PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Sick of the Jake the Mistake Theory!

Medford Bronco
01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
I am so sick of hearing that Jake will lose the game and throw multiple picks. What did he throw 2 picks at home in 8 games. Plummer will silence all of the critics and the Broncos win this game in close fashion.

Another player I would like to see have a good game is Courtney Brown. It is time for the Dline to step up and play like they did in the KC monday night game.

Broncos 27 Pats 24.

Hit Brady and cause turnovers and get it done so the Pats can be "disrespected all the way back to Beantown" and around here (in Boston) will be enjoyable for all of the Bronco fans and no more Three-peat and Dynansty crap!

:D when the Broncos win this game!!

rogue719
01-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Of course we are. Jake threw only 7 picks all this season. His first season here he only threw 7. In between he had a bad year and threw 20, but also tied Elways' record for TD passes and broke Elways' record for passing yards in a season.

For some reason the media folk are looking at the Broncos and saying "can you picture Jake Plummer winning the Super Bowl?" and shaking their heads no. But its' teams that win Super Bowls, not one player. Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl all by himself and no one else can either.

That's ok, Trent Dilfer also has a Super Bowl ring. No one expected that either. :beer:

Medford Bronco
01-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Of course we are. Jake threw only 7 picks all this season. His first season here he only threw 7. In between he had a bad year and threw 20, but also tied Elways' record for TD passes and broke Elways' record for passing yards in a season.

For some reason the media folk are looking at the Broncos and saying "can you picture Jake Plummer winning the Super Bowl?" and shaking their heads no. But its' teams that win Super Bowls, not one player. Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl all by himself and no one else can either.

That's ok, Trent Dilfer also has a Super Bowl ring. No one expected that either. :beer:

I agree!

Wouln't it be great for the rebel to beat Mr. "All American Perfect QB" :D

Wanobe
01-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I am so sick of hearing that Jake will lose the game and throw multiple picks. What did he throw 2 picks at home in 8 games. Plummer will silence all of the critics and the Broncos win this game in close fashion.

Another player I would like to see have a good game is Courtney Brown. It is time for the Dline to step up and play like they did in the KC monday night game.

Broncos 27 Pats 24.

Hit Brady and cause turnovers and get it done so the Pats can be "disrespected all the way back to Beantown" and around here (in Boston) will be enjoyable for all of the Bronco fans and no more Three-peat and Dynansty crap!

i am as well the sad part is when he does prove the media wrong they will just call it a "fluke" they wont ever admit they were wrong

Shrugging Galt
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM

Dont compare Jake to Trent.
Jake is 50 times the player Dilfer ever was or ever will be.

Go Broncos

LT4Broncs
01-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Exactly! What does he have to do to prove himself? He has been consistently getting the job done all year, yet it seems like the media is still holding their breath, waiting for Jake to screw up. Sorry, it's not gonna happen!

rogue719
01-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Dont compare Jake to Trent.
Jake is 50 times the player Dilfer ever was or ever will be.

Go Broncos

Yes he is, but the point was and is: no one player wins or loses a Super Bowl. Not even Elway. Teams win Super Bowls. Dilfer is not as good as Plummer and he has a Super Bowl ring.

If the Broncos go all the way to the Big Dance and win there, it's a team win, not a Jake Plummer win.

Unfortunately, all the media wil talk about is Jake's interceptions in the past and that no one thinks he can win the Super Bowl.

Archimedes Owl
01-13-2006, 03:18 PM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=51607

I made a post about why it is unrealistic to expect "Jake the Fake" to show up.

It not only looks at the fact that he has consistently not made mistakes all year, but that only three teams have fewer interceptions than New England.

If you have had 10 interceptions all year as New England has, you can't expect to start to get picks left and right against a QB who has thrown so few all year. It could happen, but Pats fans shouldn't count on it.

psychobilly
01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I am putting these type of threads on ignore. They bore me and are not grounded in facts.

Kapaibro
01-13-2006, 03:57 PM
And we have to take into account that Brady has had most of his INT's(he has 14, twice as much as Jake) on the road!

That stat doesn't get brought up a whole lot! Even if Jake throws 1 pick, we can expect at least 2 from Brady, and we all know what Champ does with picks!

The Donkinator
01-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Yep. Jake's thrown 2 picks at home, Brady's thrown 12 on the road. It's pretty clear which quarterback we ought to be expecting turnovers from.

Merely a function of the comparative way in which each team has run the ball this year. With the Broncos hammering it on the ground, Jake is picking his spots and doesn't have to force the ball to get first downs. The Pats have struggled on the ground and Brady has put them on his back.

I still would want Brady with the game on the line -- and I definitely would want Brady if my team is struggling to run the ball. Can you imagine how many picks the Jakester would have thrown if he was trying to run the Pats offense? :eek:

BroncoManiac_69
01-13-2006, 08:24 PM

Broncos 27 Pats 24.

I opened this thread because you used the word "theory".

What is that about? No Mistake Jake is not a "theory". It is a fact. Jake has MUCH improved this year and ALL Bronco fans will admit that. Even Mtn Man. ;)