PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Statistics

BiggyBoy660
01-12-2006, 07:51 PM
I need to vent just a little. Please excuse me but all I have been hearing all week is Tom Brady is 10-0 in the postseason and The Patriots are 6-0 when facing an opponent for the second time. These are the reasons that folks believe the Pats are gonna beat the Broncos. Give me a break! After this Saturday night The streaks will be over. These numbers sound better to me Tom Brady 10-1 in the postseason and the Patriots will be 6-1 when facing an opponent for the second time in a season. I don't know about anyone else but man I can't wait till Saturday night!!!! Go Broncos!!! Invesco will be rockin hopefully all night. :beer:

RI_Patsfan
01-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Hope the rant made you feel better BB.
Your stats weren't entirely right, but that's OK, no one here seems to like numbers for some reason.
Enjoy the game!!! :beer:

patriot nation
01-13-2006, 04:58 AM
The only numbers that matter are these.

5......the number of fingers on each hand....
4......the number of years Brady has been a starter
3......the number of fingers with SB rings on them
2......the number of times the Pats have faced the Broncs this year
and
1......the place the Pats will finish this year!!!

What are you waiting for????

Kick off the damn ball!!!

InBillWeTrust
01-13-2006, 09:02 AM
I need to vent just a little. Please excuse me but all I have been hearing all week is Tom Brady is 10-0 in the postseason and The Patriots are 6-0 when facing an opponent for the second time. These are the reasons that folks believe the Pats are gonna beat the Broncos. Give me a break! After this Saturday night The streaks will be over. These numbers sound better to me Tom Brady 10-1 in the postseason and the Patriots will be 6-1 when facing an opponent for the second time in a season. I don't know about anyone else but man I can't wait till Saturday night!!!! Go Broncos!!! Invesco will be rockin hopefully all night. :beer:

Yea, the Steelers, Colts, Panthers, Eagles, and Titans didn't like hearing about Brady and the Pats' track record in the playoffs, either. They finally respected the facts after it was too late. :)

BroncFanIN
01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
That 6-0 stat cracks me up. Look INSIDE the stat. Who do they play twice a year?!
Bills, Jets and Miami. Weak division. Main reason Pats got in this year. Any other division in the AFC, 10 wins would not get you in: see Chiefs :huh:

But they are here, having blown out a weak Jags team. They are facing a better, balanced attack with Denver.

Game of the week, tomorrow night! GO BRONCOS!! :beer:

Archimedes Owl
01-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Yea, the Steelers, Colts, Panthers, Eagles, and Titans didn't like hearing about Brady and the Pats' track record in the playoffs, either. They finally respected the facts after it was too late. :)
To me the statistic seems pointless. I mean, they won the last two Superbowls and won a superbowl the Prior time they were in the playoffs. That's all that that means. Oh, it also means they beat Jacksonville last week. Of course we must give credit where credit is due because they just won two superbowls in a row. At the same time, those wins were against different football teams and different New England teams won them. The last two New England teams to win the Superbowl went 14-2 in the regular season. And even with a whole bunch of injuries, that's a huge drop off. We'll see.

I just think that it is better to judge teams based on what they've done this year when at full strength when trying to determine who will win a game. Last year, if we were facing the Patriots (Even if we were 13-3 and had dominated our division and schedule and beat them earlier in the year), I would have considered the Broncos an underdog. This year, the Broncos are very much better than the last couple of years and the Patriots appear worse. But even if the Patriots are the same team as the last couple of years, I like the chances of this Broncos team that is much better than any Broncos teams of years past and is now fully healthy.

LordTrychon
01-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Just because I'm so sick of that 6-0 on the rematch statistic, I'm going to help clear it up... They try and make it sound like it's a playoff statistic, but it's not as far as I can tell... here's some real numbers.

Since all four games this weekend are rematches from the regular season, here's an interesting note: Since 2000, there have been eight instances when teams that faced each other once in the regular season played a rematch in the divisional playoffs. In those games, the teams that won the regular-season meetings are a combined 8-0 in the playoff rematch. (Note: This does not include three times when teams squared off twice in the regular season and then a third time in the playoffs.)

Source (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9159473)

:coffee:

MNPatsFan
01-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Just because I'm so sick of that 6-0 on the rematch statistic, I'm going to help clear it up... They try and make it sound like it's a playoff statistic, but it's not as far as I can tell... here's some real numbers.

Source (http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9159473)

:coffee:

I'm not sure what the exact stat is or where it comes from, but I do know that part of this stat is comprised of 2001 lost to Rams in regular season and beat them in Super Bowl and 2004 lost to Steelers in regular season and beat them in AFC Championship game. I don't know where the remaining wins come from and I don't really care because stats will not win the game Saturday for the Patriots.

It is going to be a great, hard fought game that I cannot wait to watch. I hope the Patriots win the game, but if they don't I will root for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl. Good Luck!!! :beer:

bobmal99
01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Here is a stat for you.

Lost to the Steelers twice in regular season.

Beat Pittsburg twice in Pittsburg for their third and forth
AFC Championships.

Beat the Colts In Foxboro, for their 5th AFC Championship.

Sure Denver is supposed to be the toughest place to win for
a visiting team.

This years Broncos team is a great one.

However, the Pats very rarely rout anyone. All they do
is win when they have to!!!

Just makes the win that much sweeter!!!

PatsGirl
01-13-2006, 02:45 PM
That 6-0 stat cracks me up. Look INSIDE the stat. Who do they play twice a year?!
Bills, Jets and Miami. Weak division. Main reason Pats got in this year. Any other division in the AFC, 10 wins would not get you in: see Chiefs :huh:

But they are here, having blown out a weak Jags team. They are facing a better, balanced attack with Denver.

Game of the week, tomorrow night! GO BRONCOS!! :beer:

Well, I guess using that mentality it will be pointless for the Pats to even show up!

Astrass
01-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Stats mean nothing come tomorrow. I think these are 2 great teams that have the ability to win anywhere......except at denver where we're undefeated this year haha j/p =)

LordTrychon
01-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, I guess using that mentality it will be pointless for the Pats to even show up!
Now that you mention it... ;)

Archimedes Owl
01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
No.

It means that the stat is useless and doesn't tell us anything.

Well, it does tell us that the Patriots were a good team lately. I mean, if a team wins a lot, they are a lot more likely to win against a team even if they lost to the team, but stats like that tell us nothing else.

And I mean, come on, we know that the Patriots have been a good team. Any fan that follows the game knows that the Pats won the last two superbowls. They have been an excellent team the last couple of years, but that says nothing about how good they are this year.