Post or Rocky Mountian News.

I did read that most of NE's injury reported sat out some of practice. Everyone I believe except Tom Brady.

Snk16
01-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Anderson could have played in SD but they didn't wantto injure him worse. He'll play on Saturday, mark my words.

BroncoABQ
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Maybe Shanahan is pulling a Bellichik :cool:

SSBRONCS
01-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Anderson could have played in SD but they didn't wantto injure him worse. He'll play on Saturday, mark my words.

the words have been marked :beer: i think he'll be playing too