PDA

View Full Version : So Sick Of Patriots Pub!!!

orangecrush.
01-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Ok..I have put up with the patriots pub everywhere I turned all week. But I woke up this morning and flipped on Sportscenter, what do I see? I see a headline that says, "What the Pats will do to Buc the Broncs running game." This was the last straw. I have not heard anything about the Broncos being the bye team and maybe being a little reseted. Never heard anything about the Broncos being UNDEFEATED at Mile High this year. Never heard anything about the Broncos only losing two times ever in the Mile High City when they get a bye. All I hear is how the Pats will stop the running game, how the Pats will stop Plummer, and how the Pats defense will be the deciding factor in the game. This is all crap and I have had it. Nobody resepects Denver and what they have done and they haven't all season. Denver has been winning under the radar and they did in such a way it gave them the number 2 seed. For me tonight this game has become more personal then I could have ever imagined just because I want the Broncs to stop the Pats so bad it shuts every damn person up and shows the nation that you can not go into Denver in January and come away victorious. As I am writing this right now I am listening to my TV, what do I hear? Sportscenter talking about the Pats D stopping the run. Everyone in Denver tonight better have that stadium rocking. It better be so loud that everyone watching the game on tv should not be able to hear the commentators. I want everyone in the US to watch and say, "Now that is how home field advantage should be." Hopefully the stadium gets rocking so hard it can be measured on a sisemograph. Ok I feel much better now. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BroncoManiac_69
01-14-2006, 05:59 AM
I know.

All this week. Patriots this. Patriots that. They are looking to make history.

History is going to be made alright. They will join the teams that "Shoulda Coulda Woulda"

armedequation
01-14-2006, 07:17 AM
everyone is saying"i cant pick against the patriots" and they have that look in their eye that says: I want to pick the broncos but what if im wrong......

T140
01-14-2006, 07:17 AM
The Broncos will show all those idiots who forgot about the Broncos this season that the Broncos are a great football team, and the Pats are going down.

Go Broncos, can't wait for some Bronco Football and that stadium better be rocking.

BTW welcome to the boards orangecrush.

nickmeyer
01-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Look when you have won 3 out of the last four superbowls you should be picked to win when you are in the playoffs. It doesn't matter what everyone is saying personally I love being the underdog it makes it that much sweater when we win!

bleedbluorange
01-14-2006, 07:43 AM
I was tired of the the Patriot Pub a week ago. I started taping it. I will be taping the game on the same tape. I think the team will prove the football world wrong. Go Broncos..........

PatsGirl
01-14-2006, 07:59 AM
Ok..I have put up with the patriots pub everywhere I turned all week. But I woke up this morning and flipped on Sportscenter, what do I see? I see a headline that says, "What the Pats will do to Buc the Broncs running game." This was the last straw. I have not heard anything about the Broncos being the bye team and maybe being a little reseted. Never heard anything about the Broncos being UNDEFEATED at Mile High this year. Never heard anything about the Broncos only losing two times ever in the Mile High City when they get a bye. All I hear is how the Pats will stop the running game, how the Pats will stop Plummer, and how the Pats defense will be the deciding factor in the game. This is all crap and I have had it. Nobody resepects Denver and what they have done and they haven't all season. Denver has been winning under the radar and they did in such a way it gave them the number 2 seed. For me tonight this game has become more personal then I could have ever imagined just because I want the Broncs to stop the Pats so bad it shuts every damn person up and shows the nation that you can not go into Denver in January and come away victorious. As I am writing this right now I am listening to my TV, what do I hear? Sportscenter talking about the Pats D stopping the run. Everyone in Denver tonight better have that stadium rocking. It better be so loud that everyone watching the game on tv should not be able to hear the commentators. I want everyone in the US to watch and say, "Now that is how home field advantage should be." Hopefully the stadium gets rocking so hard it can be measured on a sisemograph. Ok I feel much better now. GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh really? When I was watching Sportscenter this morning the Schwam had asked 2 guys (I can't remember their names because there are so many dang "experts" on these shows) and one picked the Pats and the other picked the Broncos. Then I watched Fox and 2 out of 3 of their "expert" analysts(Jason Seahorn and Tim Fox) picked the Broncos. Jay Glazer picked the Pats, many of the New England media picked the Broncos, even Ted Johnson who retired during the beginning of training camp picked the Broncos. You need to stop worrying about what these guys are saying because they have NOTHING to do with the game. I really wish they would not do any picks on these shows and just report the news and what happened in the game. What makes them an "expert" anyway? Is there some kind of test they can take or do you just need to know a little about football? In the case of the latter, I am an expert. Good luck on your personal victory.

husky71
01-14-2006, 08:16 AM
If the Broncos ever win 3 out of 4 from here on in, all you will hear is how good that team is, and they will be the favorite to repeat, until they lose a few. If it were the Broncos instead of the Patriots who had won 3 out of 4 in the recent past, you Bronco fans would be talking the same way some Patriots fans and media types are now. If you deny that you are either a liar or a fool or both. No fans like a perrenial winner, unless of course it is their own team.

We are enjoying our time at the top. It will come to an end someday. If and when it does, history can never be erased, and the Partiots of the 2000s will forever be mentioned as winning team and a great organization.

BTW, If you should win tonight I will gratiously congratulate the Broncos on a game well played. You will stop or three-in-a-row attempt and we will have to wait to win our 4th SB. I guess we Patriot fans will just have to wait for next season to make it 4 SBs in 6 years.

PatsGirl: Relax and enjoy tonight's game.

DrunkPanda
01-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Look when you have won 3 out of the last four superbowls you should be picked to win when you are in the playoffs. It doesn't matter what everyone is saying personally I love being the underdog it makes it that much sweater when we win!
not when the difference between the superbowl winning team and the next year team is a missing offensive coordinator, missing defensive coordinator, missing one of the best safeties in the game............ you don't just give a team the vince lombardi trophy because they won it last year......... if that's how the playoffs worked, there would only be one team that ever won the superbowl.
but it doesn't bother me. i don't even watch these nfl analysis shows so i don't hear what the experts are saying except on this forum. i'd rather just win the game while every expert picks against us, than lose the game while every expert picks us

Q-niverse
01-14-2006, 08:29 AM
They're just showing the respect that comes with 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. The Patriots have yet to be beat in the post season. Many have said they will pick the pats until they lose.

Interestingly I have yet to see any of these analysts saying the Broncos can't win. I think they are just tipping their hat to the champs.

I'm not worried and once the Broncos start winning Playoff games we will get the love too!

semperfi
01-14-2006, 09:20 AM
If you say that Bronco fans weren`t talking the same way during their 2 SB wins in the 90`s, I`ll call you a liar. How quick you forget. The pub comes with the Lombardi trophy. :coffee:

PatsGirl
01-14-2006, 09:23 AM
If the Broncos ever win 3 out of 4 from here on in, all you will hear is how good that team is, and they will be the favorite to repeat, until they lose a few. If it were the Broncos instead of the Patriots who had won 3 out of 4 in the recent past, you Bronco fans would be talking the same way some Patriots fans and media types are now. If you deny that you are either a liar or a fool or both. No fans like a perrenial winner, unless of course it is their own team.

We are enjoying our time at the top. It will come to an end someday. If and when it does, history can never be erased, and the Partiots of the 2000s will forever be mentioned as winning team and a great organization.

BTW, If you should win tonight I will gratiously congratulate the Broncos on a game well played. You will stop or three-in-a-row attempt and we will have to wait to win our 4th SB. I guess we Patriot fans will just have to wait for next season to make it 4 SBs in 6 years.

PatsGirl: Relax and enjoy tonight's game.
I second everything you just said. I will try to relax and enjoy the game. It is hard to relax when watching the Pats though because they are always keeping you on the edge of your seat. May the best team win.

semperfi
01-14-2006, 09:27 AM
I second everything you just said. I will try to relax and enjoy the game. It is hard to relax when watching the Pats though because they are always keeping you on the edge of your seat. May the best team win.

Its easy. Just remember, you aren`t playing, and you can affect the outcome, so just enjoy the game........and drink heavily. :beer:

HoustonPatriot
01-14-2006, 09:45 AM

Well you should change your channel to NFL Network Total Access. They pic Broncos and they mention everything you are saying. Even though TD is 1 of them. ;) The reason why the media is saying it is because of what you did against the colts 2 straight yrs losing so bad. Piss me off 2 I HATE the Colts! What it comes down to is you have to win in the Playoffs to get respect. Regular season just gets you there. Also the Media put that monkey on your back of can`t win a playoff game since Elway. PATS have earned their respect by winning. IE:By going into Steeler Town last yr. Steelers hadn`t lost at home either 8-0 and 15-1 season. Had all the momentum it was their so called YEAR. PATS Stole it from them.
Tonight the table is set for Denver to earn some respect. Can Denver earn respect tonight?

semperfi
01-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Tonight the table is set for Denver to earn some respect. Can Denver earn respect tonight?
I think most people, Pats fans included, already respect your team. I sure as hell do. :cheers:

BigBen#7
01-14-2006, 02:24 PM
you guys deserve more respect.

Go Steelers!!!

HoustonPatriot
01-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I will try to relax and enjoy the game. It is hard to relax when watching the Pats though because they are always keeping you on the edge of your seat. May the best team win.

So True PatsGirl :beer:

CassiusCraig
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
That's all good news for Denver! The Broncos and the Broncos fans know that the Patriot fever is only because of the Patriots 10 win playoff streak and for that reason alone people are just looking to write off any opponent that New England has.

Denver rarely gets national love. That is FINE! It works in Denver's favor and the Broncos have also shown in the Shannahan regime that they almost prefer to be underdogs or overlooked.

The Broncos are going to so defeat the Patriots that all this talk about New England is going to make those "expert analysts" looke like amateurs.

ne3pete
01-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I think most people, Pats fans included, already respect your team. I sure as hell do. :cheers:

I agree and do respect the Broncos... they are a class org and say all the right things.... thats why they have been under the radar... they do not grab all the headlines by talkin smack... they keep it on the field. Thats why this game worries me... shades of the Pats first SB run... will be a great game...
go pats!! :ugh:

rka
01-14-2006, 04:13 PM
The talking monkeys on TV (er, experts I think they call themselves) simply pick what they see and know. They don't see the Broncos, they don't know the Broncos. These sportshows (largely driven from East Coast locales) are so inundated with NY, Boston, Philly and Washington DC coverage that it simply drowns out anything else.

Sure they see highlights every once in awhile, but until that last week, when the number of teams has been chopped down, they simply have not had the time nor the foresight to look closely at the Broncos. Other than Jackson, Schlereth, Schefter and TD, which of these guys do you think actually *watch* Broncos games other than what they have to see to voiceover highlights? Do you think Berman watches Broncos games? Other than Jaws, they don't break down film, they don't study the game. They read highlights. They do *stories*. The minute the camera turns off they spend their time on the phone with their agent angling for the next commercial or cameo appearance they can do. They are fluff.

That's why it is impossible to get upset over them and any perceived bias. You can't get upset over ignorance.