PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Degeneres Picks the Broncos

BlueDamsel
01-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Heh, I was flipping channels and Ellen Degeneres was doing a "Football breakdown" of this weekend...

She picked the Bears over the Panthers, the Seahawks over the Skins, the Colts over the Steelers and the Broncos over the Pats...

Sound reasoning too... "Until the Patriots put down those guns, I don't pick them to win anything" LOL :cheeky:

Conquistadita
01-13-2006, 03:47 PM
How stereotypical. ;)

And the Patriots only have guns at home games.

LiquidBlue
01-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry but it seems she just took the teams with the best records.

The Donkinator
01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Heh, I was flipping channels and Ellen Degeneres was doing a "Football breakdown" of this weekend...

She picked the Bears over the Panthers, the Seahawks over the Skins, the Colts over the Steelers and the Broncos over the Pats...

Kiss of death.

Bears over Panthers? That will happen.....Fox is SO going to outcoach Lovie.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the SeaHawks go down. (They have to open up the offense a little more this week, however.)

svpearson
01-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Great, not exactly the person I want supporting our team!

Conquistadita
01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Scott Adams chose the Rams of the Patriots for similar reasons.

NJfan26
01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Ellen saying the broncos are going to win, that makes me feel sooo much better....haha. Ellen probably know squat about football, she just had to fill a time slot in her show. Those picks probably came from the camera man. :D

rogue719
01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm sorry but it seems she just took the teams with the best records.

Or, she took the home teams? She took those teams because they are very likely the best teams?

steve1iron
01-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow .... Ellen Degeneres picked the Broncos .... that's impressive .... I just saw that Richard Simmons also picked the Broncos .... all of the experts have spoken :D

Seamus
01-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Wow .... Ellen Degeneres picked the Broncos .... that's impressive .... I just saw that Richard Simmons also picked the Broncos .... all of the experts have spoken :D
I was thinking about this pick, what is the difference between an Ellen Degeneres or Richard Simmons pick from a Adam Schien?
Other than most will not know that Adam Schien writes for Fox Sports and chose all the same teams except the Broncos. Most of the talking head dolts probably never saw a Denver game and only rely on stats to make their picks.
Ellen probably doesn't even know the stats! Just play the game.

BlueDamsel
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
She wasn't using the official NFL logos, she was associating them with other things...
IE The Broncos were a Ford Bronco, the Patriots, Mel Gibson.

The Bears were Yogi Bear & the Panthers were pink panther. She chose the bears over the panthers because she figured in the wild, that a bear would kill a panther, unless the panther was in a tree and pounced the bear. Since there are no trees on the field, she assumes the Bears would win.

The Seahawks/Redskins: The seahawks were represented by a hawk with a sailor hat on it. The redskins were a picture of George Washington, blushing. She picked the Squaks over the Redskins because she knows that Holmgren watches her show, for no other reason.

The Colts/Steelers: The colts were a baby horse, the steelers were the Cheeseburgular from the old Mickey D's commercials. She said "I don't want to condone stealing on any level, and I like horses, so I pick the colts"

kevofar
01-13-2006, 05:22 PM
The reason she picked the Broncos is cus they have guns. She said put the guns down and I'll pic you.

CapeCodder
01-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Ellen prefers women over men, doesn't she? That does not make her a bad girl. Let's all be tolerant.

4team
01-13-2006, 05:53 PM

Sound reasoning too... "Until the Patriots put down those guns, I don't pick them to win anything" LOL :cheeky:

Bro. You can have her. In fact please take her. I'd have nightmares see her wearing a Pats hats

4team
01-13-2006, 05:55 PM
Ellen prefers women over men, doesn't she? That does not make her a bad girl. Let's all be tolerant.

Tell her that.

BlueDamsel
01-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Bro. You can have her. In fact please take her. I'd have nightmares see her wearing a Pats hats

Uhm er...

*looks down*

I seem to be lacking the items necessary to be a "bro"...

Conquistadita
01-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Gah! Where'd her ***** go?! She's been castrated! Someone call the doctor!

LiquidBlue
01-13-2006, 07:31 PM

LMAO. Dude...BlueDamsel is a woman.

MASSMICK
01-13-2006, 07:42 PM

....seperated at birth...ellen degenerate and john elway....horse faces stick together :beer:

BroncoFanCam
01-13-2006, 07:50 PM
P.S. Did anyone else piss their pants when he popped up?
Only the tiniest of trickles... lol... what a ridiculous mascot! :laugh:

And the Queen Bull-Dyke has ruined everything now... we can't compete with that kind of jinx. What'd she have to open her gaping pie hole for? :mad:

Broncosboyeee
01-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Kiss of death.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the SeaHawks go down. (They have to open up the offense a little more this week, however.)

The Bears handled Carolina the first time w/ Orton at the helm. Great, Carolina beat a NY team that was starting their practice squad at the entire LB position, of course the Panthers were going to run all over them. The Bears D is a little different. Until Mr. Fox has an answer for the 8 sacks given up (all to D linemen) I'll take Chi-town everytime.

Not sure if I can go w/ the Skins either. They have no offense. Very solid D (not on the level of the Bear's D but who is), but if you can't move the ball and it keeps going right back to Seattle on offense and it's over... fast! The Skins get down 2 td's - forget about it. On the flipside of that, I will say the same thing about the Bears, but I don't see that happening at home.

WorstTrollEver
01-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I heard she was all "lickered up" when she made her picks.

BroncoFanCam
01-13-2006, 08:36 PM

---> :sick: <---

LiquidBlue
01-14-2006, 10:36 AM

Do you even know how to spell?

Conquistadita
01-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Do you even know what a pun is?

semperfi
01-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Do you even know how to spell?

You obviously don`t get it. :D

Wonder who the rest of the gay community is picking? :confused:

The Donkinator
01-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Kiss of death.

In addition to picking the Panthers and Redskins, I'm going to take the Pats of course. The only favorite I see winning is the Colts. How's that for cojones? A round of upsets (3 out of 4).

Skins
Panthers
Pats
Colts

:beer:

In-com-plete
01-14-2006, 03:53 PM

I can't believe she went with us. I figured she'd go with the team that has a homosexual QB.

semperfi
01-14-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't believe she went with us. I figured she'd go with the team that has a homosexual QB.

Maybe deep down she likes mountain men...or wants to be one.